• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Codex Discussions

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Codexes were introduced back in Brawl where Snake could communicate about his opponents to his command center. It was well received within the community and it was sorely missed in the last Smash. Fox was also able to communicate with his squad mates. In Smash Wii U, Pit could communicate with Palutena and other KI characters opponent his opponent.

Let’s make our own codexes or even create entirely new one based off franchises like Pokémon, Metroid, and Animal Crossing!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just want Snake back honestly. The codex's we're so much goddamn fun and had THE most memorable dialogue in Smash. It was a real kick in the teeth for them to literally say "Snake Codex's" in the 100 Fact Extravaganza.

I enjoyed Palutena's just fine but they just weren't as satisfactory as a soldier so totally and utterly confused about his opponents.

The Star Fox ones are just kind of lame. They're really not all that entertaining.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I liked Snake's codec calls so much more than Palutena's Guidance. They didn't even have the same charm as Uprising's dialogue, and a lot of them outright fell flat.

I might think up some Snake codecs for Smash 4's newcomers and some hypothetical Smash 5 ones later on.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I enjoyed Palutena's just fine but they just weren't as satisfactory as a soldier so totally and utterly confused about his opponents.
Or fanboying over Captain Falcon.
Granted the Guidance had Pit and Viridi fangasm over Mega Man but there's something very satisfying about Snake saying "Falcon Punch!"

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It would of been awesome to see Snake comment on the Wii U newcomer/returning SSBM cast.

Snake: Otacon, who’s this N Sync wanna-be?
Otacon: What?! What’s Cloud Strife doing there!
Snake: I’ve heard of stratus, cirrus, and cirrocumu-something or other. But I have never heard of a strife cloud. I never paid attention to that part of science class.
Otacon: No, not that type of Cloud! He is a Soldier and the face of the Final Fantasy series!
Snake: A soldier, huh? Looks more like a fashion model.
Otacon: I wouldn’t let his looks fool you. He’s as ill tempered as you and packs a wallop with that Buster Sword of his! Plus, he can access his Limit Break which enhances his special moves!
Snake: And I got a grenade which enhances my ability to blow him to tiny bits.
Otacon: Hey! When you have a chance, can you ask him to sign my Tifa Lockhart body pillow for me?
Snake: ......Ending transmission now.....

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a couple of old ones of mine that I think hold up

Snake: Otacon, I've got some sort of flower girl here.
Otacon: That's Lip. She's the main character from the long running Panel De Pon series of puzzle games.
Snake: Long running? How come I never heard of it?
Otacon: Well when translating the titles for America Nintendo used more well know characters and names to help it sell better. The original game was changed to star Yoshi and was renamed Tetris Attack.
Snake: So they disguised the game to pass it off as something familiar huh?
Otacon: I guess there's more similarities between espionage and marketing than it first seems.

Snake: Mei Ling, there's a kid in a costume with a working laser
Mei Ling: That's Mega Man, he may look like a cute child but he's actually a super fighting robot.
Mei Ling: Not only does he have his own Mega Buster but he also uses the weaponry of his defeated foes. Kind of like you Snake.
Snake: But why does a he look like a child. To get my guard down?
Mei Ling: He was a built as a surrogate son by the brilliant inventor Dr Light but when Dr Willy's forces threatened the world, Rock volenteered to become Mega Man and fight the evil robot masters.
Snake: Another child soldier...
Mei Ling: You always find a way to put a downer on things.

We need Doc Louis giving tips to Little Mac. Im sure the DK and Mario one's would be especially great.
"I get that it's rough out there son, but why are you fighting the ref!?"
:061:

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
id love to see more of these (not a fan of snake myself so id rather pit) perhaps someone else will get a turn next time, fire emblem has a fair bit of dialogue doesn't it? could that work?

if we get an arms fighter we could have biff do a commentary for each character

i'll have a go at writing some later

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I've been working on these, I'd like to call them the Champions Banter

Zelda: Um, Revali?
Revali: Don't Say it
Zelda: You and Falco, you seem to look a lot a like.
Revali: I told you NOT to say it
Mipha: The similarities are remarkable though
Daruk: Maybe he's a descendant of yours?
Revali: No bird who needs to rely on a machine to fly is no family of mine
Urbosa: Times change Revali, perhaps in Falco's time birds have no need to fly and have since forgotten how to do so without help
Zelda: Besides, I hear he's among the best at what he does, you should be proud to have him as family
Daruk: Yeah! He even has your attitude problem hehe
Revali: I'll pretend I didn't hear that.

