• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Checkmate Monthlies :Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
According to many Melee players, their list was not accurate. Then when I asked for someone to make me a list, nobody stepped forward except yourself and The Filth. Then people moaned about the list further.

So yes, it is worth closing the thread. You can still view the topic, so go through that list and take out/put in names which you know should/shouldn't be there, our Brawl list is up to date already since I could do that, so don't worry about that one. Once I can get a confirmation from Fuzzy and Yeniths that the list is 100% accurate, I will reopen the thread.

Also <3 Fuzzy.
'people moaning' is no reason to close any thread otherwise no UK thread on these boards would be open

back on topic- Cloudrain (is it?)- you haven't really given any details of your monthlies yet. If you could post those up sooner rather than later then we can all start planning for travelling etc. Info like- how much room, where will they be, how will we get to there, what games, how often. It would be really good if you could start up a regular thing

'people moaning' is no reason to close any thread
.....Yes it is.

back on topic- Cloudrain (is it?)- you haven't really given any details of your monthlies yet. If you could post those up sooner rather than later then we can all start planning for travelling etc. Info like- how much room, where will they be, how will we get to there, what games, how often. It would be really good if you could start up a regular thing
Pretty much this. Also, whilst this may seem a tad strange, perhaps consider different stage lists as well.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
.....Yes it is.

Pretty much this. Also, whilst this may seem a tad strange, perhaps consider different stage lists as well.
then maybe you shouldn't be a mod. People are moaning and argueing on this thread now and on most other UK threads. That list was fine it just had a few people missing which you can just easily add on anyway

then maybe you shouldn't be a mod. People are moaning and argueing on this thread now and on most other UK threads. That list was fine it just had a few people missing which you can just easily add on anyway
You're right I shouldn't be a mod, I should be a super mod.....owait. You're not a mod, so it isn't your call to make these decisions. Should you want to continue this debate, feel free to contact me via PM/VM/MSN.

Also according to many Melee players, the list was terribly inaccurate. Since nobody has read this so far, I'll repeat it again:

Make me a melee player list, and the thread reopens.

Simples.

Now, drop this matter (in this thread) and get back to discussing Cloud's monthlies. Once again, if you have nothing to say, do not post.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
The highlighed players are wrong, the list is mostly fine save one or two errors (like Willz isn't good enough to be recognised as a melee falcon player, tbh; BACK TO BRAWL SON).
o rly? i'm A LOT better than you and all the other falcons in the UK minus Fuzzy (obv).

it's funny how i've been playing melee competitive less than a year yet i'm already beating people who have been playing far longer than me. you guys suck at this easy game

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
its ok i've played sheik for a lot less than you've played falcon and i **** you

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
i dont recall any **** happening

mm me scrub which you say you're gonna do everytime but ***** out

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
lets go n00b

*next tourney*
Willz: £20 mm then Alex?
Alex: NOOOOO THAT'S TOO HIGH JUST DO £1 :'(
Willz: umm.... okay
*AFTER **** OCCURS FROM WILLZ WHO HAS JUST 4STOCKED ALEX TWICE AND THEN FINISHED GAME 3 OFF WITH A JV5!!!*
Willz: E Z!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alex: i hate my life and imma quit smash forever! :'(

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
we have a player list and ranking, and the ranking is fine. It's still going to be updated

stop being stupid KJ =s

whoever isnt on the ranking like VA will get onto it soon anyway once we host another national

Have to stop assuming things. Your mod level has nothing to do with it too, unless you wanna compare it to ignorance levels

we have a player list and ranking, and the ranking is fine. It's still going to be updated

stop being stupid KJ =s

whoever isnt on the ranking like VA will get onto it soon anyway once we host another national

you have to stop assuming things
What on earth are you blabbering about you foolish fool of a Fuzzyness? Have you seen the format of the one in the UK thread, it's NOTHING like the power rankings one.

Do you even have the SLIGHTEST idea on what that debate was even ABOUT?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
have you seen the new ranking? We all agreed to use that new ranking so stop comparing it to old stuff

the new ranking is on the website frugs made :D

have you seen the new ranking? We all agreed to use that new ranking so stop comparing it to old stuff

the new ranking is on the website frugs made :D
It's not comparing anything... It's just a list x.x, because contact information is also in that thread.

