• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibi-Robo plugs into smash

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I think if Nintendo has anymore plans for the series they need to include him in this game for advertisement

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I'm really hoping Chibi gets his shot this time. Thinking about his inclusion as a sort of dark horse or even joke character I thought of a couple things.

Would he be the smallest character? That's kind of his thing. I think it would be hilarious to have him be even smaller than Kirby and Olimar.

Also would he have a battery gimmick? I'm not a big fan of this idea but it could be interesting. I didn't play zip lash, did he have a battery you had to watch in that game?

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
not to my knowledge, i believe was roy was for the purpose of roster padding and greninja cause sakurai liked him
He legit says Corrin was due to the game coming out. He may have liked Greninja, but there's no way he's picking him if he's a Gen 3 mon. Roy WAS roster padding, but only chosen from the rest of the FE characters due to his special circumstances.

Characters in Smash are definitely influenced by marketing. He admitted that Awakening characters only got in due to 'perfect timing'.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
He legit says Corrin was due to the game coming out. He may have liked Greninja, but there's no way he's picking him if he's a Gen 3 mon. Roy WAS roster padding, but only chosen from the rest of the FE characters due to his special circumstances.

Characters in Smash are definitely influenced by marketing. He admitted that Awakening characters only got in due to 'perfect timing'.
no corrin was due to sheer favoritism on the smash team's part

the advertisement logic doesnt make any sense when you consider all the other games they could have just as easily promoted but didnt

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
I think both equally matter to the Smash team. The recent release of a game may motivate them to add a character to Smash (or vice versa) but they wouldn’t add them unless the character feels like a good fit.

Also, hate to say this, but I feel like this debate is a bit off topic. This started from the pure speculation of the Chibi-Robo series’ future. I feel like this has very little relevance to the actual topic at hand, which would be about his inclusion in Smash, not the influences of the dev team.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think both equally matter to the Smash team. The recent release of a game may motivate them to add a character to Smash (or vice versa) but they wouldn’t add them unless the character feels like a good fit.

Also, hate to say this, but I feel like this debate is a bit off topic. This started from the pure speculation of the Chibi-Robo series’ future. I feel like this has very little relevance to the actual topic at hand, which would be about his inclusion in Smash, not the influences of the dev team.
exactly chibi would get in due to his own merits not to promote something

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
I love to see Chibi Robo playable than a assist trophy he got lots of move sets potentials. I've never play Chibi Robo games but I find the character unique and I want smash 5 to have more retro and miscellaneous characters. I dont want Sakurai to be too obvious.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I main Chibi in SSF2, it'd be fun to see a different interpretation, plus it'd be great to see more cute robots in Smash anyway, so I support. I'm not especially hopeful, but I may as well put my support in.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Oh man this franchise. I remember seeing the first one on GC and buying it blindly to be pleasantly surprised by a unique adventure. Back then I was the only kid in my neighborhood who knew what this was, and NOBODY else thought it was cool haha. It's a miracle they continued making games for him considering how critically panned all of them were. The slow buildup in popularity should help his chances, but I don't think we'll even see him as an assist trophy to be honest.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I was a silent supporter of the little guy pre-Smash 4. Now I support him fully! Chibi-Robo for Smash! Can I be put on the support list?

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
The only game I have played would be Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash. Add me to the support list, please!

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
we dont have one at this time
Well we should have one.

The Chibi Robo Supporter List:
fogbadge
Cutie Gwen
Yomi's Biggest Fan
ZestyN
Jason the Yoshi
Aussie the Naturist
Arcadenik
Kirbeh
Sabrewulf238
ryuu seika
NATGamer
Sir Gengar de Ectoplasma
P.Kay
Crap-Zapper
PreedReve
Tonydrake
Originality
DakotaBonez
pupNapoleon
zack4812
slambros
Drclaw411
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Onyx Oblivian
merchantofsalt
Phoebee
Sailor Waddle Dee
EricTheGamerman
Kevandre
smileMasky
Enchess
Nintenzilla *Reboot*
JomSpoons
YoshiAndToad
Jetsurge
Imadethistoseealeak
Dalek_Kolt
RosaPeach
MBRedboy31
verysleepywolf
smashkirby
SEGAGameBoy

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well we should have one.

fogbadge
Cutie Gwen
Yomi's Biggest Fan
ZestyN
Jason the Yoshi
Aussie the Naturist
Arcadenik
Kirbeh
Sabrewulf238
ryuu seika
NATGamer
Sir Gengar de Ectoplasma
P.Kay
Crap-Zapper
PreedReve
Tonydrake
Originality
DakotaBonez
pupNapoleon
zack4812
slambros
Drclaw411
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Onyx Oblivian
merchantofsalt
Phoebee
Sailor Waddle Dee
EricTheGamerman
Kevandre
smileMasky
Enchess
Nintenzilla *Reboot*
JomSpoons
YoshiAndToad
Jetsurge
Imadethistoseealeak
Dalek_Kolt
RosaPeach
MBRedboy31
verysleepywolf
smashkirby
SEGAGameBoy
Looking good.

Not bad at all.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
So I just picked up Chibi-Robo Zip Lash this week. Not played it long, but I really do feel the game's failure was a tad unfair. Thus far it's been very fun and extremely charming.

Also boosted Chibi up my ranks of most wanted. He's now sitting pretty at my fifth most wanted newcomer after the four in my sig. May have to change it to reflect that soon!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well we should have one.

fogbadge
Cutie Gwen
Yomi's Biggest Fan
ZestyN
Jason the Yoshi
Aussie the Naturist
Arcadenik
Kirbeh
Sabrewulf238
ryuu seika
NATGamer
Sir Gengar de Ectoplasma
P.Kay
Crap-Zapper
PreedReve
Tonydrake
Originality
DakotaBonez
pupNapoleon
zack4812
slambros
Drclaw411
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Onyx Oblivian
merchantofsalt
Phoebee
Sailor Waddle Dee
EricTheGamerman
Kevandre
smileMasky
Enchess
Nintenzilla *Reboot*
JomSpoons
YoshiAndToad
Jetsurge
Imadethistoseealeak
Dalek_Kolt
RosaPeach
MBRedboy31
verysleepywolf
smashkirby
SEGAGameBoy
ill ad it to the op

So I just picked up Chibi-Robo Zip Lash this week. Not played it long, but I really do feel the game's failure was a tad unfair. Thus far it's been very fun and extremely charming.

Also boosted Chibi up my ranks of most wanted. He's now sitting pretty at my fifth most wanted newcomer after the four in my sig. May have to change it to reflect that soon!
youre a person after my heart yoshiandtoad

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Park Patrol is one of the games I had the most fun with on the DS. I also liked the photo one, but it got old fast. Nintendo should be trying to make Chibi Robo the next Animal Crossing, the whole simulation deal.

I support this little guy, may he have his shot one day.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Park Patrol is one of the games I had the most fun with on the DS. I also liked the photo one, but it got old fast. Nintendo should be trying to make Chibi Robo the next Animal Crossing, the whole simulation deal.

I support this little guy, may he have his shot one day.
ill add you to our support list

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I feel like it’s weird that he hasn’t even been an AT to this point.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm sad with the recent proper reveal of Smash that no one else has revived this thread. I know Chibi-Robo has always been one of the more obscure picks when you really think about it, but after his amazing appearance in Super Smash Flash 2, I've been in love with him making it to Smash proper. I'm surprised he doesn't have more of a cult following like many characters.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'm sad with the recent proper reveal of Smash that no one else has revived this thread. I know Chibi-Robo has always been one of the more obscure picks when you really think about it, but after his amazing appearance in Super Smash Flash 2, I've been in love with him making it to Smash proper. I'm surprised he doesn't have more of a cult following like many characters.
The thing for me is, there just hasn't been really anything encouraging to latch onto for the little guy. He was left out a all the rumors so he doesn't have extra eyes on him, the one rumor that looks to be realistic (Ridley, IC, Belmont) he's nowhere to be seen, no echo potential, less newcomers, so I'm kinda discouraged here.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The thing for me is, there just hasn't been really anything encouraging to latch onto for the little guy. He was left out a all the rumors so he doesn't have extra eyes on him, the one rumor that looks to be realistic (Ridley, IC, Belmont) he's nowhere to be seen, no echo potential, less newcomers, so I'm kinda discouraged here.
same here, though i doubt that rumour is all that credible

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
It's hard not to be pessimistic. Chibi-Robo's best chance was in Smash 4. He had an Amiibo, he had a brand new game coming out, Photo Finder was in the right time frame, everything seemed to be lining up. Then he didn't even get an Assist Trophy. Now, with the failure of Zip-Lash, he's no longer a relevant Nintendo series. Even worse, the things that could make him unique are being stolen by other newcomers. With Zip-Lash, he could be the first whip-based fighter. Oh wait, Simon Belmont is rumored to show up. Well, he would be the first fighter with a rechargable energy mechanic. Oh wait, Inklings have their ink-tank to manage. I could maybe see a moveset based around tethering yourself to the stage with your plug, but even that is pushing it. I still want him obviously, but it's hard to remain optimistic in front of that evidence.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's hard not to be pessimistic. Chibi-Robo's best chance was in Smash 4. He had an Amiibo, he had a brand new game coming out, Photo Finder was in the right time frame, everything seemed to be lining up. Then he didn't even get an Assist Trophy. Now, with the failure of Zip-Lash, he's no longer a relevant Nintendo series. Even worse, the things that could make him unique are being stolen by other newcomers. With Zip-Lash, he could be the first whip-based fighter. Oh wait, Simon Belmont is rumored to show up. Well, he would be the first fighter with a rechargable energy mechanic. Oh wait, Inklings have their ink-tank to manage. I could maybe see a moveset based around tethering yourself to the stage with your plug, but even that is pushing it. I still want him obviously, but it's hard to remain optimistic in front of that evidence.
ok lets not claim the whip thing has been stolen until it has

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I will say Chibi Robo is in with a chance, what with the ballot being a thing.

Let's gather those happy points!

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Just some words of encouragement,

the timing of Photo Finder, the amiibo, and Zip Lash was perfect for Ultimate, and not Smash 4

The best chance that Chibi-Robo has EVER had for a playable role or assist trophy, would be this game. Before this game, his chances were rightfully slim to none, which explains why all he's ever gotten was a trophy. This is coming from someone who has supported him since before Brawl. This is the first time I've ever thought he has even a small chance.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I want Chibi Robo in smash I love the main theme and Nintendo treated his series bad at the wii u days if Metriod could have two awesome games and have playable character in smash ultimate Chibi Robo needs love.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I want Chibi Robo in smash I love the main theme and Nintendo treated his series bad at the wii u days if Metriod could have two awesome games and have playable character in smash ultimate Chibi Robo needs love.
what do you mean by two awesome games?

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
A bit of humor never hurt anyone.
Well, except for Chibi-Robo. He's still on fire.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I fully support having Chibi-Robo in Smash. It's a unique Nintendo IP that needs the exposure. I whipped these up for you guys to show my support

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Add me to the list of supporters. Chibi-Robo is my number one hope. I'll have to go to the hospital if he makes it in.

Top Bottom