• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coco Bandicoot "Echo Fighter" Support Thread

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Yes, echo Fighter support thread, who would've thought that we'd get a support thread for two characters, both Crash Bandicoot and Coco Bandicoot.
coco.png

Coco is the more intelligent of the two, but she hadn't been old enough to join Crash on his adventure until Warped, perfecting her martial arts skills during Wrath of Cortex, which she eventually taught to crash to make use of in Twinsanity.
cocokarate.png
She's been capable of a Spin Attack since Crash Bash. And eventually Coco Bandicoot taught Crash all the additional Martial arts he knows. At last, she's a pallete swap of Crash Bandicoot in N. Sane Trilogy, using time travel to help Crash on his adventure to help her zany and distracted brother collect the Crystals before N. Tropy does.

Coco Bandicoot is the Smart brains of the operation, and an equally skilled fighter, although Crash does pack a few extra pounds of weight, which is why Crash fights most of the Bosses, she's still younger and lighter, and therefore because of her stature there are still very few things Crash can do that Coco can't and Coco is able to teach Crash just about anything, (except manners, and proper laptop care) However, when Coco gets older, and slightly obsessed with recycling, she finally does get her chance to fight alongside him against the Biggest Baddies, without a need for her tech, finally proving once again she's just as capable as Crash.

crashcocosmash.jpg

But in Smash, maybe she would be just a pallet swap, but I'd say she'd be lighter, and nimbler, and her technology based attacks would pack a punch!
Crash and Coco would have the same attacks, various gadgets and gear, spin attack, slide attack as a dash attack, wumpa fruit canon, Polar and Pura (respectively) awesome right?

Both Crash and Coco will borrow attacks from each other such as their down a would be Coco's sweep kick from Crash 4: Wrath of Cortex, while Coco would use Crash's cut content attack from Twinsanity as Crash and Coco would Spin, punch then Superpunch as their combo attack.

Ideas for Special moves.
Cyclone Spin -Crash and Coco's neutral b, sideways recovery

Polar Panic - Crash's side b, perfect traction on icy surfaces Crash rides Polar across the stage charging into foes flinging Crash forward at the end
Pura Power - Coco's side B Pura charges into opponents, attack lasts longer than Polar Panic without the flinging, instead Coco jumps off Pura with a forward kick.

Helicopter Jetpack - Crash and Coco's B up, similar to K. Rool's attack with a Wrath of Cortex design.

down B is harder but I think face slam applies to this attack, when used on the ground it is a short jump with a spinning slam.

A button attacks
Crash's neutral combo: spin double-punch with the second punch being a superpunch, an attack cut from Twinsanity.
Coco's neutral combo: Spin kick from Wrath of Cortex with a punch and kick that repeats a second time.
down tilt- Coco's Sweep Kick
down smash- probably the Twin Slam, where Crash and Coco both use Cortex as a hammer, though it could ruin the illusion in boss mode.
sideways tilt: spinning kick
sideways smash- Wumpa Bazooka shot straight foward
dash- slide attack
up tilt- clap, Coco uses her laptop in this attack
up smash- wumpa fruit canon straight upward

aerial attacks
primarily neutral is a spin attack,
down air- spinning drop (Coco's slam attack from Wrath of Cortex)

shield pose: Aku Aku protects them until shield breaks

Coco's Taunts:
Cell Phone selfie
Sitting down with laptop with 5% chance of saying a random phrase "glide spyro, glide, not again!" "Yes, I defeated Gnasty Gnorc!" "Gotta play later, Duty Calls" "Bye Doctor Shemp!"
blowing hair out of her eyes and saying one of her taunting quotes from Crash Team Racing for PS1
petting Pura the tiger

Pallete Swaps for Crash and Coco
Mostly just alternate colorations and designs for the overalls, and flower in her hair, the flower occasionally being a specific type, such as a nightshade or a rose, and her overalls being strapped on both sides in Evil Coco and Mad Scientist Coco outfits, and goggles in her hair for two alt. outfits. Shoe color may vary as well.

Evil Crash/Evil Coco (navy blue hair, purple fur, mad scientist glasses over eyes, black overalls, red shirt, red nightshade flower in hair)
Fake Crash/Mad Scientist Coco (mad scientist glasses, white hair, white overalls white dress shirt.
Carbon Crash/Platinum blonde Coco with rose in her hair, red overalls, green shoes, similar to fire Mario
Crunch Crash/cameo shirt, olive overalls,
Redhaired Coco Bandicoot with red overalls and a yellow shirt, and a yellow flower

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
If Crash got into Smash (which I want), I'd be down to see an Echo Fighter. I support

D

Deleted member

I'm down for Coco as an Echo as long as we get get Fake Crash (aka Trash Bandicoot) as an Alt.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I really love the Crash Bandicoot series.
I'm trying to come to terms with how I feel about this idea.

On the one hand, Coco is awesome.

On the other, I think the best nod to Activision is to let Crash and Spyro stand together, alone.

I think there are a lot of series where an Echo fighter really helps make a stake as to what made the franchise special. I just dont think that is the case for Coco.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I really love the Crash Bandicoot series.
I'm trying to come to terms with how I feel about this idea.

On the one hand, Coco is awesome.

On the other, I think the best nod to Activision is to let Crash and Spyro stand together, alone.

I think there are a lot of series where an Echo fighter really helps make a stake as to what made the franchise special. I just dont think that is the case for Coco.
then Coco can be an Echo Fighter in the next game, let's save something for Smash Ultimate 2

Last edited:

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Fake Crash as an alt for Crash, right? Wouldn't make sense as a Coco alt.
No, but Evil Coco does, as long as they keep her in the E rated category. So does Purple flower with purple overalls and blue shoes, and pink flower with standard outfit, and blue flower with a light blue T-shirt, blue hair and blue shoes, Red overalls and a red flower with white shoes,

Green Overalls and a yellow shirt, redhair with a four leaf clover
and a nightshade or black rose in evil coco's hair and mad scientist googles, (and 3 taunts said in an Evil Coco voice by Debbi Derryberri just for kicks)

Last edited:

CrashBandicootFan1

Smash Cadet
I think Crash Bandicoot is going to be DLC at this point as Sakurai said in his latest Famitsu Issue He said that the Character Reveals are going to be slowing down till the Games release

but if Crash does get in as DLC I hope we get Crash Bandicoot Coco Bandicoot as Crash's Echo Fighter and a Stage from any of the Crash Games I hope we get them in a Crash Bandicoot DLC Pack for Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Support. Crash alone would be great, but if we got both I'd definitely be picking Coco more often.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Maybe Coco could be a unique fighter who manages to get into Smash before her brother?

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
I like (and play) Coco more than Crash himself, therefore I support. However, I don't think she could make it into the game without her brother. Her only chance is as an Echo fighter.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I would love to see her in Smash.
Count me as a suppporter.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Echo is the best way for Coco to appear.

Only major difference she needs is that she spin-kicks instead of doing a Tazmanian Devil impression so the hitboxes on her spin attack(s?) would be lower down. Better at hitting small foes, worse at anti-air.

D

Deleted member

I think Echo is the best way for Coco to appear.

Only major difference she needs is that she spin-kicks instead of doing a Tazmanian Devil impression so the hitboxes on her spin attack(s?) would be lower down. Better at hitting small foes, worse at anti-air.
Basically, yeah.
It is minor, but still a change that fits her the best way in Smash.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Idk, they got away with her being purely aesthetical (?) in N. Sane so why not in Smash?

D

Deleted member

Idk, they got away with her being purely aesthetical (?) in N. Sane so why not in Smash?
Coco wasn't completely aesthetical, imo.
She had her own idle and gameplay animations to the point that she felt like her own character instead of a mere skin.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Coco wasn't completely aesthetical, imo.
She had her own idle and gameplay animations to the point that she felt like her own character instead of a mere skin.
Yeah I remember there was a Coco skin hidden in the PS2 version of Mind over Mutant. Don't know if that looked weird?

There's like a slight animation change with Iggy in his eyes when dazed or something, other than that though are there much animation changes between skins in Smash?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I support. I've been playing through the N. Sane Trilogy and I always find myself using Coco more often than Crash.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Add me to the support list. Coco is actually one of the only few echoes I'm interested in.

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
Critics really need to stop that

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy

Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled are not Dark Souls
I really didn't find the game that hard to be honest. Even on medium difficulty. The way for the game to be, quote unquote, "hard", is if you deliberately don't use the turbo boosts and shortcuts, or if you mess up big time.

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Yo, I'd be fine with Coco being an echo if Crash turns out to be a dlc fighter, but I hope she would be upgraded to a semi-clone in the next Smash.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Yo, I'd be fine with Coco being an echo if Crash turns out to be a dlc fighter, but I hope she would be upgraded to a semi-clone in the next Smash.
Next Smash? I wouldn't expect Crash next Smash. He's icon statues, but he will definitely be a one time guest.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
You know, when there's only two DLC spots left to be revealed, and it's been confirmed that there won't be echoes in the Fighter Pass, just new characters from unrepresented franchises, do you think we should start thinking about the possibility of Coco Bandicoot coming not as an Echo but actually getting picked over her brother? Probably unlikely considering how her brother is the title character, but at this point Echoes in the Fighter Pass is even more unlikely.

UserKev

Smash Champion
You know, when there's only two DLC spots left to be revealed, and it's been confirmed that there won't be echoes in the Fighter Pass, just new characters from unrepresented franchises, do you think we should start thinking about the possibility of Coco Bandicoot coming not as an Echo but actually getting picked over her brother? Probably unlikely considering how her brother is the title character, but at this point Echoes in the Fighter Pass is even more unlikely.
Unless Coco is a alt skin for Crash, I really wouldn't hold my breath.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Add me to the list!

I have my doubts of Coco being playable, but I would LOVE to see her mix it up in the field with iconic characters. Coco vs Luigi/Peach would be interesting to see

Top Bottom