• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clue vs Mouf (Several NEW matches 5-15-09)

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
seems like you're doing an ok job spacing your fairs/bairs.. keep that up, and throw in a few ftilts as well to aid in countering marth's range (ftilt off a perfect waveland is great and happens to be sexy). Maybe try to sneak in a few more grabs? Pretty solid ganon dude. More vids would be nice!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
YESSS!!! You're still playing. Awesome... I'm at work but I'ma watch these right now... feedback later.

Cool stuff man. That fox needs to shine -> airiel more though >__>

Your ganon has definetly gotten better with spacing since i last saw it. Spacing was the biggest flaw last time and now you're spacing's good and stuff. More comments later, I think my boss saw me on smashboards a second ago ... <__<

DrewB008

Smash Lord
hey clue i played you in friendlies at pound 3, im bigd, good **** that youre still playing

try to maintain more of a balance between pressure and sort of retreating, hes getting you right after your moves too often, do them a little further away or close enough to be sure he has to block or something, other than that i got nothing

that dsmash combo early on was hot though

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
YESSS!!! You're still playing. Awesome... I'm at work but I'ma watch these right now... feedback later.

Cool stuff man. That fox needs to shine -> airiel more though >__>

Your ganon has definetly gotten better with spacing since i last saw it. Spacing was the biggest flaw last time and now you're spacing's good and stuff. More comments later, I think my boss saw me on smashboards a second ago ... <__<
Thx! I started playing differently in the last few matches SideEffect and I played. He was 3 stocking me in most of the matches. However, I decided if he can't hit me with one nair, he can't hit me with 2. So it forced me to make my spacing better. The matches before these were ugly :ohwell:

I get on smashboards at work too, I downloaded this Magic Boss Key thing so I can just hit F12 and hide everything in an emergency. Haha

hey clue i played you in friendlies at pound 3, im bigd, good **** that youre still playing

try to maintain more of a balance between pressure and sort of retreating, hes getting you right after your moves too often, do them a little further away or close enough to be sure he has to block or something, other than that i got nothing

that dsmash combo early on was hot though
Thx, if you were using Ganon at Pound and beat me, then I remember you. There was this one really good Ganon main that I had never heard of...I also remember playing another Ganon main and beating him (was that one you? Big guy with a beard I think?)

I found a couple of techniques that work on him like a charm, but I tend to be a bit inconsistent. I'm working on it though. Playing against a phenomenal player like him is forcing me to stop making mistakes.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Both matches were great in aspects of spacing. My friend plays Ganon an I use Mr.G&W/FOX, what you did when SideFX was trying several times to get back on reminds me of my friend(uair);its a good tactic.

It could be better if SideFX tried to read your mind more(try to predict what you will do) like books, respectfully of course to bring a better show to us!!!

Mainly refering to SideFX. Why? I saw you/Ganon playing it slower trying to openbhim up by mindgames like neutral a to get him to attack you(he bought into this multiple times). I think it's because of the type of match up Fox(less mindgames needed because of speed that allows built up damage on Ganon much easier than Ganon trying to built up damage on Fox.

I find it the less mindgames used the less intense the match thus a more defensive style with good spacing if created

^I just thought that was wanting from him. There can be more of this for a drive to instill in them to bring a better show(intensity), and to have serious fun which is most important^

How people react with others acting is what entertains me, more so much than Tech skill since I understand tech skill can be achieved easier threw practice repeatedly unlike to comparisons of reading minds.

people need to experience for themselves low tier. I considered the date of the match and the weather to help me on this assumption, proclivity of fit fighting style for this time.

---------
CLASS OF 2009!

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Ill be sure to play sidefx and record some vids when I go to houston for christmas.
He's looking forward to playing you, he has lots of Ganon experience thx to me, so just be ready for it. The truth is, he often 3 stocks me, so I'm going to put one of those online today. I think that the reason I started doing better in these 2 matches is because I remembered a couple of things I had seen you do against fox. For example, instead of l-canceling whiffed Fairs into Jabs, I just l-canceled them into retreating Uairs. I'm suprised how well that worked. I stole that directly from your matches against fox :bee:

TidalWave

Smash Apprentice
YOU SO HAD SHEIK! Great vids. No critiques at the moment. Did you guys agree not to (over)use chaingrabbing?

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
" I downloaded this Magic Boss Key thing so I can just hit F12 and hide everything in an emergency. Haha"
that intrigues me.
good stuff clue. SBS (****ty brawl syndrom) should wear off with a few more smash sessions.
maybe if im ever in texas or if you come to norcal we can play.

petoo0

Smash Ace
haha cool matches against alan, I crew with him. you almost had him.
some advice on edge guarding sheik though is just to grab the ledge. Sometimes you tried to do too much and he made it back and you died once -___-. Grabbing the ledge and stalling they are forced to either go straight up or on the stage...so you can just ledge hop and grab or f-tilt them if they went straight up.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
haha cool matches against alan, I crew with him. you almost had him.
some advice on edge guarding sheik though is just to grab the ledge. Sometimes you tried to do too much and he made it back and you died once -___-. Grabbing the ledge and stalling they are forced to either go straight up or on the stage...so you can just ledge hop and grab or f-tilt them if they went straight up.
thx for the advice. I need to fight more Sheik's and Falcos :/
I usually camp on the edge to force them to land on the stage, but I guess sometimes I got frantic and nervous cuz I wanted to win so badly. I just need to get more confidence in the matchup.

Renth

Smash Hero
that sheiks never lost to a ganon player? heh. Your new vids are crazy impressive keep up the good work. and send that sheik player to my place i'll beat em even with my 9 months of rust

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
i doubt you'll be able to beat aesis's sheik. Keep in mind Aesis hasn't really played in over 6 months..

but who knows, I might be wrong.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
i haven't played in 9 and i like playing sheiks.
I thought I liked playing Sheiks also...but then I ran into a Sheik with some real skill. He just kinda chuckled when I picked Ganon and had a sorta "you'll never win" attitude. None of his other characters were a problem (his Marth went about even with my Ganon), but when he picked Sheik it was....just ****

I really want to see a Ganon beat his Sheik. A single win can happen, but when a Ganon beats his sheik majority, brix will be ****.

petoo0

Smash Ace
that sheiks never lost to a ganon player? heh. Your new vids are crazy impressive keep up the good work. and send that sheik player to my place i'll beat em even with my 9 months of rust
haha renth it's funny but I do think you or linguni could beat alan (aesis). but trust me mangz that wasn't him at his best.

still come to the west coast I want to play with you haha

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
haha renth it's funny but I do think you or linguni could beat alan (aesis). but trust me mangz that wasn't him at his best.

still come to the west coast I want to play with you haha
Those were the only 2 matches that I even came close to beating him. I did upload one of the matches in which he 3 stocked me with Sheik.

I REALLY wanna see what Linguini can do to this guy. Linguini just doesn't make any mistakes, he's not human O_O

Renth

Smash Hero
Those were the only 2 matches that I even came close to beating him. I did upload one of the matches in which he 3 stocked me with Sheik.

I REALLY wanna see what Linguini can do to this guy. Linguini just doesn't make any mistakes, he's not human O_O
oh hush he makes mistakes like everyone else. no hate to him of course i love the guy.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Ive said it before and ill say it again. Clue=overrated.
What? Nobody has even rated me haha. People don't even know who I am other than Houston area smashers.

You talked crap about me before? Aww :( I'm disappointed in you...

Also, people don't know me around here so much as a phenominal player, just a beginner who climbed the ranks very quickly.

Edited for accuracy: :) Keep up the great job.
Thx for the encouragement ^_^

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Clue has never seemed arrogant to me whatsoever. His contributions to the Ganon boards have been nothing but beneficial.. and seriously, he's got a **** solid Ganon.

Where are your vids at Zenji? I'm anticipating a weak attempt to copy Linguini's style. Prove me wrong.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I thought Mouf quit for drugs and Halo? His DK is a beast.
He's good at multitasking :)

Also, Aesis is hardly a good sheik and Renth would **** him.
What I had with him were simple friendlies, they mean nothing really. But from what he told me, many Ganon mains have tried, and many have failed. But perhaps, ole' Renth could do it.

Linguini

Smash Master
Clue is pretty **** good ,you got alot of potential man but I know you live in the ****hole for melee(no offense) so it's tough to get exp points.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Clue is pretty **** good ,you got alot of potential man but I know you live in the ****hole for melee(no offense) so it's tough to get exp points.
Seriously, I'm one of the sole survivors in a state dominated by Brawl. The same guy that made melee big in the Houston area, tore it down and replaced it with an abomination :(

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
oh, mouf.
he was the first person to tell me that i was harder to play than kos-mos. it meant a lot for oklahoma not sucking, lol.

nice matches, perhaps i should drive down a few hours this summer for some ganon dittos :D especially since OK has suffered the same brawl fate.

Top Bottom