Zelda: *gasp* I don't believe it! How can he be here?
Daruk: I don't get it? I thought you and Link defeated him!
Revali: I think you mean WE all defeated him, I won't have my role in this understated
Urbosa: And to take the form of the Gerudo again, has he tainted our name enough?
Mipha: Why is he in this form though? Seems like a step back
Urbosa: This is his original form, known as Ganondorf, it was how he was born.
Zelda: I can't do this! I need Link! I have to go...
Urbosa: Calm yourself, you are more than capable of defeating him yourself
Zelda: but!
Urbosa: Listen my little bird, you have more strength than you realize, you held him off for 100 years, you can take him in this weakened form. And you have us, we'll always be here to help and support
Mipha and Daruk: Yeah!
Zelda: Thank you, all of you, I'll do my best

Revali: I feel like I've seen this thing before in a dream once
Zelda: it does look a bit like Kirby, who's from Dream land. Maybe you're confusing the two.
Revali: maybe.
Daruk: I think this things called a Jigglypuff, you know, one of those Pokemon, things
Mipha: I've heard of those, I hear they're lovely singers
Urbosa: I hear you're not so bad yourself Mipha
Daruk: Really? Hey Mipha, why don't sing us a song!
Mipha: me, What, Right now, Oh, I couldn't, what if Link was, oh no, it's out of the question
Zelda: relax, Mipha, you don't have to do anything you don't want to.
Daruk: besides, if you're anything like Jigglypuff, you'd put us all to sleep and leave Zelda defenseless
Mipha: That would be awful
Revali: Now I remember where I saw that thing, it was right before going to sleep, not while I WAS sleeping

Revali: Oh great, ANOTHER Link.
Zelda: I heard that this young hero lived in a land covered in a great sea
Mipha: It sounds beautiful, I would have liked to visit there one day.
Revali: Oh really? Because I heard Zora's were extinct in his world
Mipha: *horrid gasp*
Daruk: yeah? Well I heard they evolved in into the Rito
Mipha: Oh that's even worse
Revali at the same time: don't be ridicul... What did you just say Mipha?
Mipha: nothing
Revali: Why you...
Urbosa: Quit trying to pick a fight Revali, you'll just embarrass yourself. What I want to know though, is why does he look so..... Odd?
Zelda: It could relate to his nickname, Toon Link, which he apparently earned because he looked like a cartoon, maybe he has a some cartoon ancestry.
Daruk: uhh, What's a cartoon?
Zelda: I..... Honestly have no idea

Zelda: Oh, what an usual creature.
Daruk: I know my Dino's, and that's a Yoshi
Zelda: OH! You mean a T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas! This is incredible! I never dreamed of the day where I get to see one of those.
Daruk: Uhh, well the Tee Yo she saw much a something are natives to a far off land, so they're very rare to see in Hyrule
Revali: He certainly is a hungry little fella, at the rate I saw him eating earlier, there won't be any fruit left in Hyrule, and he still looks Hungry.
Daruk: Well they will eat anything, so you better watch for that tongue of his princess.
Zelda: you mean that Yoshi might actually eat me?
Mipha: I'd hate to be eaten, it just sounds gross.
Urbosa: I'd rather be eaten by a Yoshi then something else, getting eaten will just leave you trapped in an egg, and they don't appear to have any teeth either so you get eaten whole.
Zelda: That doesn't sound so bad, actually it leaves me rather curious. Come here cute little Yoshi
Mipha: Oh my! Princess please don't! I don't think I could handle it

Urbosa: be careful Princess, I sense great skill in this Swordsman
Zelda: indeed, that's Marth. A prince from a far off land
Daruk: Swordsman? Prince? I swear I can never tell you human genders apart.
Revali: Says the Goron, I didn't even know Gorons had genders until after I'd left the nest.
Urbosa: You can say that again, Male Goron are the only males that may enter Gerudo town and that's only because the guards have no way of telling the difference
Daruk: What are you guys talking about, the differences are as clear as day for us Goron
Mipha: In Daruks defense, Marth does come across as quite feminine in many of his actions, I could see why Daruk got confused
Revali: hmmm, don't tell me YOU thought Marth was a girl too.
Mipha: I mean, well, yes. Yes I did! And I think thats nothing to be concerned about
Zelda: What is concerning is his sword skills, I must admit I'm struggling here.
Urbosa: Be strong Little Bird, win this one for me. If I were still alive, I would have liked to test his skills myself, I'm sure it would have been a glorious battle.
Zelda: I'll do my best Urbosa..... for you...

Zelda: That Sheikah. It can't be?
Urbosa: I've never seen a Sheikah like that before
Zelda: That Sheikah looks exactly how Sheik is described in ancient texts.
Revali: creative name
Urbosa: I've never heard of anyone named Sheik in Hyrule history
Zelda: It's a secret of the royal family, Sheik was actually a disguise for a wise princess to allow her to evade a great evil king for seven years, she's an inspiration to me.
Urbosa: This princess, she wouldn't happen to be....?
Zelda: Yes, the one who guided the hero of time
Mipha: Zora legends tell of a Sheikah warrior who helped a beloved Zora princess escape an icy demise. I wonder if that could have been Sheik
Zelda: That's right, she helped so many people while on the run. She even helped save an entire village from a fire. If only I had an ounce of her strength
Urbosa:....
Daruk: What do you mean little princess, you seem plenty strong to me.
Zelda: But if only I had been as strong and wise as she was, I might have been able to gain access to my sealing power sooner and all you might still be alive
Revali: No arguments here
Urbosa: REVALI!!
Revali: Kidding, kidding, sheesh, can't nobody take a joke
Urbosa: Ignore him my little bird, you have more strength than you realize, in the end you were able to both seal Ganon and single-handedly fended him off for 100 years, which is far more impressive than 7 years. Without you, Hyrule would have been destroyed
Zelda: Thank you Urbosa, that means a lot to me

Daruk: Is that suppose to be kid?
Mipha: Maybe it's suppose to be a squid?
Daruk: I don't know what that is
Zelda: It's actually Inkling, a distant evolution of the Squids. They're a very unusual creatures, they can switch between kid and squid forms at will and can use special weapons to spread their special ink.
Mipha: I've noticed its able swim through its ink like a Zora through water, and camouflage itself in it as well.
Urbosa: They seem like very versatile creatures, and oddly very fashionable
Revali: Fashionable? Their clothes don't seem special, they look odd to me.
Daruk: All clothes look odd to me, aside from something hold my weapon when I'm not using it, I'd rather go all natural
Urbosa: Going without clothes can be quite, freeing
Zelda: URBOSA!!!! I did not need to hear that
Urbosa: HaHaHaHa
Mipha: I see no reason why you're disturbed by this Zelda, Zora's also prefer to go without clothes. It helps us swim. Actually, strangely, when Inkling transforms into a squid, it's clothes does as well. I wonder if that means their clothes are actually an extension of them.
Zelda: Its probably just made by special material.
Mipha: It's seems they go to great lengths to keep up with the trends

Zelda: How curious, that boy seems capable of psychic powers
Urbosa: PSI to be precise, His name is Ness, a good hearted boy from a town called Onett
Mipha: He seems quite strong for someone so young
Daruk: I hear like Link, he had quite an adventure of his own, travelled the land in order stop a great evil
Zelda: Some times I envy them, while they had great adventures, I was stuck in a castle, trying to hold evil back
Urbosa: Not every heroic tale can be that of grand adventure, you did what needed to be done and I couldn't be prouder
Revali: And look on the bright side, at least you're not dead
Zelda: I'm sorry Revali, sometimes I can be insensitive
Revali: huh? Oh I'm not talking us, I'm talking about you. You held Ganon back for 100 years, you should be at the very least a frail old woman and yet here you as pretty as were then.
Zelda: Oh, well, I guess it was just my magic that kept me young, Ness is probably no different
Mipha: I wonder if Ness will ever grow up
Daruk: I'm sure there a lot of people who would be happy to see that

Revali: I don't what that blue thing is but I like him
Urbosa: Oh? It's not like you to be so fond of someone you just met, or anyone who isn't yourself
Revali: I don't know what it is, bit it's like he has an air of confidence I can relate. Nothing like our oh so stoic Link. Zelda, tell me about this strange creature
Zelda: Oh? His name is Sonic, and he's apparently a hedgehog. The fastest in the world.
Daruk: He also likes to roll around in a ball like Goron
Zelda: Not quite Daruk, he will go into a ball form, but that's only really for attacking. His preferred method of movement is running, and really fast
Revali: Very impressive, not as impressive as me but impressive regardless
Mipha: He's less impressive when he reaches water though, he becomes as slow as a Talus and about as effective as one in Water too.
Revali: I suppose it's only natural for him to have a weakness. It's rare to find someone else as perfect as me
Zelda: Sonic does however have a second form called Super Sonic. He becomes a lot of faster and water is no longer a worry. He can even fly
Revali: Super Sonic eh? Now that's something I'd like to see

Zelda: I still can't believe I get to meet THE Mario
Revali: I can't believe he's actually real, I thought he was just a storybook character
Zelda: I remember when I was young, Mother use to read me stories of the heroic Mario and his quest to save Princess Peach
Urbosa: I remember reading you a few of those stories myself, if not for Mario, I doubt we'd be as close as we were.
Mipha: Mario has touched us all, I remember being read his stories as a child, as well as reading them to Sidon 100 years ago.
Revali: My favourite story of his the one where went fly's with a cape
Mipha: I'm fond of the one where he goes on a tropical vacation
Zelda: My favourite was always the one where the castle is overrun and he has to restore it's power.
Urbosa: My favourite was the one where has to go on an odyssey around the world in a magic ship.
Zelda: Mario truly is beloved by all
Daruk: Uhh guys, who's Mario?

Zelda: Link?!?! What are you doing here
Link: ......
Revali: typical, as silent as ever I see
Zelda: You don't think he wants me to fight him do you?
Urbosa: Why not? It will be good training for the pair of you.
Zelda: What am I suppose to do against him though? He's skilled in so many weapons that I don't know what I could do to him.
Urbosa: Relax, Link will probably go easy on you, when he let's his guard. That will be your time to strike and show him what your really made of
Mipha: Oh please don't get hurt either of you, I don't think I could stand to watch (let her have it Link)
Zelda: What did you say Mipha?
Daruk: Don't worry your pretty little heads, whatever you do Zelda, I'm sure Link can take it. He's the toughest little guy I know
Mipha: I know, I've healed him so many times and yet its never as bad as it seems. He always comes out of a tough fight ready for more. He's my hero and my ....
Link: .......
Revali: You are all aware Link is one of the few people who can actually hear us right?
Mipha: WHAT????? Oh oh my please forgive me. Of course he can hear us. I'm sorry
Zelda: Which means he heard Urbosa's plan
Urbosa: Plan or no plan, I still think you can beat him. Just try your hardest
Zelda: Very well. Link, I'm going to do my best, and I expect nothing less of you, OK?
Link: ...... >:-)

Mipha: EEEK, What is that thing
Zelda: Are you alright Mipha, it's just a Pikachu
Mipha: I don't like mice, and I see sparks coming out its cheeks
Zelda: Well, yes. It can store electricity in its cheeks. Is that an issue for you Mipha?
Mipha: eek
Revali: Zora's are quite vulnerable to lightning, so I guess it makes sense. Although you don't have to be such a Cucco about it
Mipha: I'm sorry, I'll try and control myself
Urbosa: I for one quite like this speedy little zapper. I wouldn't mind keeping ome as a Pet. It's very cute and I would have liked to see how it's lightning matched up with my own
Mipha: that's something I would rather stay far away from
Urbosa: Oh? But Mipha, you're not saying, by any chance, that I scare you, hmm
Mipha: n-no not all
Revali: You're such a liar
Urbosa: HAHAHA
Mipha: No please, stop
Revali: Liar Liar Liar
Daruk: Leave her alone Revali, We all have our fears, I'm sure even you do deep down
Revali: nonsense
Urbosa: Well said Daruk
Mipha: I'm sorry Urbosa, I meant no offense, it's just....
Urbosa: please Mipha... I'm a Gerudo, I take it as a compliment. Now back to Pikachu. How is it the humans train them in their world. Might be worth having one around Zelda
Zelda: Apparently they shove them in tiny little balls, I don't think I could bring myself to do that. Besides, I'm too busy for pets unfortunately

I've been working on them here
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros/76440442

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Paper Mario tattles (Goombella)
BOTW Champions
Star Fox Crew
Fire Emblem

Plenty of opportunities for new codecs in those series.

Libelldra00

Smash Rookie
Tbh I could see one of the Idol Groups of Splatoon doing the codecs.

And maybe those codecs will be based on the stage, true to Splatoon.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I've been working on these, I'd like to call them the Champions Banter

Zelda: Um, Revali?
Revali: Don't Say it
Zelda: You and Falco, you seem to look a lot a like.
Revali: I told you NOT to say it
Mipha: The similarities are remarkable though
Daruk: Maybe he's a descendant of yours?
Revali: No bird who needs to rely on a machine to fly is no family of mine
Urbosa: Times change Revali, perhaps in Falco's time birds have no need to fly and have since forgotten how to do so without help
Zelda: Besides, I hear he's among the best at what he does, you should be proud to have him as family
Daruk: Yeah! He even has your attitude problem hehe
Revali: I'll pretend I didn't hear that.

