• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ COMPLETE! ] Smashboards Creates: All-Star Strife (An indie-based platform fighter!)

FazDude

Smash Master
Voting is closed! Let's take a look at those results!
  • Gomez (Fez): 3
  • Madotsuki (Yume Nikki): 5
  • Trapper (Dead by Daylight): 5
  • Castle Crasher: 7
  • Miriam (Bloodstained): 11
  • Henry Stickmin: 11
This presents an interesting dilemma. Usually whenever a tie happens in this thread, I usually leave it up to a tiebreaker vote or RNG. However, in this case, I really don't want to do the latter - It feels a little too unfair to leave what characters get in up to chance, especially when resubmissions aren't allowed. As such, I'd like to raise two possible solutions:
  • A traditional tiebreaker vote - One character gets in, and the other cannot be resubmitted by the person who initially submitted them.
  • Both Miriam and Henry join the roster, but the number of fighter submission jobs is cut down by one since we're taking up two slots.
I'll leave the decision up to you guys. Here's a StrawPoll to vote on what we end up doing. Voting will close tomorrow, but in the meantime, any other ideas are welcome.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Voting is closed, and by proxy, we have decided that both Miriam and Henry Stickmin will be joining our roster!

Through RNG, I would like to announce which character we'll be tackling first...

Miriam is Bound for Battle!
1657299181164.png

Miriam's stage is Livre Ex Machina. Congratulations to Megadoomer Megadoomer !

Themes:
Metroidvania
Demons / Undead
Castles
Magic
Warriors​

Job 200: Submit a moveset for Miriam!
Please submit a list of specials and a guard for Miriam.

Job 201: Vote on Miriam's bonus content!
Please vote here for Miriam's bonus content.

Submissions/voting close tomorrow afternoon!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 200 - Miriam moveset

Neutral Special: Cerulean Splash – Miriam uses the first shard that you get in the game, shooting out a ball of water that bounces along the ground twice.

Forward Special: Reflector RayMiriam travels along a ray of light. Her destination is shown by a beam that shoots from her hand, and the distance that the beam travels will increase if it bounces off of a wall, floor, or ceiling. The only part that does damage is when she appears, with a flash of light surrounding herself, at the end.

Back Special: Throwing Axe - Miriam throws a spinning axe in a high arc - it's one of the shards in her game, and I figure there should be at least one direct Castlevania reference in her moveset

Up Special: Invert – Miriam flips upside down for a short amount of time, reversing gravity on her. This is automatically undone after a certain amount of time, though unlike in Bloodstained, she can’t walk on ceilings. (that seems like it would become outright broken in custom stages if that was the case)

Down Special: Va Schia - a blue glyph appears in front of Miriam above her head, and once it's been completed, it becomes a large chunk of ice that falls straight down. Holding down the button increases the number of projectiles that form in a straight line, up to three.

Guard: Welcome Company – summons three Poltergeists (living paintings) to surround Miriam, acting as a protective barrier. Each Poltergeist can tank one projectile for her, and the paintings will deal light damage without causing flinching if they hit someone, though they’ll break on contact. (this encourages the enemy to use physical attacks while they’re up, discouraging a campy playstyle) Miriam can move while they’re active. She can’t summon more until they’ve all vanished, and there’s a cooldown after they’ve left – trying to summon them will get a similar reaction to Miriam being out of MP in the original game.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Megadoomer Megadoomer 's Miriam moveset wins by default.
  • We're currently tied in the bonus content poll - Please vote if you haven't already! If the tie remains by the time I update the thread tomorrow, I will use RNG to resolve it.
----
Job 202: Submit Miriam's alternate colors/costumes!
Please submit 8 or 16 alts for Miriam.

Job 203: Submit Livre Ex Machina's music!
Please submit six music tracks from the Bloodstained games to play on this stage.

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
FazDude FazDude I have a little question, by any case if possible also add a Blasphemous Theme considering that not only the characters had crossover with them but I dont think we will end repeating genre and at least it would be an opportunity to have something of that game.

FazDude

Smash Master
FazDude FazDude I have a little question, by any case if possible also add a Blasphemous Theme considering that not only the characters had crossover with them but I dont think we will end repeating genre and at least it would be an opportunity to have something of that game.
I'm trying to steer away from making specific games themes, but since this is a crossover between two indie games, I will allow Blasphemous content as a little exception to the rule.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Miriam costumes: (references for 1-6 taken from here)

1. default (blue)
2. purple
3. green
4. red
5. black
6. pink
7. retro-inspired (whereas the other costumes just change the colour of her outfit, this changes her entire palette to match the Curse Of The Moon sprite, complete with her skin and hair changing)

8. Vakyrie Dress

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's music list for Livre Ex Machina wins by default!
  • Megadoomer Megadoomer 's Miriam alts win by default!
  • Since the tie for bonus content hasn't been broken, I've employed some RNG. Miriam will come with a new boss! This means that future DLC fighters will not be able to come with bosses.
----
Job 204: Submit super moves for Miriam!
Please submit three super moves for Miriam.

Job 205: Submit a new boss!
Please submit a new boss for Miriam to come with. Note that said boss does not have to come from Bloodstained; anything related to Miriam's themes or Blasphemous will be allowed.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 204: Miriam super moves

1. Teps Oceus
- Miriam shouts "Teps Oceus!" and lightning flies around the screen, chaining between everyone that it can reach. It deals an average amount of damage for a level 1, but has basically no knockback to make up for how fast and powerful it is.

2. Insatiable - a shard that you get for beating Koji Igarashi in a boss fight - here's a video of it in action. Miriam shouts "unacceptable!", tossing a wine glass to the ground. Pillars of purple flame erupt from where it landed, shooting across the stage in a straight line and rapidly dealing damage to whoever's caught in them.

3. Draconic Rage - a magical glyph appears in front of Miriam, and a massive black dragon comes out. The dragon spits out a fireball that explodes, covering roughly half of a stage, before stepping back into the glyph and disappearing

Job 205: new boss

Orlok Dracule (O.D.)

One of the secret bosses in Bloodstained, O.D. is a vampire who's really protective of library books, of all things. Looking and sounding extremely similar to Alucard from Castlevania, O.D. is a human-sized boss much like Marie.

O.D. has vampiric abilities like being able to fade into mist or transforming into a bat or a wolf, along with fire and ice magic. (he can shoot out fireballs and pillars of fire, similar to Dracula) Much like Alucard, he's a skilled swordsman, though he only has one or two sword attacks since the magic is flashier.

In addition, his name being the reversed version of another famous vampire (you thought it would be Dracula, but it was actually ME, DIO!!) is seemingly foreshadowing, because O.D. can also freeze time, making him a difficult opponent to deal with.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Boss Idea: Shriek

Shriek is the main antagonist of Ori and the Will of the Wisps. The fight would take multiple phases:

• Phase 1:
    • Shriek will begin her fight in the background, screeching to summon Darkwings to attack. Once you defeat about 15 enemies, she swoops towards the camera and flies toward the left of the screen
  • Phase 2:
    • This Phase will have a side scrolling area where Shriek is chasing you. This is in a similar vein to DJ Music Man’s fight but you don’t if you get close, she’ll just attack you
  • Phase 3:
    • Once you deplete 15% of her health, you fight her in a fight similar to her first phase in Ori and the Will of the Wisps. After you defeat her, she’ll struggle to fly away before collapsing and admitting defeat
I mainly suggested Shriek because I felt we needed Ori content

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Speaking of bosses, did we ever decide Reimu’s Classic Mode Boss? If we have not, I would nominate Marie from Skullgirls because she looks like a Touhou protagonist

FazDude

Smash Master
Speaking of bosses, did we ever decide Reimu’s Classic Mode Boss? If we have not, I would nominate Marie from Skullgirls because she looks like a Touhou protagonist
Oh yeah, I kinda sorta forgot about that - We did have a job submitting/voting for bosses, but it was at the same time as the submissions for Round 2, so I forgot to report the results. It was a tie between Photoshop Flowey and Grimm; Through RNG, I declare Grimm the winner! Congratulations to Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer !

Sorry I forgot about this for so long - In the future, I'll try and pair up boss submissions/votes in a way that they aren't overshadowed by fighter submissions.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I kinda sorta forgot about that - We did have a job submitting/voting for bosses, but it was at the same time as the submissions for Round 2, so I forgot to report the results. It was a tie between Photoshop Flowey and Grimm; Through RNG, I declare Grimm the winner! Congratulations to Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer !

Sorry I forgot about this for so long - In the future, I'll try and pair up boss submissions/votes in a way that they aren't overshadowed by fighter submissions.
That’s O.K.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Megadoomer Megadoomer 's supers win by default!
  • Please choose your top two bosses from this list for a ranked vote (self-voting is allowed for second):
    • Orlok Dracule (Bloodstained) (Megadoomer)
    • Shriek (Ori and the Blind Forest) (Qwerty UIOP)
    • Ten Piedad (Blasphemous) (Infinity Sorcerer)
My boss votes are going to Orlok and Shriek in that order.
----
Job 206: Submit animations for Miriam!
Please submit an entrance, three taunts, and/or three victory animations for Reimu!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Boss votes:
1. Shriek
2. Ten Piedad

Miriam animations:

Entrance:
Miriam appears on-stage through a portal that reforms into a stained glass window, referencing the fast travel rooms from Bloodstained. The window/portal sinks into the ground as Miriam prepares to fight.

Taunts:

1. Miriam strikes one of the two JoJo poses that she goes into if you hold Up on the D-pad in Bloodstained. She could alternate between the two of them, or it could be random.

2. Miriam pulls out a plate or bowl of food, makes a comment, and puts it back in her inventory. The food that she pulls out is random, with a few different remarks based on what she brings out. Beef Curry would get the best reaction (it has really high stat boosts, and its description seems the most positive), while Dark Matter would get the worst. (“Is… is this really edible?”)

