• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colabrative Brawl Tier List

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
1) Why have you pre-determined how many characters are in each tier? How many characters are in each tier depends on how many characters belong in that tier. If 10 characters suck so much they deserve to be Bottom Tier (the gap between them and the tier above them is just that large), 10 chars will be in Bottom Tier.

If only 3 characters stand out so much they crush the rest, they'll be the only ones in Top Tier. Remove those arbitrary numbers now.

2) The Tier List will not be determined by you or anyone in this forum section since a lot of the people in here don't know what they're talking about (someone just claimed Marth is worse than Wolf and Falco). The Tier List will be determined by the Smash Back Room.

Twin Dreams

Smash Ace
1) Why have you pre-determined how many characters are in each tier? How many characters are in each tier depends on how many characters belong in that tier. If 10 characters suck so much they deserve to be Bottom Tier (the gap between them and the tier above them is just that large), 10 chars will be in Bottom Tier.

If only 3 characters stand out so much they crush the rest, they'll be the only ones in Top Tier. Remove those arbitrary numbers now.

2) The Tier List will not be determined by you or anyone in this forum section since a lot of the people in here don't know what they're talking about (someone just claimed Marth is worse than Wolf and Falco). The Tier List will be determined by the Smash Back Room.

And the SBR, from what I understand, bases the tiers off the up-to-date tournament standings. Adding to the fact that people will not be determining them on the forum.

WR3K

Smash Ace
i am sorry i am not very comprehensive, but perhaps i can give you a rudimentary start once alot of submissions come in.

my scores do not vary much as i beleive brawl is alot more balanced then melee, but will still have characters with more effectiveness to them.

perhaps this list will nudge those characters ahead while keeping the low tier ones down, but still leveling out all pretty evenly.

Diddy Kong 9
Ike 7
King Dedede 7.5
Lucario 7.5
Lucas 8
Meta Knight 7
Pikmin & Olimar 7
Pit 7.5
Pokemon Trainer7
R.O.B. 8
Solid Snake 7
Sonic the Hedgehog 6.5
Wario 6.5
Wolf 10
Bowser 6.5
Captain Falcon 6
Donkey Kong 6
Falco Lombardi 9
Fox McCloud 8.5
Ganondorf 7
Ice Climbers 6.5
Jigglypuff 6.5
Kirby 7.5
Link 8
Luigi 7.5
Mario 7
Marth 10
Mr. Game & Watch 9
Ness 8
Pikachu 8.5
Princess Peach 8.5
Sheik 8.5
Zelda 8
Samus 7
Zamus 7
Toon Link 10
Yoshi 6

Boxob

Smash Champion
i am sorry i am not very comprehensive, but perhaps i can give you a rudimentary start once alot of submissions come in.

my scores do not vary much as i beleive brawl is alot more balanced then melee, but will still have characters with more effectiveness to them.

perhaps this list will nudge those characters ahead while keeping the low tier ones down, but still leveling out all pretty evenly.

Diddy Kong 9
Ike 7
King Dedede 7.5
Lucario 7.5
Lucas 8
Meta Knight 7
Pikmin & Olimar 7
Pit 7.5
Pokemon Trainer7
R.O.B. 8
Solid Snake 7
Sonic the Hedgehog 6.5
Wario 6.5
Wolf 10
Bowser 6.5
Captain Falcon 6
Donkey Kong 6
Falco Lombardi 9
Fox McCloud 8.5
Ganondorf 7
Ice Climbers 6.5
Jigglypuff 6.5
Kirby 7.5
Link 8
Luigi 7.5
Mario 7
Marth 10
Mr. Game & Watch 9
Ness 8
Pikachu 8.5
Princess Peach 8.5
Sheik 8.5
Zelda 8
Samus 7
Zamus 7
Toon Link 10
Yoshi 6
No, Sonic =/=Wario, Bowser, and he's no where near Ike. They're all much better, and he definitely isn't above DK, ever. Yoshi 6? Dk 6? Have you even tried them? They're both beasts (lolpun) in there own aspects. Zelda is better than Peach. Ice climber 6.5? No. Metaknight = 23, get it right.

