• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cleaning up the Competition- DLN-002 Roll Support Thread

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm liking where this is going. Heck, they could just recycle Mega Man's other unused custom moves for her if they go the Echo route.
Well there's plant man's weapon for down special and the Ice Slasher could be reworked as Splash Woman's trident shot but I'm not about the neutral.

Shadow Blade or Hyper Bomb?

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Well there's plant man's weapon for down special and the Ice Slasher could be reworked as Splash Woman's trident shot but I'm not about the neutral.

Shadow Blade or Hyper Bomb?
I'd pick Hyper Bomb. I'd be pretty comical to see a little girl chuck big cartoon bombs at her foes. They could even reskin the bombs to resemble her bouquet attack from Marvel Vs Capcom.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I'll show my support. Mega Man was one of the few characters in Smash 4 to utilize custom moves in a really innovative and faithful way and it's one of the few negatives to the concept likely being ditched for Ultimate, but Roll would be a great way to carry over some of those abilities. With Chrom proving that Echos still allow for some creativity, having Shadow Blade, Ice Slasher, Plant Barrier, and Beat as her own specials would allow for those customs to live on and a popular mainstay character to become playable.

Oh No You Didn't would be a great cinematic Final Smash (the curry animations every character has would actually work perfectly here so it doesn't require much additional effort), and her Mega Man 8 outfit as an alt costume would be the cherry on top.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm bowled over by the support Roll has.

Cacpcom has be pretty free with adding new stuff to the game with Zero as an Assist, Mega Man X music and Monster Hunter stuff of all games. Maybe we'll get a bit more Mega Man love...

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I'm bowled over by the support Roll has.

Cacpcom has be pretty free with adding new stuff to the game with Zero as an Assist, Mega Man X music and Monster Hunter stuff of all games. Maybe we'll get a bit more Mega Man love...
I hope so, but as always I fear MM will get the shaft compared to Street Fighter.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a topic, which of Roll's outfits is your favorite?

Mine is her Mega Man 8 dress, followed by her race suit from Battle and Chase.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Here's a topic, which of Roll's outfits is your favorite?

Mine is her Mega Man 8 dress, followed by her race suit from Battle and Chase.
Oh, wow! Those two are my favorites as well! With her MM1-7 little red dress following them!

BTW, I just remembered that I made a moveset for Roll some time ago. If you all could tell me what you think of it, I'd appreciate it.

Source: Mega Man

Mega Man's "little sister" has joined the battle! In Smash, Roll has access to a multitude of weapons to help her in battle. However, due to the fact to she was not necessarily built for combat, some of her attacks may seem a bit...underwhelming at first glance. I should mention a few of her moves will be borrowed from Mega Man, but she is certainly NOT a clone of him by any means. As a matter of fact, her moveset is mostly a mix of her movesets in both Marvel vs. Capcom 1&2 and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, with a few added moves from neither games here and there.

That being said, here we go!

Size - About Mega Man's height, if not a bit shorter.
Idle - Shuffles a little bit after standing for so long.
Weight - About as light as Diddy Kong.
Walk speed - About as fast as Luigi.
Dash speed - About as fast as Kirby.
Air attributes - Due to her skirt, she doesn't fall as fast as most characters. Overall, her air game is comparable to Pichu.
Jump - Gets slightly more height than Mega Man.

Jab - A simple jab. Nothing more, nothing less. Her weak punch in MvC 1&2.
S-Tilt - A slightly more forceful punch. Her medium punch in MvC 1&2.
U-Tilt - Roll kicks upwards. If the move is sweetspotted, her foot her opponent will be sent upwards, allowing her to follow up with an aerial attack.
D-Tilt - Roll performs a Slide Kick.
S-Smash - Swings her broom at her opponents, with a dust cloud spawning from the swing. The swung broom will do more knockback and damage, while the dust cloud will do damage, but it will only stun opponents.
U-Smash - Swings her broom above her in an arc.
D-Smash - Sweeps her broom rapidly on each side of her. The properties that apply to her broom when using her S-Smash also apply here, but this time, she sweeps so furiously, that fire is formed from the sweeping instead of just dust, giving her a great defense.
Dash Attack - Roll utilizes the Break Dash weapon from Mega Man V and strikes opponents with a shoulder tackle. Think of Wario's side special move in SSF2, but with its KO potential seriously nerfed.

