• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data COME AHWN - Captain Falcon MU Thread

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Like what character to discuss matchup wise against Falcon? I ask because I am relatively new to writing on discussion forums.

If that is the case, maybe Rosalina vs Falcon (civil war grand finals MU).
Well, generally, this is a place where Captain Falcon mains discuss and debate the match-ups against other characters, and I don't think you're a CF main (as evidenced by the icons on who you main).

Everybody is just gone...I think that I'm the only one who is consistently coming here. (And that isn't even that consistent because I don't get on Smashboards all the time.)

Edit: Looking back through the thread, it looks like we were in the middle of the Sonic/Falcon MU.

What have we come to so far? It looks like it was going towards either 50/50 or something like 40/60 in Sonic's favor...

If anyone still looks at this thread, please help revive it... :skull:

Last edited:

Safelg123

Smash Cadet
nah i think it's in sonic's favor and i'm getting active idk what are you talking about lol

Shamsy

FIST OF JUSTICE
NNID
Shamsy92
YO.

Okay so Falcon-Sonic is 45-55 Sonics favor BUT it's totally doable.

COUPLE GOOD THINGS TO DO:

- PP Jab/Pivot F-tilt when you're running away. JAB AT LEDGE when he's thinking about options.

- YOU MUST PIVOT GRAB HIS AUTO CANCELLED DAIR LANDING.

- Make him respect your ledge coverage at higher heights, you want him going LOW where you can D-tilt his recovery or rise with Falcon dive to FURTHER push him off stage to set up for Dair.

COUPLE BAD THINGS YOU DON'T WANT TO DO:

- Don't dash attack more than a couple times. Seriously if you give him a free shield grab you'll end up in such a bad spot you'll get a lot of %. Condition with grab attempts FIRST.

- If you land a grab below 10% DON'T TRY TO UP AIR. Just dash attack. If higher % DON'T GET GREEDY GET 1 UP AIR AND RESET NEUTRAL.

- That little ****boi can Fsmash our recovery. YOU HAVE TO FADE AWAY. Don't predictably go for ledge.

There's more to it but this is just **** I'm throwing out there from my experience vs our 3rd PR player against me (7th).

Last edited:

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
Well, generally, this is a place where Captain Falcon mains discuss and debate the match-ups against other characters, and I don't think you're a CF main (as evidenced by the icons on who you main).

Everybody is just gone...I think that I'm the only one who is consistently coming here. (And that isn't even that consistent because I don't get on Smashboards all the time.)

Edit: Looking back through the thread, it looks like we were in the middle of the Sonic/Falcon MU.

What have we come to so far? It looks like it was going towards either 50/50 or something like 40/60 in Sonic's favor...

If anyone still looks at this thread, please help revive it... :skull:
I do main Falcon. He is my 3rd main next to Mac and Villager.

I'd say it's a 30/70 MU in Sonic's favor. He has the speed to out space Falcon as well as plenty safe attacks in his arsenal which are able to avoid Falcon's most essential damage racking tool, his grab.

Last edited:

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Alright, I've called the guys over at the sonic thread.

Also: as always, We seem to get combo'd hard by sonic...
And I think our jab beats out spin dash...doesn't it?

Edit: So, apparently this thread already discussed the Sonic Match-up...what now?

should we continue discussing current sonic? (they were discussing sonic before some patches) Should we move on to a new character?

Last edited:

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech

Edit: So, apparently this thread already discussed the Sonic Match-up...
Sometimes. Even Mac's infinite frame-1's don't always beat Sonic's spin dash. I'd say based on experience, with frame-1 infinites, you have a 50/50 chance of beating the spin dash. The chances are more slim in Falcon's case since his jabs come out 1 frame later (frame 2) but it is possible to intercept Sonic's spin dash as Falcon. I've done it multiple times.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Sometimes. Even Mac's infinite frame-1's don't always beat Sonic's spin dash. I'd say based on experience, with frame-1 infinites, you have a 50/50 chance of beating the spin dash. The chances are more slim in Falcon's case since his jabs come out 1 frame later (frame 2) but it is possible to intercept Sonic's spin dash as Falcon. I've done it multiple times.
What I want to know is what exactly determines whether or not you beat Spin Dash...

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech

Edit: So, apparently this thread already discussed the Sonic Match-up...what now?

should we continue discussing current sonic? (they were discussing sonic before some patches) Should we move on to a new character?
I actually looked into this yesturday on FG as both Mac and Falcon. It turns out your chances of beating spin dash with jabs increase significantly the closer you are to Sonic. On top of that, I stayed at a relatively close distance from him when he was charging the dash and I'm pretty sure I beat his spin dash with my jabs (both as Falcon and Mac) every time.

Last edited:

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
I don't think I have much to say on this anymore...I don't know Sonic very much... (partly because I hate him so I don't play him).

Does anyone else have any thoughts on Sonic?

Top Bottom