• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coloring My Fanart, anyone?

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Reupdated the wierd eye :laugh:

Ok
I need someone who's good at coloring fanarts. I posted this fanart somewhere else, but I can't really remember when and where :p

This fanart is pretty old. I will try to draw more Zelda later. And hopefully when she's in action. (Din's, Nayru's etc)

Any thoughts? And is there anyone good out there who can help me with this?
It would be greatly appreciated!

I'll PM the full resolution picture if anyone's interested.

:)

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
i kinda know my way around photoshop i can color it to an extent but im still learning. i thought you were able to color in photoshop since you did all those color alterations, but then again they are easy to learn(im being stupid i know). anyways i can do some shading but i still kinda suck at it.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
i kinda know my way around photoshop i can color it to an extent but im still learning. i thought you were able to color in photoshop since you did all those color alterations, but then again they are easy to learn(im being stupid i know). anyways i can do some shading but i still kinda suck at it.
Yeah same here. I can color it too, but not really in a professional way.:ohwell:

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
everything is ultra sweet and perfect.... except for the eyes. they are looking in different directions! XD

but seriously, awesome AWESOME everything else.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
well i hope you dont mind pappioll if i use your tread to get mine colored to i kinda want to see what it would look like colored so if anyone out there can help this is want mine looks like...oh and its still not done.

FrencheeFrisbee

Smash Rookie
everything is ultra sweet and perfect.... except for the eyes. they are looking in different directions! XD

but seriously, awesome AWESOME everything else.
I agree. Terrific sketch, but the eyes are a little off. Her left eye seems a little too much towards the center, if that helps, but I can understand how it would be difficult to see that. Maybe me and Cotton are just mistaken.

But sadly I'm not experienced enough to color it for you. I might try doing something with it later if I have some time; otherwise, I hoped I helped with my comment about the eye.

Cheers.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
I agree. Terrific sketch, but the eyes are a little off. Her left eye seems a little too much towards the center, if that helps, but I can understand how it would be difficult to see that. Maybe me and Cotton are just mistaken.

But sadly I'm not experienced enough to color it for you. I might try doing something with it later if I have some time; otherwise, I hoped I helped with my comment about the eye.

Cheers.
Ok ok, I'll take a look at it. (though I can't see it) XD I may edit it anyway :)
Thank you for helping! ^^

blueriku

Smash Journeyman

Cheers.
the eyes are fine the reason they look a little off is because the bottom of the eyes have too much roundness to then they need to be slightly straight then they will be fine but other than that everything looks great..good job pappioll

Luthien

Smash Ace
No, the eyes are a little off. You can't really move your eyes in two directions at once, and that's what it looks like Zelda's doing. It's not horrible, but it's so easy to fix.

Here, Pappioll. I'll try to explain. If one eye's pupil is to the left, then the other eye must have the pupil to the left as well.

Look at your sig. You'll notice that both of Zelda's pupils are to the left of her face (from our point of view). So they look like this (O = pupil; __ = white of eyes):

O__ O__

Your drawing has her left eye's pupil on the left, and her right eye's pupil in the middle of her eye. So it looks like this:

O__ _O_

That doesn't look right, and that's what should be fixed. I hope that helped. It's really hard to describe in words. ^^;

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Lol... Zelda is a chameleon...

Jk, it's a really beautiful picture, just, once the eyes get focused, it'll be perfect.

I don't have the skills to color it either. Then again, I have difficulty drawing stick figures, so, I can't be of much help to you :(

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
yeah im no good unless i use color pencil, oils, or acrylic..

sorry

edit COLOR MY OSS your shading is amazing I wouldn't color that!

and i have to agree about the eyes.

just imagine arrows pointing where the eyes are going and once you align the arrows it will be fine but yeah every thing looks great!

Luthien

Smash Ace
Better or still wierd?
Better, but still weird. You had the right idea, though. Just move the pupil even more. Like, as far as it can go. Why? Because Zelda's left eye is like this. You need to make it so that the white in Zelda's right (from our point of view) eye is only to the right of the eye, just like her left eye. You can't have the eyes looking two different directions. I can see how it's confusing, but you need to change something. :laugh:

white_mage

Smash Cadet
The easiest way to explain it is to have you look at your avatar. Notice how her eyes are as far to the side as they go? If you want Zelda to be looking to our left, only the pupils must be on the left, not her...white part. THe only part of the eye that would be on the right would be the white! (I get bonus points for accidental ryhmage!)

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Better, but still weird. You had the right idea, though. Just move the pupil even more. Like, as far as it can go. Why? Because Zelda's left eye is like this. You need to make it so that the white in Zelda's right (from our point of view) eye is only to the right of the eye, just like her left eye. You can't have the eyes looking two different directions. I can see how it's confusing, but you need to change something. :laugh:
Ok, I've edited the eye once again. And I decided to move the right eye (from our point of view) into a more center position.

Now, It has to be solved. I can also see why you said her eye was wierd before, because it really was :laugh:

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Not going to comment on the eyes (I've seen it in too many different variations now to be able to say if it's "right" or not; anyway, you have other people watching that for you). Wanted to compliment you on how well you did her pauldrons. You really got the shape down: they look great as a sketch.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
wow you fixed the eyes it look mush better heres a tip that you might already know but deviant art had tutorial for the body and face the stuff like that so if you want to learn more deviantart.com is the place to go but your work look a lot more better and i think you did rather well with the shading:)

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Hate to be a downer but this is hardly fan art. You've done nothing more than attempt to recreate the official Twilight Princess character art down to the small details. The rendering itself it decent but c'mon-- it's a bit pointless to try to re-draw someone else's drawing. Let's see a bit more originality next time.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Hate to be a downer but this is hardly fan art. You've done nothing more than attempt to recreate the official Twilight Princess character art down to the small details. The rendering itself it decent but c'mon-- it's a bit pointless to try to re-draw someone else's drawing. Let's see a bit more originality next time.
Oh do be quiet. I know for a fact that many people make money selling their own sketches and paintings of official photos/artwork. Walk down a major city street in good weather and you'll see plenty of people doing just that.

It's a legitimate form of art and many people (myself included) are happy he/she (sorry Pappioll, this fact eludes me at the moment) decided to share with us.

(Sorry if I sounded snarky: don't want to start an argument :()

Luthien

Smash Ace
Working on it. Although, I have to disagree with you; these drawing aren't really other people's work re-done. There are many differences. If anyone here can manage to get the exact shape of Zelda's face (eye size and placement, chin size and shape, etc...) down to every small detail, they will have done what I have found to be impossible. Good for them, that's hard enough as it is. The artwork here is very much our own art (although I really have yet to contribute).

Although there's only one picture in this thread, we have many other threads in this forum which show other pieces of work. Perhaps you ought to look at those? My point is: give us time. As soon as people get down how to draw Zelda so she actually looks like Zelda (harder than it sounds), they'll get more adventurous and try harder/greater things. Be patient.

On a side note, can we perhaps only have one thread for this stuff so it's a little more organized?

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Working on it. Although, I have to disagree with you; these drawing aren't really other people's work re-done. There are many differences. If anyone here can manage to get the exact shape of Zelda's face (eye size and placement, chin size and shape, etc...) down to every small detail, they will have done what I have found to be impossible. Good for them, that's hard enough as it is. The artwork here is very much our own art (although I really have yet to contribute).

Although there's only one picture in this thread, we have many other threads in this forum which show other pieces of work. Perhaps you ought to look at those? My point is: give us time. As soon as people get down how to draw Zelda so she actually looks like Zelda (harder than it sounds), they'll get more adventurous and try harder/greater things. Be patient.

On a side note, can we perhaps only have one thread for this stuff so it's a little more organized?
I completely agree

I would make a thread like that but i have no Zelda fan art :( just anime fan art with more than apparent squished heads :dizzy: i dont know?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
To me it looks like her eyes are off center but thats cause shes turned to the side right? Just looks odd to me :/

-Onyx

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
So you're saying that this isn't a fan art? If I had calculated the TP official artwork then it may had been a bit of a copy. But I made this all from scratch. Btw this is the first time I ever drew Zelda. I can't really just draw her in any position that I want her in yet. That's why I drew this.

And, I also mentioned in my first post that I will draw her later in different poses such as Din's, Nayru's etc.

Don't be so harsh :p

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
It's still called fan art. You're still taking inspiration from the artists work.

Zelda is extremely hard to draw correctly. You need to draw her from her official poses first. The structures on her dress, and face are difficult to get right. It's not as easy as it sounds to simply make up a position for her to be. You have to think of the way her Pauldrons would look, the way her dress would need to flow with her hair, etc.

ZeldaDestiny

Smash Rookie
I'll color it for you, BUT it will be a long time in coming it takes me anywhere from 3-6 weeks to color, and that's after I finish out my 2 weeks notice at work.(and get photoshop and gimp back). Plus I've never done as complicated Character as Zelda before.

www.zeogu.deviantart.com if anyone wants to check out my coloring abilities. I've done a very nice Green Ranger, Static shock, Kite (.hack)

white_mage

Smash Cadet
I've been practicing, but Im not too sure how to do it in photoshop. If I retraced everything in illustarator i could figure it out, but im still figuring things out.

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
Good skill, but not really a good picture. The technique is nice, but its just a copy of an existing and well known Zelda picture from Nintendo.

You have the artistic skill, draw Zelda doing something other than standing still.

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
It's good, I like it. Everything that could be said otherwise has been said. But I don't have the skills to color it, unless you want it in black & white super high contrast.

EmperorCesar - His picture isn't exactly like that. For one, she's missing the necklace, and there's less detail in the shoulder things.

Top Bottom