• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Collection of Stage Textures

Kati

Smash Lord
If anyone using Bowser's Story encounters lag, let me know. Yoshi's Story is the only stage that I made a hack for that was also optimized in 3.01.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
PMBR just trolled me, I got the perfect combination of stage textures 2 days ago and they already made a new version.

why u do dis PMBR

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
You're gonna have to use BrawlBox v0.71 and reimport all textures, models, animations, lighting, camera, collisions, and anything else that's not the same as the default stage that came in 3.01's zip files.

Luckily for me, I only have to worry about 4/16 of my Final Destinations.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Are you updating the blue phazon/blue fire cavern BG FD? That one was my absolute favorite with its ambient blue lighting. Fits perfectly for a lot of my music choices on that stage.

Kati

Smash Lord
It does. FD, FoD, DC, and five or so other stages were "optimized."

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Is that something that actually affects other people's textures? That just sounds like they aesthetically altered the vanilla textures to have less stuff causing lag. Would not taking those same steps on other textures cause desyncs, when it lags?

Kati

Smash Lord
Is that something that actually affects other people's textures? That just sounds like they aesthetically altered the vanilla textures to have less stuff causing lag. Would not taking those same steps on other textures cause desyncs, when it lags?
I wish I knew. :(

----

Wow, I really love the textures, especially the Bowsers Story, but are they Wi-Fi safe?
Bowser's Story should be wi-fi safe. But I forget when I made it, so there is a chance that between 2.5b and now, some minute change happened. You can either try a replay test, or wait for me to have the time to import all the latest files from YS 3.01.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Are you updating the blue phazon/blue fire cavern BG FD? That one was my absolute favorite with its ambient blue lighting. Fits perfectly for a lot of my music choices on that stage.
I sure will. Thankfully most of my textures are vanilla anyway and shouldn't need to be updated... I'll most likely import everything over again anyway just to be safe.

Also have you seen this version of it that I've had forever? I thought of the Emulsion (sp?) in Gears of War and had to make this one lol... I'm not all the way done with it yet, however.
http://youtu.be/qrJkz1v_Te4?t=30m53s

It's not the textures that were changed. It's the models. They had the same issue as the alt costumes did since... forever. But the stages are so big anyway, you most likely wouldn't notice any lag unless you played with 4 high polygon doodz (or chicks). GHZ, DC and Skyloft were the most notable ones for me... For some reason FoD didn't give me any problems... considering it was the laggiest stage in Melee lol. I imagine Peach's Castle had the same issue for that one month before they optimized it as well. Never played with more than 2 on that stage though.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I think the Pokemon Stadium 2 ones should be fine. They were updated the other day. Unless you tried them out and found otherwise.

Also have you seen this version of it that I've had forever? I thought of the Emulsion (sp?) in Gears of War and had to make this one lol... I'm not all the way done with it yet, however.
http://youtu.be/qrJkz1v_Te4?t=30m53s
Oh no, I hadn't seen that, but it looks sick as well. However, blue is more my color than yellow, so I think I'll stick to the former. A green version would be interesting to see though (maybe like this color or this color?).

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Please excuse my idiocy in the last post. I don't know why but I had it in my head that it was P:M's PS2 but it looks like Brawl's.

Arrow (Kyle)

Smash Apprentice
So how badly does the update to 3.01 affect custom content? I've been meaning to get a bunch of stage textures but It seems like the majority of them need to be fixed a bit due to the update.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Every single stage from 2.6b and before has to have their camera data updated to the latest version. Some stages also received collision edits and those will need to be done as well. Any stage that uses parts from Yoshi's Story, Peach's Castle, Training Room, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Green Hill Zone, and Dracula's Castle will need to have EVERYTHING reimported using the latest version of BrawlBox, because these stages all were optimized to reduce lag while playing, as well as Mewtwo, Roy, and the alternate costumes.

tl;dr - If it has nothing to do with the menu, CSS, Mewtwo, Roy, the alternate costumes, or any stages, then it's nothing to worry about.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Every single stage from 2.6b and before has to have their camera data updated to the latest version. Some stages also received collision edits and those will need to be done as well. Any stage that uses parts from Yoshi's Story, Peach's Castle, Training Room, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Green Hill Zone, and Dracula's Castle will need to have EVERYTHING reimported using the latest version of BrawlBox, because these stages all were optimized to reduce lag while playing, as well as Mewtwo, Roy, and the alternate costumes.

tl;dr - If it has nothing to do with the menu, CSS, Mewtwo, Roy, the alternate costumes, or any stages, then it's nothing to worry about.
Wait can't you just hit that there optimize model button after opening your stage with BrawlBox? That would be easier I think...

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
There is no magic "reduce all lag for me" button. You gotta reimport everything.
Right-click the model for FD (MDLO file) and you should see an option that says "Optimize Meshes" toward the bottom of the menu. You should see "Use Tristrips" and "Push Cache Hits" already checked. I believe those are the options used by the PMBR. I checked after doing it and my FD stage had a slightly lower point count than the one included in 3.02. I pretty much just went through and did that for every model in my stages.

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
Anyone know what needs to be done to Metal Cavern with the subspace cave background to make it 3.02 compatible?

I'm going to import the collision, boundaries, model data if I can, and camera from the latest into it.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
I actually found a way that's much easier and faster, especially for stages with multiple versions. Just take the entire BRRES that contains the 3.02 updated tri-stripped models and export them, along with the updated collisions and STPM, and replace them onto the old stage. This way, you don't have to bother with reimporting the textures, lighting, and other Brawl models that don't need to be optimized.

And I finally updated all of my stages with some new Dropbox links.
Nebula Melee Battlefield

Brawl Vault
Dropbox

Ethereal Destination

Brawl Vault
Dropbox

Mars Destination

Brawl Vault
Dropbox

Neo Destination

Brawl Vault
Dropbox

Oceanville

Brawl Vault
Dropbox

Black Fortress (Bomberman 64)

Brawl Vault
Dropbox
I have deleted my Premier Ball PS2 because I just can't stand looking at it anymore, however I do have some plans for PS2 later in the future.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Anyone know what needs to be done to Metal Cavern with the subspace cave background to make it 3.02 compatible?

I'm going to import the collision, boundaries, model data if I can, and camera from the latest into it.
Metal Cavern hasn't been changed in 3.02, according to the changelog.
Here, take the subspace cavern I've already made: mariopast00, mariopast01

nessmaster1

Smash Cadet
What are you guys using to recolor these stages?

I can't figure it out at all...

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Yeah but it is in the "old stages" on the first page still, so I'm assuming it has changed since 2.6b at the very least.
Well the dl I linked is the 3.0 version of metal cavern, which had no changes from 3.0 to 3.02.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
All stages from 2.6b -> 3.0 received changes to their STPM file. A handful of stages also received changes to their collisions and blastzones.

3.01 optimized the imported stages like Final Destination, Peach's Castle, Yoshi's Story, Dracula's Castle, and Green Hill Zone.

3.02 nothing happened to stages.

So for Metal Cavern, all you need to do is export the STPM and ModelData[100], which contains the values for the camera and blastzones, respectively, and replace them onto the old Metal Cavern with the background you want.
What are you guys using to recolor these stages?

I can't figure it out at all...
You basically just open the stage in BrawlBox, find the CLR0 that the Melee FD model uses, and manually edit the color nodes of each part of the stage.

I remember posting a tutorial somewhere but it may have been in a private message that I deleted a long time ago. In any case, it should be easy enough to figure out after you start playing around with it for a while.

Last edited:

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
Question: Does anyone here know how to move stage icons from the Stage Selection Screen? I've replaced some stages from the 2nd page, but I also want to move them to the first page as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I apologize if this was not the appropriate thread to post this question.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
From the stage with the background you want to use, export the SceneData[0], TextureData[0] and TextureData[1], and ModelData[4]. Then open 3.02's default Pokemon Stadium 2, and replace them accordingly. For TextureData[1], you'll need to right click on Arc 2 and import the BRRES, however you'll need to change file type, index number, and redirect index number to TextureData, 1, and -1, respectively. Then save and you're done.

Converting Brawl textures and background swaps to Project M is basically all about exporting and replacing/importing. Some will require you to build onto the new stage, like the method I described just now. Other stages like Smashville and Battlefield, you can export parts of the new stage and replace them onto the older stage.
Question: Does anyone here know how to move stage icons from the Stage Selection Screen? I've replaced some stages from the 2nd page, but I also want to move them to the first page as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I apologize if this was not the appropriate thread to post this question.
This requires manually editing the codeset, which you cannot do the same way you would replace stages and their icons using BrawlBox.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
This requires manually editing the codeset, which you cannot do the same way you would replace stages and their icons using BrawlBox.
I figured that would be the case. Would you know how to do this? Or know a person/thread that has a tutorial on the process?

Top Bottom