• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibi-Robo for SSBM? LOL

abby ratso

Smash Rookie
My nephew isn't right in the head, he's only like 3 years younger than me...
I gave him a gamecube and all my gamecube games when I got the Wii. He gave a few games away at first that I could understand why, such as Harvest Moon, or starsky and Hutch for other games. I also gave him my SSBM game. He kept it a while and we got everything except score counter on timed matches. About a week ago he traded SSBM for... CHIBI ROBO. That's not right...
And now I have a SSBM tournament at my school, and since he only has the first SSB (which is very different control wise) I cant practice my Captain Falcon so I have no chance at the 25 Best-Buy gift card.
The tournament isnt that important however, and can allow myself to suck in it...
But should I buy SSBM to play on my Wii, or should I just wait till Brawl?

Radicalation

Smash Rookie
Melee is a great game. If Brawl ends up not meeting expectations or the metagame development is slow, Melee could still be alive for some time. If I were you I'd consider buying a used Melee copy.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You should have kept the games you wanted to keep.

pdk

Smash Lord
buy ssbm, just about every fighter continues to have competition for at least a few years after its sequel comes (save for guilty gear)

and what kind of tourney has prizes as lame as gift cards?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
You should have kept the games you wanted to keep.
^^^ I agree. I gave my siblings all my Gamecube games (and some of my other accessories) for Christmas...except Smash :laugh:

and what kind of tourney has prizes as lame as gift cards?
A tourney that I would easily win. lol jk but it doesn't seem like a very competitive or serious tourney. No offense.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Yeah... go buy it again. Brawl could potentially end up being a slower and less competitive game if they try to make it family or newb friendly, plus, SSBM will not die down so quickly even if Brawl is a huge success, notice that there are still tournaments for SSB and people going pro in that game instead, despite it being much older.

Banks

Smash Hero
why did you give them away in the first place, when you can still play them on your wii?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'd argue that kid has some marketing brains. I mean, Smash is what, $20 now? I think Chibi-Robo is $30 at least. He got a more expensive game, and it isn't like the data vanishes from the memory card if you don't play Smash for 3 months.

(Also, Chibi-Robo is a fun game)

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Melee was one of the first games you bought to the GC (it was my second GC-game) and one of the games that you kept when the GC died. Of course you shall buy it again. End of discussion.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
yeah, unless he sold the memory card, just get a new copy of smash.

hell, even if you have to unlock everyhting because he DID sell the memory card get smash again :)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'd say get smash again. You should make your nephew pay for it though. >: )

Top Bottom