• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so last night, while trying to got sleep, a random idea popped into my head for the clone engine. I don't have access to a wii right now, so I can't test it. Is it possible to put, let's say, all the Ganondorf files into the Pikachu folder, and get another Ganondorf, for example? Or, more pratically, could we do that for the alloys?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
No. But a clone engine IS being worked on, it's taking a while because it's a ***** to manufacture.

timothyung

Smash Ace
I tried patching Lucario's and Ike's files with Marth's, but both freezes upon entering the match. I just used the code though. I think it'll freeze even if you replace the files in the ISO.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
I tried patching Lucario's and Ike's files with Marth's, but both freezes upon entering the match. I just used the code though. I think it'll freeze even if you replace the files in the ISO.
hmm...
did you have both the FitCharXX.pac , FitCharXX.pcs, FitChar.pac, and FitCharMotionEtc.pac?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I think that the problem is that the model files are different with varying characters. Same with the animation files. Unless I am making a completely incorrect assumption.

the0person0of03

Smash Rookie
I had the same thought coming home from School today.
I was thinking,"IF there is a folder/area for Popo and Nana separately, then why can't someone just copy-paste Pikachu's files from it's folder and replace every thing pertaining to IC with custom-made Plusle and Minun junk?":******:

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
I had the same thought coming home from School today.
I was thinking,"IF there is a folder/area for Popo and Nana separately, then why can't someone just copy-paste Pikachu's files from it's folder and replace every thing pertaining to IC with custom-made Plusle and Minun junk?":******:
Problem is, IC's folder is shared between Popo and Nana.

Almas

Smash Lord
The Clone Engine isn't a pain to manufacture. I'm too lazy to complete it because I'm aware of it's limitations. All it does it allows the physics codes to treat a different costume as a different character. Compared to the power of PSA, and the technical difficulty of creating physics changes, I just am not motivated to complete it.

What is desired is a code which would allow the loading of different files if a set of criteria is met. But I fear that code is above me and I am apprehensive of trying.

I'm not sure what the intention of this thread is, so I'm locking it. Feel free to continue discussion in a PSA thread or the chat thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom