• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classics never go out of style!

JPW

Smash Ace
cool to see Classic back.

I guess this means we could see Master Hand sticking round.
I hope so anyway.

Classic will always be around I reckon. To help us remember how it all began.

but yeah and hopefully you'll be able to unlock Jigglypuff again this way(I'd imagnie she'd be sticking around, and should live to tradition of being the easiest to unlock.)

By the way sorry to be picking up the update late, but with the update at 6pm, the only time where it's my advatage will be Monday and Wednesday.

The coins open up the possibility of the lottery returning I hope.

I'm guessing the dots are like the stock count.

So far we got Time mode, and Stock mode returning. I wonder if Bonus and Coins will return.

I'm also thinking Metaknight is big I cause I remembered in one of the handicap matches there was an odd giant or something. Or maybe he got a mega mushroom.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I wonder if this does or does not confirm the Master Hand?

In Classic it is like the Giant Donkey Kong stage in the original SSB

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
nice, the stocks could look better, but still, nice update..

Did anyone notice the way Sakurai words it, suggests that you may always fight in a Zelda level on stage 1, but the character is chosen randomly? (Perhaps you could fight Pokemon
Trainer, on the Bridge of Eldin?)

The world you fight in is pretty much determined based on stage number. Stage 1 is based on The Legend of Zelda. Stage 3 is based on Pokémon. And each time, the characters are chosen randomly.
Does this just mean they're chosen randomly from the franchise, or chosen randomly from the roster?

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
how is it classic if they change it... meh still awsome I'm was just looking at a thread like this last night called "will classic returm" , creepy

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Seriously will a change in the stock aesthetics really harm anyone's enjoyment of this game? It's not that important.

Mr fN LeON

Smash Cadet
Classic mode is back....very nice so I'm guessing we still fight the master hand in the end

I kno dis is off topic but does anyone think mewtwo is coming back? I haven't heard much from him I'm guessin he is since he wasn't a clone

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Of course Mewtwo's a clone. *chuckle*

But, seriously, most likely he's back. I don't see much of a reason for him to leave.

Have any of you noticed so far the stages we battle on are all odd-numbered?

1-Zelda
3-Pokemon
5-Kirby?.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
the first stage is a legend of Zelda stage....hmm...any one think there using use the old stage order from the first SSB..but with more stages this time? (^^)v

Chari

Smash Apprentice
That would be cool if they brought back the old Zelda Stage. That was a fun stage.

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Not the most exciting update, but at least we still get a few new screens, and I really like classic mode myself. But honestly, yesterdays update will have me hyped enough to last the whole week.

Mike1993

Smash Rookie
Makes sense people. Wario picked up a Zelda trophy, and you collect coins to turn people INTO trophies, so maybe he gets money out of making poeple into trophies? Then he doesnt get enough money and switches sides :)

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
wow, four game mode updates in about a week.
wonder if we'll get another one tomorrow?

Tony_

Smash Ace
This classic will be like the Classic mode from the N64, with random Melee characters installed on stages. Also folks, the stages and characters are randomized, and every odd stage will be a one on one match. :p

Awesome eh? ALso, the coins will be used for the lottery. Its that simple. =\

Pima

Smash Journeyman
I only wished the dot stocks were bigger, but I guess they'll be big enough once it's out

NukeA6

Smash Master
That would be cool if they brought back the old Zelda Stage. That was a fun stage.
I miss Hyrule Castle. It was the best stage in 64 next to the old Mushroom Kingdom.

Tomorrow's halloween so maybe we might get sheik, it is a costume after all. Classic has always been a good thing I just wish it was longer.
It would be better if they confirm a character that follows the theme whether for playable or AT. We got Ashley, Darkrai, Gengar..... and we got Ganondorf. Ganondorf should be confirmed tommorrow. Halloween is evil and so is the Gerudo wizard. That would be a perfect day for him.

Tony_

Smash Ace
I miss Hyrule Castle. It was the best stage in 64 next to the old Mushroom Kingdom.

It would be better if they confirm a character that follows the theme whether for playable or AT. We got Ashley, Darkrai, Gengar..... and we got Ganondorf. Ganondorf should be confirmed tommorrow. Halloween is evil and so is the Gerudo wizard. That would be a perfect day for him.
We got a character Thursday. The best we would get is an AT and even THEN I doubt it.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
LOOK! The stock! It's just a ball now!

You can see the ****ing head of the character RIGHT BESIDE IT!!!!

God ****...

LOOK! ^^^^

In Melee and also the original they only showed the symbol and not the characters portrait...

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I think the balls are just fine, but my real concern is those giant sqares getting in the way of our playing view. I really hope you can remove them. The head from previous games even got in the way in doubles alot.

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
I think the balls are just fine, but my real concern is those giant sqares getting in the way of our playing view. I really hope you can remove them. The head from previous games even got in the way in doubles alot.
Eh, thats never really bothered me any.

Besides, the icons move with the screen transition so I don't see what the big deal is.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Watching the demos the fad when a character gets behind them.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
My guess is that stocks are dots due to SSE. Since you have a "team" of characters that share the same stock count (especially in co-op), it doesn't make as much sense to use a face since it would potentially change fairly often (especially if you don't play the same char all the way through subspace). And of course the whole "you see their picture now" point that has been raised. Very likely it's related to how Subspace works, though.

My belief, based on reading the update, is that on stage one you get a stage from the Zelda franchise. Maybe Eldin, maybe Hyrule Temple (if it returns), maybe another Zelda stage. Character itself will be random from the entire roster, more or less. It says "fight whoever appears" on the Dojo. Now sure, that could mean among the small amount of PCs from that franchise, but I think it'll be anyone from your current roster.

People who ask why they're all odd-numbered so far fail at Smash.

The stages inbetween is where target test/race to the finish/board the platforms/trophy catch and other non-battle things are put.

Top Bottom