• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Class Changes

Which course should I take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
So yesterday at school our English teacher gave me and the class 2008-2009 class schedule forms. I normally don't mind these forms but there is a change approaching next year; instead of the schedule I've had for the past two years (4 classes per day with 2 alternating every other day for a total of 6 classes), we'll be having an everyday alternating schedule (4 classes switching to a separate set of 4 classes every other day for a total of 8 classes). The 6-class schedule usually lasts until December, at which time two classes in your schedule are replaced with two different classes. Next year, we'll be having 8 classes for the entire year.

My form requires 8 classes, 5 of them recommended classes that I'm pretty much forced to take. These are the recommended classes:

English III Honors
Geometry Honors
Chemistry
American History Honors
Personal Fitness

And these are the electives I'm choosing at the moment:

Keyboard (the instrument)
Health II
???

The ??? is pretty much what this whole thread is about. I'm leaning toward 4 different choices, all with good reason behind them:

Leadership III (JROTC) - If you don't know, it's like an army course. I'm in my second year right now. I've really hated my second year as an 2nd year cadet; too much responsibility and personal sacrifices I've had to make to keep a steady grade in. Promotion boards, regular intensive physical exercises, tedious marching, boring lessons, and uniform inspections every Wednesday may make you wonder why I'm considering this course. That reason is Rifle Team. We meet every Thursday and shoot these really awesome air rifles at targets about 80 feet away. We compete against schools and other companies/classes in the school. Right now I'm on the Top 5 out of 8. I'm representing my high school. I love it; shooting, believe it or not, is my passion. Rifle Team is purely mandatory (although it would be a staple in my schedule), but I would require being in JROTC for a third year.

Childhood I - This course is basically the opposite of JROTC. Childhood I is a course to learn about taking care of children by basically becoming an adviser to the daycare, Little Eagles, at our school . I can't stand children, but the course is almost too easy to really be considered a class. You can do almost everything with the kids; color, watch movies, play on the playground, eat snacks, nap time, and pretty much everything else little kids love doing. So long as you keep an eye over the kids and behave, you're good to go. The class is only worth 1/2 a credit, but I really wouldn't mind the ease compared to the other options.

French II - I don't mind French, but it's very boring. I need 2 language courses that teach the same language in my high school career to graduate. 'Nuff said. But I'm able to take the course next year as well... there could be better options.

Computer Graphics - Probably the most beneficial of the 4 options. I'm curious about what the class teaches, I get a free copy of Photoshop, and my best friend will be in the course. Downsides: the teacher is a ****head, there could be better options, and from what I've been told, homework every night and assignments are extremely difficult.

I have until March 28th to decide on the last course or make changes to the electives. What I'm looking for from you guys is your opinions and support behind your choice. Let me hear your voices, PRoomers :******:

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Yeah, I'd have to agree with Xsyven. The more you get out of the way now, the better Senior year will be.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
English III Honors
Geometry Honors
That's something you don't see everyday. Most the times people in English IIIH are in Calculus BC or something, or in odd cercumstances REGULAR geometry.

Are you just insanely skilled at English, or what?

Skywalker

Space Jump
Backing up French II, taking it early will be easier than waiting a while. I had about 3 months away from German class and forgot half the stuff I learned.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
That's something you don't see everyday. Most the times people in English IIIH are in Calculus BC or something, or in odd cercumstances REGULAR geometry.

Are you just insanely skilled at English, or what?
I'm great at English, but just horrible in mathematics. I worked hard this year, so that's probably why I'm not in regular geometry. Then again, G-Honors is just what my schedule recommends :laugh:

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I'd say you either class change into a Lord or a Paladin, but you'll need the items to unlock that class, which you can find by farming ? Seeds.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
stay away from the hard classes ur senior year.
take it from me. what with brawl coming out, I want to do zero work.
any class that is breeze will be worth it. go with French II or Childhood.

TheFifthMan

Smash Journeyman
A couple blocks away from Purdue University
JROTC is a valuable experience though. French II is an easy class anyway, it won't hurt your senior year difficulty that much. And if you're like my school, JROTC allows you to take out Personal Fitness from your schedule.

Besides, the tedious **** like inspections and promotion boards are nothing compared to the leadership experience. Are your honors classes actually AP/IB classes? If not, then there's nothing distinguishing you except for ROTC. What are your other extracurriculars?

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Ha! Lucky for you! My parents are forcing me to take a third year of Spanish! I don't mind taking a year of it in college, but they want it out of the way now. It sucks!

Anyway, I'd go with either Computer Graphics or French II. You can just buy an air rifle and practice with it elsewhere if you like that so much, and kids are a real hard time to deal with when your with them. French II and CG also seem like the most beneficial courses, but careers with Computer Graphics don't really have the best output yet. Maybe you should take a different computer-based course. Do they have a course at your school for Visual Basic Programming, C++, or JavaScript?

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
JROTC is a valuable experience though. French II is an easy class anyway, it won't hurt your senior year difficulty that much. And if you're like my school, JROTC allows you to take out Personal Fitness from your schedule.

Besides, the tedious **** like inspections and promotion boards are nothing compared to the leadership experience. Are your honors classes actually AP/IB classes? If not, then there's nothing distinguishing you except for ROTC. What are your other extracurriculars?
Nope; JROTC counts only as an elective class here. Unfortunately, it brings no credit to PE classes...
My other electives that I've had in my high school years are Keyboard, Creative Writing I & II, Photo I, and Health I-III. Most of my courses are just Honors and regulars, but my English III may end up being an AP course next year.

Ha! Lucky for you! My parents are forcing me to take a third year of Spanish! I don't mind taking a year of it in college, but they want it out of the way now. It sucks!

Anyway, I'd go with either Computer Graphics or French II. You can just buy an air rifle and practice with it elsewhere if you like that so much, and kids are a real hard time to deal with when your with them. French II and CG also seem like the most beneficial courses, but careers with Computer Graphics don't really have the best output yet. Maybe you should take a different computer-based course. Do they have a course at your school for Visual Basic Programming, C++, or JavaScript?
I would if I could, but unless I want to take a 2 hour drive whenever I feel like I want to shoot, there is no rifle range nearby. As for other computer courses, the only computer-related thing I've seen on the schedule is Web Design. Maybe that's what you're talking about? Either way I know nothing about WD.

TheFifthMan

Smash Journeyman
A couple blocks away from Purdue University
Nope; JROTC counts only as an elective class here. Unfortunately, it brings no credit to PE classes...
My other electives that I've had in my high school years are Keyboard, Creative Writing I & II, Photo I, and Health I-III. Most of my courses are just Honors and regulars, but my English III may end up being an AP course next year.
I mean, what other organized activities outside of JROTC do you have? What do you want to major in college?

Peeze

Smash Master
I picked Computer graphics. Im kinda biased cause thats my line of work.
Side note: what school in naples do you attend, i live in ft.myers.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I mean, what other organized activities outside of JROTC do you have? What do you want to major in college?
I'm not quite sure what I would like to major yet. I'm interested in pretty much anything and everything in the arts, but Journalism and Music are probably the two I'm looking into most.

Side note: what school in naples do you attend, i live in ft.myers.
Naples High School

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
None of the above. Take Astronomy.:)

Baeh, if I had to choose, I'd choose one of those where I had friends and it was the least hassle free.

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
I'm probably the only one on here that believes this, but you should probably save a difficult class or two for senior year. It helps with the senioritis... I think.

I didn't get senioritis until well after the second semester had started because I was always busy and trying to do this work and pass the class.

Top Bottom