• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know this existed. O.o
My goodness, RH is really popular in Japan isn't it.
Oh yeah they actually made another concert like that but I don't think it was live:

https://youtu.be/D7OkPdPTvDk

It's not as cheerful as the DS one though... I think one of the singers of the Dazzles song seems bored/uninterested.
Also the singer of Fan Club is not a kid anymore! Still sounds cute though!

I wished they made something like this in the US (even though I'm not from there), maybe have Beyonce, I mean she did a Rhtyhm Heaven commercial and she seemed to like the game (in the behind the cameras video).

EDIT: I don't know what that girl is doing with that in her mouth at the start either btw.

Last edited:

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
It's too bad that the Dr. Mario stage was fake. I was bit skeptical about that stage so I'm not all that suprised about this. Still, it looked like pretty a fun stage to fight on. People are really good at faking things. :laugh:

Who even knows what the remaining characters are at this point
Well if I were to guess I'd say: Wolf, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Issac, and a RH rep (Wolf being most likely to a RH rep being the least likely).

I still think a Rhythm Heaven character quite is possible, but I'm not sure if it will be the Chorus Kids. All characters that had two or more A.I. gave Sakurai and his team trouble on the 3ds, and thus had to be altered in some way. So it's possible they couldn't find a solution to the CK like they did for Olimar and Bowser Jr. Also, the fact that there's data for a RH character on the Wii U but not the 3ds makes me believe that the CK were working on the Wii U version but not the 3DS version just like the ICs. This also means Sakurai had a complete moveset for the CK (man, I wish I knew what their moveset looked like).

This is all just speculation so I'm probably wrong but what I find really interesting is that the hacker who found the data for a RH character didn't find data for the Ice Climbers. This leads me to believe that the Chorus Kids got cut at much later time than the Ice Climbers which resulted in the team to not have time to remove all of their data from the Wii U version before it's release date.

Rhythm Heaven and Ice Climbers got the short end of the stick this time around, but I'm confident things will go better for these series in Smash 5.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Yeah I was shocked when I found out it was fake.
What would be the opposite of "I can salvage some hope from this update"?

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Well, that's super unfortunate. I suppose you can't believe everything you see these days with the talented graphic designers out there, but man those models were incredibly well made. (probably shoulda known better after the Rayman hoax)

Any word on data mining? As much as I hope the development team learned their lesson after the Roy/Ryu leak, I'm still a bit antsy to scavenge up any clues.. Regardless, Smash 4 DLC still has a long lifespan left, so we're not out of the game yet.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Any word on data mining? As much as I hope the development team learned their lesson after the Roy/Ryu leak, I'm still a bit antsy to scavenge up any clues.. Regardless, Smash 4 DLC still has a long lifespan left, so we're not out of the game yet.
Nothing was found, but people keep talking about datamining the 3ds ver tho.
Not sure if they've done it yet

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure we are going to get something from Rhythm Heaven as DLC, if its not a character then a costume (Karate Joe for Brawler?, Samurai for Swordfighter? Marshal as some kind of Gunner?), but since they haven't announced anything yet, then the chance of it being a character + stage is greater.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
I think that could give a theory of why and when they could be someone from Rhythm Heaven, perhaps, that character has moves from games Rhythm Tengoku of the Gameboy and clear, as only did that game in Japan, you may think that we do not know where they come from such movements.

So, when they announce Rhythm Heaven The Best + to the west, you can confirm it once and for all the character of Rhythm Heaven, and everyone will know from where the movements of Rhythm Tengoku since that game will appear on 3DS .

By the way;
I found this on YouTube:

Last edited:

Themagnificentmoldy

Smash Apprentice
I think that could give a theory of why and when they could be someone from Rhythm Heaven, perhaps, that character has moves from games Rhythm Tengoku of the Gameboy and clear, as only did that game in Japan, you may think that we do not know where they come from such movements.

So, when they announce Rhythm Heaven The Best + to the west, you can confirm it once and for all the character of Rhythm Heaven, and everyone will know from where the movements of Rhythm Tengoku since that game will appear on 3DS .

By the way;
I found this on YouTube:

Damn that video makes me want a RH anime. Don't know how it'd work but it'd be hella.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
To celebrate Rhythm Heaven's 9th anniversary tomorrow, today we'll be polling on all of the RH candidates:

* Karate Joe:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll376739x254d432B-14

* Marshal:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll376741xc8de3473-14

* Rhythm Girl:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll376744x28B04d46-14

* Rhythm Wrestler:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll376746xc77d161e-14

Go vote!
Yikes those are a lot of no's
I think I saw people thinking their obscure most wanted characters had better chances than a RH rep.
If Best+ comes to the west they are back on relevance

If I had to pick one, it would be Marshal

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yikes those are a lot of no's
I think I saw people thinking their obscure most wanted characters had better chances than a RH rep.
If Best+ comes to the west they are back on relevance

If I had to pick one, it would be Marshal
I'd bet my life Best+ will come here after the usual long localization cycle, so don't worry.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Chorus Kids could be the best characters to Smash Bros that moreover, could be above the Minions or Rabbids of Nintendo and it would make the game and the character to make known, and even more next year taking Rhythm Heaven The Best +

As not confirmed, it will be worse for Nintendo

Last edited:

Greninja19

Smash Rookie
I have a really good feeling that a character from rhythm heaven will be in the game due to the fourth game being released this year in Japan. Popularity for these characters are quite high and a rhythm heaven character does take place in smash in the form of the sneaky spirits in smash run. Honestly, any character from the franchise would be good enough for me! Also, since he has appeared in all of the games and has is known well by fans of the game, I would choose Karate Joe!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Looking back at BluePikmin's polls, Chorus Kids are the only Rhythm Heaven characters that have more "Yes!" and less "No!". It would be less of a surprise if the belief in the Gematsu leak has to do with it since I know even the most hardcore of RH fans would rather have anyone over them. Only time will tell if these are genuine fans of the characters instead of those who still hang on to the leak.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Looking back at BluePikmin's polls, Chorus Kids are the only Rhythm Heaven characters that have more "Yes!" and less "No!". It would be less of a surprise if the belief in the Gematsu leak has to do with it since I know even the most hardcore of RH fans would rather have anyone over them. Only time will tell if these are genuine fans of the characters instead of those who still hang on to the leak.
I mean, nobody really gave Chorus Kids any thought as a playable character until the leak. (nor did Rhythm Heaven have major support in general. The leak really boosted that.) They're such a bizarre choice that wouldn't make any sense until we actually saw them considered or implemented. It's sort of like Wii Fit Trainer, ROB, Game and Watch, and so on.. had anyone made support threads for those characters prior to being in the game, they'd be called crazy, but now we can see how unique and charming they are in action despite the fact that nobody would ever expect or support them.

Even if I hadn't realized how much potential they had as a character prior to it being pointed out, I'm in love with the idea now - as I'm sure a lot of Chorus Kids fans can agree with!

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
If they were put in the game, what style would you prefer? Would you like it if they were turned into 3D models? Or, they get the :4gaw: treatment and stay flat?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If they were put in the game, what style would you prefer? Would you like it if they were turned into 3D models? Or, they get the :4gaw: treatment and stay flat?
I'd say they should remain 2D since most of the Rhythm Heaven trophies remained that way for a reason. While I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with an HD Chorus Kid, it simply will have an Uncanny Valley feel if not done correctly.

So sticking with the ordinal handdrawn still with the squiggly outlines would look the best for these triplets.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Has anyone seen this splashart for Chorus Kids. Thought I'd post it here. Credit goes to @ MrThatkidalex24 MrThatkidalex24
Heh, I love that tagline.
Personally, I see them being more suitable as a 3D fighter. Even if Rhythm Heaven has a cartoony art style, the 2D gimmick is Game and Watch's thing and might make them look a bit out of place. For comparison, here's a fake leak from a while back depicting them in 2D:

Maybe it's just me, but I think they'd be better suited in 3D to fit in. Though if they did go the 2D route, perhaps they could conjure up a new and updated HD sprite of them capturing the same hand drawn vibe with emphasized squiggly outlines and choppy flipbook animation for movement. That unique art style might make them stand out a bit more, rather than being straight up flat.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
IMO they originally were going to animated sprites, my personal theory is that they couldn't finish the animation in time to make it in Smash.
Their animation is very squiggly, so I can imagine lots needs to be done especially with moves that potentially reference other RH games.

Themagnificentmoldy

Smash Apprentice
Personally I think they'd look better in 2D. The entire rhythm heaven aesthetic just feels...right that way, y'know? I mean aside from the 3d mini games in gold and the best plus. Plus their design is very simplistic, and that would look a tad strange in 3d.

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
I know how Chorus Kids will work. I think one or two Chorus should run around stage kinda like Luma does.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Or like Pikmin, it does not need as much capacity as they are in 2D and not be noticed if they were as Pikmin.

Greninja19

Smash Rookie
I feel like if they announce the best plus to be localized, they will then show one of the RH characters for Smash. Popularity for the series is already pretty high as it is, and along with trophies, music, and an enemy from RH already being in smash, it would be crazy to not put a RH rep in smash!

Top Bottom