• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Close This Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Malechai

Smash Cadet
Honestly, this game has focused more on mindgames than *insert technique*
Second, to blame the reason why you're quitting to a specific character's moves is being naive. Maybe some characters have strong points against others, but that's always gonna be there. Play around it and do what you can.

ShortAssassin

Smash Journeyman
I can't tell if you're more upset about the general gameplay (tripping, etc) or the nerf to Gannon in general. If the latter, have you considered picking up a new character?

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Haha I love complaints. You dont like brawl, sucks for you. Im sure the 5 gazillion other people (me included) wont really give a ****.

HiIH

Smash Lord
I like how everyone who is being a douchebag these days to people they think are douchebags about brawl are mostly all new people to the boards.

Seriously.

Geist

Smash Master
Seriously people, if Renth feels like qitting Brawl, don't flame. Its called freedom to do whatever the **** you want, you're getting worked up over someone's opinion of a game. It's not like it affects you. I know it doesn't affect me at all >_>
Jesus christ some people these days. Besides, Renth is a pretty kewl guy.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
*Shrug* this thread IS pretty dumb, but the way I look at it-- well-known established smashers can get away with this kind of thing. I put far more stock in this opinion coming from someone like Renth than I would from all the scrubs in this thread.

It doesn't hurt that I sympathize with the frustration expressed in the OP, though I'm still having fun with the game.

MrSquinshee

Smash Cadet
Seriously people, if Renth feels like qitting Brawl, don't flame. Its called freedom to do whatever the **** you want, you're getting worked up over someone's opinion of a game. It's not like it affects you. I know it doesn't affect me at all >_>
Yeah, but it's not like we care if he continues playing Brawl or not. I'm not losing sleep over his whiny complaints. We'd think more highly of him if he stuck to Brawl rather than simply complaining about it an quiting before it's even been out for a month.

And honestly, I severely doubt that he's quiting if he's coming back to this topic to restate his 'authority'. If this isn't the case, good riddance. You're another annoying, condescending jerk that the Brawl community simply doesn't need.

(Awaiting the inevitable)

bayonettrials

Smash Cadet
Well, playing brawl was a complete waste of time. Playing a match he goes to grab me and trips, I try to grab him and I trip, then I get F smashed by DDD? Ganons so bad it's not even funny, if a ganon beats a zelda that zelda should never play the game again... Ever.. Falcos broken laser/reflecting camping/CGing off the stage into spikes GAY.

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

MrSquinshee

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but it's not like we care if he continues playing Brawl or not. I'm not losing sleep over his whiny complaints. We'd think more highly of him if he stuck to Brawl rather than simply complaining about it an quiting before it's even been out for a month.

And honestly, I severely doubt that he's quiting if he's coming back to this topic to restate his 'authority'. If this isn't the case, good riddance. Renth is another annoying, condescending jerk that the Brawl community simply doesn't need.

(Awaiting the inevitable)

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Is this a joke topic Renth? Because last time I read something you wrote, you seemed miles away from quitting Brawl.

Edit: Bayonett ruined this page.

Crevelyan

Smash Cadet
No one is flaming his quitting. It's the crying that's getting the attention.

kario_mart

Smash Cadet
brawl IS slower, and melee IS better but you shouldnt totally trash it because one character, even if hes ur best, got nerfed. try GaW, hes awesome and D3 is good too

Sumtime

Smash Cadet

Do you really think that people would have responded the way they did if he didn't call the first person (who by the way responded very casually) a "****ing scrub"? You yourself got way too worked up. GG.

Me thinks Renth is throwing a temper tantrum.

Me also thinks Renth is a very narrow minded person who can't accept change.

Me lastly thinks that nuff' is said.

Replacement100

Smash Apprentice
Well, playing brawl was a complete waste of time. Playing a match he goes to grab me and trips, I try to grab him and I trip, then I get F smashed by DDD? Ganons so bad it's not even funny, if a ganon beats a zelda that zelda should never play the game again... Ever.. Falcos broken laser/reflecting camping/CGing off the stage into spikes GAY.
Hint: Nobody cares.

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
c'mon, ganon isn't all that bad... I win a ton of matches with him. Here are some combos I use:

You can B left/right him and then follow up immediately with a punch doing a good chunk of damage. If the character di's in the right direction, you can repeat. If he can't be hit with the punch, you have to either down a him (if he attacks right off the ground) or smash downwards (if he rolls backwards). If he rolls away from you, follow with a b down. If you hit him with an a down tilt, you can maybe follow up with the next combo.

You can B up him and smash him to the ground, following with a b down. Even a hairpin messes this combo up, but it lands sometimes. Does good damage too.

Don't go : (

You are the only other guy with stuff from "the return of ganandorf" in his siggy...

One_With_Sumthing

Smash Apprentice
Do you really think that people would have responded the way they did if he didn't call the first person (who by the way responded very casually) a "****ing scrub"? You yourself got way too worked up. GG.

Me thinks Renth is throwing a temper tantrum.

Me also thinks Renth is a very narrow minded person who can't accept change.

Me lastly thinks that nuff' is said.
You condescending [insert 50 other synonyms of condescending] !%#%$#%$^&$%&%&$%^#$%@%$%&!!!
Obviously, he's throwing a temper tantrum.
Does this mean he's a narrow-minded person who can't accept change?
Lastly, do you honestly think that this is a solemn thread? :p

[everything I said above is not to be taken seriously by the way]

El Drago

Smash Cadet
****it, it makes me sad to see people quit, especially if they are good as well as inspiring.

ganon does suck, but the point of playing games is to have fun. losing all the time does suck, so i understand that.

i guess just main someone else and play ganon in friendlies and stuff, that all i can say. who knows what new techniques people will learn in the future, keep at it, quitting sux.

also, your kinda handling this poorly, name calling is lame man. its not like anyone is going to cry or kill themselves because you said you are quitting.

DimSum

Smash Rookie
I'd be more psyched at the fact that you live in Colver (I live in Philly) if you weren't such a **** head. Seriously, it's been said before here, adapt or gtfo. I was miffed that they sorta' nurfed IC, but I got over it. Picked up new chars, and now it's all good. =/

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
You obviously don't understand...Once a Ganon player...ALWAYS a Ganon player(at heart)...

Also...Bizzarro and Renth...any chance of getting your brawl FC's?

Blackadder

Smash Master
You're right, i didn't use aerials at any point what was i thinking!?!

**** you scrub
hahaha so many stupid scrubs in this thread.

i'd beat you all at brawl and melee.
There's really no reason to insult everyone like that... namingly with the first comment, I don't think that guy meant any offense to you.

It's fine that you don't like Brawl and prefer Melee, but calling everyone who thinks otherwise a "scrub" seems a bits self-rightious.

Though I'm going to fullyagree with you on Ganon and how he is in Brawl. :(
I'm not having the best time using him at all. Still, as I've always said;
When it comes to your main, you've got to be Loyal To The End.

(I admit. I love saying that! :laugh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom