• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comedic: The worst thing that could happen in SSB4

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sakurai removes all the characters and replaces them all with Miis (like Mario party tried to do with Mii party for a while).

Insom

Smash Apprentice
Swim tripping, air tripping, roll tripping, stand tripping, fall tripping, attack tripping...

The next game will be tripping.
Trip Tripping

Your character lies on the ground and says "Help I've fallen and I can't get up!" and you rapidly mash A until they press the Lifecall button and wait half an hour for an ambulance to show up. During this period the other players can kill you in a variety of ways. Like Dogpiling on you, or injecting you to induce a coma, or Wario farting in your face.

D

Deleted member

Stages have durability. Just like Skyworld. But once the stage is destroyed, there's no floors nor platforms to stand on. Characters will fall towards bottom blast line constantly.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Trip Tripping

Your character lies on the ground and says "Help I've fallen and I can't get up!" and you rapidly mash A until they press the Lifecall button and wait half an hour for an ambulance to show up.
I can see the adds now.

"All Captain Falcons must. have. Smash Alert. HYES!"

If this does happen, I expect someone to make that, immediately.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This is the final roster, reflecting on the change of direction Sakurai mentioned:

TundraZer0

Smash Rookie
-Items are always on very high, but the only item that drops is the squeaky golden hammer.

-When you trip, you have a chance to break your legs, causing you to crawl the rest of the match.

-During a middle of a fight, you can have random encounters, halting the battle and you have to play the coin-game from brawl for 15 minutes.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
-Items are always on very high, but the only item that drops is the squeaky golden hammer.

-When you trip, you have a chance to break your legs, causing you to crawl the rest of the match.

-During a middle of a fight, you can have random encounters, halting the battle and you have to play the coin-game from brawl for 15 minutes.
This guys last paragraph.

Snu?

Smash Rookie
The game is purposely made with the intention of alienating the competitive Smash community and long-time fans of the series. OH WAIT!

Trollolololo-lololo-lololo :troll:

Vinnyt

Smash Rookie
1. There's 600 trophies. All are models ripped directly from the game itself. (aka you got the Grass_Block_042 Trophy!)

2. The coin launcher now has to be played to unlock any character.

3. Or you can play the new adventure mode, with all the characters being ready to go and unlocked in 10 minutes of gameplay

4. Stickers now must be pasted permanently onto the character model itself, it will never disappear even if you wipe your Wii U.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The games gets delayed and ends up getting 2/3 re-confirmed release dates...ow wait..thats gonna actually happen..meh..probly for the better of the game though...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The game is so poorly designed that it causes tremendous amounts of memory leaks that eventually pushes the consoles to their limits causing them to explode due to overheat.

D

Deleted member

The amount of characters is the same of Brawl but more than the half of the old ones has been cutted to make room for the new ones.
You kidding?

That'd be a good thing!

That means Super Smash Bros. Slugfest/Riot is going to be a reboot, and all the vets also have a shot at being redone. Not to mention it would remove tired cliche characters that really shouldn't be in anymore, like Jiggs, Falco and Sheik. Gving a lot of room for many interesting newcomers and keeping the series fresh for future installments as people will anticipate character returns as well as newcomers.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
That creepy floating head from Brain Age becomes a character.

Sakurai takes the Year of Luigi too far and makes him the next MK.

Tripping only happens on non-gimmicky stages to drive the hardcore community out of Smash.

Groose is not an Assist Trophy.

Smash 4 is cancelled because Megaman was in development as a character.

Every song is techno.

Waluigi is S tier.

Hades is not an Assist Trophy.

Spectator Mode still does not show live matches.

Every Kirby copy ability has the sound of the R.O.B one.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
How about Sakurai replacing every character with himself with different costumes on?

210stuna

Smash Lord
Namco: Bandai focuses so heavily on a good 1 player storyline that everything plays out like a soap opera and the multiplayer becomes the shallow part.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai feels bad after eating a bad lunch and vomits on the only copy of the game, wrecking it beyond repair.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You kidding?

That'd be a good thing!

That means Super Smash Bros. Slugfest/Riot is going to be a reboot, and all the vets also have a shot at being redone. Not to mention it would remove tired cliche characters that really shouldn't be in anymore, like Jiggs, Falco and Sheik. Gving a lot of room for many interesting newcomers and keeping the series fresh for future installments as people will anticipate character returns as well as newcomers.
IMO no-one should be cut and ESPECIALLY not jiggs if somebody has to, for many many reasons.