3. Miriam summons a chair and sits on it. This taunt can be held, and she stays sitting for as long as the taunt button is held for.

Victory Poses:

1. a shard appearing and getting absorbed into her body, like what happens after she beats most bosses

2. she plays the piano along with the victory theme, ending with a dramatic flourish.

3. she brandishes her whip before turning with her back to the screen, like her animation after beating a boss in Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Orlok Dracule will be our new boss! Congratulations to Megadoomer Megadoomer !
  • Megadoomer's Miriam animations also win by default.
----
Job 207: Submit a boss for Miriam to fight on her Arcade Mode route!
I mean, most of you will probably pick Orlok, but still...

Job 208: Submit a Signature Item for Miriam!
Please submit an item that can be used by any fighter, but is best when used by Miriam!

Job 209: Submit Bloodstained cards!
Please submit up to three Bloodstained characters to appear as cards. Miriam, Poltergeists, Orlok Dracule, Zangetsu, Alfred, and Hachi are all cards by default.

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon. While today is the last of our Miriam jobs, tomorrow will not be a chracter submission day; Instead, we'll be starting work with the other character added last round - Henry Stickmin!

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Miriam will fight Orlok, per Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's request!
  • The Dantalion Familiar will be Miriam's Signature Item as submitted by Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP !
  • All cards will be accepted!
----
Miriam's work is finished, meaning that today, we move on to a new fighter...
Henry Stickmin Steals A Slot!
1657729113756.png

Henry's stage is Toppat Tour. Congratulations to... uhh, me?

Themes:
Flash games
Point-and-click
Thievery
Escape
Stickmen​

I would also like to note that despite Henry "crossing over" with various series in his games, unlike Bloodstained and Blasphemous, these usually aren't official crossovers, as they're mainly confined to "unofficial" appearances and spoofs. As such, the "crossover rule" that allowed Blasphemous content in Miriam's content won't apply to Henry unless they are official crossovers or direct cameos (so something like Among Us or his cameo in Friday Night Funkin' would be grounds for Among Us/FNF content, while the Undertale reference in Completing the Mission wouldn't allow Undertale content).

Anyway...

Job 210: Submit a moveset for Henry!
Please include all five specials and a unique guard.

Job 211: Vote on Henry's bonus content!
Since Orlok was added as a boss last round, future DLC bosses are no longer on the table. However, I did add a slot for two additional items - No idea why I didn't do this before.

FazDude

Smash Master
Henry Moveset
  • Neutral Special: Choices
    • This special gives Henry a HUD where he can pick from one of four different items. However, once he picks an item, he's stuck with it for the remainder of the stock.
      • Explosives: A standard explosive projectile like Snake's Hand Grenades. They can hurt Henry.
      • NrG Drink: When drunk, Henry gains immense attack power and resistance. However, this can only be used once per stock, meaning that once it's used, Henry has no Neutral Special until the next stock.
      • Gun: Pretty much Joker's Gun - Less damage than the explosives, but more reliable.
      • Stickmin Punch: When used, Henry performs his specialized version of the Falcon Punch.
  • Forward Special: Scooter
    • Henry rides forwards on his personalized scooter, being able to damage opponents he hits and turn around as he pleases.
  • Back Special: Grapple Gun
    • Henry uses the Grapple Gun for a long-range grab. After grabbing an opponent, he can throw them forwards or backwards.
  • Up Special: Jetpack
    • Henry bursts into the air with the use of a jetpack. It doesn't cover too much distance, but has a deceptively strong hitbox.
  • Down Special: C4
    • Henry plants some C4 on the ground, which acts just like Snake's C4, including being able to hurt Henry.
  • Guard Special: The Diamond
    • Henry holds up the Diamond; It can reflect projectiles, but won't do anything against melee attacks.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • My Henry moveset wins by default.
  • Henry's bonus content will be a Card Booster Pack! More on that soon.
----
Job 212: Submit alternate costumes for Henry!
Please submit 8 or 16 alternate colors/costumes for Henry.

Job 213: Submit music for Toppat Tour!
Please submit six songs to be used on the Toppat Tour stage. You may use the Henry Stickmin tracks found on the Skeld.

FazDude

Smash Master
Henry Stickmin Alt Costumes:

• Default​
  • Ellie Hair​
  • Charles Headset​
  • Reginald’s Hat​
  • Right Hand Man’s Hat​
  • Hubert Galeforce’s Cap​
  • Dmitri’s Goatee​
Sorry for just catching onto this now, but you're missing an eighth costume.

Don't worry, though, you'll have time to submit one - I'm going to be extending yesterday's jobs through tomorrow, since nobody submitted for the music job yet and I'm going to be away from my computer tomorrow.

tl;dr: Both jobs will continue until either tomorrow night or Sunday morning.

Last edited:
Top Bottom