• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cleaning up Boards: Pt2. The book of Lucario (Urgant read)

hough123

Smash Ace
Cool, =D

Also, we need this in it to decipher our posts:

For aerials:
Nair- Nuetral air.
Fair- Foward air.
Bair- Back air.
Dair- Down air.
Uair- Up air.

For smashes:
Fsmash- Foward smash.
Dsmash- Down smash.
Usmash- Up smash.

For Tilits:
Utilit- Up Tilt.
Dtilit- Down Tilit.
Ftilit- Foward Tilt.

For throws:
Uthrow- Up throw.
Fthrow- Foward throw.
Bthrow- Back throw.
Dthrow- Down throw

For specials:
AS- Aura Sphere.
BAS- Baby Aura Sphere.
FCAS- Fully Charged Aura Sphere.
FP- Force Palm.
FPCG- Force Palm chain grab.
ES- Extreme Speed.
EA- Extreme Awesome.
DT- Double Team.
RDT- Reverse Double Team.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
little tip about the strengths/weaknesses section:
if you ask me, you should use ONE color for strengths and ONE for weaknesses. THEN, according to that specific perk/flaw, you can use a brighter/darker tone of that same color to tell how much important it is.
like, use green for strengths and red for weaknesses. all those colors are a true pain for the eyes. :x
Ehehehe sorry...

Browny

Smash Hater
lucarios signature move... so debatable between AS and dair imo

i mean from the pokemon games obviously aura sphere is his signature move but its not that unique or anything in brawl. Charge shot and wolfs blaster do similar things. no one has a dair like him though :)

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
If you talk about Lucario's move set the first move that comes to mind is the AS. We can do so many things with the AS such as BAS or a FCAS. The AS is the most feared projectile in brawl and it gives Lucario so many different options. Dont get me wrong I think dair is a great move but not even close to being Lucario's signature move.

iRJi

Smash Champion
All Phil has to do is talk about the basics of the move. Pretty much like whats already in the current guide, with a bit more detail like frame data. Nothing more.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Wow, I was reading through the guide and I have to say that it is coming along very nicely. Great work guys, cant want to see when it is actually finished. :)

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Guys...I dont fully understand the stale/decay system...

I am just wondering if it was possible to look at lucario's moveset when FULLY decayed...

I might start looking into it by myself but I would like to have a headstart...

iRJi

Smash Champion
Guys...I dont fully understand the stale/decay system...

I am just wondering if it was possible to look at lucario's moveset when FULLY decayed...

I might start looking into it by myself but I would like to have a headstart...
Its possible, but you have to test one move at a time. When you use a move it gets decayed. If you use the move about 5-6 times in a row, it will be come fully stale and do the min. amount of damage possible. In order to make the move unstale, you must land 8 different moves, which is why Pummeling is a good thing to do on any character, because for each pummel it unstales a move.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Double Posting.

If you have not submitted your section, please do so ASAP. You only have one more day left pretty much. Also there is other sections that need to get done that have not been assigned yet.

hough123

Smash Ace
Its possible, but you have to test one move at a time. When you use a move it gets decayed. If you use the move about 5-6 times in a row, it will be come fully stale and do the min. amount of damage possible. In order to make the move unstale, you must land 8 different moves, which is why Pummeling is a good thing to do on any character, because for each pummel it unstales a move.
It stales the pummel though D=
Whatever, Lucario's pummel doesn't do damage anyway :laugh:

iRJi

Smash Champion
It stales the pummel though D=
Whatever, Lucario's pummel doesn't do damage anyway :laugh:
Staling his pummel is the last thing I worry about lol. We have the fastest Pummel ingame, Unstaling moves is too good.

hough123

Smash Ace
I finished the descriptions:

Moveset Analysis- An in-depth look at Lucario's moves including knockback, kill percents, and damage.
Playstyle Thread- A look at the different ways that Lucario is played.
Aura Sphere Priority- Check here to find out when your AS wil eat Diddy's peanuts among other things.
Frame Data-Lucario's official frame data project.
Official Match-Up Thread- Check here to see how to beat those pesky Meta Knights, along with everyone else.
Lucario Chat- The official place for Lucarios to sit back and chill.
Video Archive- A large compilation of videos of Lucario frying stuff with aura.
Moveset Discussion- The place to discuss Lucario's moves and how to use them.
Official Critique my Lucario Thread- The official place to get critiqued by your fellow players.
Brainstorm Thread- The place to post all of your wacky ideas about Lucario and hoq he should be used.
Lucario Punish Game- Find out how to efficiently punish your opponent's every move.
Aggressive Lucario Guide- The one-stop guide for all things regarding Lucario's ability to fry his opponents in a feat of rage and grace.
Doubles Partners Discussion- Find out how compatable you are with other characters in a 2v2 battle.
Lucario Finder- Want to find other Lucarios in your area? Well look no further than this thread!
General Questions Thread- Anything not answered in any of these threads can be asked about here.

I need suggestions for other links, as SWF decided to only keep two pages of Lucario threads =.=

iRJi

Smash Champion
I finished the descriptions:

Moveset Analysis- An in-depth look at Lucario's moves including knockback, kill percents, and damage.
Playstyle Thread- A look at the different ways that Lucario is played.
Aura Sphere Priority- Check here to find out when your AS wil eat Diddy's peanuts among other things.
Frame Data-Lucario's official frame data project.
Official Match-Up Thread- Check here to see how to beat those pesky Meta Knights, along with everyone else.
Lucario Chat- The official place for Lucarios to sit back and chill.
Video Archive- A large compilation of videos of Lucario frying stuff with aura.
Moveset Discussion- The place to discuss Lucario's moves and how to use them.
Official Critique my Lucario Thread- The official place to get critiqued by your fellow players.
Brainstorm Thread- The place to post all of your wacky ideas about Lucario and hoq he should be used.
Lucario Punish Game- Find out how to efficiently punish your opponent's every move.
Aggressive Lucario Guide- The one-stop guide for all things regarding Lucario's ability to fry his opponents in a feat of rage and grace.
Doubles Partners Discussion- Find out how compatable you are with other characters in a 2v2 battle.
Lucario Finder- Want to find other Lucarios in your area? Well look no further than this thread!
General Questions Thread- Anything not answered in any of these threads can be asked about here.

I need suggestions for other links, as SWF decided to only keep two pages of Lucario threads =.=
Lol. You know, I got so bored last night, i did the useful links section myself. All that was needed was to just c/p the current one and switch a few links. Lol.

hough123

Smash Ace
Lol. You know, I got so bored last night, i did the useful links section myself. All that was needed was to just c/p the current one and switch a few links. Lol.
lol
Weight off of my shoulder right there :laugh:

iRJi

Smash Champion
Attention to people who owe sections for the guide. Please have your section in by tomorrow at noon or sooner. If it is possible to get them in by tonight then please do so.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Double Post.

Today is the day. Please submit your sections ASAP. That only leaves Phil and Timbers left.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Mk. If you have someway to contact Timbers, please let him know we are waiting on his section.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Also, just out of curiousity, why do you want his attack data in the 70ish percent? most attacks cap at about 160-170ish, so I was wondering the objective behind this number specifically, as opposed to something like the halfway point.
Unless the 70ish is a good telltale foolproof number of the attack before ANY kind of kill gets pulled off (since most that'll kill earlier are really rare/unviable).

iRJi

Smash Champion
Also, just out of curiousity, why do you want his attack data in the 70ish percent? most attacks cap at about 160-170ish, so I was wondering the objective behind this number specifically, as opposed to something like the halfway point.
Unless the 70ish is a good telltale foolproof number of the attack before ANY kind of kill gets pulled off (since most that'll kill earlier are really rare/unviable).
Its to get the feel of what kind of power you have at the 1/2 way mark, or something close to it. Since is damage never stays at a constant number, its a good thing to show 3 different sets of numbers. One at max, the middle, and the beginning.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
*Trumpets Blare*
Here's the new Moveset Section! (Hope you don't mind, I got most of the description from the old guide, but it is all still accurate, and the stuff that wasn't really was edited out):
Now with frame data!
Except...
My work took longer than expected, and this needs to be formatted nicely (doesn't want it to look all flat and plain, but have some style and SCIENCE! in it. Expect the clean thing tomorrow, unless you want me to send the "wordpad version" of it (no, I didn't do it on wordpad, just a description of what this site does to the text) now lol.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Anything else that needs to be done RJ?? hough and me are already finished and ready for te next project.

iRJi

Smash Champion
*Trumpets Blare*
Here's the new Moveset Section! (Hope you don't mind, I got most of the description from the old guide, but it is all still accurate, and the stuff that wasn't really was edited out):
Now with frame data!
Except...
My work took longer than expected, and this needs to be formatted nicely (doesn't want it to look all flat and plain, but have some style and SCIENCE! in it. Expect the clean thing tomorrow, unless you want me to send the "wordpad version" of it (no, I didn't do it on wordpad, just a description of what this site does to the text) now lol.
To phil: That will be fine for either/or. I can always clean it out myself. Also after phils section, we will only need Timbers, which he will give to me on Monday. Expect the next big thing to be shown today.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Specifically how many hours??!! im running on pacific time and were already in the fourth of july lol.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Going to edit this thread to explain it right now lol. Im on EST. I been awake since 5. Expect the update shortly.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Double post.

Updated and its the big update. Everyone who sees this please read the first post.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
O_O BIG update RJ... fine ill sell my soul to you but if your gonna give me a job please excuse me for any mistakes as Im overloaded on other work and i can only use my wii on the weekend.

iRJi

Smash Champion
O_O BIG update RJ... fine ill sell my soul to you but if your gonna give me a job please excuse me for any mistakes as Im overloaded on other work and i can only use my wii on the weekend.
Only on the weekends eh? Hmm. I can make that work =D. Ill put you up there.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Here it is, the raw stuff, I gotta go coordinate my family's fourth of July, so I'll catch up to you later. Obviously, this needs some pics, so I'll prolly add those in too (unless you have pictures you'd like to use)
Also, yes, the caps are different for every move, Rebonack (and later I) tested this awhile back.

Moveset Section:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the form of-

Attack: The name of the attack
Range: It's relative range according to Short, Mid, or Long. Short being a Mario jab punch, Mid being a Marth bair, and Long being a DeDeDe ftilt
Frame Data: The nitty-gritty stuff, most of it is pretty basic as of now.
Approximate Percent: All percent is approximate I'll give a Fresh maximum and a Decay minimum at the stated Luca percentages
Description: I'll try to describe it as best I can. =o This will also be my notes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. A>A>A

Range: Short
Frame Data:
1st Hit Box on frame: 6
2nd Hit Box on frame: 14-20
3rd Hit Box on frame: 20
AP
0%- 2>1>4 max, 2>1>3 min
70%-3>2>6 max, 2>2>5 min
170%- 14% max, 7% min
Description: The first two hits have almost no knockback, whereas the last kick will send them at a 75 degree angle away from you. The first and last hit strike behind, with the kick having a better reverse range than the first, which requires the opponent to be almost ON you. Another thing, The kick, will nick people from a little farther than it actually looks like it'd hit.

2. Forward-Tilt
Range: Mid-Short
Frame Data:
1st Hit Box on frame: 12
1st Hit Box out on frame: 18
2nd Hit Box on frame: 21
Completes on frame: 33
AP
0%- Hits twice for 5% each max, twice for 2% each min
70%-14% max, 6% min.
167%- 18.1% max, 9% min
Description: Sends them horizontally at low percentages and angles up to 45 degrees as percentages rise. Can be used to set up follow ups and shield pressure. Can be directed up, down, or forward

3. Down-Tilt
Range: Mid
Frame Data:Hit Box on frame: 9
Completes on frame: 17
AP
0%- 5% max, 2% min
70%- 7% max, 3% min
166%- 9.8% max, 4.8% min
Description: Pops them up at a 60 degree angle away from you. Will never cause your opponent to trip like other dtilts. =\ However, at low percentages it pops them up enabling some followups.

4. Up-Tilt
Frame Data:
Hit Box on frame: 5
Completes on frame:15
AP
0%- 4% max, 1.5% min
70%- 7% max, 2.6% min
170%- 8.4% max, 4.2% min
Description: If you nail them with the aura only, they are popped up much further up. Its sweetspot has no effect on its percentage, but does on its knockback. Unsweetspotted it has poor knockback, enabling utilt strings if they don't DI, or some other followups. Hits behind you first, then above you, then in front of you.

Note: These smashes aren't charged, I'm going to get to that at a later date.
5. Forward Smash
Range: Long
Frame Data:
Hit Box on frame: 22
Completes on frame: 32
AP
0%- 10% max to 5% min Tipped, 8% to 3% Untipped
70%- 17%-8% Tipped, 15%-7% Untipped
165%- 22.3% max, 11.15% min
Description: Sends them flying at a 45 degree angle away from you. Hitting with just the aura makes it much more powerful in both knockback and percent. Space it. Lingers as long as Luc is in that "Push" animation.

6. Down Smash
Range: Mid-Short
Frame Data:
Hit Box on frame: 17
Completes on frame: 28
AP
0%- 9% max, 4% min
70%- 14% max, 7% min
169%- 19.6% max, 9.8% min
Description: Launches them at a 40 degree angle away from you. Hits on both sides, so it's great if you're unsure. Comes out a few frames faster than Fsmash. As long as the blasts on his paws are there, there is a hitbox.

7. Up Smash
Hit Box on frame: 19
Completes on frame: 41
AP
0%- 8% max, 4% min
70%- 13% min, 6% min
167%- 18.1% max, 9% min
Description: Straight. Up. Has a quirky hitbox that hits farther behind you than in front. Also lingers for a very long time.

8. Dash Attack
Frame Data:
Hit Box on frame: 7
Complete on: 31?
AP
0%- 10% max, 5% min. Minus 2% for hitting at the end.
Description: Will almost always send them 100 degrees, which is behind you. Hitting at the end of the animation will yield a different knockback, placing them directly behind you.
9. Neutral-Air
Frame Data:
Hit Box 1 out on: 6
Hit Box 1 in on: 15
Hit Box 2 out on: 19
Hit Box 2 in on: 28
Complete on: 72
AP
0%- 8%/4%max, 4%/2%min. Number on the right of the slash designates the 2nd spin
70%- 12%/6% max, 6%/3% min
169%- 15.4%/7% max, 7.6%/3.4% min
Description: Sends them 30-ish degrees away with the knockback deteriorating for the second spin. Hits on both sides of you, and autocancels.

10. Forward-Air
Range: Looks Short, but is Short-Mid/Midish =3
Frame Data:
Hit Box in on:22
Completes on frame: 30
AP
0%- 4%max, 2% min
70%- 5% max, 2.4% min
170%- 7% max, 3.5% min
Description: Has almost none. Doesn't really send them anywhere until higher percents, in which case it's a 35-ish degree angle. This move is so beautiful. Combos into and out of itself and into everything. Awesome multi-purpose. Hits everywhere but above yourself.

11. Down-Air
Frame Data:
Hit Box 1 out on: 4
Hit Box 1 in on: 10
Hit Box 2 out on: 13
Hit Box 2 in on: 22
Complete on: 34
AP
0%- Two hits for 5% and 6% max, 3% and 3% min
70%- 16% max, 7% min
168%- 22.3% max, 11.15% min
Description: Will send them anywhere except for downward based on where you hit them according to the circles you stomp out. It also seems to the be attack LEAST affected by diminishing returns. Why is this such a great move? =o

12. Back-Air
Frame Data:
Hit Box on frame: 15
Completes on frame: 34
AP
0%- 9% max, 4% min
70%- 12% max, 4.6% min
168%- 16.8% max, 8.4% min
Description: This one is interesting. It seems that if you just do the move normally, it makes them fly at a 60 degree angle from you, but if you hit while fast falling it the trajectory changes to something much more horizontal. O,o Peculiar and worth looking into. Beast hitbox, too.

13. Up-Air
Range: Mid-Long
Frame Data:
Hit Box on frame: 10
Completes on frame: 21
AP
0%- 6% max, 3% min
70%- 10% max, 4% min
170%- 14% max, 7% min
Description: Directs your enemy straight into the sky. Great for Star KOs. About the hitbox? That Aura burst AND his entire body is one, even his tail. Enjoy.

14: Aura Sphere Charge(neutral b)
Range: Very Short
Frame Data:
start tick on: 1
tick "activates" on frame: 52
AP
0%- 0.5% per tick
Knockback: Usually sends your opponent upwards, plus their DI direction. AND YES, IT GETS ITS OWN SLOT. >OOOOOO Shares Diminishings with Aura Sphere, but also clears them for other moves quickly, due to the speed of the ticks. Not a frequent move for actually attacking, but does have interesting properties (like reversing your horizontal momentum in a b-reversal fashion).

15. Aura Sphere(neutral Bx2)
Range: Very Long
Frame Data:
Hit Box on frame: 19
fully charged AS on: 120?
AP
0%- Uncharged: 5% max 2.5% min|Charged: 13%max, 6% min
70%- Uncharged: 8% max 3% min|Charged: 16% max, 9% min
170% (Uncharged cap): 10.5% max, 5.25% min
167% (Charged cap): 26.3% max, 13.1% min
Description: 45-degree angle of delicious. Will travel just under the full length of Final Destination.
16. Force Palm Grab(Side B up close)
Frame Data:
Grab Starts On frame: 9
Completes on frame: 26
AP
0%- 7% max, 4% min
70%- 13% max, 6% min
167%- 18.1% max, 9% min
Description: 70-degree angle. Shares Diminishings with Force Palm Flame

17. Force Palm Flame(Side B)
Range: Long
Frame Data:
Hit Box on frame: 25
Completes on frame: 28
AP
0%- Bulk: 7% to 3%|Tip: 5% to 3%
70%- 11% max, 4% min|Tip: 8% to 4%
164%- 12.4% max, 6.2% min
Description: Sends them pretty horizontally, actually. About 45 degrees, a little less. The tip of it is known to trip the victim fairly reliably at sub-70 percentages.

18. Double Team(down b)
Range: Can Counter from infinite, but the attack is Mid-long
Frame Data:
Completes on frame: 85
Invincibility Frames: 7-33
AP
0%- 7% max, 3% min
70%- 12% max, 7% min
169%- 15.4% max, 7.7% min
Description: Completely ignorant of whatever attack is used to trigger the counter, it deals a set amount of damage and knockback. Very, very situational move, arguably one of the worst of the counter moves in Brawl, especially since it doesn't contain an actual "counter stun". Launches them 80 degrees upwards. A fresh one will KO at reliable percents, noted in a handy chart here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=154555

19. ExtremeSpeed (UpB)
Rang--er... wait.. >,>

20. Grab punch/Pummel/Grab jab(Press attack while holding the opponent)
Range: Grab
Frame Data:
Comes out on Frame: 3
Hitbox out on Frame: 4
Complete on Frame: 6
AP
0%- 0.5%
70%- 0.7%
170%- 1.4% max to 0.7% min
Description: None to speak of, but great for clearing your move decay. Notably very fast jab, but weakish.

21. Forward Throw
AP
0%- 7% max, 3% min
70%- 10% max, 5% min
170%-14% max, 7% min
Description: Pretty nice, also receives the great boost from Aura. Sends them 45 degrees away, then the knockback actually tapers off to a more horizontal sending, which is why it's good for KO-ing with.

22. Back Throw
AP
0%- 10% to 5%
Description: Also nice. Sends them a few degrees less than Fthrow, but doesn't receive a boost from Aura, relying solely on your opponent's percentage and DI skills.

