• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Circle Camping - How do you do it? and how does it help on the battlefield?

PzO

Smash Cadet
Lately alot of people have been telling me to learn how to circle camp. I had no idea what it was until my friend mentioned it to me, apparently a lot of good Wario's use this tactic. Please and thank you to anybody that contributes to this topic :cool:

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I dont even know what this means but I'm gonna hazard a guess and say it's about creating a buble around your opponent and hovering around that bubble and moving in whenever ther's an opening. I use this strategy a lot when I use Jiggs. hovering near my opponent and moving in with a pound, fair or bair when there's an opening. Wario can do the same with dair and fair for poking

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
You jump around a lot and don't get hit.

I fail to comprehend how no one is capable of giving that explanation.
I gave him a video of me doing it.

Its quite a scene because im horrible at it. Just did it right in that match :p

PzO

Smash Cadet
Thanks Dynomite for the video, and Lord Chair for the suggestion :)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
unnecessary naming of a way to play wario. Seems rather silly to me but people love naming ****.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
What if they just stay stationary? Will you be forced to circle camp directly into them, in order to get past them?

Labernash

Smash Lord
I think I'm doing it wrong. I can only make a half circle. The stage is cutting me off.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I think you may be able to drive under SV, fully charged fart to fly over the stage to the other side (where you started), and then proceed to drive under again. Just maybe.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Circle camping is just going around the stage in a way that makes your character virtually impossible to catch. Most people use the term to refer to flying underneath the stage repeatedly as Meta Knight.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I was serious about the opponent staying in place. If they don't chase you, it would not be wise to continue in your circle. In fact, wouldn't going in a constant large circle be very predictable? It seems to me that circle camping is an old '08-'09 strategy, popular when Hannenbow was legal.

If you want to camp, I would suggest "Fluid Camping". Flow through your opponent's grasp as smooth as water, staying away and not being predictable. Patterns = predictability, and predictability means an increased chance in taking damage and/or losing a stock.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Oh, now I see!

What exactly is the DMG bike trick? Pull it out and jump off?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No, that's scrooging.
Same thing. Circle camping in the most literal sense is, "pick Hyrule Temple and run away from the opponent around the stage as Sonic/Fox/whatever," but the idea with Meta Knight gliding underneath the stage implies that he's flying around the stage in some way, shape, or form. He could glide above it, too.

All it really means is going around the stage in a way where it is pretty much impossible to touch you.

Top Bottom