• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clouderz Metaknight

Clouderz

Smash Ace
Well, here are some vids of me, i dont really know why im going to post these up, i guess i could use some advice, idc, anything you got, give me

**Note. This is ONLINE, online play effects me in NO WAY, i still win all the tournaments i go to, and i WILL have offline vids on Sunday-ish. I dont need any pep talk from anyone about online <stares at affinity>

okay, these matches are me vs valdens he is a GnW player and he's pretty good, best of 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXnlXN3ydNQ - match 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W1CM-c9W3A - match 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGKtPChOJeM - match 3

another **Note. They're really laggy at the start, but dont piss your pants, they get way better. I also noticed i used shuttle loop when i didnt need to. Soo yeah

enjoy =)

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I dont need any pep talk from anyone about online <stares at affinity>
lol I gave up that rant a long time ago
even if WiFi IS terrible for MK, no matter what anyone chooses to believe.

-Work on your spacing. Its not bad, you just got hit by a lot of B-airs that you could've avoided. Try making a habit of empty SHing backwards instead of rolling backwards all the time; this is something I also need to work on.

-Don't try tornadoing your opponent off the top if your opponent is a light character like G&W; leave that awesome kill for the fatties. Any decent light-character user will learn to DI out of it, leaving you vulnerable.

-GIMP! I didn't even see you attempt to gimp your opponent's recovery. You're Meta Knight! Gimping's his specialty; Use it.

Hope I helped
-Affinity

Ijuka

Smash Ace
He's pretty good? If spamming bairs and fairs and smashes is pretty good to you, sure. The GaW played really predictably and arguably stupidly, spamming a lot of smashes for no reason whatsoever, and running into your fsmashes numerous times. He also was really straight-forward with his approaches and playing overall. So I wouldn't really call him "pretty good"... Unless he plays better offline.

Your MetaKnight too seemed to just attack randomly without considering what your opponent could do. You in my opinion didn't really try to fake him out, just straight out attacking and fsmash spam that would not work against a decent player at all.

I suggest you to well, think while playing instead of trying the cool stuff and so on. And those fsmashes were like "I hope he gets dumb and runs into this." That shouldn't work against good players. You rolled way too often and your play was quite ineffective overall... I guess that's about it :/

I'd say that with patient play and thinking and faking, an opponent like that should be beaten more easily.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
lol I gave up that rant a long time ago
even if WiFi IS terrible for MK, no matter what anyone chooses to believe.

-Work on your spacing. Its not bad, you just got hit by a lot of B-airs that you could've avoided. Try making a habit of empty SHing backwards instead of rolling backwards all the time; this is something I also need to work on.

:

-Don't try tornadoing your opponent off the top if your opponent is a light character like G&W; leave that awesome kill for the fatties. Any decent light-character user will learn to DI out of it, leaving you vulnerable.
\

-GIMP! I didn't even see you attempt to gimp your opponent's recovery. You're Meta Knight! Gimping's his specialty; Use it.
\

Hope I helped
-Affinity
fat chance of gimping a GnW, how're you gonna do it? the recovery has invincibility frams and that GnW isnt stupid enough to fall for a stage spike

Tornado > GnW's bair and fair and nair -_- what else are you supposed to do against a spamming bair GnW, challenge him with your own F-air? Lol no

:O i'll try that SHing thing instead of rolling, cool =)

He's pretty good? If spamming bairs and fairs and smashes is pretty good to you, sure. The GaW played really predictably and arguably stupidly, spamming a lot of smashes for no reason whatsoever, and running into your fsmashes numerous times. He also was really straight-forward with his approaches and playing overall. So I wouldn't really call him "pretty good"... Unless he plays better offline.

Your MetaKnight too seemed to just attack randomly without considering what your opponent could do. You in my opinion didn't really try to fake him out, just straight out attacking and fsmash spam that would not work against a decent player at all.

I suggest you to well, think while playing instead of trying the cool stuff and so on. And those fsmashes were like "I hope he gets dumb and runs into this." That shouldn't work against good players. You rolled way too often and your play was quite ineffective overall... I guess that's about it :/

I'd say that with patient play and thinking and faking, an opponent like that should be beaten more easily.
Lol k.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Tornado > GnW's bair and fair and nair -_- what else are you supposed to do against a spamming bair GnW, challenge him with your own F-air? Lol no
Read closer

affinity2412 said:
Of course Tornado beats G&W's aerials; that's not what I'm referring to.

fat chance of gimping a GnW, how're you gonna do it? the recovery has invincibility frams and that GnW isnt stupid enough to fall for a stage spike
Only the beginning of G&Ws Up-B has invincibility frames. Plus, that G&W didn't seem that good; go for it. At least try and make it a challenge for G&W to recover.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
Read closer

Of course Tornado beats G&W's aerials; that's not what I'm referring to.

Only the beginning of G&Ws Up-B has invincibility frames. Plus, that G&W didn't seem that good; go for it. At least try and make it a challenge for G&W to recover.
o yeah, i have a habit of tornado killing snakes / D3's / etc lol, and yeah i usually know better than to do that XP , its kinda easy to be gimped by GnW no?

ADHD

Smash Hero
but clouderz r teh best on allisbarlw thar4 HE R TEH BEST METAL NIGHT FOREVERZ

lewk at his raenk it r leik 24-2 LOL dat r jus unbeetabal nd ally r crap compairyd 2 dat clouderz 4leif

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
on AIB matches im pretty sure he sits there and makes his brother press B until time runs out. his MK PWNS.

anyway besides from ur missed up Bs i think its a really solid mk, dont get predicatble with ur back roll as its mks shortest one with invince frames. i also think needs more up air and nair kills on GnW is good

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Clouders your noob you =). Ummm... Btw how bad was the connection? I mean its a 3 person connection cuz you had zori recording this...

Top Bottom