• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chrono Trigger DS

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
why would you ever, ever stop playing ct ;-;

I don't think a year a 6 month periodhas gone by in which I didn't play through CT at least once.

Overload

Smash Lord
nintendo loves to rehash old titles. as long as they are good ones its fine with me. chrono trigger for the snes is a rarity. and they don't sell ff chronicles anymore

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
nintendo does love to rehash old titles, but nintendo didn't make chrono trigger. Square did.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I can't believe it! I love this game, even if it's only one bonus dungeon I don't care as long as it's coming out on the DS! I remember playing it on the SNES...the first time I found out about New Game +. There's so many memories with it.

Just too **** good!

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN

SleepyK

;-; these could be scans of when CT was being released for the first time, almost.

Makes me happy.

Also, X-strike touch screen, Dylan?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
lol no

Although my idea of choosing where Area of Effect attacks like Cyclone or Antipode by selecting an center via touch screen, instead of choosing a center enemy seems like it won't be used =(

SleepyK

ahhh, that's too bad. It would really make some battles a lot easier <_<

MxGm

Smash Cadet
It's a bad thing that they won't update the graphics, but at least it will retain the things that made Chrono Trigger an awesome game.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one pissed off about this? I'm not one to complain, especially about my favorite game of all time (or one of them, at least), but a ****ing port of a 10 year old game just won't do it for me.

They are doing the bare minimum to make money off of this game. Surely people will buy it, but is it right to use the same game, not even ATTEMPTING a remake? It's deadly obvious that SquareEnix is taking the easy way out. The decision to port an SNES game to the DS is insulting to me, whose played this game through at least 100 times. What are they waiting for? I want something new already.

-LP

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
I've actually never played Chrono Cross...
The game was not all bad, but it wasn't as good as Trigger. The music in Cross was the best thing in the game. But the story was full of loopholes that they tried too hard to cover up, there was an extreme lack of dual techs, I don't remember if there were even any triple techs, too many characters (most weren't fully developed and you wouldn't miss them if they weren't in there).

But I'm not one to tell people what to like and not like. Go ahead and get a copy of Cross and play it for yourself. Just don't expect it to surpass Trigger.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Chrono Cross easily has the best soundtrack of any game I've ever listened to.

Its value as a Chrono game is debatable, but I enjoyed it.

Plus it'd be something to play until CTDS comes out :D

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Still can't wait. CAN'T

I liked parts of Cross, just the battle system was a little annoying to deal with sometimes, like when it says you have a 99% chance of hitting, and miss. But that tends to happen with me a lot in games, so yeah. Cross isn't the best thing ever, yes, but it was nice in some parts. Dawza and Modest_Egoist, you're both right, some very nice tunes came out of Cross. I never beat it (Borrowed, had to return to friend), but it gave me a lot of Radical Dreamers nostalgia.

It just bugged me when I read somewhere there was line that said Radical Dreamers wasn't truly canon to the Chrono series (saying it happened in another dimension or the like), which basically told me they made Cross without remembering RD, and basically painting over the fact the game was in the series.

Still can't wait for this DS game, though.

nuro

Smash Lord
Am I the only one pissed off about this? I'm not one to complain, especially about my favorite game of all time (or one of them, at least), but a ****ing port of a 10 year old game just won't do it for me.

They are doing the bare minimum to make money off of this game. Surely people will buy it, but is it right to use the same game, not even ATTEMPTING a remake? It's deadly obvious that SquareEnix is taking the easy way out. The decision to port an SNES game to the DS is insulting to me, whose played this game through at least 100 times. What are they waiting for? I want something new already.

-LP
From the way I see it Square is just porting Chrono Trigger to see how many people will buy it. I bet the sales will exceed their expectations and eventually lead to them creating a Chrono Trigger 2

Remember what happened when Square gave us a new Chrono game?
Yeah, they made a great game. Cross is still better than 80% of the games out there. Just not as good as CT but what can you expect. And that doesn't mean they can't make a Chrono game as good as CT. It all depends on the developers.

The game was not all bad, but it wasn't as good as Trigger. The music in Cross was the best thing in the game. But the story was full of loopholes that they tried too hard to cover up, there was an extreme lack of dual techs, I don't remember if there were even any triple techs, too many characters (most weren't fully developed and you wouldn't miss them if they weren't in there).

But I'm not one to tell people what to like and not like. Go ahead and get a copy of Cross and play it for yourself. Just don't expect it to surpass Trigger.
I don't really think having too many characters was a bad thing. Sure that most of them are under developed but Serge, Kid, Lynx, and many other characters had all the character development you would want. The other characters allowed a variety so you could pick your favorite of the bunch. Your right, if they werent there we wouldnt miss them but that also means we would still like the game. Just so happens they are there to add more to the game. And since dual techs were rare it made them more promising when you actually did find a way to preform them.

just my opinion tho. if they release a chrono cross 2 i'd buy it

Smash Rookie
i just figured that the theme song of chrono trigger is like rick roll

AllGoodNamesAreTaken

Smash Apprentice
From the way I see it Square is just porting Chrono Trigger to see how many people will buy it. I bet the sales will exceed their expectations and eventually lead to them creating a Chrono Trigger 2
You know, I never thought of it that way. I sure hope your right! As for Cross, it was a great game. But it's really hard to make a game thats as good or better than Trigger. Trigger was a classic, and it got me hooked onto RPGs.

AllGoodNamesAreTaken

Smash Apprentice
XD Crap it's too late... I have to wait until tomorrow to pre-order it. :(

Thank you Modest_Egoist for the updates. I really appreciate it, and I'm sure everyone here does as well.

snowaxe

Smash Apprentice
I already have it for the SNES, but I would love to get it for the DS. Having it on a DS to take with you. Also that monster thing is a nice touch. Well worth 30 bucks.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've already preordered the game, and I'm excited to see the new extras like the new dungeons and who the secret boss is.

I already have it for the SNES, but I would love to get it for the DS. Having it on a DS to take with you. Also that monster thing is a nice touch. Well worth 30 bucks.
It's actually 40 dollars.
In the US anyways.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I wasn't a fan of Chrono Trigger for the SNES, but I'm sure that the one of DS would change my mind.... I hope.

Top Bottom