N-Air - Roll swings her broom around her rapidly while doing a flip. Think of Kirby's midair Hammer in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
F-Air - Roll swings her broom in a downwards arc in front of her. This serves as a Meteor Smash if sweetspotted at the broom itself.
B-Air - Roll swats at opponents behind her in an arc. Think of King Dedede's BAir in Smash 4.
U-Air - Roll tosses a bucket of water above her head.
D-Air - Roll tosses a bucket of water downwards. This time, the bucket is also tossed by Roll, which can gimp recoveries.

N-Special - Roll Buster - Roll fires a chargeable shot from her Roll Buster.
Here's a list of differences from Mega Man's Mega Buster:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unlike Mega Man and his Mega Buster, Roll cannot move around when charging her Roll Buster.
The Roll Buster can also only hit one opponent at a time, similar to all of the Mega Buster's charges, save for the highest charge.
However, it CAN score multiple hits on the one opponent when fully charged, where as a fully-charged Mega Buster hits once and can travel through multiple opponents.
Roll also only has two charges for her Roll Buster, whereas the Mega Buster has 4-5 charges.
If fully charged, Roll can use the move as a "Stall-then-Fall".
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S-Special - Exploding Bouquet - Roll tosses a bouquet of flowers with a bomb hidden inside it. Not too useful outside of gimping recoveries.
U-Special - Tornado Hold - A massive fan suddenly appears underneath Roll, and quickly lifts her up. AMAZING vertical recovery, but AWFUL horizontal recovery.
D-Special - Down Time - Roll gets down in a kneeling position and summons a energy droplet from out of nowhere that heals her. The more you use this move, the less damage will be healed. However, the longest you go without using this move, the droplet will heal about 15-20% of her damage.

Grab - Roll grabs an opponent.
Pummel - Roll slaps her opponent.
F-Throw - Roll judo-throws her opponent forward.
B-Throw - Roll tosses her opponent behind her, this time with an Exploding Bouquet as a going-away present to them as well.
U-Throw - Roll smacks her opponent upwards with her broom.
D-Throw - Roll slams on her opponent with the butt. Think of Luigi and Princess Peach's D-Throws.

FINAL SMASH - Hyper Roll - Her strongest Hyper Combo Finish in the Marvel vs. Capcom games. Roll combines with Rush, Eddie and Beat to transform and attacks by releasing electricity from her antennae, large missiles from her breasts, and energy projectiles shaped like Beat, Rush and Eddie from her abdomen and legs. Roll is better off activating her FS off-stage, as opponents can easily get behind her when this move is about to be used.

U-Taunt - Adjusts and tightens the green bow in her hair.
S-Taunt - Roll puts one arm on her other arm, while fist-pumping.
D-Taunt - Roll instantly changes the outfit she's wearing into a Japanese schoolgirl's outfit for a second, and then changes back to her original look.

Victory animation 1 - Roll bends down to pick up a bouquet of flowers from Eddie.
Victory animation 2 - Roll talks to a hologram of Dr. Light, who congratulates her on her victory.
Victory animation 3 - Roll tosses her broom into the air, jumps, and lands on her broom while it's still flying.

So what do you all think everyone? I really tried to make this work. Also, I'll take criticisms and suggestions, but NO flaming will acknowledged. Thank you.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Hello! I'm a big Roll supporter, and I even just made a signature icon for her moments ago for the sig icon thread. I made mention of her MvC appearance there, as she was my favorite character to play in that game. I think she'd be perfect as a Megaman echo, especially considering she was basically an echo in MvC, and now we know characters can have some different moves as echoes thanks to Chrom. I saw mentioned earlier, Roll could have Beat as her Up+B. Megaman had plenty of interesting custom moves in Smash 4, and I think it'd be awesome if Roll pulled at least something from those. Anyways, I really hope she makes it in!

Sig icon:

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Roll as a Mega Man echo would make perfect sense, tbh. I mean, she already is a clone of Mega Man in MvC, and Sakurai has shown to not be shy to reference that series.

She's also cute as heck, so I'd be down to her being in Smash.

EDIT: Also, consider the possibility of her using a flaming broom instead of Flame Sword.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if Roll's MM11 outfit was finalised early enough to be included, given that it was first teased late in summer last year. I think that was when Splatoon 2 came out and lil' Judd is in so it may be possible.

I'd prefer her MM8 one of course but it's something to think of.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I would love Roll in Smash, she's among my top favs in Mega Man(along with Zero and Tron Bonne) , I certainly don't expect it happening but it would be great if she could be Mega Man's echo at least.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
While I would of Much prefered ProtoMan, Id be down for Roll!

Add me to the supporters buddy!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mega Man 11 got a free demo on the eShop!

I haven't had a chance to play it with things as they are so now so how is it?

PlasmaSnow12

Smash Cadet
Yo Roll would be an adorable echo of mega man. Heck yeah.
Also loving the idea of using the broom.
: P

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Minor thought, Echo Roll and Mega Man 11 stage (Block Man's with conveyer belts maybe) would be an awesome DLC pack.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Considering how Marvel vs. Capcom got away with it, I don't see why Smash can't take a couple of liberties to do the same with Roll here.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope Ultimate has some Mega Man 11 music because it's got some really great tracks.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well this is it.

The last pre-launch direct is coming Thursday and it's 40 minutes long.

Here's hoping for an Echo showcase *crosses fingers*

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well this is it.

The last pre-launch direct is coming Thursday and it's 40 minutes long.

Here's hoping for an Echo showcase *crosses fingers*
I most likely won't be seeing Sakura Kasugano due Ken being around, but I certainly do still hope for Roll. She'd definitely make the game feel even more Ultimate to me.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well things have changed quite a bit but I still think there's a chance.

I'm thinking, Semi-Clone Roll with Mega Man 11 stage and Music. I'll update the OP with the new direction.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Support. She's my favorite classic character after Mega Man himself. Maybe they could even recycle some of MM's customs from 3DS/Wii U for some of her moves and make her a semi-clone of sorts.

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
I wonder what her moveset would be. Plus what would her Punch Out title and classic route be?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
E3's around the bend so let's see if Mega Man 12 will be a thing.

The rumors of the new Phantom Thief being an additional DLC Echo for Joker has me wondering too...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well DLC beyond the fighter's pass has been confirmed. And Capcom brought back the Proto Man and Zero mii costumes so Mega Man is still being supported.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well DLC beyond the fighter's pass has been confirmed. And Capcom brought back the Proto Man and Zero mii costumes so Mega Man is still being supported.
hmm if nothing else wouldnt it be nice to get a roll mii fighter costume, perhaps with a broom for sword fighter

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
Looks like Roll still has a chance if she doesn`t make it as DLC then maybe a mii fighter costume.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looks like Roll still has a chance if she doesn`t make it as DLC then maybe a mii fighter costume.
She could be a swordfighter with her broom or a gunner with the Roll Buster from Marvel vs Capcom 1

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mega Man is coming to Dragalia Lost on the 28th and it looks like Roll is at least set to cameo.

It's nice to see the series come back, even if it was kinda understated.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I'm not the biggest Mega Man fan around (I've only ever played MM2, post-Smash 4 no less), but from what I've learned bout' the series & Marvel Vs. Capcom, Roll seems like a funny little addition waiting to happen. I'll admit Proto Man would probably make more sense for the position in question, but then who could go wrong with someone that dishes grievous harm with a broom?

Just consider me a late addition to the support list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom