• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cincinnati, Ohio Tournament!

jbeeneq

Smash Rookie
Spanksgiving 2007. Cincinnati, Ohio November 17, 2007.

Well, it's been a long time coming, but I finally have venue for a tourney here in "The Nati". It will be held at Game City 360 in Newport, Kentucky (Right across the river from Cincy). Entry will be $5 at the door and $10/ game entered. The games and times are:

1:00 PM Tekken DR / 3rd Strike
1:00 PM Melee
2:30 PM MVC2 / GGXX Accent Core
5:00 PM ST / CVS2

Payout / game is 70/20/10

Pre registration is available.

There are plenty of places to eat and drinks are available on location. It's right next door to a Game Works and an AMC theatre, so if you don't feel like practicing or just watching matches, you're welcome to see a movie or, I don't know, play some DDR.

There will be TV, and newspaper coverage of this event. WXIX Fox 19 and Cincinnati Enquirer.

Thanks, and I hope to see a lot of new faces and some faces I already know.

Address:
Game City 360 (www.myspace.com/gamecity360)
1 Levee Way
Newport, KY 41071

jbeeneq

Smash Rookie
Im checking on the TV thing today, making sure there won' be a ton of lag on these TVs. I think we'll be okay, though.

Kel

Smash Master
yeah Im really worried about the lag. Anime conventions always think that HD screens are the best idea ever but they lag out the ***. If all the TVs lag I will not come to this, despite it being literally 3 miles away from me.

good ole' square TVs about 20 inches is perfect for smash.

QUIVO

Smash Master
lol yes try to make sure its on regular tvs. I have a few friends who have HDTVs and claim that they own component cables where it won't make them lag, but in fact they do.

And yea, anime central had their tournament on HDTVs and it suckeeeedddd

jbeeneq

Smash Rookie
TV problem solved. See you all there. The main thread is on SRK forums, so dont try to PM me here cause I hate this forums interface.

Sliq

Smash Master
TV problem solved. See you all there. The main thread is on SRK forums, so dont try to PM me here cause I hate this forums interface.
It hates you too.

And also, are you going to post any rules? Double Elimination? MLG Rules? Teams? Singles?

What time are you expecting to have this tournament done with? Because if you plan on starting it at 5:30, depending on the turnout, I wouldn't be surprised if this went past midnight. Hell, if you did both singles and doubles, it could take you like 10 hours.

Edit: Just realized that SRK is Shoryuken. You guys probably know what you are doing then.

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming Josh is going to use all the usual rules, whatever you guys want. Like basically the same rules our SRK-run tounries had in Columbus in April and December for Smash.

And yeah, Josh took care of the TV thing, we're just running everything on normal TVs. Please bring systems and stuff if you can.

Josh, hope you don't feel like I'm taking your job over here :) I'm also trying to get them to put Smash early (like 1?) and just run your stuff in its own section all day so you can get through teams and everything OK.

Also real quick: in a few days we'll be posting Season's Beatings II, for Columbus, Oct. 20. Same venue as Dec and April. Get hype, get paid and support the scene!

Sliq

Smash Master
I take it you guys are doing singles and doubles then. Do you know when there is going to be an official rules post, like stages banned (varies tourney to tourney)?

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
Can you look over the Season's Beatings rules, haha, we're just using the rules sheet from last December you guys helped us set up for Smash.
I think Josh just wants the same: whatever you guys do in OH as standard.

Sliq

Smash Master
Can you look over the Season's Beatings rules, haha, we're just using the rules sheet from last December you guys helped us set up for Smash.
I think Josh just wants the same: whatever you guys do in OH as standard.
The thing is that their isn't any standard ban stage list...sometimes Peach's Castle is Banned, sometimes it is not.

If he is just going to use the Rule's from Season's Beatings, though, that should be fine.

jbeeneq

Smash Rookie
If everyone at SB was fine with that ruleset, I think it's safe to integerate that here, assuming there were no major qualms then. This is turning out to be a bit better than I had hoped.

Sliq

Smash Master
If everyone at SB was fine with that ruleset, I think it's safe to integerate that here, assuming there were no major qualms then. This is turning out to be a bit better than I had hoped.
That's fine, but you might want to put a link to the rules of SB in the first post, or post the rules themselves so people know them.

Megachuk

Smash Ace
I know gamecity holds small guitar hero comepetitions and stuff all the time. Is there anyway they could hold small smash competitions as well?

Goddess

Smash Apprentice
maybe i can find away to drag the CF crew down there.
i <3 sliq.
but he doesn't know that.

Buttram2006

Smash Cadet
i <3 sliq.
Hey 'goddess'. I challenge you to a match! A money match without money.

If I lose I pay you.
If I win, then I don't get anything, just the pleasure knowing I beat someone who thinks God is a woman.

And this tournament hopefully will be good. We can make it good, by showing up and having a lot of people there. Also by being assured that it will be run by someone who knows the actual rules of smash.

Sliq

Smash Master
i <3 sliq.
Your cover is blown!

I poked into this thread to check it out, and realized this tournament is still like 2 months away. I was afraid I had forgotten about it and missed it. I just got mindgamed.

jbeeneq

Smash Rookie
Yeah. This happens on the 2nd day of Sugoicon. Tried to change the date but it cut participants in half. There will be a lot of us at the con Friday and then saturday is Tourney day then back to the con. I know it's a split decision, but thems the breaks. I hope to see you all there.

If anyone has questions get me on AIM. My sn is jbeeneq.

Sliq

Smash Master
There is also a big tournament going down in Michigan the same date, which myself as well as my colleagues (GUNPUNCH! crew) will be attending instead.

clowsui

Smash Legend
will there be a large amount of tvs so that some people can have friendlies? (lol i'ma get owned real fast yo)

also, does anyone have a copy of the standard smash tourney rules?

Top Bottom