• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Close Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
This turned into a debate hall disscussion.
So yeah this can be closed.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So what, are they inferior to you legal aliens?

I don't see how this affects you.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Lol samuel jackson.

But you can't really blame them for coming over into this country illegally. To apply for citizen ship can take up to 5 to 15 years =/ if people want something bad enough they'll find a way to get it. So they cross over illegally and get jobs at less than minimum wage.
But they don't pay taxes do they?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Life isn't fair.

In all seriousness, this is why I am an anarchist now. **** American government.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I don't see how this affects you.
This completely affects me.
This affects america, right?
If this keeps happening American will go into even MORE debt.
I'm sorry but I'm worried about my country.
And no one in my family came here with the legal process, I just can't believe America is letting these people get away with it.
Oh and barge do you REALLY think they pay taxes?

Leekduck

Smash Cadet
I think its strange how americans go on about how america is ""the land of the free"" and how theres a ""massive drug war in mexico"" and are then suprised when people want to move??

theres illegal immigrants in britain too by the way, Difference is most of the UK doesent care

""if you want to move from the sunny tropics, To Birmingham, Someone is trying to kill you""- Frankie Boyle

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I think its strange how americans go on about how america is ""the land of the free"" and how theres a ""massive drug war in mexico"" and are then suprised when people want to move??
Just because it's the "Land of the Free" doesn't mean there arn't rules.
:014:
edit: And I'm not surprised they are coming in, I'm surprised America isn't stopping this.

Leekduck

Smash Cadet
What ""Rules"" do illegal immigrants brak apart from not paying Tax

By the way alot of Illegal immigrants do jobs that most americans dont want to do

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I think illegal immigration could be the leading cause of California's 20 gigadollar debt. California's state government handled it in all the wrong ways.

Also, a show I watched satired illegal immigration by depicting people from a millennium into the future coming back to our time looking for work. It's where the infamous quote, "Dey t'k-er jiiibs", originated.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Alot of the farm workers in california are illegal immigrants, How could they cause debt?
1. Not paying taxes they owe.
2. getting tons of benefits that even AMERICANS arn't getting.

Why don't people see the word Illegal?

Leekduck

Smash Cadet
1. Not paying taxes they owe.
2. getting tons of benefits that even AMERICANS arn't getting.

Why don't people see the word Illegal?
They do see the word illegal, they just dont care

lots of americans get benefits, And its not like illegal immigrants dont work

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Alot of the farm workers in california are illegal immigrants, How could they cause debt?
If I remember correctly, a lot of California's money went towards paying for benefits for illegal aliens. If not, my memory's foggy.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I can imagine hard-working construction workers building their salaries to where they can make a decent living, only to lose everything when the immigrants come over here and ask to do the same work for less money.

Leekduck

Smash Cadet
The truth is alot of Illegal immigrants dont make a decent living because they arent payed enough, mostley regarded as cheap labour since theyde do anything to stay in the country

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
You do realize that Illegal Aliens contribute to the economy, don't you?

They keep the farms running, do work that Americans simply don't want to do at low prices, decrease the price of food, etc.

I guarantee you that if you removed all the illegal aliens in the US, food prices will increase A LOT.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
No, they are not doing jobs other americans don't want to do.

They coming over illegally, not paying taxes, using our tax money to pay for themselves, and taking jobs away from people who are here legally. Im sure that if we took out all the illegal immigrant, then all those jobs would be taken up by legal citizens who deserve to be here. Unemplyment is getting higher and higher, so they would be taken. If you don't come over here legally, then you shouldnt be here at all. Do it right. And it does affect everyone in this nation, so dont say it doesnt affect you.

The word Illegal says it all....

Leekduck

Smash Cadet

They coming over illegally, not paying taxes, using our tax money to pay for themselves, and taking jobs away from people who are here legally. Im sure that if we took out all the illegal immigrant, then all those jobs would be taken up by legal citizens who deserve to be here. If you don't come over here legally, then you shouldnt be here at all. Do it right. And it does affect everyone in this nation, so dont say it doesnt affect you.

If there are so many ""legal"" americans wanting to be Cleaners or farm workers, Why arent Illegal immigrants simply replaced by them??

Theres reasons they dont pay tax, First of

1. Illegal immigrants are often too poor to become legal immigrants, also Crossing over legally is actualy very difficult

2. if they go to register, then people will discover that there not legal

3. they then get deported, To where they can face anything from, persecution and poverty to death

(by the way, theres illegal immigrants in britain and nobody cares over here,)

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski

They coming over illegally, not paying taxes, using our tax money to pay for themselves, and taking jobs away from people who are here legally. Im sure that if we took out all the illegal immigrant, then all those jobs would be taken up by legal citizens who deserve to be here. Unemplyment is getting higher and higher, so they would be taken. If you don't come over here legally, then you shouldnt be here at all. Do it right. And it does affect everyone in this nation, so dont say it doesnt affect you.

THANK YOU.
THIS
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.
Thank you so much.

Edit: 2. if they go to register, then people will discover that there not legal
THEN DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

You do realize that Illegal Aliens contribute to the economy, don't you?
By not paying taxes? no, inform me
They keep the farms running, do work that Americans simply don't want to do at low prices, decrease the price of food, etc.
This doesn't come CLOSE to what we lose because of them taking advantage of our "food stamps" stuff that we give them (Which we shouldn't)
I guarantee you that if you removed all the illegal aliens in the US, food prices will increase A LOT.
Read above.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

That might be true but America was founded by illegals. That takes up to years to do and most people who come here illegally are trying to have a better life, I know that's what my parents did when they came here illegally.

Leekduck

Smash Cadet
THANK YOU.
THIS
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.
Thank you so much.

Edit: 2. if they go to register, then people will discover that there not legal
THEN DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

Quite often they cant cross over legally because THERE OFTEN TOO POOR TO GET A PASSPORT,

zeldspazz

Smash Master
If there are so many ""legal"" americans wanting to be Cleaners or farm workers, Why arent Illegal immigrants simply replaced by them??

Theres reasons they dont pay tax, First of

1. Illegal immigrants are often too poor to become legal immigrants, also Crossing over legally is actualy very difficult

2. if they go to register, then people will discover that there not legal

3. they then get deported, To where they can face anything from, persecution and poverty to death
They are not being replaced because they are bargaining the owners. If the owners keep it a secret that the workers are illegal, then the illegal workers will work for a very low price. Its a scam against legal citizens.

1) Guess what. Our ancestors came over here with years of hard work and nothing when they arrived. They eventually were able to live their lives. Why dont they do the same. Nobody said it was going to be easy. Why should it be?

2) Dont be illegal in the first place and you wont have that problem. Duh?

3) They are ILLEGAL! They broke the law! Why should they be rewarded, they should be punished for coming in illegally! They wanted their freedom, but they tried to get it by lying, cheating, and scamming. That should not be rewarded

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Quite often they cant cross over legally because THERE OFTEN TOO POOR TO GET A PASSPORT,
Then DONT COME IN.
And you might say "But they wont get jobs and die of hunger" but it would be better than doing something illegal and us "babying" them.
Honestly, I feel really bad about them not getting jobs and dieing and stuff, but don't do something illegal and hurt someone else because of it.
Edit: What Zelda said, DON'T REWARD PEOPLE FOR BAD BEHAVIOR!

Leekduck

Smash Cadet
First off, Illegal immigrants do work, very hard, and alot of americans immigrants were rich landowners thaty inherited from their parents

Secondly, Do you know how hard it is to become legal, I said before, For most illegal immigrants its almost impossible to get a passport

3. Oh so youd rather have them deported to a country like saudi arabia were you can get stoned for Bieng a women who drives, Just because they dont have a passport, Well if you care more about wealthy taxpayers then Poor Workers

zeldspazz

Smash Master
First off, Illegal immigrants do work, very hard, and alot of americans immigrants were rich landowners thaty inherited from their parents

Secondly, Do you know how hard it is to become legal, I said before, For most illegal immigrants its almost impossible to get a passport

3. Oh so youd rather have them deported to a country like saudi arabia were you can get stoned for Bieng a women who drives, Just because they dont have a passport, Well if you care more about wealthy taxpayers then Poor Workers
So, legal Americans dont work hard? And what history book are you reading, a small minority had rich relatives when they immigrated.

Earn the passport, save your money, WORK HARD! Its not easy, but if you want it enough to cheat the system then you should want it enough to work for it. Sure it could take 5, 10, even 20 years of work before you get there. Im sorry for people that are that unfortunate, but being ILLEGAL is not how you earn your freedom in America. My ancestor came over after years of labor and hard work in Italy. His house didnt have a floor and he had a family to support. He did it legally, and he did it well with his detirmination, knowing it was the right thing to do.

Like I said, its very unfortunate that people have a life like that in Saudi Arabia, my heart goes out to them, truly. But, if they come over illegally, now they are wanted in 1 country, and in poverty/discriminsed in another. They made their life harder, and is now part of why so much taxes are being taken from legal Americans.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
It is illegal in this country to come over like that, why don't you understand this? Yes, they would be better off if they were here (Altho they don't pay taxes and take advantage of food stamps) it is still illegal to come over gere.
Yes I have heard about it but that is what it takes to come over here
No, I wouldn't, but it is illegal to come into here like this.
And what about the people that DID do it illegaly? Isn't a slap in the face?
What if you worked and worked to get through Colledge and you pass, but someone who didn't even GO to colledge graduate?
(needs to learn how to spell colledge -_-)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Then DONT COME IN.
I'm not sure if you know but most people don't have a choice. They know the consequences of what they are doing and yet, they are willing to take that risk. That shows that they really want to be in this country.
And you might say "But they wont get jobs and die of hunger" but it would be better than doing something illegal and us "babying" them.
Are you actually suggesting that they stay in their country and probably die than to try to coming to this country illegally and have a better life?
Honestly, I feel really bad about them not getting jobs and dieing and stuff, but don't do something illegal and hurt someone else because of it.
Edit: What Zelda said, DON'T REWARD PEOPLE FOR BAD BEHAVIOR!
Well its either them or that person and they aren't bad people or have bad behavior though your reallly describing them to seem that way.

Leekduck

Smash Cadet
I will say it again

for most illegal immigrants it is close impossible to get a passport, or to get Money for that matter because they dont Get payed enough, And when your life is in danger, your not going to stop to wait 20 years for paperwork

And by the way the idea that America is based on illegal immigration stems more from the fact that, there was people in america before the europeans started colonising

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Well its either them or that person and they aren't bad people or have bad behavior though your reallly describing them to seem that way.
Not bad people, my heart goes out to people that desperate.
Bad actions and judgment that is affecting this country as a whole.

Edit: Ill be back I gotta unload the groceries XD

Leekduck

Smash Cadet
I agree with Gamingblack, they arent thinking "Im going to leech of the american benefit system and live a life of luxury", there thinking "I need to get out of here NOW",

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I agree with Gamingblack, they arent thinking "Im going to leech of the american benefit system and live a life of luxury", there thinking "I need to get out of here NOW",
They are doing both.
I know they would be better off here, but doing so is illegal.
I know they are doing it to make their lives better, but we are having problems of our own (America, I'm not talking about the people specifically, I'm talking about america.)
Were in 12 trillion dollars debt and we are giving people who came into this country illegally free money.
America is getting so screwed up with money I'd imagine in a few years the Illegal Aliens would be want to go BACK into mexico (I'm joking, but you get what I mean)

Ehh, I'm worried this is turning into a Debate hall......I wonder if I should put this there........

Leekduck

Smash Cadet
They are doing both.
I know they are doing it to make their lives better, but we are having problems of our own (America, I'm not talking about the people specifically, I'm talking about america.)

What I dont get is, WHy are some people happy to send people to there death over some paperwork?

and, COmpaired to many countries, America has barely any problems

If by debt you mean the credit crunch, That was caused by Homeowners in america and the EU not illegal immigrants, And there are many countrys in deeper debt then that, (Ironically to america and other rich countrys)

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
What I dont get is, WHy are some people happy to send people to there death over some paperwork?
I don't think you get my point......
and, COmpaired to many countries, America has barely any problems
It's getting there sadly.....
We are getting ourselves into tons of debt, I'm worried something will happen in the next few years....

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
They are doing both.
Were in 12 trillion dollars debt and we are giving people who came into this country illegally free money.
You really need to stop saying illegal. It would be like telling a dog that drinking out of the toliet is bad. Doesn't matter to the dog. There are bound to be people who will do something illegal. No matter how many times you say it, its not going to make a difference. Every country has problems.

Leekduck

Smash Cadet
So basicly your saying, Peopple shouldent go to america because america might be getting into too much debt?

and also, Does ""legallity"" really matter in most of these cases, In some countrys its dangerous to stay there, its a matter of safety and/or life and death

Prawn

Smash Master
We should just force companies to pay illegals the same wages they pay americans, that should solve the problem of them "TAKING OUR JAWBBBBBS"

Seriously, this doesn't effect many people on this board I'm guessing.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
So basicly your saying, People shouldent go to america because america might be getting into too much debt?
No, I'm saying they shouldn't because it is illegal, but I am also saying America should stop letting these people in because were going to get into too much debt. And I know Illegal Aliens are still going to come in, of course, were practically INVITING them in, but we should stop letting them in.
Edit: It is affecting my brain because it feelslike it is going to explode and make blood shoot right out of my eyes.
So yes technically it is affecting me.

Leekduck

Smash Cadet
Illegal immigration doesent affect too many people, if it has any effect it has a positive effect

the fact people dont like illegal immigrations because ""we had to get a passport and they dident, its not fair!!"" Seems a bit selfish to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom