• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo vid teaser "Olimar is ****ing Cool as ****"

Weruop

Smash Ace
hi andy! nice video. looks like its coming along great. nice quality and everythang. cant wait too see it. u should check mine out too this summer. cool music 2.

: D u should feature me. lol.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Andy's Olimar makes me want to rip off my clothes, smoother my breasts with mollases and run along a field of the most beautiful flowers you've ever seen. Yea....yea....thats it....thats how it is.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol^_^, nice video! I'm kinda skeptical of the charged upsmashes though. keep up the good work!

Rocann

Smash Lord
people always just airdodge too soon, and that's basically it. huge power KO move with purple pikmin at low percents, predict a roll or an early airdodge and you win yourself the game early in. it's too late to wise up when they're already down a stock

also, if they airdodge at the right time, they'll hit the ground during the airdodge and be open for a split second for a sweetspot usmash (see last combo) so people need to be coming down attacking or they're going right back up, and usually people don't come down attacking on someone in this game, so it's usually a guaranteed kill at least once. P.S. if I ever play you, you have to forget what you just read

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
haha^ I guess I should try that...I'm not all about risk/reward though. I like to be very cautious and do the "safe" thing.

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
very nice vid i played okin & that ROB player b4 on GB they are extremly good, Okin lucas is the best ive played thou.

and i totally agree with u people on GB is completly lagless i have yet to play somebody with lag

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry to kind of be a hater, but most of those Olimar combos are so routine they get pulled off in every match. And most of them only get prolonged into an additional fair by bad DI. The spikes were good though.

Rocann

Smash Lord
I'm sorry to kind of be a hater, but most of those Olimar combos are so routine they get pulled off in every match. And most of them only get prolonged into an additional fair by bad DI. The spikes were good though.
critique me, please, but do not say that you put on 70-90% in 3-5 seconds ending with a KO without getting hit every single match you play against top players, which all of the olimar clips happened to do. If anyone could do that, snake would be the least of our problems

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
All the names in that video are well acclaimed. They don't DI bad, or they don't suck and fall for mundane crap that people throw out like crazy. These combos are basically Andy outsmarting them and even 0-deathing them. The accuracy of his spikes aren't even slightly as impressive as the mindgames he pulls off.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
honestly...i was expecting more...you are good, that's a given...but I didn't see anything that was really new or "scary good"...however, I'm sure the final copy would be really good.

BTW - my opinion on your opponents means nothing...for two reasons.

1) this is brawl - unlike melee - the "top" players in the world are all really close together now...simply spiking m2k in melee was enough to prove that you were awesome. That's not the case anymore.
2) I'm more curious what your combos that you pull off are. I may be the minority here, but I don't watch combo videos to see if you are a good olly player. With this character...its usually better to be safe, I watch combo videos to be entertained.

Just be cautious on describing your merit in the skills of others. Put up good combos...people are always going to say that your opponent made a mistake. Whether people admit it or not, your opponent wouldn't have died if he would have played it correctly...that goes back to smash 64 :D.

-Shrink

asob4

Smash Champion
critique me, please, but do not say that you put on 70-90% in 3-5 seconds ending with a KO without getting hit every single match you play against top players, which all of the olimar clips happened to do. If anyone could do that, snake would be the least of our problems
haha i can, but sadly none are recorded =(
every game usually starts with me comboing my opponent to either 70 - death
i get it on snakes and DDD's a lot =D
oh and on really high caliber players as well
i get teba 0-80 every time we play
good **** though looks good
you actually play fast and try to combo unlike most people

Rocann

Smash Lord
honestly...i was expecting more...you are good, that's a given...but I didn't see anything that was really new or "scary good"...however, I'm sure the final copy would be really good.

1) this is brawl - unlike melee - the "top" players in the world are all really close together now...simply spiking m2k in melee was enough to prove that you were awesome. That's not the case anymore.
2) I'm more curious what your combos that you pull off are. I may be the minority here, but I don't watch combo videos to see if you are a good olly player. With this character...its usually better to be safe, I watch combo videos to be entertained.

Just be cautious on describing your merit in the skills of others. Put up good combos...people are always going to say that your opponent made a mistake. Whether people admit it or not, your opponent wouldn't have died if he would have played it correctly...that goes back to smash 64 :D.

-Shrink
I'm not even good. At all. And as far as being new or scary good, it's kinda hard to innovate with olimar, because you're right, you normally play safe. and everything you said about the vid and combos in general is completely true, like if your opponent had played perfectly he wouldn't have died. I agree with everything you said, I wouldn't try to pass myself off as good because of a montage, not in halo and not here. as long as it entertained you, and made you think 'the final one will be good' then it did its job. thanks for the feedback! THIS is how to do it people, not throwing out BS about how the stuff I do is every-match-antics.

Weruop

Smash Ace

-Shrink

wow, noy even a 'nice video. and saying u didnt see shockingly good is a horrible lie. did u see the combo on fatal? gosh ppl act wierd around here.

Rocann

Smash Lord
wow, noy even a 'nice video. and saying u didnt see shockingly good is a horrible lie. did u see the combo on fatal? gosh ppl act wierd around here.
I think what he means is, nothing took incredible technical skill (nothing with olimar really does) so you pretty much have to do something NEW for it to be amazing (which I didn't) so it's not really amazing skill-wise (it isn't.) but it was entertaining and that's all it's for, I'll win tournaments to show that I'm actually good, when I get a chance to go to some.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
I think what he means is, nothing took incredible technical skill (nothing with olimar really does) so you pretty much have to do something NEW for it to be amazing (which I didn't) so it's not really amazing skill-wise (it isn't.) but it was entertaining and that's all it's for, I'll win tournaments to show that I'm actually good, when I get a chance to go to some.
You know what...you could be the worst olly player ever (which you aren't) but it wouldn't matter...b/c its so rare to see someone who can articulate points well and be humble about how they play...you need to creep these forums more...people like you can actually make me post more often :D

Rocann

Smash Lord
You know what...you could be the worst olly player ever (which you aren't) but it wouldn't matter...b/c its so rare to see someone who can articulate points well and be humble about how they play...you need to creep these forums more...people like you can actually make me post more often :D
I'm honored :-p

and yeah I don't actually think I'm bad, I mean I've beaten a few top top players from the east coast on gamebattles wifi, but until I can go to a tournament, who cares?

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
I'm honored :-p

and yeah I don't actually think I'm bad, I mean I've beaten a few top top players from the east coast on gamebattles wifi, but until I can go to a tournament, who cares?
very very true...i'm excited b/c i'm finally into some tourneys with people who are incredibly good...its very exciting you know? I don't really know much about your tourney scene...but are you gonna try and get to some tourneys in the future?

Rocann

Smash Lord
very very true...i'm excited b/c i'm finally into some tourneys with people who are incredibly good...its very exciting you know? I don't really know much about your tourney scene...but are you gonna try and get to some tourneys in the future?
yeah, I am. I'm going to college 25 minutes away from philly by bus and I'll probably try and get into it as much as possible every weekend. never have been in any actual ones, but I've been fortunate enough to play people like cort, chillin, lambchops, diesuperfly, dj nintendo, just some great people, on close to lagless wifi in friendlies and I know I would have a shot at winning a lot of tournaments around NYC/Philly. the most exciting part is that I never played melee, so I'm getting so much better so fast it's ridiculous.

Top Bottom