Play the game before judging the characters in it, please.

aids514

Smash Cadet
I don't understand why the Back Roomers (like Yuna) get all pissed off with this thread. Listen, we're just trying to have some fun. Obviously we aren't going to be determining the real list any time soon. Let us have our little debate. We're all very proud of you for being a Back Roomer but that doesn't mean nobody else is allowed to discuss these matters. Sure, most of us will be wrong on a few things but cares. This is a forum for Christ's sake not the friggin' national congress.

And to whoever said that Metaknight should be top tier because he's latin: I almost forgot, Metaknight deserves 10/10 just because he owns the single best taunt in the game. "Fight me." Epic.

Also, someone said Sonic's recovery is 10/10? That's bs. Sonic's recovery is decent at best.

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to multiquote and my computer was moving slowly. Yeah yeah I'm a noob. Let's hear it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's how I've rated each character now that I've spent enough time using them.

Mario - 7
Donkey Kong - 5
Link - 6
Samus - 8
Yoshi - 7
Kirby - 6
Fox - 9
Pikachu - 7
Luigi - 7
Captain Falcon - 5
Ness - 7
Jigglypuff - 6
Bowser - 5
Peach - 8
Zelda - 8
Sheik - 7
Ice Climbers - 7
Mr. G&W - 7
Marth - 9
Falco - 10
Ganondorf - 6
Meta Knight - 9
Pit - 8
Wario - 6
Zero Suit Samus - 8
Ike - 6
Squirtle - 6
Ivysaur - 7
Charizard - 7
Diddy Kong - 6
Lucas - 8
King Dedede - 5
Olimar - 7
Lucario - 7
R.O.B. - 7
Toon Link - 9
Wolf - 9
Solid Snake - 8
Sonic - 7

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just remembered something.

Why is this thread here? Who is going to police it, saying "Your opinion matters, your doesn't"? Who will be the voice of authorityto disqualify people who're obviously too stupid to have their opinions counted ("Marth is on the same level as Peach!"), who are just misguided and don't know any better ("I think Marth is on the same level as Peach!") or who are just plain trolling ("Yoshi is a 10!")?

If we're gonna have such restrictions as "Only people who X-person allows to speak will have their input counted", then it's like saying "Only X-person's and the people who agree with him's opinions will matter!". And then the tier list will be skewed towards the view of those who police the thread (and what's to say they aren't wrong?).

This collaborative tierlist will be infected and skewed by sheer stupidity and there's pretty much nothing that can prevent that.

Time2Brawl

Smash Cadet
Here's how I've rated each character now that I've spent enough time using them.

Mario - 7
Donkey Kong - 5
Link - 6
Samus - 8
Yoshi - 7
Kirby - 6
Fox - 9
Pikachu - 7
Luigi - 7
Captain Falcon - 5
Ness - 7
Jigglypuff - 6
Bowser - 5
Peach - 8
Zelda - 8
Sheik - 7
Ice Climbers - 7
Mr. G&W - 7
Marth - 9
Falco - 10
Ganondorf - 6
Meta Knight - 9
Pit - 8
Wario - 6
Zero Suit Samus - 8
Ike - 6
Squirtle - 6
Ivysaur - 7
Charizard - 7
Diddy Kong - 6
Lucas - 8
King Dedede - 5
Olimar - 7
Lucario - 7
R.O.B. - 7
Toon Link - 9
Wolf - 9
Solid Snake - 8
Sonic - 7
A few characters (capt. falcon, dk) look a little low, and falco imo should be a 9.

Other then that, looks about right.

J0K3R

Smash Journeyman

Mario - 7
Donkey Kong - 5
Link - 6
Samus - 8
Yoshi - 7
Kirby - 6
Fox - 9
Pikachu - 7
Luigi - 7
Captain Falcon - 5
Ness - 7
Jigglypuff - 6
Bowser - 5
Peach - 8
Zelda - 8
Sheik - 7
Ice Climbers - 7
Mr. G&W - 7
Marth - 9
Falco - 10
Ganondorf - 6
Meta Knight - 9
Pit - 8
Wario - 6
Zero Suit Samus - 8
Ike - 6
Squirtle - 6
Ivysaur - 7
Charizard - 7
Diddy Kong - 6
Lucas - 8
King Dedede - 5
Olimar - 7
Lucario - 7
R.O.B. - 7
Toon Link - 9
Wolf - 9
Solid Snake - 8
Sonic - 7
kirby is more of a 7.5/8, not a 6 and diddy is way better than 6 lol

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
A few characters (capt. falcon, dk) look a little low, and falco imo should be a 9.

Other then that, looks about right.
No it doesn't. I only took a sideways glance at it and immediately saw glaring errors. This is why this thread will fail in no time. Because the majority of posters don't know what they're talking about (and most of the time, they are just misguided, they have either not played the game enough or aren't good enough yet to actually find out how good characters are).

For one thing, the list ranked Yoshi at 7 with several characters at a 7 or below. Say what? It ranked Squirtle at 6. Squirtle has Up-tilt, what does Yoshi have?

It ranked Peach on the same level as Zelda (um, no). And Luigi was a 7 while Peach was a 8 (again, um, no).

Nessticle3

Smash Rookie
This is a forum for Brawl, and people want to say what they think of each character... whats the big deal?? Rename the thread "TIER LIST FOR MORONS", who really cares. Let people voice their opinions on their characters and quit *****ing all the time. We know this is nothing official. That being said....

Mario - 7
Donkey Kong - 5
Link - 6
Samus - 6
Yoshi - 4
Kirby - 7
Fox - 9
Pikachu - 8
Luigi - 8
Captain Falcon - 6
Ness - 7
Jigglypuff - 6
Bowser - 6
Peach - 6
Zelda - 7
Sheik - 7
Ice Climbers - 7
Mr. G&W - 9
Marth - 9
Falco - 9
Ganondorf - 5
Meta Knight - 8
Pit - 8
Wario - 6
Zero Suit Samus - 7
Ike - 7
Squirtle - 7
Ivysaur - 7
Charizard - 6
Diddy Kong - 8
Lucas - 8
King Dedede - 8
Olimar - 8
Lucario - 7
R.O.B. - 8
Toon Link - 9
Wolf - 9
Solid Snake - 8
Sonic - 7

Valdens

Smash Ace
I'll be rating Game and Watch.

Combos- Has loads more options than he did in Melee. Dtilt to aerial, nair to fair, dthrow to dsmash or techchase, up-b to dair, has a lot of potential as far as chaining together a couple o' hits. 8/10

Recovery- His up-b is a monster this time. Still has that huge vertical distance like before, but his parachute comes out at the end of the jump, allowing him to safely glide back to the ledge or do an aerial out of it. Comes out very fast and is VERY hard to gimp. 9/10w

Weight- Really can't say much here. He's third lightest in the game I believe, so he's going to be pretty low. His dair (Key) brings him down very quickly (similar to Toon Link's) but also gives him actual control over it's trajectory, so he gets a point for being able to fast-fall uh.. fast. 4/10

Attacks- He's got a whole **** bag of tricks. ALL of his smashes are powerful and KO, along with his fair (which is an amazing edgeguarding tool) and dair at higher percentages. He can easily set up combos with his dtilt, nair or utilt, break through sheild happy people's defenses with his mounstrous bair, intercept someone midair with his up-b, which is so fast it's nearly unpunishable, or use his bucket (Down-B) against spam happy characters and have an oily surprise for them in the form of what can often be an OHKO. 10/10

Gimp Resistance- As mentioned before, his up-b comes out VERY fast and allows you to attack during it, so it is incredibly hard for anyone to gimp if you are smart about recovering.

Overall: 9/10

Overall for everyone:

Diddy Kong - 7
Ike - 7
King Dedede - 8
Lucario - 7
Lucas - 7
Meta Knight - 9
Pikmin & Olimar - 8
Pit - 7
Pokemon Trainer - 7
R.O.B. - 7
Solid Snake - 7
Sonic the Hedgehog - 6
Wario - 7
Wolf - 7
Bowser - 6
Captain Falcon - 7
Donkey Kong - 8
Falco Lombardi - 9
Fox McCloud - 8
Ganondorf - 4
Ice Climbers - 6
Jigglypuff - 6
Kirby - 7
Link - 5
Luigi - 8
Mario - 6
Marth - 9
Mr. Game & Watch - 9
Ness - 7
Pikachu - 8
Princess Peach - 5
Sheik - 7
Zelda - 7
Samus - 6
Zamus - 6
Toon Link - 8
Yoshi - 5

Behemoth King

Smash Rookie
No it doesn't. I only took a sideways glance at it and immediately saw glaring errors. This is why this thread will fail in no time. Because the majority of posters don't know what they're talking about (and most of the time, they are just misguided, they have either not played the game enough or aren't good enough yet to actually find out how good characters are).

For one thing, the list ranked Yoshi at 7 with several characters at a 7 or below. Say what? It ranked Squirtle at 6. Squirtle has Up-tilt, what does Yoshi have?

It ranked Peach on the same level as Zelda (um, no). And Luigi was a 7 while Peach was a 8 (again, um, no).
Imho, you're giving Yoshi less credit then is due. I believe Yoshi has a lot of potential, with a great recovery and synergy within his moveset. Almost all of Yoshi's aerials are spectacular. He has a beastly B-air, which can be combo'd into virtually any smash. Because there is no DJC means that Yoshi has a lot of aerial strength, which helps with the combos. He also has good knockback resistance, and a very good recovery if I don't say so myself. I believe that Yoshi just isn't used much because you can't adapt to him with the typical play-style/feel, it takes more practise and more getting used to do well with him.

That's why I beleive Yoshi should be a 7. I guess squirtle should be a 7, I just think he has mediocre recovery, though strong and quick attacks.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
I guess I'll give a shot at doing at doing a character...
Ganondorf
Combos: Ganon even from melee had little in terms of combos, the most you'll ever get from him is two or three powerful attacks in a short period of time. That being said most of his "combos" are normally very effective because of his natural strength. The Flame Choke (Smash B) can often be followed by a jab or either a foward or down tilt depending on the character. Rating: 4/10 (he doesn't tap the nail in, he drives it through in one shot)

Recovery: With the loss of both a functional down B and the benefit of an additional jump, his recover can be poor at times. That being said he does have the option to use his Smash B to grab the edge and his Up B does have rather deceptive vertical range. Rating: 6/10

Weight: Ganon is a heavy. If this is a suprise to you well...maybe you should read more threads. If he isn't killed by not reaching the stage then he'll probably die in the 100-130% consistantly unless he was hit by an exeptionally strong attack. Unfortunately, his heavy weight is also detrimental as he is a large target for chain-grabbing and with brawl's chain-grabbing mechanic unless they trip somehow you'll probably be chain-grabbed across the stage with little to change that. Rating 8/10 (chain-grabbing prevents him from being a nine)

Attack: This is ganon's PHD as from his melee days ganon was well known for causing 50% in two or three hits. Brawl is no different in regards to ganon's power and kill potential. half of ganon's movesets are able kill, most of your kills will be either his jab or F-tilt. Ganon can tech-chase with his Smash B and is a quick way to rack up damage and depending on the character you can follow up with other attacks.
Rating: 9/10

Gimp Resistance: This can be really bad for ganon since the loss of L-cancelling has limited his air game. Because of his weight and size he can be combo'd and chaingrabbed easily by many characters. Fast characters can chew ganon up little bit by bit by quick attacks or with projectiles. Distance is what will defeat ganon as his running speed is poor so the projectile characters can wear you down with little risk.
Rating 3/10 (its a shame really, especially chaingrabbing)

Overall Rating 5/10
Don't expect to destroy without any difficulty.
Punishing mistakes and reading your opponent will be what allows you to KO your enemy.

Top Bottom