• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Checkmate Monthlies (Brawl + Melee) Discussion *CANCELED

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I was so happy when I saw this was actually going through after like 2 years of planning but it's just at the same venue as the monthlies anyway? What took so long if that was the case lol...

Sad to see this is being put back anyway :(

RandomMarthScrub

Smash Cadet
I was so happy when I saw this was actually going through after like 2 years of planning but it's just at the same venue as the monthlies anyway? What took so long if that was the case lol...

I lol'd

10lols

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Lol I didn't mean it in a bad way at all, it's always good to see more people stepping up and hosting :D

Btw what character do you main?

C.R.Z

Smash Lord

well basically i called a few halls and they never got back to me or siri. then i had alevel exams and started uni so i didnt really have much time. i decided to host first off in barkingside as it is my first time hosting and havent got acess to tv's yet and was sick of waiting .

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Ah good stuff anyway, and fully understandable :).

Where you go to uni out of interest?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Right, seeing as i know some of you arent looking in the london monthly thread/brawl thread, i'm going to take this oppurtunity to tell you about the next big event!

BLASTZONE 1

This is a mixed brawl/melee event hosted in therford, norfolk.

at this event, there is

*Overnight accomodation at the venue, and for an extra quid you can use one of the many large beanbags for sleeping on!

*Food sold inside the venue by the local youth group, who are also doubling up as the event sponser

*curteosy of the sponser, they are adding an extra 50 quid to each of the singles pot.

*A possible 20 tv's PER GAME at the venue, allowing for plenty of friendlies/money match's without slowing the tournament

*Two GIANT 40' tv's, one for brawl and one for melee, allowing for mass hype on during the finals

*With livestream on both of these tv's to be broadcast around the world!

the link to the main page: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297385

i hope to see you all there!

Top Bottom