• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibi-Robo plugs into smash

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Chibi Robo is one of my most wanted newcomers. To be fair, I have a bunch of most wanted, but he would bring another series and another adorable character to the game.

Can someone link me to the Fire Chibi photo? Maybe we can look at the fire and make unnecessary conjecture.
Oh sure, I can help with that one.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
OMG! Everyone else was burning in the Smash Trailer!!! Coincidnce? I think not!

Aaaaah. Hate to say it, but this does hype me up a bit, which is good, but not if I want my heart broken again. Please little guy, use that burning rage, and get noticed.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It means the theme of this current Smash bros is "the world is burning...shiiittt"

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Did they ever say what the flaming Chibi-Robo was suppose to mean?
It was always meant to be a teaser for Dark Souls Switch.

Compare the pose to Soltaire from the same game and he is burning like the campfire from the Chosen Undead.

I do want to believe there is more to that, but I'd rather not get too hype over the similarities.

Last edited:

zack4812

Smash Apprentice
Maaaaan, I'm really hoping he makes it in. He's one of the few major classic franchises that is still relevant without a spot in Smash.

zack4812

Smash Apprentice
not sure classic is the right word the series is only twelve years old
People have nostalgia for the GameCube and even the Wii now, so I feel like the series is old enough to be considered a classic franchise.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Compare the pose to Soltaire from the same game and he is burning like the campfire from the Chosen Undead.

I do want to believe there is more to that, but I'd rather not get too hype over the similarities.
Inb4 someone says "Chibi Robo is the Dark Souls of all Smash requests".

slambros

Smash Ace
Chibi-Robo has much more of a chance this time around in my opinion. I think he fits the wheelhouse of the type of character the developers consistently go for. Plus, Nintendo refuses to forget him. That's a plus.

I hope Chibi-Robo manages to get in because he'd make for a unique addition.

:171:

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Still up for it, but not feeling the chances as much rn. Thought he would've been perfect for DLC last time around, but that didn't happen. I guess we'll see.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
When did Chibi Robo become one of my most wanted characters?

And how is that possible when I have only played ziplash?

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I just recently picked up Zip Lash and the amiibo for $8. Currently playing through it and I can see why it wasn't well received. The game is a unique twist on a platformer, but a lot of it is repetitve (except for the levels that you're on a skateboard, waveboard, etc), the bosses are boring, and the characters you give the snacks too are forgettable. It has the charm of Chibi-Robo and pros in aspects of it's level design, but it's overall a bland game. I still love the character and his first game and definitely think he needs to return to his roots. That might not ever happen unfortunately

D

Deleted member

I've only really played Zip Lash, but I adore that quirky, colorful, experimental era of early 2000's Nintendo games that he comes from. And Olimar's the only thing we have from it in Smash, even if Pikmin has come such a long way since 2001.

Support!

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
As the OP of the Chibi-Robo thread from brawl speculation and Smash 4 speculation, I hope all of us Chibi supporters get some good news!

I know fogbadge was a proactive Chibi Robo supporter during those days so I’m glad to see them running this thread!!

Also: I do think there was something suspicious about that tweet, I’m not giving up hope.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

As someone who does not / has not yet played Dark Souls, it really doesn't look all that similar to me.
It looks much more cartoony, particularly the fire.
But maybe that is semantics.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
As someone who does not / has not yet played Dark Souls, it really doesn't look all that similar to me.
It looks much more cartoony, particularly the fire.
But maybe that is semantics.
I saw that post too, but that tweet had nothing to do with Dark Souls. At all.

What’s weird about it to me is that the social media person still had any files for Zip Lash. That was very specific and random considering it’s been almost 3 years since the release of Zip Lash.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

What’s weird about it to me is that the social media person still had any files for Zip Lash. That was very specific and random considering it’s been almost 3 years since the release of Zip Lash.
So Chibi Robo remake confirmed?

We can hope.

merchantofsalt

Smash Apprentice
Chibi-Robo is definitely a dark horse pick that I would love to see in Smash, unlikely as it is. Sadly I think the relative failure of Zip-Lash means he will be banished to "minor franchise" obscurity with the likes of Sin & Punishment and so on.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman

There were two reasons they chose that picture of Chibi-Robo. One, they wanted people to know that there was something to get excited about. A character on fire conveys that pretty well. Two, the Direct was a surprise Direct, meaning they announced it in very little time. The last time they did that was 3 years ago, when, among other things, they announced Chibi-Robo Zip Lash was coming to North America. It was a clever hint to what they were planning. You could also argue that there was a Dark Souls connection, but that's tenuous at best. It doesn't mean anything regarding Chibi-Robo's Smash potential, other than Nintendo knowing that he exists. He has a good shot of making the cut, with his Amiibo showing that Nintendo cares about his franchise. I'm hopeful he can get in, but let's not have this thread devolve into conspiracy theories about one tweet. Chibi-Robo can survive on his own merits.

Phoebee

Smash Cadet
I feel kinda bad for neglecting to put this little guy on my prediction roster/wishlist. He seems rather likely...his games have been getting more attention, and he's right up there with Olimar for an iconic GameCube era character. Also, he feels pretty perfect for smash! I support!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
As the OP of the Chibi-Robo thread from brawl speculation and Smash 4 speculation, I hope all of us Chibi supporters get some good news!

I know fogbadge was a proactive Chibi Robo supporter during those days so I’m glad to see them running this thread!!

Also: I do think there was something suspicious about that tweet, I’m not giving up hope.
well he is pretty much top of my list of wanted characters

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
I definitely support Chibi-Robo in smash.
I haven't played as much of his games as I'd like. but I do love the quirky nature of them.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
After seeing him in Super Smash Flash 2, I'm convinced that Chibi-Robo would make an excellent addition to Smash. He's quirky and unique to fit the series, and easily represents Nintendo's more adventurous side when it comes to the more out there titles. He's also just a personal favorite hidden gem of the Nintendo catalog and I'd love for him to get more attention, and maybe more people to play the original Chibi Robo if they ever release say a Virtual Console for Gamecube on Switch. He's the little robot that I don't want to fade from Nintendo history.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So I made this Smash Discord that's all about smaller Nintendo series like Chibi Robo, and I feel some of you guys would feel right at home.

What do you say? You want to be in for the ride?

https://discord.gg/R2ZeTqW

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I loved the first game a lot when I played it back in the day.

I believe that Ziplash was only made to create interesting new moves for chibi robo to use to get him into Smash Bros. Like Punch Out Wii did. It's gonna happen fam

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Just so you guys know, we're rating Chibi-Robo in Rate Their Chances. Keep your chance scores realistic, but give him some good want scores for me.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
It's still Waluigi time, but I'm waiting for the cutest robo to get his time, yes. So, trust me, I'll do my best.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I only played photo finder hated the photo gimmick but loved the world concept. I also do remember playing the original one back when Mac Donald's had those play areas and it was Neat. You know if they experimented a little more on their established features they can do something cool. and maybe open the world a little bit more bigger. Then i think they can make Chibi Robo amazing. Heck if they were ambitious they could!

Enchess

Smash Lord
I want Chibi-Robo in Smash because I've never played Chibi-Robo on Gamecube and I'm hoping his inclusion would generate enough popularity for a Switch port.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I want the guy actually really badly, I just don’t know though since his series is on life-support at this point. I really am hoping Zip-Lash isn’t the series swan song. He could be really unique in Smash, using a lot of the appliances he gets in his game, and even his own plug. Sign me up!

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
Even if the Chibi-Robo series is supposedly finished, I don't see why he couldn't still be put into Smash, especially since his last game was only released a few years ago as of now. Chibi-Robo's appearance in SSF2 is what made me check out the series. I've played through a good portion of the original and I must say I like the game a lot. Chibi-Robo has a lot of potential with all the different items he has at his disposal, and now we know even his plug is a viable weapon! I'd love to see what Nintendo would do for a moveset. I definitely support this.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Sign me up for some Chibi-Robo support. He's easily in my top ten most wanted.

Imagine if Smash revitalised interest in his series and prevented it from dying? That'd be an amazing story!

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
why is everyone always so quick to bury the series?
I personally don't consider the series dead. I only mentioned it because it seems many do. Nintendo likes to leave their franchises open to new opportunities, so they rarely ever say a series is over. People are getting a bit ahead of themselves on this.

Top Bottom