• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Mode, Very Intense, 1 life, No Continues: Advice?

KrazyKaiju

Smash Cadet
Normally, I wouldn't care about getting something like this, but it's an actual "achievement" in Brawl. I'd kinda like it just to be able to say that my game is "complete". :psycho: I've been trying this for quite a while with several characters. After about 200 attempts, it can be really...REALLY...FRUSTRATING! :mad:

Whatever, I'm sure I'll laugh it off later... :laugh:

Does anybody have any advice? My best characters are Snake and Meta Knight, but I'm open to any suggestions.

- KrazyKaiju

P.S. I've also had consistent difficulty with Stage 7 (when 2-on-2 against a Star Fox team) and Stage 11 (3-on-1, IF I'm lucky enough to get that far).

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
The classic mode cpu's are dumb. Have you tried just spamming mach tornado, then d-smash when they're at KO%?

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
CPUs are really dumb, but pretty good in terms of pure reaction time.
Playing against them is very different from playing humans, so you have to play differently. Just be patient, they always make huge mistakes if you play defensively. Abuse items and hazards, they are so easily trapped: they run into mines/pokeballs/traps and run into charging Fsmashes all the time.

don't be afraid to spam projectiles a lot, because they tend to have a hard time with that. Also, they are very predictable when recovering, so you can gimp them often.

If you play a character that has a move like Snake's Fsmash, or a falcon punch (I mean a move that you would never use against humans because it is so easy to see it coming, but very powerful), don't forget to use it. It is fantastic against blind CPUs :)

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Go ahead and be lost in Frustrations.

I think is nice to complete in this situation, but says nothing, since you're fighting against CPUs.

Try with Donkey Kong I guess... These Dumbs CPUs loves to get Spiked...

Good Luck dude...

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I spend a lot of time for this, and when I did, I got ten thousand points for not losing a stock! I was sooo frustrated! 10000 points for all that ****?

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Spam, gimp, don't get hit to much.
I use marth to beat it and I did in about 16 tries, I'll let you figure out what u get.
There was MYTH that if you did this with mario that you'll get a dr.mario costume.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Spam, gimp, don't get hit to much.
I use marth to beat it and I did in about 16 tries, I'll let you figure out what u get.
There was MYTH that if you did this with mario that you'll get a dr.mario costume.
Good Explanation. I think the most important thing is don't get hit too much.

This MYTH should be a Joke or something like that.

Can you tell a little bit about this probably MYTH ?

Weird...

KrazyKaiju

Smash Cadet
Well, the good news is that I got the "achievement" message for Classic.

The bad news is that I used a continue on the last level. I didn't know you could actually do that and still get the message! Hm...:confused: Classic on Intense with only one stock...I thought that implied that you weren't supposed to use a continue. I guess not.

So I didn't really accomplish what I set out to do, but I still got the message. Good enough for me.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
What's this? VERY Intense? My Brawl CD must have a huge scratch in it, I only have Intense :(
No I'm kidding. But if you need more advice :

Don't get hit.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Well, the good news is that I got the "achievement" message for Classic.

The bad news is that I used a continue on the last level. I didn't know you could actually do that and still get the message! Hm...:confused: Classic on Intense with only one stock...I thought that implied that you weren't supposed to use a continue. I guess not.

So I didn't really accomplish what I set out to do, but I still got the message. Good enough for me.
Well, that is definitely a relief. I never knew that something like that was a message to begin with. I guess I will have to go get that message!

KrazyKaiju

Smash Cadet
Well, that is definitely a relief. I never knew that something like that was a message to begin with. I guess I will have to go get that message!
Good luck! Work of advice: Snake's mortars (U-Smash) are your best friend. Spam them like crazy. Also, item hog ALOT!

And watch out for Master Hand's attacks, especially his pimp slap. If you get too reckless like me, you'll die when he has about 40 HP left.

But of course, you can continue, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem. :)

UberMario

Smash Master
Just be hyper defensive. Camping helps, although it isn't necessary. During the FFA at the end, just plank and let the others take each other out. After that just play it safe with the hands. Also, if you get a battle with Giant Kirby/Meta-Knight, you might as well give up. Whenever I get them, they use Nair right out of the box for an instant KO.

Here's the best scenario:
-Team Ganon and Zelda @ Bridge of Eldin
-Giant Charizard @ Spear Pillar
-Giant DeDeDe @ Halberd
-The rest will just end up being one-on-ones or easy-hit teams.

Here's a few of the worst scenarios:
-Giant Zelda @ Pirate Ship
-Giant Pikachu @ Pokemon Stadium 2
-Team Fox & Falco @ Space Armada
-Giant Kirby/Meta-Knight @ Halberd (The WORST scenario)

Supreme65

Smash Apprentice
Peach, Snake and Ike. I think did Peach and Snake on my first try. Can't remember I did it like 6 months ago.

Top Bottom