• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibi-Robo plugs into smash

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
Seeing how each Smash game adds its fair share of new franchises, I don't think it's too far-fetched to think that at least one new franchise will be added in addition to Splatoon and, with pretty much all of the big Nintendo franchises already in, I do think smaller franchises might get a chance to the spotlight, including Chibi-Robo.

While I've never played any Chibi-Robo game, I've always liked the little guy's design and I'd love to see him become playable eventually! I'd love to be added to that support list if possible!

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
In my dream of dreams, Chibi-Robo is picked as the one non-popular/ballot character to be added into the game. I know he's not the most popular (Unfortunately this thread proves it with how inactive things are and the fact he almost never gets mentioned in other threads/newcomer predictions/dream rosters, etc), but damn if the little man doesn't deserve a spot in Smash. Note, I'm not saying there can't be more than one non popular/ballot character, but I really only expect one.

I know the Chibi-Robo praise the sun was just for Dark Souls Remastered coming to Switch, but I still can't get over the fact that he's such a specific choice to use as a character in that promotion. A burning symbol with Chibi-Robo, literally any other situation would have pointed to him as a Smash character. I think his chances are ever so slightly helped by the fact that he was receiving a sort of revival at the time the roster was being decided with Photo-Finder in 2014, and Zip Lash along with his Amiibo following suit in 2015. Regardless of the quality of those games, that does position him as one of the few characters that fit the "relevant" crowd's ideas for newcomers. That might have also been enough to put him on Sakurai's radar, because seriously, he has NO representation in Smash despite having 5 games at this point. Even Starfy is at least an assist trophy...

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
I wish this series sold better, It's such a nice little series and was one of my favorite games on the Gamecube.

I'm really hoping he made the cut as a character.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
geez bit harsh
Sorry that quote always made me laugh. If you know TheBitBlock he’s actually a huge Chibi-Robo fan who hates Nintendo’s mismanagement of the series. He can be.....Harsh, to say the least, with how brutally honest he is when it comes to Nintendo’s problems.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sorry that quote always made me laugh. If you know TheBitBlock he’s actually a huge Chibi-Robo fan who hates Nintendo’s mismanagement of the series. He can be.....Harsh, to say the least, with how brutally honest he is when it comes to Nintendo’s problems.
well yes he could be treated better, but i think there are those at nintendo have a small place in their hearts for him

SkySkipper

Smash Rookie
Chibi-Robo has been my most wanted character ever since before Brawl was released. I'm afraid I'm not too optimistic about his chances, but you never know.
I've played every game in the series except for the Japan-only third one, and while the first is definitely the best one, I've enjoyed them all.

My idea for how he would play is something that would require careful balancing in order to keep him from being too over- or under-powered, but if it's done right, I think it could make a fun character.
In the most of games, Chibi-Robo's battery doubles as his health meter, so when he takes damage, it comes out of that same battery meter. My idea to translate this over into Smash would be to make Chibi-Robo constantly take damage, sort of like Lip's Stick's effect, though not necessarily at the same rate. Walking, jumping or attacking would cause him to take damage even more quickly. However, for his down B move, he would pick up his plug and plug it into the ground. Now, as long as he's plugged in, instead of taking damage, he's healed at a steady rate instead. However, being plugged in would leave him tethered to that one spot, so he wouldn't be able to go very far without unplugging, leaving him somewhat vulnerable.
As I said, though, that could be a little difficult to get the balancing right, but I think it could work.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Chibi-Robo has been my most wanted character ever since before Brawl was released. I'm afraid I'm not too optimistic about his chances, but you never know.
I've played every game in the series except for the Japan-only third one, and while the first is definitely the best one, I've enjoyed them all.

My idea for how he would play is something that would require careful balancing in order to keep him from being too over- or under-powered, but if it's done right, I think it could make a fun character.
In the most of games, Chibi-Robo's battery doubles as his health meter, so when he takes damage, it comes out of that same battery meter. My idea to translate this over into Smash would be to make Chibi-Robo constantly take damage, sort of like Lip's Stick's effect, though not necessarily at the same rate. Walking, jumping or attacking would cause him to take damage even more quickly. However, for his down B move, he would pick up his plug and plug it into the ground. Now, as long as he's plugged in, instead of taking damage, he's healed at a steady rate instead. However, being plugged in would leave him tethered to that one spot, so he wouldn't be able to go very far without unplugging, leaving him somewhat vulnerable.
As I said, though, that could be a little difficult to get the balancing right, but I think it could work.
its an idea that has been suggested a few times i think but i think the balancing would be far to difficult

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Chibi robo is a dream character for me! Add me to the support if not already!
Chibi, along with Banjo and a few sonic reps would make me so happy!

wavesorcerer14

Smash Rookie
Add me to the support list, too! I really love his design and think that it would fit perfectly into Smash! Chibi-Robo deserves more!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Chibi robo is a dream character for me! Add me to the support if not already!
Chibi, along with Banjo and a few sonic reps would make me so happy!
you are indeed already on the list

Add me to the support list, too! I really love his design and think that it would fit perfectly into Smash! Chibi-Robo deserves more!
I made an account just so I could support Chibi-Robo!! PLEASE!!!!!
added you both welcome aboard

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Support +1
Definitely one of my most requested characters! I always love for newcomers from new franchises to be in the game and always found Chibi-robo a very underrated character, would love for his franchise to get more recognition.

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
i'd like to be put on that list as well. Chibi-robo's been one of my most wanted characters since i played his first game.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Although I've only played a bit of Chibi-Robo on GameCube, I'd love for him to join smash. He could have an interesting moveset and is from a series not yet represented with a fighter, which is a plus in my book. I don't expect him, but it would be a nice surprise. I'd like to be added as well.

rcp24

Smash Rookie
I would love to be added to the support list, I've been wanting Chibi-Robo in since Brawl.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So ummm bump. I was looking for some Chibi Robo Smash stuff and saw this:

made by a guy that goes by evilwaluigi on Deviantart

I think it looks pretty cool, I love the alts. I still think CR should be in Smash.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So ummm bump. I was looking for some Chibi Robo Smash stuff and saw this:

made by a guy that goes by evilwaluigi on Deviantart

I think it looks pretty cool, I love the alts. I still think CR should be in Smash.
ah yes ive seen that about

ChaosSharpedo

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosSharpedo
Switch FC
SW-8187-0600-4038
I love Chibi-Robo and he deserves to be in Ultimate, add me to the supporters list.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
you know the bigger third party presence is bad for nintendo franchises like chibi-robo
Moreso it's just the fact that this game is all about fanservice. We're getting a bunch of the changes and characters people have been asking for over the past decade. Chibi-Robo isn't popular enough to warrant the attention when that's the goal. Geno, Skull Kid, and Isaac are my top three predictions right now for who the last newcomers in the base game will be.

It's possible it might happen in a later game if Sakurai is working on it, given his record for picking somewhat obscure characters. Chibi-Robo is a possibility under those circumstances, but just not for Ultimate.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Add me! I've never played a Chibi-Robo game, but his design is just so adorable and I wished the series fared better, each revival it gets is just poorly done and it's so disheartening. He deserves so much better!

And hey, if they can make stuff like Pikmin and Fire Emblem become some of their best sellers with extra effort and love, then they can do so with Chibi-Robo!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Moreso it's just the fact that this game is all about fanservice. We're getting a bunch of the changes and characters people have been asking for over the past decade. Chibi-Robo isn't popular enough to warrant the attention when that's the goal. Geno, Skull Kid, and Isaac are my top three predictions right now for who the last newcomers in the base game will be.

It's possible it might happen in a later game if Sakurai is working on it, given his record for picking somewhat obscure characters. Chibi-Robo is a possibility under those circumstances, but just not for Ultimate.
yeah it would have been nice if became an assist trophy at least maybe a song from his game, going for the popular choices isnt such a bad thing its just unfortunate that a lot of my characters arent that popular

Add me! I've never played a Chibi-Robo game, but his design is just so adorable and I wished the series fared better, each revival it gets is just poorly done and it's so disheartening. He deserves so much better!

And hey, if they can make stuff like Pikmin and Fire Emblem become some of their best sellers with extra effort and love, then they can do so with Chibi-Robo!
you are added welcome aboard

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
you know the bigger third party presence is bad for nintendo franchises like chibi-robo
Imo the third part presence has gotten kinda outta hand. I much preferred the idea of one character per company. Roster getting messy, especially if the Dante rumor turns out to be true.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Imo the third part presence has gotten kinda outta hand. I much preferred the idea of one character per company. Roster getting messy, especially if the Dante rumor turns out to be true.
i havent heard that rumour but im calling fake, i guess with the ballot there was probably loads of third party ideas and thats why we have such a large presence

Top Bottom