23. Down Throw
AP
0%- 10% to 4%
Description: Their DI reaaalllly affects this one. They can go anywhere, even straight up. Will not scale with Aura.

24. Up Throw
AP
0%- 4% to 2%
70%- 6% to 3%
168%- 8% to 4%
Description: Hits them upward and they can't really change it. Barely sends them anywhere, though, enabling combos and followups and traps. Lucario is also a badass when he performs this move. This move does get a bonus based on your percentage.

25. Ledge Attack <100%
26. Ledge Attack >100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepy Sol
Attack Ranges (shortest to longest horizontally)

Ground-based:

1) Up-Smash
2)Grab
3)Up-Tilt
4)D-Smash
5)A
6)D-Tilt
7)F-Tilt
8)Force Palm (side B)
9)F-Smash
10)Aura Sphere

1)U-air
2)D-Air
3)N-air
4)F-Air
5)B-Air

Boost Section

Rebonack graciously tested this thoroughly for us. You are encouraged to provide your own data for theory-backup or to disprove him.

Originally Posted by Rebonack
Extra Aura Multipliers
-At no stock difference the minimum and maximum total aura boost (TAB) is x1 and x2, respectively.
-At a one stock disadvantage the minimum and maximum TAB is x1.2 and x2.4, respectively.
-At a two stock disadvantage the minimum and maximum TAB is x1.4 and x2.7, respectively.
-At a one stock advantage the minimum and maximum TAB is x0.9 and x1.8, respectively.
-At a two stock advantage the minimum and maximum TAB is x0.8 and x1.7, respectively.

Aura Multiplier Damage Cap
(A,A,A) 7%-14%, 170% cap.
(Ftilt) 9%-18.1%, 167% cap.
(Dtilt) 4.8%-9.8%, 166% cap.
(Utilt) 4.2%-8.4%, 170% cap.
(DSmash) 9.8%-19.6%, 169% cap.
(FSmash) 11.15%-22.3%, 165% cap.
(USmash) 9%-18.1%, 167% cap.
(Fthrow) 7%-14%, 170% cap.
(Uthrow) 4.2%-8.4%, 168% cap.
(grapple) 0.7%-1.4%, 170% cap.
(Nair) 7.7%-15.4%, 169% cap.
(Dair) 11.15%-22.3%, 168% cap.
(Bair) 8.4%-16.8%, 168% cap.
(Fair) 3.5%-7%, 170% cap.
(Uair) 7%-14%, 170% cap.
Baby Aura Sphere 5.25%-10.5%, 170% cap.
Aura Sphere 13.1%-26.3%, 167% cap.
Force Palm Flame 6.2%-12.4%, 164% cap.
Force Palm Grab 9%-18.1%, 167% cap.
Double Team 7.7%-15.4%, 169% cap.

That comes out to an average of 168% as the cap. Though nothing goes above 170% in terms of where its cap is. So just saying that the cap is 170 would probably be the safest, most accurate bet.

iRJi

Smash Champion
His post.
There we go. I will add the pictures myself. And good stuff =D. Btw, I am going to need contact info for you. I already signed you up for the next project, since i need you for it =D.

hough123

Smash Ace
Guys, I'm currently working on a new boost equation that's more accurate than my last one, but it'll take some time. You can put my old one in if you'd like in the mean time:

[0.006*H+1]S*N=D

H=Health.
N=Normal damage inflicted at 0%.
D=Damage inflicted.
S=Stock boost.

Tied: x1
-1 Behind: x1.2
-2 Behind: x1.4
+1 Ahead: x0.9
+2 Ahead: x0.8

Again, I'm going to make an improved one that is much more accurate soon.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I was wondering where that equation was ^_^.
It's quite a good thing, tbh.
Yea, just don't make it complicated and try to keep it simple like you have it now. Anyway, other then Timbers the guide is done. You can all post in it now. Congrats for who ever helped, And not it is time to start the big Project =D

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I am willing to help out for the book but I don't think I am qualified enough for it. Maybe I could help out with a smaller part?

Top Bottom