• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[CLOSED] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Star KOs/Screen KOs Toggle Wishlist (and Jigglypuff)

Should there be an option to toggle Star KOs/Screen KOs on or off?

• Yes, that should be a thing (rework Jigglypuff's down special).

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, that should not be a thing (do not rework Jigglypuff's down special).

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
This thread is now useless. RIP.

Also, top KO consistency (iconic Star KOs/Screen KOs only occurring) has no future. :( Calling it right now.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
From what I've seen so far, Star/Screen KOs are returning, but have been noticeably sped up.

A toggle seems like a fair balance since the game looks to be more competitive-friendly than past installments. Stage Hazard toggle is a thing so it's a possibility. If it is included, I hope that there's an option to make top KOs only Star or Screen KOs like in the first three games.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
From what I've seen so far, Star/Screen KOs are returning, but have been noticeably sped up.

A toggle seems like a fair balance since the game looks to be more competitive-friendly than past installments. Stage Hazard toggle is a thing so it's a possibility. If it is included, I hope that there's an option to make top KOs only Star or Screen KOs like in the first three games.
I would hate for the Stage Hazards toggle to be included and not the Star KOs/Screen KOs toggle. So far, it seems nobody wants to talk about it. Either they're too afraid or they just don't care. This isn't looking good for "Smash Ultimate", in terms of top KO randomness.

tiberus8

Smash Cadet
As long as I get to do what I love to do the most, I'm down with the toggle with options. Smash 4 took that away, and it ruined the game for me.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Who decides whether star KO stays or goes when toggling? Is a coin toss or paper-rock-scissors performed to decide the outcome? Does the determination remain static during that tournament, or is there a coin toss or paper-rock-scissors every match or every set? Why not the amount of frames reduced for Rest so that Jigglypuff can wake up before being punished? Since Rest is supposed to be high risk, high reward, by changing the risk, you must also change the reward, which means if Jigglypuff could wake up sooner, the hitbox would have to be smaller or the knock-back would have to be weaker compared to previous titles. There needs to be a balance.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
Who decides whether star KO stays or goes when toggling? Is a coin toss or paper-rock-scissors performed to decide the outcome? Does the determination remain static during that tournament, or is there a coin toss or paper-rock-scissors every match or every set? Why not the amount of frames reduced for Rest so that Jigglypuff can wake up before being punished? Since Rest is supposed to be high risk, high reward, by changing the risk, you must also change the reward, which means if Jigglypuff could wake up sooner, the hitbox would have to be smaller or the knock-back would have to be weaker compared to previous titles. There needs to be a balance.
Well, if not the toggle, at least have only Star KOs/Screen KOs with the stock instantly taken away instead of waiting for the animation to finish.

As for Jigglypuff's Rest being changed entirely from the previous "Smash" games, fat chance of that happening. Only a miracle can make that happen. :(

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well, if not the toggle, at least have only Star KOs/Screen KOs with the stock instantly taken away instead of waiting for the animation to finish.

As for Jigglypuff's Rest being changed entirely from the previous "Smash" games, fat chance of that happening. Only a miracle can make that happen. :(
I'm rather confused by wanting to remove star KO, even though Jigglypuff benefits from it. I know you tried to explain this, but it doesn't seem to resolve anything. Jigglypuff would require for the amount of frames to be reduced. It takes 230 frames (3.83 s) once Rest is used.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
I'm rather confused by wanting to remove star KO, even though Jigglypuff benefits from it. I know you tried to explain this, but it doesn't seem to resolve anything. Jigglypuff would require for the amount of frames to be reduced. It takes 230 frames (3.83 s) once Rest is used.
Well, let's just hope the top KO RNG will be removed when the game is finished. Maybe Jigglypuff will be viable again.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
TO"s will want star KO's off because the tournament will run faster. Whether that's better or worse competitively I can't say, but if the community is split on it they'd turn it off because that'd be their preference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom