• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colors make you play better/worse

JKJ

Smash Ace
I use regular old Falco.
And I use White Marth, so classy.
And I use Slightly-Brighter Falcon, or as I call him, Party Falcon.
I use regular Fox.
I love Bumblebee Ness, and Blue DK is the SH**.
Also. Golden Boy Golden Roy all the way. Champ status.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
I don't care anymore but would call my "serious mode" color pick my Sunday Best. Which is black DK, white marth, gold roy. Black sheik too, but I never played sheik.

Upke

Smash Journeyman
I use:
Sh*t-coloured Mario
Pink Luigi
Black Bowser
Pink Yoshi (And I used to use the M2K tag with it, calling him "Mew2King's Pocket Pink Yoshi" which eventually evolved into the MPPY tag)
Fabulous Falcon
Puple Ganon
Cyan Falco
Bumblebee Ness
Blue-grey Zelda (and B&W Sheik)
Green Hat Dunkachu
Yellow Mewtwo
White Marth
and I match G&W colour to his port background, except on third player.

Jayk

Smash Apprentice
Why is Lavender Link called lavender link?
Hes pretty much white...

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
it doesnt matter what ice climbers color u use cause they r soo damn cute. distract your opponents with cute sounds and animations. that being said i use green ice climbers cause green is the easiest color on your eyes, and might make a difference when playing for a long time.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's a well known fact that Donkey Kong of all characters is affected most by color choice. After much research and digging, I have uncovered the Legend of Blue DKs (phonetically 'deeks'):
Copied and pasted from Mexican's Thread:

Alright here is the 'Legend of Blue DKs (phonetically 'deeks') '. The Dk's are a graceful and peaceful race. They all live under Blue Dk's law for you see he is the strongest DKs. Why? His arms are stronger after years of underwater training, and as a result he can throw and monkey copter better than the rest of the DK's.

Red DK punches harder, Brown DK is just your average banana hunting chum, green dk is stoner/sickly dks, and the strangest one of all is Black Dks... the betrayer. You see, Betrayer DKs is the only one who can stand up to Blue Dk's... but only when the other kongs align behind him. One day the two went head to head, but in the end Blue Dk's BFDD (donkey punch/big floppy donkey ****) proved to be the mightiest. Since that day, Blue Dk's has continued his quest to find his bananas. So let it be known: Blue DK = Top tirez.
And so, there you have it. The Legend is here for you all to witness and learn from.
You may ask, "But Strong Bad! If Blue DK is the strongest DK, why do you use the second strongest DK, black?" The answer to that is quite simple. Back when all of the true, solo-DK players were first starting out, we all agreed that Blue DK would be too powerful for the community and that we wouldn't feel satisfied winning national after national with Blue DK, degenerating the metagame to the RPS for Blue DK in dittos in every Grand Finals. We all went our separate ways after that; myself and Phish-it chose Black, MEXICAN chose green, Bum and Nedech chose Brown, and Ripple chose Red. Only one of us was foolish enough to use Blue DK: PKM Vodka. He saw widespread success, and those not in the know about the legend obviously saw him as the best DK player because of Blue DK's prowess. After Genesis 1, however, he disappeared, and to this day, no one has seen him since. No one knows what truly happened, but speculation points to the possibility that the Ghost of Blue DK got to him for his crimes.

Riskbreaker

Smash Rookie
Handsome Falcon, White Marth, Purple Ganon, Mandarin Fox, I-want-to-sex-right-now Samus.

**** man, it's all about the swag.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
I agree. Recolors affect how you play.

For me, I use:
White/Green Lugi
Blue and Green, and sometimes Sexy Falcon
Blue Falco
Black Marth
Blue Doc
Brown or Blue Mario
Blue Ganon (makes no difference)
Princess Puff
Yeah, I like Blue

I definetley say I play better with the recolors I normally use

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
particularly with falcon and marth, it makes me think of certain players when i pick certain colors

like with black falcon i just wanna go nuts and never stop approaching
with green falcon i full hop a lot and dont fast fall and get random knees without trying to
with pink falcon i camp

with blue marth i fsmash smartly, and i feel like the smartest man
with white marth i only fsmash
with red marth i try to get cool combos and be offensive
with black marth i try to gimp

it is only with red ice climbers that i can truly be myself

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's a well known fact that Donkey Kong of all characters is affected most by color choice. After much research and digging, I have uncovered the Legend of Blue DKs (phonetically 'deeks'):

And so, there you have it. The Legend is here for you all to witness and learn from.
You may ask, "But Strong Bad! If Blue DK is the strongest DK, why do you use the second strongest DK, black?" The answer to that is quite simple. Back when all of the true, solo-DK players were first starting out, we all agreed that Blue DK would be too powerful for the community and that we wouldn't feel satisfied winning national after national with Blue DK, degenerating the metagame to the RPS for Blue DK in dittos in every Grand Finals. We all went our separate ways after that; myself and Phish-it chose Black, MEXICAN chose green, Bum and Nedech chose Brown, and Ripple chose Red. Only one of us was foolish enough to use Blue DK: PKM Vodka. He saw widespread success, and those not in the know about the legend obviously saw him as the best DK player because of Blue DK's prowess. After Genesis 1, however, he disappeared, and to this day, no one has seen him since. No one knows what truly happened, but speculation points to the possibility that the Ghost of Blue DK got to him for his crimes.
I pulled PKM inside the shadow realm, he cannot get out anymore. Such creatures aren't allowed to live in the mortal plane.

Insom

Smash Apprentice
with blue marth i fsmash smartly, and i feel like the smartest man
with white marth i only fsmash
with red marth i try to get cool combos and be offensive
with black marth i try to gimp
it is only with red ice climbers that i can truly be myself
How I use marth:
With Blue marth nair alot
With White marth camp
With Red marth I try to be Ken
With Black marth I try to be Mew2king
With Green marth all I do is Tip and Dair

Yagzathoth

Smash Rookie
Where I live, you won't need DI(Spokane, WA)
Neutral Shiek
Green Peach
Green Weegee
Blue Doc
Red Marth
And Blue Ganon
If I need to step my game up I go neutral color on whatever character I'm playing. Removes the distraction for me(more so the thought that "I'm a purple fox, lel" thought from my mind.

That sounds really stupid, but it helps, for some reason.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I think colors help lower skilled players a lot more because any thought processes just as he says; "I'm a purple Fox, I'll spam moves" would actually change the outcome of a match since the game understanding is not quite there yet.

Top Bottom