• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
Animated shorts would be super neat. I'd imagine they would be similar to the official Japanese comics.

Gotta love the Glee Club one:

I had already seen this same comic as well, but this is my favorite minicomic (because these children are so adorably and they are my favorite characters from my game Rhythm Heaven DS, if it was my favorite game)

Last edited:

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
These other comics of Rhythm heaven are fanmade , where I found from tumblr that are not mine and is from fanartist, if those little kids are so adorably, aren't they? :love:

The Chorus Kids comic #1: "Dislike the word -you-"

The Chorus Kids comic #2: "Saved one of Chorus kids by that one stomp guy"

The Chorus Kids comic #3: "That choir boy could learn DJ....and him is not good for DJ"

The Chorus Kids comic #4: "They want to play ping-pong with the pong-guy....after them didn´t known about ping-pong"

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
These other comics of Rhythm heaven are fanmade , where I found from tumblr that are not mine and is from fanartist, if those little kids are so adorably, aren't they? :love:

I've just got to be honest, these comics are so cute! TBH, they're what got me into the Chorus Kids in the first place!

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
I just beat all the achievements in The Best Plus. I'm a bit disappointed there is no Endless Remix or something this time around. You do get a Thank You Image from the Staff though.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
In Smash Bros 3DS, along the course code of Ryu and Roy, exist the 3 holes of characters that were discovered characters, also he stated that there was like 7 holes for upcoming stages, and knowing that soon will leave the Rhythm Heaven 3DS... why not?

In addition, the Wii U a symbol of Rhythm Heaven was shown in the files of characters, and wait for God's sake, that it means to be some DLC, like the scenario also discovered Dr. Mario stage, if that confirmed as DLC, and we can be sure someone exist of Rhythm Heaven character.

By the way, I found this image on a possible Tumblr moveset to Marshall/Chorus Kid.

....I want this so much.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
In Smash Ballot no says nothing will come out that only the firsts in the ranking, no?

If it is only for those who he pleases and have enough votes, then can appear them playable.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I'd rather the Kids be 3D...
I agree, and I think that's what they're going to end up doing if they are implemented. The 2D thing is Game and Watch's gimmick, so I can't see a Rhythm Heaven character stealing his thunder.

Just imagine how adorable a 3D Chorus Kid would be though. This is pretty much the closest thing to a 3D model out there:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
what does it mean

yeah making them flat would be awesome,but unlike game and watch they have a back side
Welcome to Smashboards!

Please refrain from double posting. Instead, use the edit option when wanting to add on to a conversation, and your post is the latest. It goes against the Terms and Rules (with an exception in some cases), which can be found by clicking this, or on the information tab at the bottom of the page.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I'm making an article about how the Chorus Kids can work within 3DS limitation. I will definitely need some aid from you supporters.
Do you guys have suggestions?
I would say definitely draw comparisons to Rosalina and Duck Hunt to accurately get across the concept of a non-AI group character. It's a common misconception that they would have to work like Ice Climbers.

Also, feel free to use anything from my writeup in the RTC thread.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Rhythm Heaven + and Fire Emblem Fates topped the japanese sales charts

Good to see my 2 favorite nintendo franchises get good sales

I'm certain that we'll get an RH character in the next smash

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I'm making an article about how the Chorus Kids can work within 3DS limitation. I will definitely need some aid from you supporters.
Do you guys have suggestions?
You can mention that all three of them could work as one. Three people on one "sprite".
Basically like Duck Hunt, the Dog and the Duck both are there, but they can't be separated.

I also like the idea of only one being visible in the fight, and the others supporting him in some attacks.
Like in the gif, you happened to post a while ago:

Rhythm Heaven Best is still coming to America right? Or did they cancel that.
They technically never announced it for America and Europe.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Rule of Thumb, localization for all Rhythm Heaven games at least take almost a year to get finished. Sad, but true.
Unfortunately, that's about right - especially considering Rhythm Heaven: The Best Plus has a LOT more lyrical themes needing translation compared to the few in past games. It'll be well worth the wait though. I'm actually pretty curious how the translated songs will turn out.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New theory, what if Chorus Kids were going to be in the game and worked within 3DS limitations? But they were going to be in their original animated appearance, just like in the trophy. But due to budget reasons, they couldn't finish animating all of Chorus Kids moves in time.

I found this too:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I hate to triple post like the 3rd chorus kid, but what music do you guys suggest for music while people read the article?
Personally, I want the suggestions to be more on the calm side.
And I personally want some opinions form guys, what makes the RH series great for you?
In-depth explanation is appreciated.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I hate to triple post, but what music do you guys suggest for music while people read the article?
Monkey Watch or Double Date can work. They are one of the more upbeat and calm tracks from the series.

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I hate to triple post like the 3rd chorus kid, but what music do you guys suggest for music while people read the article?
And I personally want some opinions form guys, what makes the RH series great for you?
In-depth explanation is appreciated.
For music I'd suggest "Air Rally", "Remix 4", "Packing Pests" and "Munchy Monk" (The Minigame) from Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise/Rhythm Heaven Fever, and "Ninja Dog" from Rhythm Paradise/Heaven (DS).
I had dozens of others in mind, too, but it really would have been too much!
However, those games are definitely among my favorites. I hope they are calm enough! :p

About what makes Rhythm Paradise/Heaven great for me:

Rhythm Paradise/Heaven is definitely among my favorite Nintendo franchises, but why is the question.
Well, it's probably hard for some people to realize that a franchise without "heavy plot lines" and "epic boss battles" can be great, too. In my opinion, a game definitely doesn't need those things to be great.
And, heck, Rhythm Paradise/Heaven is a lot more challenging than a lot of Triple-A titles combined!

You can have as much skill as you want, if you don't have rhythm, you're "Just O.K."!

But, for me, Rhythm Paradise/Heaven has something that a lot of other games don't have... "Replay value".
And I mean A LOT of replay value.
While I like to play a lot of games again at some point, Rhythm Paradise/Heaven is a series I could play every day, simply because the outcome of the many mini games are always very different.
"Can I get the perfect on this game?" "Will I get the medal this time? Or is it a 'Just O.K.' again?"

It can be very frustrating some times, too. Especially when you just can't get anything right... Personally, this happens to me a lot, since I have rather bad rhythm. (Quite ironic, I know. :shyguy:)
But even when I'm not playing the game every day, I listen to it's music very often.
Just because its music is FANTASTIC. No matter if you prefer the japanese or the english soundtrack, you're going to love it!
I always feel like I'm in Rhythm Heaven when I listen to its soundtrack! (Obvious pun is obvious.:4pacman:)

The great music mixed with the challenging aspect, the funny and cute characters, the overall fun of the many mini games and the simple-but-beautiful art style is just in perfect harmony.
And this is what makes the Rhythm Paradise/Heaven series so great for me. :kirby:

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
First post in this forum and I support the kids.

They're the only ones I've put into The Smash Ballot. :174:

As it is my first post here, I feel it is necessary to post my favorites:
Favorite Song: Love Lab, Remix 5 (GBA), both Karate Man songs (WII), and Remix 8 (WII)
Favorite Minigame: Launch Party and Love Lab

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys. as I'm sure we all know, Satoru Iwata passed away last night. I suggest the Chorus Kids sing a song of prayer for him as he leaves us......:crying:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You can mention that all three of them could work as one. Three people on one "sprite".
Basically like Duck Hunt, the Dog and the Duck both are there, but they can't be separated.

I also like the idea of only one being visible in the fight, and the others supporting him in some attacks.
Like in the gif, you happened to post a while ago:

They technically never announced it for America and Europe.
Can someone write up all the moves he uses in that gif?

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
Can someone write up all the moves he uses in that gif?
Jab - Karate Man (???)
DTilt - Crop Stomp
Ftilt - Lockstep
Utilt- Toss Boys
USmash - The Clappy Trio / Toss Boys
DSmash - Tap Trial (???)
FSmash - Octopus Machine
Dash Attack - Night Walk
NAir - ???
UAir - Cheer Readers
BAir - Air Rally
DAir - Fork Lifter
FAir - Built To Scale
NSpecial - Glee Club
USpecial - See Saw
DSpecial - Karate Man
FSpecial - ???
Entrance - Night Walk
Final Smash - Karate Man

Last edited:

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
Jab - Karate Man (???)
DTilt - Crop Stomp
Ftilt - Lockstep
Utilt- Toss Boys
USmash - The Clappy Trio / Toss Boys
DSmash - Tap Trial (???)
FSmash - Octopus Machine
Dash Attack - Night Walk
NAir - ???
UAir - Cheer Readers
BAir - Air Rally
DAir - Fork Lifter
FAir - Built To Scale
NSpecial - Glee Club
USpecial - See Saw
DSpecial - Karate Man
FSpecial - ???
Entrance - Night Walk
Final Smash - Karate Man
I knew these five moveset are:
  • Jab- The figure fighter (This isn't karate joe, because that is different)
  • Usmash- The clappy trio only, (this is not toss boy, that is Utilt)
  • DSmash- The Tap Trial/The Troupe Trial (I thought these 2 games, but both are the same or similar)
  • NAir- Shrimp shuffle
  • FSpecial- Tambourine (as "Tambourine monkey")

Last edited:
Top Bottom