• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Checkmate Monthlies (Brawl + Melee) Discussion *CANCELED

Heartstring

Smash Legend
dont take it to heart, ive been feelnig witty today

in chemistry today...
teacher: 'and they say men are from mars, and women are from venus'
me: 'i thought women came from the kitchen?'
i got slapped, but it was worth it

Calzorz

Smash Lord
why do i want to sit out with no spare setups for freindlies while every1 else does pools , no thanks i travel to play so if ur doing pools count me in

and i lol'd at g.ps reply to bmack SIT DOWN SON

Heartstring

Smash Legend
why do i want to sit out with no spare setups for freindlies while every1 else does pools , no thanks i travel to play so if ur doing pools count me in

and i lol'd at g.ps reply to bmack SIT DOWN SON
i was just suggesting possible solutions to a lack of setups that will we undoubtedly have, seeing as all the tv's are STILL at koen's and really should have come back down by now XD

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
going to start a confirmed list to help with organisation. say whether you are bringing a setup or tv (includes xbox/ps3 and game if you want a small side event like mvc3,sf4,tekken etc)

cong

Smash Journeyman
confirmed :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

im gonna go in for some special training to enhance my secret techniques some more

Heartstring

Smash Legend
confirmed appearance and confirmed bringing of wii
DNE may also come but he may want to take the wii with him when he goes, damn children XD
and if he does come i can bring a TV, but once again that would go when he goes (which will be before the end)

also, i'll bring the microphone again if we want recording again. although i want dibs on some commentary, that **** was too fun XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
which part XD
mic is a certainty, so is the wii, tv mehbeh and if i do for limited time, and little annoyance brother will take it when he goes
also, i need housing on saturday night, what occuring for then?

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Guys! ive got some bad bad news!

the venue people have told us that they have had to cancel our confirmation for the 19th feb as there is some kind of emergency...

i am really sorry but this is completely out of our hands. Send me an email if you have booked your tickets to london already and we will try and sort it out for you.

again im sorry everyone :(

Heartstring

Smash Legend
dude what? like, emergency double booking or something?
i know that a lot of government owned building have had all their funding slashed recently so that might be it, but damn...
ah well, roll on germany i suppose ^.^
also, as soon as i get a confirmed venue (a.k.a: tomorrow) ill make a thread fro my tournament

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
its more serious than a double booking i think G.P lol otherwise they would have said. i will call some other venues tommorw but that was prob the best date, so yeah im not happy either...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
its more serious than a double booking i think G.P lol otherwise they would have said. i will call some other venues tommorw but that was prob the best date, so yeah im not happy either...
its probably too late to relocate now. seeing as youre hosting the weekend before half term, perhaps you could host it on sunday on the same weekend, but thats all i got running through my brain right now

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
its probably too late to relocate now. seeing as youre hosting the weekend before half term, perhaps you could host it on sunday on the same weekend, but thats all i got running through my brain right now
we didnt have that option, we only had march 11th or 12th which is when we go to germany so... yeah ill be looking for a new venue or will have to wait till aprill
:mad::mad::mad:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
we didnt have that option, we only had march 11th or 12th which is when we go to germany so... yeah ill be looking for a new venue or will have to wait till aprill
:mad::mad::mad:
dont do anything in april, i know you mean realyl well man but ive got **** down for april, i.e: my own tournament and/or fest

Calzorz

Smash Lord
waste of time training lool, i will start again when theres a tourney :(
LAZYYYY

in other news who says it hs to be canceld

if bmack or some1 else is willing to move the tourny to there house for brawlers like he did that time it would be cool , me and mtr are coming up to london wether theres a tourny or not ,

and just charge entry fee and mybe VENUE FEE LOOL

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
LAZYYYY

if bmack or some1 else is willing to move the tourny to there house for brawlers like he did that time it would be cool , me and mtr are coming up to london wether theres a tourny or not ,

the only option is Bmack and he was not happy about the last fest apparently (even tho some of us helped...)

The Filth

Smash Lord
He probably wasn't happy for the same reason I don't host anymore, that being on the whole, you're all worse than ****ing useless to have round =]

xx

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i don think it will happen, and i hadnt yet booked so i'm okay <3
also wtf darren, shallow grouping much
although i do admit so many people dont even acknowledge that we needed to clear up last tournament

The Filth

Smash Lord
Might be shallow, but if it was unjustified then my place/other places would be clean afterwards. Plus the turnouts would be much higher =]

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Might be shallow, but if it was unjustified then my place/other places would be clean afterwards. Plus the turnouts would be much higher =]
checkmate man XD
thats still looknig at the majority, some of us do clean **** up afterwards

B.Mack

Smash Ace
LAZYYYY

if people are already coming down and have no options then I could let CRZ host at my house. and idgaf, there will be a venue fee, if people dont agree with £3 each then you dont have to come and I wont bother coming down to London. you guys dont understand how much it costs me to host even at my own place. I have to buy tickets to London and back, I have to pay my sister to leave the house for the whole weekend and I have to clean up the entire place and I'm usually dead for the next couple days.

He probably wasn't happy for the same reason I don't host anymore, that being on the whole, you're all worse than ****ing useless to have round =]
^this b*tch gets it

the only option is Bmack and he was not happy about the last fest apparently (even tho some of us helped...)
I already credited Shay and Dopl who actually helped out... the most anyone else did was pick up half of THEIR OWN mess.

I had ****ing KFC skin ground into my carpet. my room smells permanently of KFC now.

a can of Relentless spilled under the couch and was left there where it's extremely difficult to clean.

I'm pretty sure the sofa bed is actualy broken now.

In summary...
I can host on the weekend of the 18th.
£3 venue fee not negotiable.
food will be eaten outside unless it's something like a sandwich(burgers dont count) or chocolate or some kind of snack

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if people are already coming down and have no options then I could let CRZ host at my house. and idgaf, there will be a venue fee, if people dont agree with £3 each then you dont have to come and I wont bother coming down to London. you guys dont understand how much it costs me to host even at my own place. I have to buy tickets to London and back, I have to pay my sister to leave the house for the whole weekend and I have to clean up the entire place and I'm usually dead for the next couple days.

^this b*tch gets it

I already credited Shay and Dopl who actually helped out... the most anyone else did was pick up half of THEIR OWN mess.

I had ****ing KFC skin ground into my carpet. my room smells permanently of KFC now.

a can of Relentless spilled under the couch and was left there where it's extremely difficult to clean.

In summary...
I can host on the weekend of the 18th.
£3 venue fee not negotiable.
food will be eaten outside unless it's something like a sandwich(burgers dont count) or chocolate or some kind of snack
i think those already going are now going to kyoshi's bday thingymabob
regardless not for me, saving funds for germany + my own tournament

K.Mac

Smash Lord
You can defo blame kyoshi for that, because I was there when I saw him bust the thing. :/

Also myself, calz and andy would have helped to clean up had we not had to go so early - we don't disrespect. I go to calz' house and I clean up after myself when I go there, I go to anaky's and I do the same. I go anywhere and I do the same. I didn't bring any food with me into yours so there was no mess of mine to clear up. The most I did was get a glass of water - and I put that glass in the sink when I was done with it.

Anyway you never responded back about my shirt. I left it in the corner in your room I think ... is it still there? I need it back. It's my lucky shirt. :V

edit

I'm not going to any tourney or w/e on the 18th. I signed off of jobseekers so I'm currently completely skint atm, probs won't be going anywhere for a long time.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
its a very lucky shirt mac , ****** shlurps iceys with it lool :p

anyway yea so whos up for that tourny at bmacks? £3 venue fee its cool by me?

B.Mack

Smash Ace
you know what would be funny? if Andy quits brawl after knocking Calz off the throne.
If 12 people confirm then I'll talk to CRZ and do it if he's still up for it.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
you know what would be funny if i didnt **** all of you for like 9months witohut losing and quit?

when andy beats me every1 makes a big deal of it (well all the scrubs)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
you know what would be funny if i didnt **** all of you for like 9months witohut losing and quit?

when andy beats me every1 makes a big deal of it (well all the scrubs)
haha, i remember at my first tournament andy get ***** so hard early on in bracket, he came like, 9th in i remember rightly!
but yeah, calz is still best, andy needs to win a national or something to make himself be rated better!

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I know Calz is still better than Andy... thats why I said it would be funny if Andy quit now(to avoid returning to status quo)

good lord you guys are emotional as hell when it comes to smash.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
anyway bmack can you host at your place charging venue fee to replace this tourny? me mtr and my sis are coming up to london so wud be cool to have a tourny

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
but yeah, calz is still best, andy needs to win a national or something to make himself be rated better!
NATIONAL...When do they happen again?

P.S. Not saying who's better than who, don't really care tbh. Just thought G.P.'s message was funny.

Top Bottom