But eh, i'm not quite up to making a long-winded argument right now and it is only my opinion.

As it happens, advocating for Sheik's removal reminds me of Diddy Kong. Oh man, the arguments in the old thread....

*nostalgic*

The game is purposely made with the intention of alienating the competitive Smash community and long-time fans of the series. OH WAIT!

Trollolololo-lololo-lololo :troll:
Do you have to take snide shots at Brawl? There's already a bunch of useless, silly arguments on that as it is... -_-

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Nintendo puts the series not featured in Smash as a represented franchise to sleep and will put all their production on ones that were in Smash Bros.

There'll be more Assist Trophies mocking the characters themselves (Starfy-likes).

More mistranslations and wierd portrayal of characters (sometimes memetic, see "Ike fights for his friends and gives sympathy to none. Except Soren")

Sakurai puts too much "own ideas" on characters or portrays them biasedly (more characters represented in a way fans will be mixed with).

More redundant moves on characters (Pit's and Charizard's Side B comes to mind).

Kid Icarus gets all sorts of spotlight, eating up more production time and value put into the content about it.

More gameplay-restricting or pointless additions to make the game more of "anti-fighter party game" like stamina, more emphasis on items, having any kind of above-average skill penalizes you, game favours ones who can't play well more than experienced ones.

Slow gameplay which centers only on racking up damage and then knocking out the foe in any random way. No combos, playstyles and so on.

More nerfed moves.

More capitalization and flanderization on Smash Bros and it's success, and all of it's tropes around (Jigg's Rest sucks in Brawl yet it seems Sakurai loves to speak about it a lot as seen in Dojo and Snake's codec.)

People who see the flaws of the game are hated on and the game will spawn more "dumb" Nintendo-fans because they are sucked too much in to game's "greatness" and misinformation.

None of the characters I'm supporting gets in.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Tripping is the only factor that I dislike in brawl, it literally can cost you a match if you trip in a wrong moment.

Let's take an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBLOexDV-rU
This is the Grand Finals of Apex 2012, Otori vs Nietono.
Notice the first game, it was mostly going for Nietono with Otori camping the ledge. At minute 9:47 Nietono trips, Otori gets in there, played with Nietono in the air, and won the match.
In my perspective, it was a game won by Nietono. However, the trip right there costed him one of the most important matches of his life.
Trips can be present in Smash4, but trips should be caused by items or by a specific obstacle in a stage. It should not happen through random dashing/turning around.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Too many third party characters (especially shadow. Please don't)
No fire emblem newcomers
No cuts AT ALL (need room for new people)
Brings back young link and toon link
Adds characters that are essenially the same such as yarn Kirby or beanie baby yoshi
Doesn't balance final smashes
Doesn't declone clones even a little bit
Adds waluigi to have a rival for wario
Doesn't bring back hyrule temple (not a make or break, but hyrule temple is too awesome to pass up)
Tripping (duh)
Doesn't represent paper mario through character or stage.

D

Deleted member

Different Classic mode boss. In other words, a boss that is not Master Hand.

Wii U has incidents similar to Xbox 360's Red Circle of Death.

Break the Targets is removed.

No training mode.

The whole playable cast is male. No female characters.

No ranking system.

Whole cast becomes chibi like.

Every item becomes a dud. Like squeky golden hammer and broken hammer.

Characters can have bone fractures which disables certain movements.

Sakurai receives Cease & Desist just like what happened to MLP fighting is magic.

Whole cast is hunchbacked and deformed.

New special melee mode consist of reversed controls and A button is for special attacks.

Rickroll/Never Gonna Give You Up becomes one of the tracks in the game.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
In an attempt to make the game suitable for all audiences, Sakurai removes the fighting aspect of the game and replaces it with a game about Nintendo All-Stars at data entry jobs.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Hmmmm yh...it kinda would man...
I live in a community that is scare in Super Smash competition, which was a main reason for me to quit the game for 15+ months. I got back to it a year ago when I found out that two of my friends play the game.

If there was a good online connecting and ranking systems for Brawl, I wouldn't have quit the game for 15+ months.

Top Bottom