• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Close Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord

Set-ups Plz -- As usual

429 Burnage Way Apt 201
Rock Hill, SC 29730

Once you first turn inside "Legacy At Manchester" Park just about anywhere, I'll find you. Meaning don't go all the way to the actual address

Schedule:

Registration starts at 12:00 p.m. -- run late and risk not being in the tourney. Call me if you're going to be late, or else I'll assume you're not coming. (Phone #'s at the bottom of this post)

Brawl Doubles — 1:00 p.m. (If turnout Allows)
Brawl Singels — 3:00 p.m. (If Turnout Allows)

Fees:

—FREE door fee.

—$5 for singles.

—$10 for doubles ($5 each).

Prizes:

Payouts may vary depending on tournament size!

Singles:

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Doubles:

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Rules:

~BRAWL~

Double elimination.
3 stocks, with an 8 minute time limit.
All items are off. no smash balls.

Stage Selection:

Neutral—

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counter picks—

Yoshi's Island
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium I
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd

Banned—

ALL OTHER STAGES

Additional Rules for Teams Play

Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

Redwood Counter Pick System

Blind Picks character selection.
Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
The first match is played.
Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
The winning player of preceding match picks character.
The losing player picks character.
The next match is played.
Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

Recommendations to Tournament Hosts

Players are responsible for their own general welfare in regards to the tournament. In other words, players are responsible for:

*Being familiar with the rule set and stage list
*Entrance and venue fees
*Arriving on time
*Maintaining personal hygiene
*Controllers and Character Knowledge
*Minimizing Johns

The Tournament Host reserves the right at any time to make anyone leave the premises of the tournament.
For all Melee tournaments, use of the character Metaknight is banned.

Notes:

If you get lost/need more information -- (0megaZer0) 803-389-9211 or you can call the actual complex (where the tourney is) for directions -- (Manchester Legacy) 803-329-7599

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Depending on the number of people we have, you're better off going for a 70/30 1st/2nd split instead of wasting 10 percent on 3rd place, IMO. That goes double for teams. Get it? double? no but seriously.

Unless we have a good number.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I found them...lawl

I made some small edits....but yeah, it's not word for word

Also, I hear you RC, but I did mention in the OP that Payouts depend on tourney size...so that includes 70/30 slpits lol

and the fan favorite -- Winner Take all!

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Oh, we were most definitely not on anyones ****....

That my friend would label us as San Fransico (HELL NAW)

But I do realize you were used to P4 rules lol -- Dill was just fcking with you (NO HOMO)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
the new rules are ****ing stupid. Pokemon Stadium off the random is ****ing stupid.

and if I recall that means Mute City and Corneria are perma-banned.

So if you're gonna edit them all in, Omega...

and Yay... I really do ****ing hate you sometimes. Not a joke. You're not a traitor if you were never one of us to begin with.

edit : can you tell I'm angry by all the asterisks?
edit : If you're wondering why it's because I've been exercising and dieting hard as **** and for some reason have started gaining weight back. ****ing gay *** stupid **** **** piss **** look at all those asterisks jesus.

Yay if you ever would give me a straight answer about why you never played with me for the last like 3 years then I would feel a lot better. even if it was something hurtful or whatever. the truth is all I ever wanted.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I'm there. ;)
grape **** buddy
the new rules are ****ing stupid. Pokemon Stadium off the random is ****ing stupid.

and if I recall that means Mute City and Corneria are perma-banned.

So if you're gonna edit them all in, Omega...

and Yay... I really do ****ing hate you sometimes. Not a joke. You're not a traitor if you were never one of us to begin with.

edit : can you tell I'm angry by all the asterisks?
edit : If you're wondering why it's because I've been exercising and dieting hard as **** and for some reason have started gaining weight back. ****ing gay *** stupid **** **** piss **** look at all those asterisks jesus.

Yay if you ever would give me a straight answer about why you never played with me for the last like 3 years then I would feel a lot better. even if it was something hurtful or whatever. the truth is all I ever wanted.
A: I just like P4 rules so I can choose to never go to gay stages like Battlefield or FoD first, or whatever else. Stage striking is so much better than random. I like having the option of narrowing it down manually than some ****ing random generated stage that might **** me over but I couldn't ban it because if I lose game 1 they take me to Brinstar or something gay game 3 and I auto-lose anyway. Do I like Stadium? Yes. Do I like it enough to have to deal with random ****? No. If you need Stadium on neutral to win, it's just a crutch for your character.

B: I was never SC? Haha, okay. That's why I always put my location down at large tournaments to be SC, always tell people I'm from SC and all of that fantastic stuff. Not only that, I would team with you over other, better people just to show SC pride and team with one of my own. BUT ALRIGHT. I was under the impression that the "He's basically NC and I'm basically GA" thing was all a joke.

Just because I'm on NC's PRs doesn't mean a thing, it just means I go there enough to be considered for their state PRs. I go to every single tournament they have. Why not put me on the PRs? SC doesn't even have PRs, and if they did it'd be me on some majestic pedestal above the other... what? Four or five people who play in this state?

Oh well, at this point I don't really care and am content with being considered "NC" now since all of the other things don't matter. Dwam!

C: I never played with anyone. It was always John, Carroll and Rashad right here in Florence unless there was a tournament around. I told you if we could secure a place here then you could come up, but those ideas always go squashed and never brought back up until 3 months later when you would yell at me about it. I have already told you this but I guess forgetting it so you can continue being pissed about it is alright too.

In summary, P4 rules are better, I'm NC now because I was never SC to begin with (lol), and I just restated something that I've said numerous times before.

Alrighty then..

