• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

([Chicago Area Smashfests]) MELEE ONLY -4-9-09

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Not that I can really help in this endeavor but I think it would be really cool if maybe 3 or 4 different people in the Chicago area were able to do fests with some regularity, that way people could switch up playing in different areas, playing more diverse competition etc. Obviously I havent thought this through thoroughly so I dont know if its really feasible. But meh.
I like that idea.

I'm gonna talk to a buddy of mine from school... He has a small apartment, but is getting into smash, and looks like he's looking to improve.

Zjiin, how many people would you say come to these?

TRE1

Smash Apprentice
I'd say much less than that......
there was a point in time when there was only like four of us, but it varies. Definately expect to have big turnouts with school letting out and such

also, I'll see what I can do for those of us in the western burbs or who ever wants to make the trip

JustOwnin

Smash Apprentice
TO: DA BEAR X

Fate. Although the law of attraction proven by quantum physics and several serious experimentations say that we create our OWN reality. Sometimes, events are preordained to occur through prediction of the reality we choose or through the will of a being grander.

DA BEAR X

Destiny was to become my property! He was suppose to fall at the hands of OWNAGE! For those who dance to the beat of life become hypnotized slaves of it! And it was OWNAGE who along with Destiny, Death, Eternity, and Infinity comprised this beat! OWNAGE that created the large intergalactic beat box in which it is played! And it is JUSTOWNIN DA FINAL BOSS who all that listen to this beat is slaves of!

Da Bear X was suppose to fall! He had not the strength nor comprehension to change his destiny! But something occured! It seems my fellow personifying forces throughout reality had grown fearful of my increasing power!

Even them being children of the atom I exist as an entity within itself and it seemed more and more probable to them that I would soon RECREATE THE MULTI-VERSE in my OWN image!

They were correct! The revamping of REALITY ITSELF was planned for that night! For Destiny, Death, Eternity, Infinity, and The Living Tribunal to stop this they had to put a ripple in what I was. For some materials can not tear until cut even the slightest! As such they found I, JustOwnin, a personification of OWNAGE put on Earth to OWN kn3wbz in videogames and focused all their infinitely vast powers on forcing their will to make me lose the endurance match against Da Bear! But if Da Bear won that means he'd simply OWN for all victory over opponent comes from the forces of OWNAGE! I would not be OWNED, I would simply synergize with myself! As such they seeped all the OWNAGE FROM HIM and replaced it with their OWN powers!

That way, an inconsistancy in what OWNAGE is would exisxt and OWNAGE would be OWNED!

Although it took the GRANDEST AND MOTS POWERFUL ENTITIES WITH THE UNIVERSE to do it somehow they were successful!

I was not able to reshape the universe and the force of OWNAGE is being sucked within a whirl pooled chain reaction of OWNING itself into nothingness! The only way to save the force of OWNAGE as we know it for me to redo what was done and DEFEAT DA BEAR X! This time I have used the powers ih ave left to trap those personifying sentinces of hte universe with illusionary barriers until next wednesday! As such you shall receive no intergalactic help and serve as no avator for some goldy force!

You will be OWNED and all wil be set right in the world!

For you all donot relaize that if OWNAGE owns itself into nothingness the universe will OWNPLODE OWNING YOU ALL INTO NOTHINGNESs!

Zjiin

Smash Master
TO: DA BEAR X

Fate. Although the law of attraction proven by quantum physics and several serious experimentations say that we create our OWN reality. Sometimes, events are preordained to occur through prediction of the reality we choose or through the will of a being grander.

DA BEAR X

Destiny was to become my property! He was suppose to fall at the hands of OWNAGE! For those who dance to the beat of life become hypnotized slaves of it! And it was OWNAGE who along with Destiny, Death, Eternity, and Infinity comprised this beat! OWNAGE that created the large intergalactic beat box in which it is played! And it is JUSTOWNIN DA FINAL BOSS who all that listen to this beat is slaves of!

Da Bear X was suppose to fall! He had not the strength nor comprehension to change his destiny! But something occured! It seems my fellow personifying forces throughout reality had grown fearful of my increasing power!

Even them being children of the atom I exist as an entity within itself and it seemed more and more probable to them that I would soon RECREATE THE MULTI-VERSE in my OWN image!

They were correct! The revamping of REALITY ITSELF was planned for that night! For Destiny, Death, Eternity, Infinity, and The Living Tribunal to stop this they had to put a ripple in what I was. For some materials can not tear until cut even the slightest! As such they found I, JustOwnin, a personification of OWNAGE put on Earth to OWN kn3wbz in videogames and focused all their infinitely vast powers on forcing their will to make me lose the endurance match against Da Bear! But if Da Bear won that means he'd simply OWN for all victory over opponent comes from the forces of OWNAGE! I would not be OWNED, I would simply synergize with myself! As such they seeped all the OWNAGE FROM HIM and replaced it with their OWN powers!

That way, an inconsistancy in what OWNAGE is would exisxt and OWNAGE would be OWNED!

Although it took the GRANDEST AND MOTS POWERFUL ENTITIES WITH THE UNIVERSE to do it somehow they were successful!

I was not able to reshape the universe and the force of OWNAGE is being sucked within a whirl pooled chain reaction of OWNING itself into nothingness! The only way to save the force of OWNAGE as we know it for me to redo what was done and DEFEAT DA BEAR X! This time I have used the powers ih ave left to trap those personifying sentinces of hte universe with illusionary barriers until next wednesday! As such you shall receive no intergalactic help and serve as no avator for some goldy force!

You will be OWNED and all wil be set right in the world!

For you all donot relaize that if OWNAGE owns itself into nothingness the universe will OWNPLODE OWNING YOU ALL INTO NOTHINGNESs!
Seriously, no one except maybe DaBear reads these things. Stop polluting my thread and use PMs or aim.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Not that I can really help in this endeavor but I think it would be really cool if maybe 3 or 4 different people in the Chicago area were able to do fests with some regularity, that way people could switch up playing in different areas, playing more diverse competition etc. Obviously I havent thought this through thoroughly so I dont know if its really feasible. But meh.
Or better yet, 3 or 4 people could all hold weekly smashfests on different days. This of course isn't realistic, but if it was, we would own FC. Too bad...

I like that idea.

I'm gonna talk to a buddy of mine from school... He has a small apartment, but is getting into smash, and looks like he's looking to improve.

Zjiin, how many people would you say come to these?
Well that is 2

I'd say much less than that......
there was a point in time when there was only like four of us, but it varies. Definately expect to have big turnouts with school letting out and such

also, I'll see what I can do for those of us in the western burbs or who ever wants to make the trip
you live in wheaton right? That is like 10 minutes from here. That is 3

Wow, Zjiin you should have said you were going to cancel a loooong time ago. I hope that all these work out. This would be like the midwests new york/rhode island area.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Wow, Zjiin you should have said you were going to cancel a loooong time ago. I hope that all these work out. This would be like the midwests new york/rhode island area.
#1. People who are usuals here, know that it was going to be cancelled at the end of may for a loooong time.

#2. If 2 months isn't enough notice, then it really says something about the likelyhood of this continuing.

#3. For someone who's never been to these, you sure have a lot of opinion on it.

alcheato

Smash Ace
I'll be there today if this weather picks up, but do you mind if I get there a bit early? Say 5:30-ish just to make sure I can find the place.

JustOwnin

Smash Apprentice
**** GUYS! I had been plannin to come full force but a LOT of bull**** with this WCG (World Cyber Games) DOA online qualifiers was goin down.

Basically me and Perfect Legend (winner of evo2k6 doa tourny and considered top 3 doa player in america) was in the same single elimination pool as me.

He was complaining to high hell that it's not fair that two of the best players on the fu ckin earth play each other in online qualifiers so early in the tournament. I didnn't care, he was gonna get OWNED anyway.

Basically 4 people qualify out of the single elim pools and its me him and two other scrubs. We're suppose to play saturday and sunday so i tell him we play sunday and then I hit up his cellphone 12 times in one day and send him BILLIONS of friends request and he doesn't even reply. Usually when I call his *** even if he gettin' head from his **** girlfriend he ****ING ANSWERS!

This kn3wb, cause he knows the admins and tourny runners phone numbers, CALLS THEM and tells them that me nor ladra did not show up online when we were idiling waiting for his *** to accept our friends requests.

So what do WCG do?

THEY DECLARE HIM THE WINNER OF THE WHOLE 4-MAN DOUBLE ELIMINATION BRACKET WITHOUT HIM OR ANYBODY FIGHTING A SINGLE FIGHT!

JustOwnin could not let such a dishonorable thing go down. So I[ contacted MY CONTACTS and got the C E ****ING O's number of the **** company and tell him what went down.

As such, after going over the evidence carl lies his way out of it and instead of disqualifying him they just have us do the whole dammn bracket anyway and give us tues day and wednesday to do.

I was to busy OWNING my way through the tourny last night and winning the online qualifiers for doa WCG to show up. If carl hadn't cheated, I would have been free last night.

HERES THE LINK TO THE RIDICULOUSLY LONG THEAD GLORIFYING MY VICTORY!

http://www.doacentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16731

Only thing useful their is the youtube video and I suggest you begin reading after

"Things kn3wbz need to know about JustOwnin" and skip the actual thread.

Zjiin

Smash Master
**** GUYS! I had been plannin to come full force but a LOT of bull**** with this WCG (World Cyber Games) DOA online qualifiers was goin down..
This is the only sentence i read, and all i have to say is DoA is pretty gay. Life bars are for people who can't play smash.

Where is this goin 2 be held @?...and it starts around 6ish this saturday??
. . .

You should read the first page of this thread.

Lenca

Smash Journeyman
what up ppl... is it alright if me and someone else could start coming to your smashfest?

where in wheeling IL.. wouldn't be able to arrive until 12am though.. would it be alright ?

Zjiin

Smash Master
what up ppl... is it alright if me and someone else could start coming to your smashfest?

where in wheeling IL.. wouldn't be able to arrive until 12am though.. would it be alright ?
Not a problem. Most of the guys who plan on leaving around 1 or 2 am are usually there till 3 or 4 anyways. The amount of smash we play past midnight is dependent on who is there, and how often we look at our watches.

coolgy023

Smash Cadet
What a great ending to the crew battle, with me suiciding lol. Hopefully you put the crew battle up where I actually did well. By the way, nice work with the editing, damian.

Zjiin

Smash Master
What a great ending to the crew battle, with me suiciding lol. Hopefully you put the crew battle up where I actually did well. By the way, nice work with the editing, damian.
lol

Good news: We all know you're a good player, and the suicides were a fluke. DaBear mindgames made you do it. (Pete Chen also got the shaft, and i'm not happy on how i got chute'd on G&W's story)

Bad News: Since it's so time consuming to put all these together, I am only putting up one per week, and that was the closest one we had. (Eddie is going to kill me that the one where he took out like 5 people isn't going up.)

Although, I will put up more 1v1's on youtube.
(Did anyone else notice we didn't have Battlefield on random?)

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
yo, bad news. i watched.

THAT WAS THE MOST ******** CREW BATTLE EVER.

if u need details as to why i iwll post them but omg i feel like banning u guys from smash, except eddien adn chen.

Zjiin

Smash Master
yo, bad news. i watched.

THAT WAS THE MOST ******** CREW BATTLE EVER.

if u need details as to why i iwll post them but omg i feel like banning u guys from smash, except eddien adn chen.
lol, yeh it was pretty bad. Everyone did stuff they shouldn't have, so post your thoughts.

Postcount+++

(just address all complaints and mistakes as "highlights")

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
no, they are LOWLIGHTS

1. the first fox tried to camp SOOO bad, but failed SOOO bad (thank YOU midwest)
2. the marth had NO IDEA how to approach. i remember watching him just sit there, trying to get an fsmash off. it was so sad i almost lolled. ALMOST. (thank YOU midwest)
3. the mario's edgeguarding consisted of random capes or fsmashes. i remember one time eddie was on the side he did fsmash cape cape fsmash. i nearly threw my controller.
4.dabear did a total of 0 dsmashes. 0 DSMASHES. dabear we need to have a LONNGGGGGGGG talk. dabear also tried to approach falco with nair....WTF??????????
5. zjin's falcon is now called "sh+a+direction". i dont think he did one purposeful aerial properly the entire match. he just threw out ****. it was just random moves. not only that, but he didnt fall back on his nair ONCE.
6. there was a GAME AND WATCH in the video.
7.dashfox or w/e edgeguarded ruben with AN UPB. and he ATTACKED WITH AN UPB. (this is where i pissed myself from being so confused)
8. ruben sd'd more times than ive mastrubated today. THAT IS JUST SHAMEFUL.

Zjiin

Smash Master
no, they are LOWLIGHTS

1. the first fox tried to camp SOOO bad, but failed SOOO bad (thank YOU midwest)
2. the marth had NO IDEA how to approach. i remember watching him just sit there, trying to get an fsmash off. it was so sad i almost lolled. ALMOST. (thank YOU midwest)
3. the mario's edgeguarding consisted of random capes or fsmashes. i remember one time eddie was on the side he did fsmash cape cape fsmash. i nearly threw my controller.
4.dabear did a total of 0 dsmashes. 0 DSMASHES. dabear we need to have a LONNGGGGGGGG talk. dabear also tried to approach falco with nair....WTF??????????
5. zjin's falcon is now called "sh+a+direction". i dont think he did one purposeful aerial properly the entire match. he just threw out ****. it was just random moves. not only that, but he didnt fall back on his nair ONCE.
6. there was a GAME AND WATCH in the video.
7.dashfox or w/e edgeguarded ruben with AN UPB. and he ATTACKED WITH AN UPB. (this is where i pissed myself from being so confused)
8. ruben sd'd more times than ive mastrubated today. THAT IS JUST SHAMEFUL.
1. Welcome to the world of Kels
5. lol, pretty much
6. lol
7. yeh i have no idea
8. Ruben was on PCP, not his fault.

Top Bottom