• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coming Soon: Nintendo Digital Event @ E3

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
I must say I can understand the disappointment from this E3 presentation.

My own opinions:

-Star Fox looks cool, looking forward to it.
-No interest in Skylanders.
-Too much 3DS stuff and not enough new Wii U stuff (I'm mostly a console gamer, so this is a big let down for me. Plus, Wii U needs as much support as it can get. 3DS, not so much.)
-Even as a 3DS player though, Zelda: Triforce Heroes is something I'm not interested in.
Can't believe they slapped the Metroid name on that Federation Force game. What the...
-Fire Emblem Fates is cool but nothing new there (looks like no Fire Emblem for Wii U is in the future).
-Glad to see Xenoblade Wii U releasing this year.
-Yoshi's Wooly World is cool but nothing new there.
-Mario Tennis is cool I suppose, but how many people are actually wanting another game in the series?

Nothing mentioned about Retro Studios is a major disappointment, for sure.

Oh well.

D

Deleted member

That was awful. The only new things looking half decent here were Sticker Star 2 and LoZ: Three Swords Adventures.

Rest were old news with disappointing release dates and meh new titles with no release dates.

The new Smash stuff was the only awesome thing, and that wasn't even a part of the digital event.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Nintendo's E3 was really bad this year. Star Fox was the only E3 worthy entry in E3 and a surprising announcement from Mario & Luigi X Paper Mario.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
...... That metroid game looks like absolute ****.

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
How can anyone put Metroid in the title of that game...

and live with themselves afterwards?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It's name is Metroid PRIME Federation Forge. Like, what were they even thinking? It's a completely different feel from every other Metroid Prime game ever. Man, I am just so disappointed... Metroid's Sci-Fi universe and its less-cartoon-theme orientation is something I love about the series. I would've been absolutely fine if they had presented this as a side project next to a console Metroid game release, hell I would've welcomed it! But this...

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
...I can't even comprehend how disappointing that was.What's up with Smash,the main reason we're all here in the first place,being omitted?Everything was out days ago?
No.
Try harder.
OK,let's review.

The puppet gimmick was actually a positive,especially since it was for Star Fox.

Star Fox Zero,while fun,did we really need ANOTHER non-canon Star Fox game?Great.Now we'll never know which ending of Command,if any,is the true one for another ridiculously long amount of years.

:4dk:and:4bowser:for Skylanders:people still give a crap about Skylanders?I never cared from the get-go.

Zelda Triforce Heroes & Hyrule Warriors Legends:Seems fun,if you're a Zelda fan,that is,which I am not.(Yet I main:4ganondorf:for some reason.Slammin' & jammin'.)Is everything going to become X-for Wii U & 3DS now?Hope not.

Metroid Prime Federation Force and Blast Ball:Quick question:WHERE IS SAMUS?Y'KNOW,THE MAIN HERO OF METROID?WHAT ARE THESE GENERIC SPACE SOLDIERS DOING IN PLACE OF SAMUS ARAN?...I can't even with this game.

Fire Emblem Fates:Again,never really cared too much for Fire Emblem.Alternate paths thing does seem cool,though.

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem:My friend loves FE,and he can't even with this game.If it's truly FE,where's:4marth:,:4myfriends:,:4feroy:,:4lucina:,:4robinm:,Chrom,Hector,Anna,Lyn,Tharja,everyone else I'm too lazy to look up?Are they making their own characters?
I've seen enough stuff in my life to know when you leave your creations in other's hands,they go crazy with creating their own characters and other things.

Xenoblade Chronicles X:I've asked before:What does this have in realation to the first Xenoblade to even call this a XenoBLADE game?Can't have Xeno without blade(like you can't have a rainbow without Reyn,baby.)What timeline is this?Where is:4shulk:,Fiora,Dunban,Reyn,Melia,Sharla,Riki,Metal Face,and everybody else I actually know from the game?And then there's the possibility of if there's ever another Smash,it makes me think someone from this game will replace Shulk.If keeping Shulk means no new games,I'll accept.(If Sakurai does drop out,it'll mean no more worrying about losing your favorite characters.)

Animal Crossing-Happy Home desingner:Only fun if you like designer games,that which I don't really.Platform,free movement,and free-roam is my type.

Animal Crossing-Amiibo Festival:Basically Mario Party,minus some of the RNG.Still what a party game is,though-a non-competitive,unbalanced chance fest.

Yoshi's Woolly World:This game has been shown at E3 how many years?It looked complete last year,but no,it's gotta get held off until October.Why?Still looks fun,though.

Yo-Kai Watch:I can't...It's your average run-of-the-mill Japanese furry battle game,sing a new song,will ya?The guy that says "Summoning...(insert thing's name here)" sounds like either Xander Mobus or Professor Membrane.
This guy.

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam:probably one of the only exciting things this E3,I never saw this one coming.Blending the M&L and Paper Mario worlds together looks like it'll lead to some cool results.If only Paper Luigi was there.

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash:Mega Mushrooms are the gimmick here?They had their time to shine in NSMB and still show up,but that game they were brand new.Never really been a fan of Mario Tennis in general,so...

Mario Maker:This one looks fun,and I never expected that idea with amiibo coming in to play like Mario,but did it really have to be pretty much the whole focus?I know it's my boy:4mario:'s 30th anniversary,but let somebody else shine,like,uh...
?

And...that's it.No Wolf,no Zelda U,no Samus in new Metroid,no answer to Command's many endings,no nothing.

Nintendo disappointed me,something that shouldn't happen when I'm talking about Nintendo.

I know You guys at nintendo have got what it takes.Do better next year!

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I loved the Direct still. Gotta remember that Nintendo has already delivered prior to this with NWC 2015, other directs not too long ago, and prior announcements. Starfox was amazing. The only thing I don't like is not getting a Metroid game for WiiU.

Top Bottom