• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Choose 3 characters for an "Echo Fighter Pass"

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
i dont think thatd be a problem for smash
If I recall correctly, Sakurai likes to represent the game through the character if he can; they could just replace those two moves, but keeping them would be false representation, more than just the character using moves they don’t learn in their game while another does.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That's fair I guess, but at what point does Sakurai draw the line for "ok this character can borrow from this part of the series, but not this other part"?
Don’t the other characters only borrow stuff from games they appear in?

Though I guess PAC-MAN steals from Mappy and summons characters in his taunt...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If I recall correctly, Sakurai likes to represent the game through the character if he can; they could just replace those two moves, but keeping them would be false representation, more than just the character using moves they don’t learn in their game while another does.
he has made some stuff up before to be fair

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
he has made some stuff up before to be fair
I guess so, though this would be weird since he isn’t making up moves but taking from a game the character isn’t in instead of using stuff they can do or could maybe use in their own game.

I can see him having PK Freeze like Lucas, however, with some different normal moves, up-Smash, and down-Smash.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I guess so, though this would be weird since he isn’t making up moves but taking from a game the character isn’t in instead of using stuff they can do or could maybe use in their own game.

I can see him having PK Freeze like Lucas, however, with some different normal moves, up-Smash, and down-Smash.
to be fair i never said hed make them up out of thin air but lets face it you never know what sakurai does

Kaze Arashi

Smash Journeyman
Queens New York. Occasionally in Smashville
NNID
marshie2014
Octoling over Inkling- obvious

Sceptile over Greninja- reptile vs amphibian, and both share sleek, speedy styles of battle. Also XYZ anime made it so popular

As much as paeople want shadow, I'm more for metal sonic over sonic- the og sonic clone, more iconic villain, and has more unique abilities such as overdrive, black shield etc. while retaining some of sonic's compared to shadow who's strict to chaos powers

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Octoling over Inkling- obvious

Sceptile over Greninja- reptile vs amphibian, and both share sleek, speedy styles of battle. Also XYZ anime made it so popular

As much as paeople want shadow, I'm more for metal sonic over sonic- the og sonic clone, more iconic villain, and has more unique abilities such as overdrive, black shield etc. while retaining some of sonic's compared to shadow who's strict to chaos powers
Metal Sonic is my favorite character in the series.
But I don’t like him portrayed as a straight up clone. I mean yeah, he was built to match or surpass Sonic, but he clearly has tricks at his disposal, an arsenal, that It makes me feel like they underplay Metal Sonic when he becomes a Sonic skin.

Now, if they at least give him electric properties to his attacks (particularly his aerials) then I’m all for it.

... and yeah, I’m aware that same thing can be said about Shadow, but one could more or less debate that he needs a chaos emerald in hand for his Chaos abilities.

I’d be happy with either. More happy about Metal, if I felt they made him justice.

If Icould give him at least 2 new but recycled specials to make him feel like Metal Sonic, I’d give him an electric version of both Flare Blitz and Nayru’s Love.

But a barebones echo, I think Shadow does the job better, IMHO. :p

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
Gooey as a Kirby Echo: Gooey could have a tether grab and a different Up B (Dark Laser Flare from KSA). While it'd probably be too much work for an Echo (since he'd need a lot of completely new animations) it'd be really cool to have the original Kirby P2 (unless you count Keeby or TAC in Super Star).
But how would he copy abilities though? That's what I'm wondering.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Kasumi Yoshizawa (Joker)
Jeanne (Bayonetta)
Akuma (Ryu)

I was going to say Medusa, but I want her to have an original moveset. Funky Kong over DK would be cool, too, if they gave him the Chrom treatment.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Dixie Kong
Octoling
Impa

Yeah. I think they may be the most 'deserving.'
Yes, I think in terms of 'deserving' as well as gameplay.

Though if we got a Meowth and a Detective Pikachu echo, well, I'd understand.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Dixie Kong
Octoling
Impa

Yeah. I think they may be the most 'deserving.'
Yes, I think in terms of 'deserving' as well as gameplay.

Though if we got a Meowth and a Detective Pikachu echo, well, I'd understand.
who would mewoth be an echo of?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa as a Sheik Echo
Funky Kong as a DK Echo

And am really torn with the last choice because I don’t want Dixie as a Echo fighter. She needs to be mostly unique.

So I choose Slippy Toad as a Falco Echo. Because that would be hilarious.

Combew

Smash Rookie
Shadow for :ultsonic:
(Just got into ff15 so) Noctis for :ultcloud: (honestly dont know how it would work but noctis is edgy so hes "cool")

Funky Kong for :ultdk:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
For me, it would have to be:

#43ε - Tetra

#64ε - Octoling

#55ε - Ms. Pac-Man

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
not sure of the reasoning but fair enough
They are both Pokemon who function in the role of partner, not a typical fighting Pokemon, who talk.
They have different personalities, but could use a similar trope.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Gonna make two. One for first party and one for third party.

10e: Ninten
36e: Dixie Kong
64e: Octolings

31e: Big Boss
38e: Shadow
55e: Ms. Pac Man

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
:ultmegaman: - Protoman
:ultshulk: - Malos
:ultpokemontrainer: - Galar Trainer

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Dixie Kong - Diddy Kong
Might have to be like Ken in the amount of differences from Diddy.
Black Shadow - Captain Falcon
An easy one. Change some of the animations and make the effects all shadowy instead.
Alph - Olimar
Yeah he's a costume. But I'd still like to see him get upgraded to echo. He deserves it.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Medusa (Palutena): basically Dark Palutena. Would honestly work if you just gave her attacks dark/fire properties. Her counter turns people into stone and has to be mashed out of. Her fsmash is the snakes lashing out and her dsmash raises fire/dark beams like Megaman's.

Dixie (Diddy): her recovery is her helicopter twirl and her standard is the bubble gum gun. Maybe incorporate her hair into her grabs.

Impa (Shiek): Done in the Hyrule Warriors style. Slower and not as combo heavy but her attacks hit a lot harder. Vanish and the grenade stun like deku nuts. Her needles do significant shield damage if blocked.
These are my picks exactly. Impa and Dixie are really the only 2 Nintendo characters that I really want now. And I love Medusa. I would be ecstatic if they got in

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Echo fighter pass you say...

1) Dixie Kong (Diddy Echo with Donkey’s up b)
2) Octoling (Inkling Echo)
3) Impa (Greninja Echo with Sheik’s up and forward b)

Or go third party:

1) Tails (Sonic Echo but his up B works like ROB)
2) Akuma (Ken Echo)
3) Ms Pac Man (Meta Knight Echo)

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Dr. Luigi > Luigi
Shadow > Sonic
Protoman > Mega Man

Honorable mentions:
Dixie Kong > Diddy Kong (not 100% an echo, some new moves with her hair would be cool)
Ninten > Ness/Lucas (hybrid echo like Chrom, but with new moves too)
Phoenix Wright > Apollo Justice (Just incase Phoenix gets to Smash)

Top Bottom