• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Hall

Smash Ace
I'm all about Starcraft right now. Otherwise it's mostly work and saving up money again. It's good to hear you've been active and doing well. I think most of the Brawl scene is getting in to MvC3. It's really fun, lot different than MvC2.

.AC.

Smash Lord
there is going to be a tourney in tj sunday the 13th, there is probably going to be mvc3 for those interested, you guys should show up and say hi :)

Hall

Smash Ace
Depends on two things for me AC. Work and my norcal friend. If both aren't too demanding of me I'd love to see you guys again =D

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
So whos carpooling to mike's tourney this saturday? I really really wanna go,

Also to whoever is driving, what time should i be at the meeting place by? I need to know before i plan something saturday morning from 8-9ish

Rickety

Peace and Love
Hey, if anybody happens to have space in their carpool this weekend,
would it be okay if someone returning to San Diego could give me a ride back from the tournament?

I'm going to be stranded up here all week, and I would love to see everyone this Saturday.
I can pay my share for gas, too!

Thank you so much for reading and bearing with me,
Rickety Ram <3 <3

.AC.

Smash Lord
oh good stuff guys, even if you can't make it the 13th there is going to be a bigger one on the 19th, but it's going to be on another venue.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
anyone feel like brawling this week

also between sd
the play n trade is gonna have a smash tourny the prize isnt really big but w/e (this sat)
and we could go to TJ the next day

Hall

Smash Ace
Play N Trade is co-hosted by Dane. They had a small gathering of players, some eager to learn, others there casually, the strongest of their group being Salty. I'd do it for the players if they still were serious about Brawl, but Dane there is a huge turn off.

@Vato It's gonna be down in Mexico. The TJ At War series isn't too far from the border, but I dunno where the other venues are going to be. If you're interested check their forums at http://www.fashiongamers.tk/

I hope you know at a least a little Spanish. If not most of them are bilingual and friendly.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
ima tell everyone about allisbrawl

so is anyone actually down for tj sunday?

and when does tj plan on flying out wymas

Hall

Smash Ace
Im down to help you train, but I won't be doing tournaments for awhile. I got a buddy from Norcal coming in this weekend and she gets higher priority.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
@Vato It's gonna be down in Mexico. The TJ At War series isn't too far from the border, but I dunno where the other venues are going to be. If you're interested check their forums at http://www.fashiongamers.tk/
The venue for the Tj tourney on the 19th is the Camino Real next to Plaza Rio mall. The Brawl tourney will take place at a gaming/comic/anime event. Event entry will be 50 pesos and tourney entry will be 40 pesos. A cab from the border to this venue is 20 pesos. Payout and/or prizes tbd atm.

More info here.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Play N Trade sounds interesting considering it's close to my house and there's a possibility I'm not trick-or-treating. Is anyone for sure going?

Tearbear

Smash Ace
im going for sure

feel free to bring ur wiis cause they wanted me to go there early and unlock all of them lol

D

Deleted member

I want some info on dat PnT tourny ;)
Dane tho... :/ W/e its not like much can go wrong with a small play and trade tourny =/

Tearbear

Smash Ace
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i remember now i think it was stuaffy who saw that on my friend request for FB and was like freaked out

not good man not good

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
I've heard bits and pieces about what happened at Dave and Busters, but not the whole thing.

Im still down for going though lol

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Good ol' Dane. He really had no idea how many of California's top players (at the time) went to his tournament with great expectations. I'd like to go to that P&T tournament just to kick him in the stones.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
It's only a two hour shift. You could possibly get legitimately sick and call out but might not be worth it.

I'm dead-swamped with schoolwork this week. Not sure how I'll make it through the weekend :( No tourney for me. I wanted to rematch vato

Top Bottom