You've painfully misunderstood the debate.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i dont see anything wrong with that list its all correct in the UK thread, and the new rankings are fine

just a few players arent in the player list and thats fixable easy

that region info needs updating too lol, what good is closing it so no one can edit it apart from us? what good is taking over the first post of the thread? Give it to someone like me/kone lol

i dont see anything wrong with that list its all correct in the UK thread, and the new rankings are fine

That's what I've been asking for the past MONTH!!! For somebody to give me a completed Melee list!!!

Oh the rage ._____.

Edit: I took over the first post until I could find a suitable replacement. Neither yourself nor Yeniths offered to step up.

You obviously havn't read a single word I've been discussing about this topic for the past month.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
theres only a few new players lol like 5 people seriously, dont need to close the thread for no reason, thanks for taking the thread as your own with your powers >_> id rather have aiko as the first post but you seemed to think it was ok without asking him? Even if he's not playing anymore why should people relate to you when they look at the UK thread first post?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Look at you terrible mods, espesh you KJ :)

Like 1/2 pages back you wanted the arguing to cease because it was clogging up the new thread....and your remedy to that.....clog up the thread even more until you feel you have won your side of the arguement. What kind of example are you setting for us Non-mods by doing exactly what you told us not to do :urg:

Take it to PM guys or I will report you :mad:

theres only a few new players lol like 5 people seriously, dont need to close the thread for no reason, thanks for taking the thread as your own with your powers >_> id rather have aiko as the first post but you seemed to think it was ok without asking him? Even if he's not playing anymore why should people relate to you when they look at the UK thread first post?
Once again, you didn't read a single word I had said. Having recieved various PMs regarding the issue, I would like you to realise that the thread isn't just for melee players. I clearly stated that if Aiko wanted the thread back, he needed to say. Aiko had been inactive for months, so regardless of how it looks for you, it was the right decision.

The thread means something to the community, and if you're as closed minded enough to think that my interest wasn't purely and solely for the community, then I would like you to consider a replacement for the thread's ownership that intends to have BOTH communities interests, otherwise we'll just end up having another Melee v Brawl debate.

Look at you terrible mods, espesh you KJ :)

Like 1/2 pages back you wanted the arguing to cease because it was clogging up the new thread....and your remedy to that.....clog up the thread even more until you feel you have won your side of the arguement. What kind of example are you setting for us Non-mods by doing exactly what you told us not to do :urg:

Take it to PM guys or I will report you :mad:
I love you too Prof, hun.

Fuzzy clearly doesn't like to follow anything I say, so taking it to PM will solve nothing. Cloud has already stated he needs more information from Siri, so rather then letting this thread die, a debate in regards to something that will effect this thread in the near future is called for. Especially when Fuzzy insists that this must continue.

I second the offer to give the thread to Kone.
After recieving the sort of PMs I have done from Kone, I deem him not fit to take over the thread's ownership. I would gladly have Jolteon take over the thread however, having hosted a Brawl fest and being an active Melee player, he does seem like a superb choice.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I love you too Prof, hun.

Fuzzy clearly doesn't like to follow anything I say, so taking it to PM will solve nothing. Cloud has already stated he needs more information from Siri, so rather then letting this thread die, a debate in regards to something that will effect this thread in the near future is called for. Especially when Fuzzy insists that this must continue.
That's good to know :bee: Just know that I will be using the 'No discussion is going on so i'm not letting the thread die' tactic when you try to cease a arguement/debate which I am having in the very near future :)

X1-12

Smash Champion
Here's a list you can put on the UK thread

Sheik - GEEK28, PDOT, Bronze, Kyuubi, DSD9, JoJo, Martiny2m, Sharpy, Bristolslink, The Doug, Golfie, Slik, Adam es maximus, Pickled Noob,Shadowlaw, Connor, Loserkid, Jolteon, GM Jack, Mr Otter, Beast, Monty.

Fox - Pops, BrTarolg, v3x?, Box, ShineOfScott, Davemans, Twiggy, Qwester, Haotwo, Paul, Unreal, smashysmashysmashysmashy, Professor Pro, LJ, Cheez ,Yeniths, JJLinyard, Crabman, J03, Gantz, BrTarolg, Wiggum, fortunecookie.

Falcon - Fuzzyness, Clockmire, El-Nino, The Last Dragon, The Lust, Warning, Cpt.Zeppo, Willz, Dizard, Joeman, Ouch, Aiko, FoulPlay, D.A.M, Zoda, GA Wes, Captain Smashie, Interia, JazzyGeoff, Marni.