Zelda: *gasp* I don't believe it! How can he be here?
Daruk: I don't get it? I thought you and Link defeated him!
Revali: I think you mean WE all defeated him, I won't have my role in this understated
Urbosa: And to take the form of the Gerudo again, has he tainted our name enough?
Mipha: Why is he in this form though? Seems like a step back
Urbosa: This is his original form, known as Ganondorf, it was how he was born.
Zelda: I can't do this! I need Link! I have to go...
Urbosa: Calm yourself, you are more than capable of defeating him yourself
Zelda: but!
Urbosa: Listen my little bird, you have more strength than you realize, you held him off for 100 years, you can take him in this weakened form. And you have us, we'll always be here to help and support
Mipha and Daruk: Yeah!
Zelda: Thank you, all of you, I'll do my best

Revali: I feel like I've seen this thing before in a dream once
Zelda: it does look a bit like Kirby, who's from Dream land. Maybe you're confusing the two.
Revali: maybe.
Daruk: I think this things called a Jigglypuff, you know, one of those Pokemon, things
Mipha: I've heard of those, I hear they're lovely singers
Urbosa: I hear you're not so bad yourself Mipha
Daruk: Really? Hey Mipha, why don't sing us a song!
Mipha: me, What, Right now, Oh, I couldn't, what if Link was, oh no, it's out of the question
Zelda: relax, Mipha, you don't have to do anything you don't want to.
Daruk: besides, if you're anything like Jigglypuff, you'd put us all to sleep and leave Zelda defenseless
Mipha: That would be awful
Revali: Now I remember where I saw that thing, it was right before going to sleep, not while I WAS sleeping

Revali: Oh great, ANOTHER Link.
Zelda: I heard that this young hero lived in a land covered in a great sea
Mipha: It sounds beautiful, I would have liked to visit there one day.
Revali: Oh really? Because I heard Zora's were extinct in his world
Mipha: *horrid gasp*
Daruk: yeah? Well I heard they evolved in into the Rito
Mipha: Oh that's even worse
Revali at the same time: don't be ridicul... What did you just say Mipha?
Revali: Why you...
Urbosa: Quit trying to pick a fight Revali, you'll just embarrass yourself. What I want to know though, is why does he look so..... Odd?
Zelda: It could relate to his nickname, Toon Link, which he apparently earned because he looked like a cartoon, maybe he has a some cartoon ancestry.
Daruk: uhh, What's a cartoon?
Zelda: I..... Honestly have no idea

Zelda: Oh, what an usual creature.
Daruk: I know my Dino's, and that's a Yoshi
Zelda: OH! You mean a T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas! This is incredible! I never dreamed of the day where I get to see one of those.
Daruk: Uhh, well the Tee Yo she saw much a something are natives to a far off land, so they're very rare to see in Hyrule
Revali: He certainly is a hungry little fella, at the rate I saw him eating earlier, there won't be any fruit left in Hyrule, and he still looks Hungry.
Daruk: Well they will eat anything, so you better watch for that tongue of his princess.
Zelda: you mean that Yoshi might actually eat me?
Mipha: I'd hate to be eaten, it just sounds gross.
Urbosa: I'd rather be eaten by a Yoshi then something else, getting eaten will just leave you trapped in an egg, and they don't appear to have any teeth either so you get eaten whole.
Zelda: That doesn't sound so bad, actually it leaves me rather curious. Come here cute little Yoshi
Mipha: Oh my! Princess please don't! I don't think I could handle it

Urbosa: be careful Princess, I sense great skill in this Swordsman
Zelda: indeed, that's Marth. A prince from a far off land
Daruk: Swordsman? Prince? I swear I can never tell you human genders apart.
Revali: Says the Goron, I didn't even know Gorons had genders until after I'd left the nest.
Urbosa: You can say that again, Male Goron are the only males that may enter Gerudo town and that's only because the guards have no way of telling the difference
Daruk: What are you guys talking about, the differences are as clear as day for us Goron
Mipha: In Daruks defense, Marth does come across as quite feminine in many of his actions, I could see why Daruk got confused
Revali: hmmm, don't tell me YOU thought Marth was a girl too.
Mipha: I mean, well, yes. Yes I did! And I think thats nothing to be concerned about
Zelda: What is concerning is his sword skills, I must admit I'm struggling here.
Urbosa: Be strong Little Bird, win this one for me. If I were still alive, I would have liked to test his skills myself, I'm sure it would have been a glorious battle.
Zelda: I'll do my best Urbosa..... for you...

Zelda: That Sheikah. It can't be?
Urbosa: I've never seen a Sheikah like that before
Zelda: That Sheikah looks exactly how Sheik is described in ancient texts.
Revali: creative name
Urbosa: I've never heard of anyone named Sheik in Hyrule history
Zelda: It's a secret of the royal family, Sheik was actually a disguise for a wise princess to allow her to evade a great evil king for seven years, she's an inspiration to me.
Urbosa: This princess, she wouldn't happen to be....?
Zelda: Yes, the one who guided the hero of time
Mipha: Zora legends tell of a Sheikah warrior who helped a beloved Zora princess escape an icy demise. I wonder if that could have been Sheik
Zelda: That's right, she helped so many people while on the run. She even helped save an entire village from a fire. If only I had an ounce of her strength
Urbosa:....
Daruk: What do you mean little princess, you seem plenty strong to me.
Zelda: But if only I had been as strong and wise as she was, I might have been able to gain access to my sealing power sooner and all you might still be alive
Revali: No arguments here
Urbosa: REVALI!!
Revali: Kidding, kidding, sheesh, can't nobody take a joke
Urbosa: Ignore him my little bird, you have more strength than you realize, in the end you were able to both seal Ganon and single-handedly fended him off for 100 years, which is far more impressive than 7 years. Without you, Hyrule would have been destroyed
Zelda: Thank you Urbosa, that means a lot to me

Daruk: Is that suppose to be kid?
Mipha: Maybe it's suppose to be a squid?
Daruk: I don't know what that is
Zelda: It's actually Inkling, a distant evolution of the Squids. They're a very unusual creatures, they can switch between kid and squid forms at will and can use special weapons to spread their special ink.
Mipha: I've noticed its able swim through its ink like a Zora through water, and camouflage itself in it as well.
Urbosa: They seem like very versatile creatures, and oddly very fashionable
Revali: Fashionable? Their clothes don't seem special, they look odd to me.
Daruk: All clothes look odd to me, aside from something hold my weapon when I'm not using it, I'd rather go all natural
Urbosa: Going without clothes can be quite, freeing
Zelda: URBOSA!!!! I did not need to hear that
Urbosa: HaHaHaHa
Mipha: I see no reason why you're disturbed by this Zelda, Zora's also prefer to go without clothes. It helps us swim. Actually, strangely, when Inkling transforms into a squid, it's clothes does as well. I wonder if that means their clothes are actually an extension of them.
Zelda: Its probably just made by special material.
Mipha: It's seems they go to great lengths to keep up with the trends

Zelda: How curious, that boy seems capable of psychic powers
Urbosa: PSI to be precise, His name is Ness, a good hearted boy from a town called Onett
Mipha: He seems quite strong for someone so young
Daruk: I hear like Link, he had quite an adventure of his own, travelled the land in order stop a great evil
Zelda: Some times I envy them, while they had great adventures, I was stuck in a castle, trying to hold evil back
Urbosa: Not every heroic tale can be that of grand adventure, you did what needed to be done and I couldn't be prouder
Revali: And look on the bright side, at least you're not dead
Zelda: I'm sorry Revali, sometimes I can be insensitive
Revali: huh? Oh I'm not talking us, I'm talking about you. You held Ganon back for 100 years, you should be at the very least a frail old woman and yet here you as pretty as were then.
Zelda: Oh, well, I guess it was just my magic that kept me young, Ness is probably no different
Mipha: I wonder if Ness will ever grow up
Daruk: I'm sure there a lot of people who would be happy to see that

Revali: I don't what that blue thing is but I like him
Urbosa: Oh? It's not like you to be so fond of someone you just met, or anyone who isn't yourself
Revali: I don't know what it is, bit it's like he has an air of confidence I can relate. Nothing like our oh so stoic Link. Zelda, tell me about this strange creature
Zelda: Oh? His name is Sonic, and he's apparently a hedgehog. The fastest in the world.
Daruk: He also likes to roll around in a ball like Goron
Zelda: Not quite Daruk, he will go into a ball form, but that's only really for attacking. His preferred method of movement is running, and really fast
Revali: Very impressive, not as impressive as me but impressive regardless
Mipha: He's less impressive when he reaches water though, he becomes as slow as a Talus and about as effective as one in Water too.
Revali: I suppose it's only natural for him to have a weakness. It's rare to find someone else as perfect as me
Zelda: Sonic does however have a second form called Super Sonic. He becomes a lot of faster and water is no longer a worry. He can even fly
Revali: Super Sonic eh? Now that's something I'd like to see

Zelda: I still can't believe I get to meet THE Mario
Revali: I can't believe he's actually real, I thought he was just a storybook character
Zelda: I remember when I was young, Mother use to read me stories of the heroic Mario and his quest to save Princess Peach
Urbosa: I remember reading you a few of those stories myself, if not for Mario, I doubt we'd be as close as we were.
Mipha: Mario has touched us all, I remember being read his stories as a child, as well as reading them to Sidon 100 years ago.
Revali: My favourite story of his the one where went fly's with a cape
Mipha: I'm fond of the one where he goes on a tropical vacation
Zelda: My favourite was always the one where the castle is overrun and he has to restore it's power.
Urbosa: My favourite was the one where has to go on an odyssey around the world in a magic ship.
Zelda: Mario truly is beloved by all
Daruk: Uhh guys, who's Mario?

Zelda: Link?!?! What are you doing here
Link: ......
Revali: typical, as silent as ever I see
Zelda: You don't think he wants me to fight him do you?
Urbosa: Why not? It will be good training for the pair of you.
Zelda: What am I suppose to do against him though? He's skilled in so many weapons that I don't know what I could do to him.
Urbosa: Relax, Link will probably go easy on you, when he let's his guard. That will be your time to strike and show him what your really made of
Mipha: Oh please don't get hurt either of you, I don't think I could stand to watch (let her have it Link)
Zelda: What did you say Mipha?
Daruk: Don't worry your pretty little heads, whatever you do Zelda, I'm sure Link can take it. He's the toughest little guy I know
Mipha: I know, I've healed him so many times and yet its never as bad as it seems. He always comes out of a tough fight ready for more. He's my hero and my ....
Link: .......
Revali: You are all aware Link is one of the few people who can actually hear us right?
Mipha: WHAT????? Oh oh my please forgive me. Of course he can hear us. I'm sorry
Zelda: Which means he heard Urbosa's plan
Urbosa: Plan or no plan, I still think you can beat him. Just try your hardest
Zelda: Very well. Link, I'm going to do my best, and I expect nothing less of you, OK?
Link: ...... >:-)

Mipha: EEEK, What is that thing
Zelda: Are you alright Mipha, it's just a Pikachu
Mipha: I don't like mice, and I see sparks coming out its cheeks
Zelda: Well, yes. It can store electricity in its cheeks. Is that an issue for you Mipha?
Mipha: eek
Revali: Zora's are quite vulnerable to lightning, so I guess it makes sense. Although you don't have to be such a Cucco about it
Mipha: I'm sorry, I'll try and control myself
Urbosa: I for one quite like this speedy little zapper. I wouldn't mind keeping ome as a Pet. It's very cute and I would have liked to see how it's lightning matched up with my own
Mipha: that's something I would rather stay far away from
Urbosa: Oh? But Mipha, you're not saying, by any chance, that I scare you, hmm
Mipha: n-no not all
Revali: You're such a liar
Urbosa: HAHAHA
Mipha: No please, stop
Revali: Liar Liar Liar
Daruk: Leave her alone Revali, We all have our fears, I'm sure even you do deep down
Revali: nonsense
Urbosa: Well said Daruk
Mipha: I'm sorry Urbosa, I meant no offense, it's just....
Urbosa: please Mipha... I'm a Gerudo, I take it as a compliment. Now back to Pikachu. How is it the humans train them in their world. Might be worth having one around Zelda
Zelda: Apparently they shove them in tiny little balls, I don't think I could bring myself to do that. Besides, I'm too busy for pets unfortunately

I've been working on them here
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros/76440442
:joyful:
These are perfect! If I can't have playable Urbosa, I need these conversations on a Zelda stage. Revali dissing everyone would be the best!

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
We need Doc Louis giving tips to Little Mac. Im sure the DK and Mario one's would be especially great.
"I get that it's rough out there son, but why are you fighting the ref!?"
:061:
I've thought up a few of these, feeling like Doc's Advice should've been a thing in Smash 4:

Dr. Mario:
Now I might not be a medical doctor myself, but I can easily tell this guy's a quack, hahaha! If he honestly thinks giving a prescription means throwing pills at you, then I'd probably keep my distance from him. Wait a minute, doesn't he look familiar to you? He looks exactly like a former WVBA referee!

Kirby:
Be careful, son! This pink guy might be small and squishy, but he can fly, and he sure can pack a punch! Watch out for that hammer of his, and make sure he stays on the ground! He also seems awfully hungry, just make sure he stays away from me and my chocolate bars, hahaha!

Ryu:
Watch out, Mac, that guy isn't Piston Hondo! Ryu may be from Japan too and look similar to Hondo, but he's an expert martial artist known around the globe for his many tournament wins. I've heard he's faced and defeated other boxers in these tournaments, but make sure he knows that you're not gonna go down easily like they did. Show 'em what you've got!

Captain Falcon:
This guy might be a race car driver for his day job, but he's also a well known bounty hunter who prefers to use his fists rather than a weapon. He's fast on his feet too, but I'm pretty sure you can keep up with him! Just watch out for his Falcon Punch, and give him a K.O. Uppercut to send him packing!

Mr. Game and Watch:
You've faced plenty of strange people in the ring before, but none of them have ever confused me as much as this guy! Just because he's flat as paper doesn't mean you can't hit him though, so go all out! If I had to give him a rating on a scale of how weird he is, I'd certainly give him a hard 9, hahaha!

Robin:
Normally I'd say that using magic in a fight against you is cheating, but they let guys like Great Tiger into the WVBA, and you beat them too! I can't really say much about their sword, though, but I know that you can easily overcome them with just your fists. Now, I wonder if they know any spells that can restock my stash of chocolate bars, hahaha!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
in the 99% impossible chance Gex gets in Smash, he needs to have special taunts for characters and stages. for example

vs. Peach: "you should be glad you weren't in the movie..."

on Pac-Maze: "don't remind me Pixels exists..."

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here’s one I thought of earlier this week as a Palutenda’s Guidance:

Pit: is that who I think it is?
Palutena: You’re right, Pit. He’s the best of the best. Champion of humanity.
Pit: ....wait a minute. Isn’t this just one of them Galactic Federation troops from that silly game that made Metroid fans mad?
Palutena: Hardly. You are facing against the greatest Spartan! He’s an enemy not to be under-estimated. Whatch out for....
Pit: MADNESS!?
Palutena: Pit...no just no...
Pit: THIS IS SPARTA!!!!
Palutena: Oh dear....
Pit: SPARTANS!! PREPARE FOR GLORY!!
Palutena: sigh.........Action movie references aside, you face against Master Chief, a Spartan super soldier who is renowned for fighting against aliens who threatened man kind. It’s best to be on your toes.
Pit: Yes, my lady. HOO-HAH!!!

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Tbh I could see one of the Idol Groups of Splatoon doing the codecs.

And maybe those codecs will be based on the stage, true to Splatoon.
the Squid Sisters and Off the Hook have some great dialog, it's a ton of fun to read.

unfortunately the word "read" could be a problem here - their spoken language is gibberish, and keeping up with the subtitles would just be distracting imo

i'm on board with the people who've been suggesting the four Champions, and running it through Zelda instead of Link would give them someone to to banter back and forth with and be more fun than just a monologue

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Doc Louis' Ringside Advice: Inklings

"Hey Mac, these kids ain't playin' around, they're actually squids! Watch that ink they're gettin' everywhere, they can hide and move faster by swimming through it. Don't rest easy, just watch your footwork and the level of ink they have left and you'll win this war!"

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Although I highly doubt it'll end up happening, I'd love to see a couple of members of the Resistance from Sonic Forces (it'll probably be just Tails, Knux and Amy) sharing info on the other fighters with Sonic. We're bound to have a Forces stage whether we like it or not, and it's not too far fetched to happen, Snake's codecs in Brawl were for a 3rd party franchise after all.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Snake, Shadow Moses and Palutena's temple are all confirmed to return.

Question now is, will Codecs and Guidances return and if so, will they get new ones?

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Well Snake, Shadow Moses and Palutena's temple are all confirmed to return.

Question now is, will Codecs and Guidances return and if so, will they get new ones?
Would be nice if they got new ones for the veterans, as well as messages for the newcomers as well. If there is DLC, hopefully they make messages for those characters as well.

Top Bottom