• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
Just a fun drawing I did earlier (And a change for my Icon!).

An alternative for a Rhythm Heaven Rep I think would be great would be a Karate Joe-Chorus Kid Combo.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
There are so many ideas cropping up lately of multiple rhythm heaven characters fighting together. Inb4 the entirety of the RH cast is playable as a single character. Guess the 3DS can't handle some 100 characters on screen at a single time- :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There are so many ideas cropping up lately of multiple rhythm heaven characters fighting together. Inb4 the entirety of the RH cast is playable as a single character. Guess the 3DS can't handle some 100 characters on screen at a single time- :troll:
Rhythm Tap Troupe, Ringside Duo, and Chorus Karate Men confirmed. :troll:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
More costumes are being announced tomorrow. I guess a Rhythm Heaven costume is possible, although I'm not sure if I want one or not. I don't really like playing as any of the Miis to begin with.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Cut content making it in as DLC?

That sings well to us. I can salvage some hope from this update.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
All the pieces are finally coming together. :shades:

But in all seriousness, this does raise my hopes up a little bit. However, I'm not gonna start riding the hype train just yet.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Just a fun drawing I did earlier (And a change for my Icon!).

An alternative for a Rhythm Heaven Rep I think would be great would be a Karate Joe-Chorus Kid Combo.
Amazing fanart dude, I love it!

So guys, you all feeling optimistic? The fact that Sakurai is now delving into cut content as DLC is exciting news for the Kids. Perhaps we'll get some information via data mining in the upcoming patch.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I'm still afraid that the Chorus Kids were removed because of Ice Climbers reasons and so may never actually come as DLC.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Just because they have meme fame doesn't mean they are a good fit. Karate Man is probably the best alternative for a RH character. He doesn't represent RH as well as the CK, but it's still good.

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
The Dr. Mario stage leak sounds like good news if it's real! Rhythm Heaven GBA's anniversary is close to this update too...so...who knows?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I would personally say Rhythm Girl would be a good rep for RH, if the Chorus Kids don't work out in the end. She seems "ambiguous" enough to the point that she could represent most, if not ALL, of Rhythm Heaven. (BTW, when I say "ambiguous", think of :4villager:, :4villagerf:/:4wiifit:,:4wiifitm: and the whole represent RH thing? Think of :4gaw:, or even :4duckhunt:. Heck, that fan-made Smashified of the "Rhythm Troupe could work.

The link below leads to the artist's work of the Rhythm Troupe. If you see the description of the artwork, he explains how he thinks they would work.

http://pavlovs-walrus.deviantart.com/art/Rhythm-Troupe-Smashified-536965341

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
Those 2 Rhythm Heaven DS and Rhythm Tengoku GBA, if but ... i think about these both games have the same anniversary dates between July 31 and August 3 are very close,
What do you think of these? :confused:.....right? :idea:

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I hope your optimism turns out in your favor.
Personally, I am not very optimistic.

With K. Rool's name trademarked I was very optimistic about him, but we all know how this turned out.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Considering he has considered Chorus Kids before, I do not think we have to worry about them being a costume.
What other RH Mii costumes do you want to see?

Personally I would like to see Munchy Monk, Wrestler, and Karate Joe as costumes.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
They don't really need popularity to get in, even if they have decent support, Sakurai has already judged them worthy to be playable.
I'm pretty sure some form of RH character content is on our way.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Even if they have ben judged to be worthy, if they were cut due to the limitations of the 3DS, that obstacle would still exist.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
They don't really need popularity to get in, even if they have decent support, Sakurai has already judged them worthy to be playable.
I'm pretty sure some form of RH character content is on our way.
You certain about that? Because they didn't make it onto the roster, for reasons we can only speculate. I find it hard to believe that whatever issues they may have had would simply disappear with the advent of DLC.

D

Deleted member

But do they have the popularity needed to do well in the ballot? Only time will tell.
I don't want to sound Cynical, but the Ballot seems more like a scam to me right now.

EDIT:something tells me that only 1 character will be choosen because of the ballot

Last edited by a moderator:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Man, I have a really good feeling about this update. I really do believe Sakurai is willing to add another unique addition to the roster that he's already shown interest in implementing, and now that we're getting the cut content that was alongside the Chorus Kids, I can't help but be a bit excited.

I suppose we don't have to worry about Mii outfit deconfirmation much either - you can't have one Chorus Kid without the other two, heh. Speaking of which, Karate Joe and Wandering Samurai strike me as perfect costumes for the Brawler and Swordfighter if they don't make it in as playable.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
That you are heavy with the limitations of the 3DS, for they have no problem, they can be together as dog and duck of duck hunt, and above would be very easy BECAUSE THEY ARE IN 2D.

As this leak is real and confirm the Chorus Kids are to eat their words and excuses of limitations.

And as always, sorry for writing so strange, not much English but anyway I wanted to register that sweat and blood support these characters.

EDIT: And neither would be depressed if the Chorus Kids after all confirmed as outfit, I love you anyway, as if one would confirm it as icon in the online information.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I don't want to sound Cynical, but the Ballot seems more like a scam to me right now.

EDIT:something tells me that only 1 character will be choosen because of the ballot
Well if you wanna take Sakurai's word for it, we can apparently expect "only several."
I definitely don't think it'll only be one though. At least 2 or 3.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
SOMEONE FINALY MADE A GIGAMIX WITH ALL THE GAMES FROM ALL 4 RHTYHM HEAVEN GAMES

This one includes a list of all the games in order: in the desccription
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXkAZ0vDvCk

This one is the original I think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJmoABccX3I

ITS SO GOOOD I love how they blended every song with each other, I love Fillbots with Screwbot Factory (And Mannequin Factory), all the Built to Scale together (I'm now sad because there is no BtS in Best+), all the Karate Joe's, all the Samurai's. Also the part with Frog Hop, Bunny Hop and Tram & Pauline, it was hard for me to notice when the song changed, its really great. Fanclub and the Dazzlers UNGH this is just so great. I wished he included "I love you my one and only" but at least it has "Honey Sweet Angel of Love".

It's missing Rockers though... And has Ashley's Song for like 2 seconds for some reason.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
SOMEONE FINALY MADE A GIGAMIX WITH ALL THE GAMES FROM ALL 4 RHTYHM HEAVEN GAMES

This one includes a list of all the games in order: in the desccription
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXkAZ0vDvCk

This one is the original I think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJmoABccX3I

ITS SO GOOOD I love how they blended every song with each other, I love Fillbots with Screwbot Factory (And Mannequin Factory), all the Built to Scale together (I'm now sad because there is no BtS in Best+), all the Karate Joe's, all the Samurai's. Also the part with Frog Hop, Bunny Hop and Tram & Pauline, it was hard for me to notice when the song changed, its really great. Fanclub and the Dazzlers UNGH this is just so great. I wished he included "I love you my one and only" but at least it has "Honey Sweet Angel of Love".

It's missing Rockers though... And has Ashley's Song for like 2 seconds for some reason.
This is amazing...

I'm speechless...

Top Bottom