Marth - Ogre, Navi, Spam-a-Lamb, Bigman, Darvor, ant-d, Khang, Clim, Retroking, Chrisboi, Frostbyte, Dacacia, Frugs, Anaky, Blinky

Falco - X1-12, Unreal, Deathgazer, Craigg, Jam5, Bishkin, Unreal, Synapse, Kasper!, Zunari, Spkz, Mike, Wireframe, Geoff, Fantasm, Senphet, Sabo

Peach - Calzum, K-Man, Vanity Angel, AMCD, Almas, BloodBowler, Mr.P, Lord Rust, Leliel, Kris, Eek a Mouse, Calzorz, ting!, Mole

Samus - PMS, AC Anon, Grayfox, Yawn, Red, Jase, Thaqif, Comp, Josh, Kone

Doctor Mario - Bullet Bill, L4DY, drunkensideabeef, Blick, Nessy, Another Scot (Mr.P's Crew), DSaB

Ganondorf - Swizzy, Stu, Koops, The Rake, The Filth, Dave, The Dark Lord Ganondorf.

Jigglypuff - Tamoo, JJFox, Brado, Fandemz, Gladam

Pikachu - Pictish Freak, im0neofthem, Umpa

Ice Climbers - Dash, JPM, Frozenwave

Link - KingNDJ, Reacher, Abom

Yoshi - OwnA, Just Joe, Shadowtail, K.Mac

Luigi - Coey, Multiplaya

Mario - j3ly

Young Link - Jiraya, Jalued

Bowser - The Decadent One

Kirby - Quickman Zero

Zelda - Syntax Error

Roy - Nexus

Mewtwo - KillerJawz

you can open it up again now..

That will do just nicely. Thank you.

The News thread will be open shortly. Once myself, Fuzzy and Yens can come to an agreement on the threads owner, it will be smiles all round.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
As long as my name is so Deep down in the middle of the Fox list like i'm a random guy in the community.....this thread should not be opened.

And Dujuan is 'Alpha Dash'.....not 'Dash'

Well you guys can discuss the thread amongst yourselves now. It's open.

Also a small update from Cloud, we can expect these to be up and running between October and January (depending on when he can recieve more information from Siri)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
looool @ X1-12 making 3 changes and then the thread getting opened......was those 3 changes just the amount needed for the thread to be valid KJ the best mod ever :)???

Yup just 3 changes. Just when you could have saved yourselves ALL that trouble ^_________^.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master

that region info needs updating too lol, what good is closing it so no one can edit it apart from us? what good is taking over the first post of the thread? Give it to someone like me/kone lol
Killerjawz ^ :laugh:

Just like that, you all took the bait. Enjoy your infractions.

Now, take a gander at the first post, it's been updated.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Do you usually work via entrapment?

Baiting people to break rules is not a good idea from a position of authority, even if you are joking that's the worst modding I have ever seen

rustediron

Smash Lord
Loooool, allow, he's like 15 <- AGE CARD BURN

New monthlies will be starting in the UK soon to go along with the London monthlies. More info will be posted shortly.

EDIT: this will be a Brawl ONLY monthly.if we do decide to make this a two day event,then it is possible for someone to host melee on the second day.This will not be aloud if the arguments continue!

As soon as Siri sorts out this hall ill start setting it up as soon as possible.if he takes to long ill ask fuzzys permission to use his hall.Bare in mind he says he has found one and will be looking it up in more detail soon.

If members of the community has any advice or things they want to see at this tournament then post it here.I would also like for players to try and design some smash posters maybe so that i can advertise this tournament.If not ill have to try myself which will take longer.
Disallowing melee purely for the sake of an off-topic forum modfight in your thread seems rather foolish. Having melee at this event could potentially lead to an extra £50-80 per tournament to cover hosting expenses.

cong

Smash Journeyman
You should put melee aswell, its stupid not too.

No way there is enough reason not too, but your hosting it so its up to you.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I can't believe KillerJawz gave me an infraction on smashboards.com....i'm so mad that I have been given an infraction on this website and angry at KJ good modding :mad:

Since there is melee being discussed for this I am obviously interested, but as soon as it goes it loses me and plus it loses money :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom