• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combos & Stratagies

Da illest

Banned via Administration
I'm trying to get better and learn new techniques with Luigi and Samus. So anyone has anything that can be helpful with samus and with luigi if u can. THNX IN AdVance PEAAAAACE!

Shade_

Smash Ace
For samus, CC alot and respond with down smash, and for comboestry normall A on the ground, and then while still attacking either press up or down to do the tilt attacks immediately after that. It is helpfull at low percentages.

Don't know much about luigi.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
we um actualy read stickied threads. WE are off learning how to play better charaters. You on the other hand are off make stupid posts like "luigi for president" and not knowing how to play your characters well. I could give you advice and stuff like that but you havent made the effort to become good on your own.

Da illest

I know everything i need to know , its just that everyone has there own style that works and i wuz curious cuz i thought i knew everything about luigi but then someone told me something that i never used and figured out i should just ask around and improve luigi and samus.

Dont dis me dawg ill verbally abuse u.
Im out!!!!!!!!!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
man... kids today...

If you know everything you need to why are you hear? Huh, whats that? To learn you say? Okay a tip, tp learn you need to listen don't let your ego get all in the way. No one wants to help a kid who "knows everything".

P.S.
Verbal abuse = ban...

dostovei15

Smash Apprentice
my fav combo with samus is a PoR folled by some nairs to knock em off stage, i usually can ff to get a third nair in before they recover, but only on fast falleing characters

Aslo this is at low % at high % they get knocked to far away. But if ur good a edgeguarding thats all u need to do...

Da illest

What i wuz saying is i thought i knew everything but then i watch someon else fight and they have a completley differnt stratagie and thats why im asking eveyrone now. Yea i know grab combos r good but i could never grab anyone with samus.

Let them bann me , every other topic of mine im verbually ****** someone.

Who is NEXT?

Smash Rookie
strategies

Use the dual missle jump when they are out side the arena is really works if you dont know how to do the dual missle jump ill show you my vid of it

holla bac

stargirl

Smash Apprentice
Echoist said:
My fav combo with Samus: Grab, throw down, F-smash. =D
Lol, newb combo :laugh: Wavedash + fsmash or f-tilt is more effective :) I always up throw with Samus unless I have a charged charge shot.

v3gas

Smash Apprentice
If u play with Samus using of wavedash in combination with crouch cancel and R down is very important.
Then if the enemy attacks just do a C down!
The best way to edgeguard is to use the up tilt and shooting missles. Bomb spike is also usefull.
If the enemy do shield, attack with down b, then u bombjump and can attack the enemy with a cancelled nair, fair or dair. Then do immediatly a sex kick, c down or down tilt.
U also can wavedash in front of the enemy, do one or two sex kick or a forward tilt and then wavedash back or behind the enemy and charge smash.
Up throwing is useful against fast fallers, because u can attack with uair or nair.
And one thing more: Spam dash attacks!!!!

I want so say much more, but my english is VERY bad.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
lol your right your english isnt great. But thats ok we should start a club for those of us who use bad enlglish. You can be the president and I will be the VP. But to stay on topic (even though this is a really broad topic) um try to hit your opponent more than they hit you. IF that doesnt work try to kill them.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
v3gas, your English is better than several people on this site that I can think of just off the top of my head. I've heard English is taught in German schools from like kindergarten through eighth grade, or whatever it is over there. Anyway, back on topic.

You're right, cccing is very useful for Samus, her ccing is rock solid. Dtilt or dsmash, then ftilt or fsmash if they didn't get too much knockback. If they flew too far too fast, then just follow up with whatever. Maybe projs, what a novel idea for Samus.

Degreez

Smash Journeyman
Da illest said:
I know everything i need to know , its just that everyone has there own style that works and i wuz curious cuz i thought i knew everything about luigi but then someone told me something that i never used and figured out i should just ask around and improve luigi and samus.

Dont dis me dawg ill verbally abuse u.
Im out!!!!!!!!!
Laugh, I'd destroy you with the ic's.... don't come here asking for help and then insulting someone that tries to help. Don't be cocky, especially if you are seeking help.

Agent Seta

Smash Rookie
v3gas said:
I want so say much more, but my english is VERY bad.
Actually, your English is pretty good. It is, in fact, much better than "Da illest" who has a grammatical error and a misspelling in his name alone.

Da illest

HAHahahaha setra that wuz funny. What a comedian this ***** iz. Yo take that weak shiz out my post.
Some of u r not reading the full post before u join in .The people i cursed out wuz people dissin the way i type which i really could give to shi7 about. And worst part is these ****** think they funny wit there baby jokes.

Well anywayz my reason for this topic was i wanted to learn things i might have not known and i have learned thnx to some of u. PEEEEEEEEACE!

sprky

Smash Rookie
making fun of the way you talk you say? well maybe if you spoke with decent english that wouldn't happen. and if you THINK you know everything, then there should be a reason why you're here in the first place. there's tweo ways you can ask a question: be polite, or you can be a prick. But what goes around, comes around

an another note, swd is very helpful, becuase often the oppenent won't see it coming, putting them off gaurd

Da illest

Dam before yall ****** respond u gotta read my ****, they commin at me for the way i talk so my instinct is to brutaliate . Lmfao and who says prick these days. Anyways i didnt say i know everything, read my **** i said i thought i knew everything and this is the reason i made this ****ing post.Well anyways forget it i found out stuff from rescent post.

forbausende

Smash Rookie
My favorite combo with Samus is:
1. have your gun charged
2. down A
3. right before they land, down smash
4. right before they land, right or left smash
5. when they are in the area you want them, fire your charge
6. fire a few missles to confuse them if they're off the stage
7. follow them off and down smash them off the stage
that usually gets me an auto kill and depending on the amount of missles that hit them, a good 100% damage if you hit them with the charge

The Bino

Smash Lord
forbausende said:
My favorite combo with Samus is:
1. have your gun charged
2. down A
3. right before they land, down smash
4. right before they land, right or left smash
5. when they are in the area you want them, fire your charge
6. fire a few missles to confuse them if they're off the stage
7. follow them off and down smash them off the stage
that usually gets me an auto kill and depending on the amount of missles that hit them, a good 100% damage if you hit them with the charge

do the people you fight not use L-canceling when they are coming down cuz that just sounds too easy

walk skyluker

Smash Rookie
co_and_me said:
try to hit your opponent more than they hit you. IF that doesnt work try to kill them.
i have to agree with you. That is the best way to win. Besides that, i like standing on the edge and waiting for them to come. When they come if they run just grab, if they jump then shield grab. Then i throw them towards the edge and D air them and grapple back on the edge if nessasiary. Sometimes i don't hit them with the D air, but if i do i kills them. Good tactic or not?

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
barbino that combo actually can work on fastfallers as pathetic as it seems. if they have ****ty DI, then they will be juggled by dtilt and dsmash and into fsmash if you want if you can get lucky enough for the setup. and yes, anyone can continue into chargeshot lol but then when it comes to the downhit spike i doubt it its not only unncessary but probably not gonnna work unless they dont know what htey are doing.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
StuperDuperMan said:
barbino that combo actually can work on fastfallers as pathetic as it seems. if they don't have a control stick then they will be juggled by dtilt and dsmash and into fsmash if you want if you can get lucky enough for the setup.
Edited for "correctness".

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
At zero percent that wouldn't work on falco, on higher percents you'd have to run after the dsmash to get the Fsmash to connect.

it wasn't a personal attack, but I don't think you took it as one.

I never really concidered samus much of a combo character, mine is too slow to combo most characters, well save link and gdorf. most of her attacks are either to slow or just have too much knock back.

the fair sets up well for other attacks the same can be said for good bomb usage, but even these arn't really combo starters IMO.

Femme Fetal has a few good combos in it and dyna's Samus is very technical and speedy. Probablly better than mine. If you want to see combos look that up.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
not you <3 but the deal more damage and try to kill them strategy. Thats my best way to win a hard match up.

Samus of N-world

Smash Rookie
oh yeah. i cant tell you all my secret moves, heh heh.
but one does have to do with wave dashing and down smashing... :laugh:

Top Bottom