• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check Out My Pit(NEW VIDS UP! check em out please)

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
heyy peoples..i've been struggling with my pit latley so if you could check it out and leave me some feedback.thanks guys,
Cha0tic

Cha0tic(Pit) vs. Box(marth)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf2D2lwkSD4&feature=channel_page

Cha0tic(Pit) vs. Dv8n(DK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2biO0LTLYk&feature=channel

Cha0tic(Pit) vs. unnamed(MK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPcx04GdjQI&feature=channel

Cha0tic vs. unnamed(MK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-IZCgOuDqc&feature=channel
(this MK is terrible i know, but i just wanted to get opinions on my approach and what not)

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
There's a critique thread for this but whatever.

Too many Loops.
Use more melee attacks as opposed to arrows up close.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised by these. You've got a pretty strong on-stage game, and I liked how you used your glide attack against Marth on the first stock. You also are good at zoning your opponents to the air, and you're usage of WoI is good but somewhat predictable.

You spent a bit too much time looping arrows when you could of been doing something more effective. Try mixing up your approaches a little bit too. I saw mostly dair or grab. Try throwing in some nair and AR a bit.

Your grab game is decent. Try working on observing and predicting your opponents, and throw some pivot grabs into your game. They're alot safer than dash grabs.

You also have little to no edgeguarding worked into your game whatsoever. That's where I believe you need the most practice. Zone your opponents to the edge, and work on aggressive ledgeguarding. If you can get a good off-stage game and a strong grab game, you'll be good to go.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Remember that Pit's dash grab is bat sh*t horrible.

Like KY said, you can always use pivot grabs. Pit's pivot grab is actually decent, which cannot be said for his standing and dashing grab.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
k im not very good at these but ill ive u a lil of what i could come up with

first off i agree with KY its obvious that u can arrow loop well and thats good but sometimes your timin may be off as in it may not be the best instance to do it. for example u dont wanna arrow loop as a marth is approaching u thats just asking to be punished

i like that you dont abuse arrows or maybe it just seems like u dont cuz most of them are looped but u do have the right idea on how to make them efficient

also i noticed that you dont abuse Fsmash which is rare to see in a pit these days i was actually kinda expecting u to use it fresh or somethin but like it never came out so u should try to incorporate it into your game a little more i mean it is one of the best aspects pit has

lol that Marth was silly so good job punishing his countering your arrows

and also dont forget that on DK u can chaingrab him for up to around 40% i believe so that might make your fight against DKs a little easier

gah cant rly think of much atm but maybe more later :)

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
haha okay well its obvious i Loop too much i eve know that so now people who look at my thread from now just leave that out.
yeah i know i have that chain grab on DK, but it was friendlies and Pit allready counters him so i didn't want to **** my friend, and about the Fsmash i ussually use, but against marth im sparing because hes so much quicker, but i love you and KY's advice its going to help alot

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Ok, nice arrow looping skill u have there however u play too free i dont think u will do well under pressure u need to work on your pace the matches seem to be going at one pace and using Pit u must learn how to dictate the pace of the the match especial againts character like DK. You spend more time avoiding rather than attacking. JUST STEP UP THE PACE FROM TIME TO TIME learn how to be more aggressive and i suggest learn how to wingdash

watch how i step up the pace of this match at begining and at secound stock
Lezard_ishi Pit vs mario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vlLbI7pe9c
the pace step up at the last stock even thoght i lost this match
Lezard_ishi Pit vs GracefulAssasin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLqENdHEsuU

learn how to wingdash
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220958

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Ok, nice arrow looping skill u have there however u play too free i dont think u will do well under pressure u need to work on your pace the matches seem to be going at one pace and using Pit u must learn how to dictate the pace of the the match especial againts character like DK. You spend more time avoiding rather than attacking. JUST STEP UP THE PACE FROM TIME TO TIME learn how to be more aggressive and i suggest learn how to wingdash

watch how i step up the pace of this match at begining and at secound stock
Lezard_ishi Pit vs mario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vlLbI7pe9c
the pace step up at the last stock even thoght i lost this match
Lezard_ishi Pit vs GracefulAssasin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLqENdHEsuU

learn how to wingdash
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220958
ha wing dashing is close to useless aginst a good DK..all of his moves our so long range it wouldnt matter

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Chaotic's right. Wingdashing as an approach isn't smart against DK bc of his range. Wingdashing away is pointless bc you'll be too far away to do anything productive out of it. Wingdashing is great, but if you don't know when to use it or how to apply it than you're better off not knowing how to do it.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
ha well thats your style..i use it when i find it applicable and against DK all hes has too is ftilt, or dtilt(the moves he should be doing anyway) and wingdashing is completly a waste of a move..
Wrong againt, ftilt has the most rage thats why i show it to u if you can wingdash DK ftilt it means you will always have the upper and Arials are pathetic only fair can penitrate wingdash and no one is ganna use it because of the lag, and if you didn't realized my thread isn't even 50% complete

One thing is certain Dk as nothing against my absolute wingdash and other thing, wingdash is very important becuse its the only defensive you will never beable to see its complete range and application no matter how many time i wingdash it seem as if it's the first time. YOU CAN NEVER SEE THE WIND

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Wrong againt, ftilt has the most rage thats why i show it to u if you can wingdash DK ftilt it means you will always have the upper and Arials are pathetic only fair can penitrate wingdash and no one is ganna use it because of the lag, and if you didn't realized my thread isn't even 50% complete

One thing is certain Dk as nothing against my absolute wingdash and other thing, wingdash is very important becuse its the only defensive you will never beable to see its complete range and application no matter how many time i wingdash it seem as if it's the first time. YOU CAN NEVER SEE THE WIND
wingdashing is very useful, but not in this matchup..if your playing a smart DK h'ell get a dtilt or ftilt off on you before you get an ftilt..a perfect spaced wing dashed vs. a perfect spaced ftilt or dtilt from DK = DK winning every time.

KY_Des

Smash Ace

I just think ur high off wingdashing. It's not that great, dood.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I have to side with chaotic on this one. Though the wind push affect can throw some opponent's off if they are trying to space as far as possible, an opponent can easily adapt to the wind by simply walking an extra step and then attacking again while being guaranteed that the hit will connect since the hitbox comes out while the wind is only partially done pushing. It's a good surprise but not a good technique to rely on for most things, especially approaching. That DK wasn't that good so that was why you could pull off wing dashing so much in that video.

Lezard, when did this become your video critique thread?

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
I see, just remeber one thing you might overlook people dont rely on predicting windash's push effect because they cant see it they only cant suppose the distant or assume how much push they will get. the hauman mind doesn't acquire knowleadge by data instead it acquire by ideas so u cannot reduce competitiveness to predicatble values. Having said that u cannot simple predic a move then wingdash u have force you your opponent to react in a certain way thats is my fighting style, if they dont react then i will overwhelm them and pit is very good at that

Lo! one other thing, that DK has a lot of exprience and i bet that if you where able to play aginst him he would pwah you

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
I see, just remeber one thing you might overlook people dont rely on predicting windash push effect because they can see they only can suppose the distant or assume how much push they will get. the hauman mind doesn't acquire knowleadge by data instead we: acquire by ideas so u cannot reduce it to predicatble values have said that u can predic a move then wingdash u have force you your opponent to react in a certain way then wingdash the pinishment thats its my fight style, if they dont react the i will overwhelm them and pit is very good at that

Lo! other thing that DK has a lot of exprience and i bet that if you where able to play aginst him he would pwah you
well thats with any approach if you arent predictable..the mind get into a rhythm and habitual habbit in the course of the match.. the game is based on beating their rhythm with your lack of gettin into one, but i do agree based on the player you can exploit the wing dash very well, but its also good to stay out of the habbit of using against chars. that can easly punish it

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
well thats with any approach if you arent predictable..the mind get into a rhythm and habitual habbit in the course of the match.. the game is based on beating their rhythm with your lack of gettin into one, but i do agree based on the player you can exploit the wing dash very well, but its also good to stay out of the habbit of using against chars. that can easly punish it
Very good

but its what u do with that knowleadge, you wont let every falco u face beatyou right? if not every one u face and win against there is alwasy something to be learn

Green-Machine

Smash Apprentice
Lezard is sort of right and sort of wrong... hes right that you have to learn how to defeat your vast array of opponents and then learn more about how to fight them, but there might not ALWAYS be something to gain by winning, sometimes you have to lose to learn how good or bad you really are. much can be gained in victory but so much more can be gained in defeat

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Lezard is sort of right and sort of wrong... hes right that you have to learn how to defeat your vast array of opponents and then learn more about how to fight them, but there might not ALWAYS be something to gain by winning, sometimes you have to lose to learn how good or bad you really are. much can be gained in victory but so much more can be gained in defeat
I side with this.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
u got punished almost everytime (if not everytime) for arrow looping. there was no need for it. U had the right idea to run and shoot arrows but when u started looping arrows u got punished. On top of that u tried to arrow loop on an opponnent that counters pit. IN a situation like this u dont want to play fancy but smart if anything. SHoot arrows, space good, and shield grab, and u will find urself winning a lot more battles. Also, idk if u were gliding or just getting up (when u got tip'd) but if u were glidding from off the edge u got punished really hard for it and i wouldnt recommend doing it again.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
u got punished almost everytime (if not everytime) for arrow looping. there was no need for it. U had the right idea to run and shoot arrows but when u started looping arrows u got punished. On top of that u tried to arrow loop on an opponnent that counters pit. IN a situation like this u dont want to play fancy but smart if anything. SHoot arrows, space good, and shield grab, and u will find urself winning a lot more battles. Also, idk if u were gliding or just getting up (when u got tip'd) but if u were glidding from off the edge u got punished really hard for it and i wouldnt recommend doing it again.
ugggg....read the thread i know i got that critque 50 times, but thatnk you for the rest of your imput..other then the arrow looping thing(which i've fixed and will new vids up soon)the rest of the input im getting is great

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
ugggg....read the thread i know i got that critque 50 times, but thatnk you for the rest of your imput..other then the arrow looping thing(which i've fixed and will new vids up soon)the rest of the input im getting is great
lol i didnt feel like reading just wanted to put my input in. Personally i dont see a use for arrow looping unless to just show off but i will watch ur new vids and put my 2 cents in.

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
It's Official, Pits can't agree on anything.

Chaotic, If you love arrow looping, as i do, i find it less punishable if you hold shielf while doing it. If you do it corectly then you it should look like: shield> spotdodge> shield> arrow. This way, even if they grab you, they'll get hit out of the grab and you can punsih them. (This is ofcourse with a few exceptions like bowser's sideB and rob's insane quick throw.)

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
It's Official, Pits can't agree on anything.

Chaotic, If you love arrow looping, as i do, i find it less punishable if you hold shielf while doing it. If you do it corectly then you it should look like: shield> spotdodge> shield> arrow. This way, even if they grab you, they'll get hit out of the grab and you can punsih them. (This is ofcourse with a few exceptions like bowser's sideB and rob's insane quick throw.)
I can't read your blue font in its natural form on my Wii! I had to read it by quoting it!

Re: you vs. Marth: I liked a bunch of stuff you did there. It was obvious both of you knew certain tricks about each other. Work on your edgeguard/hog game; you could have gimped him at least 3 times via quickhog or mirror shine. And when he has high percentage, go for the kill moves. Space like a mofo and dish out the Ftilts and whatnot. Re: grab game in this round: try more forward or up-throws for more damage. Forward is more comboable than backward, for example. As well, throw in some knees. I haven't gotten into the habit of it yet either.

Addendum: Well, I finished watching the other videos (I quit watching the first you vs. MK halfway and didn't start on the second) and I don't have much else to say. I love the retreating arrows (I do that sometimes). I loved that Dtilt spike on MK as he was about to shuttle loop (I've got to try that sometimes but I am not in the habit of Dtilt spiking). Keep playing different people who are skilled and worldly knowledge will come to you.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I see, just remeber one thing you might overlook people dont rely on predicting windash push effect because they can see they only cant suppose the distant or assume how much push they will get. the hauman mind doesn't acquire knowleadge by data instead we: acquire by ideas so u cannot reduce it to predicatble values have said that u can predic a move then wingdash u have force you your opponent to react in a certain way then wingdash the pinishment thats its my fight style, if they dont react the i will overwhelm them and pit is very good at that

Lo! other thing that DK has a lot of exprience and i bet that if you where able to play aginst him he would pwah you
????

lrn2english

Top Bottom