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Stage Striking is still there so actually, it's fine just strike it out

While I simply say, if you are a great player, or plan to be one.

Step Your game up, the best players can play ALL MOST anywhere...of course it's smash and we ALL get caught but the best guys can play everywhere regardless of mistakes the stage makes (or themselves)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Okay Yay, I'll just put it like this. I thought we had a friendship, but it was all business to you. You only came across me when there was a tournament, blah blah blah. You can say whatever the hell you want about it, and maybe it is my fault, but it hurt me a lot when I realized you didn't want to be friends with me and I was just another smash guy.

But the first time you DID come play me and John when there was NO tournament... then you didn't after that, it was all tournament meet-ups. And what I said about "never being SC" is how you never wanted to do anything with any of us unless a tournament was involved. Call me whatever you like, but if someone doesn't really want to get involved with his state, it just doesn't seem like he cares.

You can't see things from my perspective because you're so much better than me now. Do you know how badly I wanted to play someone I couldn't beat? Sitting there beating John/Terence/Mazen whoever over and over, yeah I can have fun doing that, but I'm not going to get a whole lot better. I wanted you to come here, or me to go there, or anything. I just wanted to get better. So I took it personally when you didn't play me, or even give me straight answers about it. This is how a conversation would look.

me : yeah funny stuff
you : haha funny yes
me : so I'm free this weekend
me : maybe we could meet up and play melee
*2 hours later*
you : yeah that stuff was funny

so look, that is why it hurt me, and causes me to say all kinds of irrational bull **** like some crazy pregnant woman on steroids. I misunderstood what was there between us and I take friendships very seriously. Maybe too seriously. I wrote a short story with you in it and you didn't say anything to me about it, so I assumed you didn't like it, and that hurt, too.

By the way, just for the record, we only teamed in Melee twice if I recall correctly. Once in NC where we played as Ken and Isai and got ****ed up, and then once at Scha's where we got 2nd place to Carter and 112. And I was never as good as you so yes, teaming with me would be hurting your chances, so I understand that. But it's not like we teamed a whole lot.

And then P4 rules. Saying "needing Pokemon Stadium" is a crutch? How about not being able to play on any stage with your character? We can't agree on this matter so discussing it doesn't really do anything except each other thinking we're right.

Want to say I'm sorry for bringing stupid **** up like this, also. I keep forgetting things are not how I wanted them to be. So I'll ask for your forgiveness Michael. I don't think you'll be able to understand even if I keep trying to explain so I'll just stop now.

guess I'm not coming to this by the way

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I could respond to that, but I've already responded to all of those accusations at least twice so I think I'll let you think what you want to at this point. It's obvious I can't change what you think and I can't change the past either.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Man...wouldn't a house smashfest work just fine...IMO

I mean, I would do that if I really wanted to play with people...a few peeps on the couch playing smash lol

coolklm121

Smash Cadet
i'm down to smash with anyone anytime i'm not working! Just PM me and we can make arrangements! I'm very flexible for smash!

coolklm121

Smash Cadet
also i want to say i'll be at this one, but I duzzint knowz if i'm workin that day yetzz, if i do go then i can bring a full setup!

Lareit

Smash Ace
Okay Yay, I'll just put it like this. I thought we had a friendship, but it was all business to you. You only came across me when there was a tournament, blah blah blah. You can say whatever the hell you want about it, and maybe it is my fault, but it hurt me a lot when I realized you didn't want to be friends with me and I was just another smash guy.

But the first time you DID come play me and John when there was NO tournament... then you didn't after that, it was all tournament meet-ups. And what I said about "never being SC" is how you never wanted to do anything with any of us unless a tournament was involved. Call me whatever you like, but if someone doesn't really want to get involved with his state, it just doesn't seem like he cares.

You can't see things from my perspective because you're so much better than me now. Do you know how badly I wanted to play someone I couldn't beat? Sitting there beating John/Terence/Mazen whoever over and over, yeah I can have fun doing that, but I'm not going to get a whole lot better. I wanted you to come here, or me to go there, or anything. I just wanted to get better. So I took it personally when you didn't play me, or even give me straight answers about it. This is how a conversation would look.

me : yeah funny stuff
you : haha funny yes
me : so I'm free this weekend
me : maybe we could meet up and play melee
*2 hours later*
you : yeah that stuff was funny

so look, that is why it hurt me, and causes me to say all kinds of irrational bull **** like some crazy pregnant woman on steroids. I misunderstood what was there between us and I take friendships very seriously. Maybe too seriously. I wrote a short story with you in it and you didn't say anything to me about it, so I assumed you didn't like it, and that hurt, too.

By the way, just for the record, we only teamed in Melee twice if I recall correctly. Once in NC where we played as Ken and Isai and got ****ed up, and then once at Scha's where we got 2nd place to Carter and 112. And I was never as good as you so yes, teaming with me would be hurting your chances, so I understand that. But it's not like we teamed a whole lot.

And then P4 rules. Saying "needing Pokemon Stadium" is a crutch? How about not being able to play on any stage with your character? We can't agree on this matter so discussing it doesn't really do anything except each other thinking we're right.

Want to say I'm sorry for bringing stupid **** up like this, also. I keep forgetting things are not how I wanted them to be. So I'll ask for your forgiveness Michael. I don't think you'll be able to understand even if I keep trying to explain so I'll just stop now.

guess I'm not coming to this by the way
Hahahahaha. Could you be any more of a -****ing loser?

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
aww this makes me a lil sad. But anyway.

@ Coolk .We could definetely play sometime. Oh and I heard you might play Guilty Gear. My friends are reall big on that. And the new blaze. You'll never have to worry about peeps to find to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom