• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicken Coop Smash tourny April 18th Yorkville, Il Brawl and Melee

Zjiin

Smash Master
I might be coming to this since i'm definitely not going to MoO. It depends on whether or not i can ride with someone form my area here. We'll see.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Zjiin I would go with you if this wasn't my prom. Why would you be driving 7 hours when this directly beside Chicago...I thought thats where you lived?

Zjiin

Smash Master
Yeah, but the turnout 7 hours away will be huge. If I really wanted to spend the money and time i would definitely go.

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
how was the melee situation last time? i'm kind of tempted to go if there's a decent turnout.

also, how many setups and players were there?

Scythe

Smash Master
There's was like 14 people for melee and that was with POE2 going on. So there will prolly be more this tiem around. I believe we had 3 setups for melee.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'm assuming doubles wouldn't be possible with such low attendance, since half of the people will prob not want to, like always.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
meh if people don't show for melee doubles then w/e i mean people will still be there already for brawl doubles...

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
interesting. if the jazzness and brightside are going to go for sure, i'll come. haven't played those guys in a while.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
so like is anybody going to come for melee for this still? >_>

i really don't see why if you don't like a game that you don't want to come because of that. It just sounds really childish to me.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
so like is anybody going to come for melee for this still? >_>

i really don't see why if you don't like a game that you don't want to come because of that. It just sounds really childish to me.
your post says:

i know you dont like brawl
but come play brawl anyways
*insert insult here*

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
your post says:

i know you dont like brawl
but come play brawl anyways
*insert insult here*
what my post really means:
brawl will be there but you don't have to play it.
melee will be there play that if thats your game.
if thats really your only reason for not coming or making another the tournament on the same day, its just a bad one, but i guess this is why more people don't show up to C.O.B. for melee.

but if that really is your attitude i doubt there is anything i can do to change it, but this is why melee community is going to shrink or just stay the same. I was just trying to help it but people like you just hurt it when you don't do anything to try to introduce new people to the game. and having both brawl and melee is the best way to do this even if you don't like the other game.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'm not going to lie, Sveet pulled one hell of a jerk move doing his thing on the same day and pulling people from this. I can't speak for everyone here, but as far as myself, there was only like a 5 or 10% chance of me coming due to the fact that i wouldn't have stayed for brawl at all.

Norm , your intentions are good, especially since you are trying to open people up to a game, or games that they might never have tried before. Melee players just hate to be around Brawl for the most part though, which is prob why melee can't get attendence for local tourneys.

Leech

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to lie, Sveet pulled one hell of a jerk move doing his thing on the same day and pulling people from this. I can't speak for everyone here, but as far as myself, there was only like a 5 or 10% chance of me coming due to the fact that i wouldn't have stayed for brawl at all.

Norm , your intentions are good, especially since you are trying to open people up to a game, or games that they might never have tried before. Melee players just hate to be around Brawl for the most part though, which is prob why melee can't get attendence for local tourneys.
Then wtf.. people show up for melee at dk's tourny right? like 20 sum people the last time i went.... he has like 8+ games there all the time, if i didn't like one of them and there was another tourny on the same day.. should i just go to that one? Ignoring things is something that people should just learn to do.. if they dont like brawl ignore it, come for melee. sveet did pull a jerk move, he could have scheduled a different date. and to even post it in Norm's tourny thread was very jerk-y.

Zjiin

Smash Master
It's true Leech, but a venue that has all setups for all melee all day is usaully preferred over a tourney that has to share it's setups, and potentially has not enough interest to more than one melee event. It's not about ignoring or not ignoring Brawl, it's about the most effiecient use of space and time and people's preferences.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
It's true Leech, but a venue that has all setups for all melee all day is usaully preferred over a tourney that has to share it's setups, and potentially has not enough interest to more than one melee event. It's not about ignoring or not ignoring Brawl, it's about the most effiecient use of space and time and people's preferences.
damian with the epic post yet again...ur 2 good son

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
well there should be plenty of hot dogs.. but yeah i'm just doing brawl now sense sveet stole all the melee turn out.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
in honesty when i started mine i didnt know yours was on the same day. i was looking at dates of tourneys and must have glaced over yours. when it was pointed out to me, i had already started making plans and had people wanting this melee tournament, so i stuck with it.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
in honesty when i started mine i didnt know yours was on the same day. i was looking at dates of tourneys and must have glaced over yours. when it was pointed out to me, i had already started making plans and had people wanting this melee tournament, so i stuck with it.
Aww, how cute. That was almost an apology lol.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
lol 3 people showed up besides me, so it just turned into a smashfest with hotdogs and pop. oh well i still had fun for the most part. i'll see everyone next week so w/e.

Leech

Smash Journeyman
wtf? 3 ppl.. how many did u have last time? i would have came but i couldnt get a ride anywhere yesterday. plus i thought it said yorktown not yorkville. there was 2 tournies yesterday.. i couldnt go to any of them. =[

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
there was like 15 last time, but oh well. i probably won't be having any more of these. just probably play n trade tournaments.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
ya but that one has its own thread which is not 3 months old . man why am i even bumpin thsi can we just agree not to post in this anymore :urg:

Top Bottom