• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
lol, not true. I can sometimes fsmash my partner to oblivion. I have to make up for it with amazingness.

edit - I would love to team up with Cyrain and face Redd+Zion.
But u gotta think about it. It's for the team.

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha if ether got kathleen i seriously dont know wut id do, it would be too ironic. I cant wait to sing "ITS DOWN AIR TIME..*guitar riff*"

adwillia

Smash Apprentice
ether what about me????/ lol

colin, i woke up at 6 sorry i didnt call u back

VAromani

Smash Cadet
Hahaha if ether got kathleen i seriously dont know wut id do, it would be too ironic. I cant wait to sing "ITS DOWN AIR TIME..*guitar riff*"
id laugh so hard...especially if pcat and trey got it down on their guitars...or someone mistook me for kathleen again like at the last tournie :chuckle:

"hey, you must be kathleen!"

"no...he's kathleen."

and id spontaneously combust if both happened. :p

p34chPAI

Smash Cadet
*laughs at the strange humor in the joke that is Kathleen*
^ that sounds like a word-for-word translation or something... -_-;

lol, I love Ether's "oh dear god" response though... :p

The deal is that we call him Kathleen until he plays well; then he gets his own name (James) back... temporarily. I think he'll always be Kathleen to us though >_>

Ether

Smash Ace
ether what about me????
We're teaming! I'm a teams wh0re...I wanna team with everyone.

We'll do like 20 matches of Ether+Cow, then 20 matches of Ether+Adwillia, then I'll probably team up with O-NO, and then I'll team with whoever wants to team with me, provided that people still wanna do friendlies at that point.

Oh yeah, and I gotta team with Schoolie because Ether+Schoolie is **** i mean damm

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Ether, it bothered me when we sat down for doubles and people just walked away :( Luckily ndn, blkg, and eli still played us :)

And yeah Fats, TEAM 3 STOCK FO LYFE!

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
You'd die from laughing, Ether's combos would die as a result of Down Air Time, and we all know what happens to ether's teammates when they stop his combos...

... their gender changes...

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Just to clarify, Doubles (aka Classic CNU style random doubles) will be starting at 5pm.

For those of you unaware of how we do things, here's how it goes:

2 sets of Names:
-Intermediate
-Expert

The teams consist of (1) intermediate player and (2) an expert player, to keep things even. When we run out of experts, the teams will be composed of 2 intermediates... if you're on one of these teams, sorry man :\

edit:

I shouldn't have to clarify this, but the names are pulled... at random :p

VAromani

Smash Cadet
The teams consist of (1) intermediate player and (2) an expert player, to keep things even. When we run out of experts, the teams will be composed of 2 intermediates...

though, last tournie we didnt have as many expert people come so the chances of having a team composed of 2 intermediates is much slimmer. :) i think that the teams will be really balanced, and it will be tons of fun. yay random dbls :D

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
y.link fo lyfe!
and breakfast ^_^ but only yours, Otis.
gahhhh no adderall...I've been trying to get used to being without it though, like in every day life...so if I space out in the middle of conversation, I promise I'm not rude ;___;
Also, if I'm giving you a ride today, don't try and make me look at anything but the road, you can talk to me...but I foresee bad times otherwise

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
hey, is there any chance I can catch a ride with anyone going to CNU?
talk to Kitsune, see if he can give you a lift to my place since you're relatively on his way to me :) Just remind him to take 264 W to Norfolk since he'd most likely just stay on 64 W from his place to get to mine...and then what was it, Ballentine is your exit, right?

Alright...so here's what's gonna happen: I have a car. Zion has a car. BLKG has a car. Whatever setups you guys bring + whatever setups we bring + Caboose + ndn + KotR + whoever else is going = most epic **** EVAAAAAA ^_^ Not to mention when I think MaSHi, O-NO, Riku, and a host of others will be rollin in around 5 or so? Maaaannn...today will be tooooo good. Good ****, CNU [in advance], ESP for hosting this like...12 hours earlier than usual haha

If you are riding with me and have awesome music, bring CDs or even an MP3 player [others do exist beyond iPods], I've got the old-school tape adapter that I got with my discman BACK IN '99 SUCKAAASSS

wait...>_< sometimes I forget that I live in Norfolk now so CNU isn't like...50 minutes away anymore haha

EDIT @ Ether:
If you can't get a hold of any of them, find a way to get to my house by 3 PM

Ether

Smash Ace
Thanks, toasty. I might wait for Lisa, though, because she wants to go, but she gets off work at 4. We'll just have to risk it and take her car. If I don't show up by 7, it's cuz the car blew up. lol?

Radnortuws

Smash Journeyman
FATS, I'll prolly be over there like 2 if thats cool. PM me the number again, I remember how to get there in general but i forgot the letter/number of your place.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Thanks, toasty. I might wait for Lisa, though, because she wants to go, but she gets off work at 4. We'll just have to risk it and take her car. If I don't show up by 7, it's cuz the car blew up. lol?
if her car blows up, I SWEAR I will have had NOTHING to do with it.

>_>
<_<

...never deny an offer from me, ever again. I might just start believing in Islam again.

<3<3<3

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so shoutouts...fun times

to black the sheik and samus who helped me train new things..as well as realize that i miss too many dair lcancels with fox.

thanks a bunch!!! and i was so happy to learn the fox vs samus matchup some.

oh no..stil haven't showed you any of my other characters..but i just enjoy playing my marth against your sheik too much..best marth training i can get i think..anyways you acted like it was so easy to techchase falco with sheik...next time i see you you can show me what you do..we'll go infinite time and just let you techchase me.

CFalcon that i don't remember that was a fun sheik vs falcon match..you should have had it.

and juan and patrick and jaymie a pleasure as always...i will learn to CC patrick!! someday

umm what else..kitsune your falco vs marth and falco vs sheik were pretty beastly for me

i'll keep working on it..i realized one thing i was doing wrong in terms of edgeguarding the phantasm but other than that i just need to work on your aggressive style of falco..my friend said he did a little better than me by using counters to throw off your spacing and just absorb a lser hit then counter.

and yes...phantasms into marth should be dealt with by shieldbreaker ftilt or jab..but especially jab..that would have gotten out when the ftilt was too slow.

fats...so much fun...i'm finally starting to get the hang of the fox vs ganon matchup...as for marth vs ganon..i'll practice it sometime..i still don't know how to combo ganon properly out of throws with fox..guess i should bair..it's just my timing is off...lose some of that lard ganon seriously...my fox is too tired after throwing you to do anything

link player...rad? or something...of all the players there you gave it to me the worst..but i was gettting better by the end...kept it pretty even the last match with fox...and well marth was pretty rough but i had a mix of 1 and 2 stocks by you..so maybe if i can get a stage where link is easily gimpable:p

i will definitely try to learn what i can do on link out of throws in the future...if techchasing is all that is available that is what i should use but i definitely never could seem to get much out of the upthrow..but i may have just been trying the wrong things.

oh toasty..you are the man..i have so much more fun playing you....smart play means i can use far more mind games;p...grats on beating that link..i'm jealous;p maybe next time i'll show you my pika..though in general i just like playing pika vs marth's and falco's..ness i just like djcing juggles on anyone heavy enough;p

anyways this coming week i have dance competition..but next week i will work on improving my game..i need to incorporate new things into my vs falco game that i've read about but can't do at the moment..and i need to learn the timings to combo heavy weights with fox's upthrow...and i need to learn what marth can do out of throws on link.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
So last night was amazing? Yes, yes it was. Although, I was informed that singles never happened? Did anyone mind? If so, on behalf of CNU Smash, I apologize, but it seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves quite well :)

Knight- Hahahahahaha, that last combo on Zion... good lord, I had no idea m2k went to W&M, amazing job, it was a textbook perfect edgeguard and quite the crowd pleaser. You and Alex did pretty well in the doubles match too, keep up the good work :)

Ndn- THAT FALCON, OOOOOH MAAAAN! Talk about ****** in crews. You took out Kitsune and made it look easy, and isn't falco supposed to be a difficult match for falcon? Amazing job, we've yet to play a set >.>...

Otis- Sorry about your crew, but you did have a team dominated by flightless birds. Though, whenever I saw you in casuals, you were in a constant **** state, so I guess crews didn't have much effect on that :p Thanks for comin out and bringing that carload.

Ether- Way to pick an effective crew, i mean ****. I have no idea how an Ether-sized gap in skill developed through draft crews, but hey, who's complaining? Great job in doubles as usual, though we did discover that my garbage fox + your good fox =/= an effective team, but hey, it's corneria, and we still had the counterpick :p Thanks for coming out, way to dominate our imaginary singles tourney.

I'll finish in waves later, so many people.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
Ndn- THAT FALCON, OOOOOH MAAAAN! Talk about ****** in crews. You took out Kitsune and made it look easy, and isn't falco supposed to be a difficult match for falcon? Amazing job, we've yet to play a set >.>...
wish i'd gotten to see that..you must be beast at techchasing or something..or maybe it was a platform stage and you just ***** his recovery? shrugs..what i get for ignoring crews in order to maximize the # of singles i got to play.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Rad and Pat were too good of a team. you and your Pokefloats, I would've rather gone to corneria.

anywho, good stuff to everyone,

toasty we had some intense sets

My falco game has gotten so much better, thank god... now it isn't always ****, Kitsune/Zion, what are you gonna do about it? ;)

Ether, if you would've stayed fox and chosen large levels you would've beat our team and probably won the tourny. but that's a dirty sheik you've got. I'm not used to fighting a sheik who does platform-dropped aerials, that was something new. oh, and your marth is ****... sooo ****, it has evovled in to something terrifying since those matches with The Doug at Cow's place.
and you've trained lisa well, she almost de-throned me on the big TV. That was a scary match.

Josh, we had some good games too, just do what ether does against me with marth and you won't have a problem. One of the biggest differences is that he will choose to do a move that he KNOWS will hit, rather than a move that would probably kill me. if you think like that then your going to see a big difference.

my partner's samus was crucial, my opponents or myself had no idea what his next move would be, (I don't know if he even knew what he was gonna do) but there were times when he would combo both opponents for 60 damage in the same set of moves, lol.

lol rad, u called me out so bad on my game plan against Ethers team, I felt like a jerk hahahha, thanks. you were still pretty on last night. props for being good with a scrubby character.

Trey, what happened with team 3 stock??? I was ready for the ownage. maybe next time.

thanks to everyone for setting it up, sorry I left early but It was time to dress up in costume and be an idiot.

pzzzz

jhoxn

Smash Cadet
Last night was amazing. Even though we started off late, I think everything went better than expected. The draft crews at the end seemed to work really well despite us not doing singles.

Sorry that I wasn't able to be a part of the draft crews more, as I had other business to take care of, but I do hope for the next tourney that I will be more attentive to the actual matches.

Congrats to the winners of the doubles, and the winners of the draft crews. I heard a lot about all the crazy things that went on. Man, people are getting so good so quickly. I still find it funny that we had more experts than we did intermediates. We're definably going to make some definitions of what comprises an expert and what defines and intermediate player ^_^.

Other than that, thanks to everyone from ODU and W&M who showed up, you guys always make things interesting here at CNU. We hope you guys will join us for our next event.

Ether

Smash Ace
FATS - maybe you're right, but I don't get to train my other characters in a tourney, so since this one was free, I risked it ^_^ And yeah, Lisa is freaking annoying to play against. If you ever find a way to play fast against her, let me know. She makes me hate this game.

O-NO - We should have all sung Happy Birthday to you! >_< Thanks for bringing me and Lisa.

Rad - u r gud. moar sets plz.

everyone in my crew - Rapesies.

Schoolie + Ether - Rapesies. Double Fox on Corneria was a good idea.

Presence of female smashers - Amazing.

Matches that should have happened but didn't:

Ether + Rad vs whoever.

Ether + Riku vs whoever.

Ether + knightpraetor vs whoever.

Ether + Fats vs whoever.

Ether + Cow vs Schoolie + Fats.

Also, screw a singles tournament. Draft crews, son.

My eyes still hurt so bad.

edit - John, is your user name "jhoxn" an anagram of your name + the letter 'x', a la Kingdom Hearts II?

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
josh- ccing isn't always the best idea, you should have seen my fox vs poehlcat's peach after the tourney.. i won but i'd take an instant 40-100 damage every stock =P

Rad- our team was completely broken =P

Meg- ****.. i wanted that cookie before i realized it was cursed, ggnore

toasty- wtf, spiking me through battlefield? good ****

good matches to the rest of the people I played :)

Top Bottom