• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coming Soon: Nintendo Digital Event @ E3

Popi

Former EIC
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
PowpiPenguin

In just a few minutes, Nintendo's part of the E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) convention will start. This is the time of the year when all things related to gaming converge in one place. Regardless if they're confirmed appearances or rumors, the hype towards games at the event has been building up for quite some time.

Nintendo had previously declared that the Legend Of Zelda Wii U game will not make an appearance at this years E3. The decision to not show one of their potential big blockbusters baffled many due to them having to compete with Sony and Microsoft's big guns. What could Nintendo present that could be on the same level as Zelda?

Another rumor making rounds is the supposed announcement of a new Retro Studios title based on a tweet from their account. Whether it's Metroid Prime or a brand new IP is yet to be confirmed.

On the 3DS side, a new IP has been shown called "Blast Ball" that's a new take in goal based FPS. In the light of it being a surprise game at the Nintendo World Championships, Blast Ball has been well received. Today, Nintendo will most likely show more of it and other 3DS titles.

Nintendo has also announced that they will be showing more "3rd party partnerships" during the event. What this means is yet to be known.

Other potential titles that could be shown are Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Animal Crossing U, Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, SMT X FE and more!

To watch E3, you can tune in on YouTube, Twitch or IGN. Below is a chart showing all the timezones for the events at E3.

What new titles are you hyped for? Do you want to see new installments to classic franchises or do you want entirely new game concepts? Leave a message in the comments!

Popipenguin, the writer, is struggling to stay awake and cover the event due to it being 11PM in his country. Share the hype with him on Twitter.

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
...Metroid....

Edit: That was pure garbage. I love Nintendo, but that's a honest statement!
Edit 2: Overreaction ceased. It wasn't pure garbage! But I certainly expected more.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
hands down one of nintendo's worst e3 presentations.....

1 great game reveal(starfox), 2 decent game reveals(paper mario/mario and luigi crossover, and zelda 3DS) with the rest either all crap or things we already knew about.

technically i know we all knew about the starfox being in development, but it was so very early and nothing was shown, that this pretty much counts as a reveal anyway.

Last edited:

Abaasy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Abaasy
Xenoblade X anyone? They say it's massive... 5 times bigger than Xenoblade... and I thought Xenoblade was big. Though I'm sure not everyone here is an explorer.

Globe

I only care for waifus
I love Nintendo and all that, but this was very bad. We already knew what was coming out, but the 'new' games they've shown was just very bland and not exciting at all.

exception of the crossover mario rpg game, but that is really it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Good to see I wasn't the only one underwhelmed with the presentation lol. No F-Zero, Golden Sun, or Advance Wars was a let down. I would have really preferred to see the Smash character reveals in the Digital Event to make it more interesting.

Mario Tennis for Wii U is really hype though.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
This Nintendo Direct was beyond disappointing. I'm still happy for Mario Maker, Yarn Yoshi, Fire Emblem Fate, Shin MegamiXFire Emblem, and Yoshi's Wooly World. Seeing the new Star Fox in action and the paper mario RPG was the only thing that really had me excited but everything else just so boring. That Metroid game feels like a bigger stab in the back than what Team Ninja did to Samus's character.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
I missed the whole thing and I really don't feel bad about it. Caught the Treehouse w/ SFZ and felt like I saw all that was important about Nintendo @ E3. Really disappointed at the lack of content, especially with Sm4sh being apparently removed entirely from E3 and delegated solely to Sakurai's stream.

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
Everything shown was nice. But that's the problem - it was just nice. Nothing special... just nice.

Not even Star Fox Zero could carry this carcass of an E3 presentation. You can do better than this, Nintendo!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, overall the Nintendo Digital Event was..not bad.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
the worst nintendo e3 "digital or conference" EVER.
and i am one of the biggest nintendo fan EVER.
ouch..

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I was really hoping for another large-scale Mario adventure game, like Galaxy 1 and 2, Sunshine, 64... You know, something every other Nintendo platform has had in their library since its inception. I'm sure we'll probably get one eventually, but it just feels long overdue by now (and no, 3D World doesn't count).

Oh yeah, also disappointing about Metroid as well.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
That Metroid game made me cringe man. That's not what we asked for and they know it.

Nonetheless, no real hype for the presentation, but I will probably be buying most all the games shown that has to count for something.

The Nintendo World Championships were AWESOME though.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yes, I would have to agree; this direct was unfortunately disappointing. They overextended on Mario Maker too much (I know it is Mario's 30th anniversary, but it gets a bit repetitive after a while when people want to see new content rather than the same thing mentioned over and over and over again). And while the Smash Bros Direct from yesterday and Paper Jam from today were both things that did excite me, those were the only good parts about Nintendo's content this year, I'm afraid to say. Perhaps next year will be better for Nintendo.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
;/
Well, this year's direct was kinda bad. Sure, Fire Emblem stuff looked hype, but that's about it.
We couldn't even get a new Pokemon? Kirby? DK? Come on...

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
This is going to sound negative, but eh:

This was... Awful? I love Nintendo, but I'm afraid that they really **** the bed here, IMO. Reggie talked about how Nintendo is evolving with the times, and then proceeds to show us over half of the event as Mario Maker stuff. Come on Nintendo... You're worth more than that.

Star Fox was pretty hype, but that was it, really. I don't think I'm alone in saying that the climax of the event ended near the beginning (Star Fox).

Overall, I think that was probably the worst Nintendo E3 presentation I've seen, and I still stand by the notion that not discussing Zelda Wii U at all was a big mistake. Sure, we get that it's not done yet, but I think we'd love to see progress of any kind I'd say; I know I would have.

Lastly, euugghh? What was that "Metroid" supposed to be? Lol

As for a positive, it was nice to see a snippet more of Xenoblade Chronicles X. Too bad it's coming out so late, however.

Last edited:

ParanoidAndroid

Smash Cadet
No new projects for the Wii U (large scale stuff not Mario Tennis type games). Everything they showed for the U we have known about. Hopefully that means the NX (whatever the heck it is) will have a killer line up then when it's launched, otherwise it will be a tough sale for me.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
All the news Smash Bros things, the World Championships, Star Fox gameplay, release dates for huge titles, new Zelda multiplayer and a cross over Mario RPG?

Seemed like a pretty good E3 to me, plus what other company updates gamers throughout the year nearly as much as Nintendo.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Man, that Metroid game has to be the biggest disappointment since... hmmm. I'm actually trying to think of something more disappointing, but nothing comes to mind.

Last edited:

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
So... 5 years, and that's the only Metroid we get? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we got something at all, and it doesn't look half bad, but really now? No proper console game? Just a spin-off?

Yong Dekonk

Smash Apprentice
I'm disappointed that Starfox will have the player looking at the game pad for everything while the tv is just "cinematic." This was a major problem with Kirby and the Rainbow Curse as well. Overall, Nintendo is pushing games that should be minor games to their fans as major games. Mario maker is fine but it's not a game that generates a lot of hype. Same with that stupid Yoshi game.

Nintendo proves time and time again that they are out of touch with their fans.

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
I really regret buying the wii u, how the **** is nintendo already planning on making the next console when there are almost no good games for the wii u. I really miss the good old days back in 1998-2010. I also hope the new paper mario doesn't turn out to be another sticker star, I'm still waiting for the next actual paper mario rpg based game.

Last edited:

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Sure the E3 conference was **** but a wise man once told me that Nintendo is like Jesus, they may die but they will always come back!

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
A lot of salty people here, but I'm not surprised. It did kinda fell short to what they have, but I don't think they have much to juice to keep the hype train going. Hell, most of the surprise was from Sunday. And it's hard to really juice out the same hype like it, especially when it was spoiled months ago. Still, seeing a Starfox 64 remake with SF2 bits doesn't sound too bad. So could've been better, but keeping expectations low keep it reasonable to me.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I'll admit this was disappointing but I can't say I was expecting anything real grand in scale. Either way the opening had me laughing sooo hard, Star Fox 0 looks solid, Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi crossover was a cool idea I never thought would be real, and lets not forget Super Mario Maker/Xenoblade X release dates.

Top Bottom