• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check it out

Dekar173

Justice Man
I was telling THien about this at WHOBO, but didn't get around to showing it to him. So, how do we replicate this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNUvpCPFZY

FYI the banana that I DIDN'T throw at GnW was not in my possession.

Anyone seen this before/know the inputs that made this happen? Seems like a buffered dacus imo but I can't get it to happen again so I really don't know :[

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think ADHD reported something like this a couple months back, but he didn't have a video to show us so we didn't know what he was talking about

ADHD

Smash Hero
Yes I have it saved in my reply. It's very odd I couldn't find anything that triggers it -_- this game is stupid

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yes I have it saved in my reply. It's very odd I couldn't find anything that triggers it -_- this game is stupid
Do you have anything to get a record it? If not, can you send me the replay to record or something?

Just by looking at, I'm guessing what happened is that you did a hypen smash all the way to you the banana and those last few frames of the Usmash where you can't be dsmashed and made it so you didn't get tripped, but you still got the distance you would from the slip of the bananas. But that was just a shot in the dark, I have no idea really

Dekar173

Justice Man
What are the circumstances in YOUR replay?

I'm dropping down into a buffered > flarble gargle input, is yours similar or are you on the ground the entire time you could have inputted everything?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hmm...

Do you think you can always aim a regular U-Smash to avoid trips?

Also, for those that don't know, if two bananas are sitting right next to each other, one yours, one the opponents, you can pick up yours with the dash attack and avoiding hitting the opponent with the right spacing. I gotta make a video of it I guess.

white peachy

Smash Ace
Yeah if you space Diddy's running usmash properly you can float over bananas as long as you c-stick it and keep the control stick in the direction you are dashing throughout the usmash animation. Kinda weird, I'd never noticed it until now. That's not that hard, but the DACUS length I can't seem to get :(. I suck at the claw method with sheik, but I'd imagine you have to do something funky like that to DACUS that length with diddy.

This could be a decent defensive tactic against stolen bananas possibly if anyone perfected it....maybe...lol

EDIT: Weird...You can also pick up a naner with a "normally" (Snake-style) executed DACUS with the right spacing. (I have tap jump off) I can only seem to get it if I charge the usmash. ...wtf at u-smash being the weirdest move ever...

Bellioes

Smash Lord
What are the circumstances in YOUR replay?

I'm dropping down into a buffered > flarble gargle input, is yours similar or are you on the ground the entire time you could have inputted everything?
Whats a Flarble Gargle Input???
And seriously weird stuff. Ill try this Usmash stuff. I never knew it could pick up/float over bananas.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah if you space Diddy's running usmash properly you can float over bananas as long as you c-stick it and keep the control stick in the direction you are dashing throughout the usmash animation. Kinda weird, I'd never noticed it until now. That's not that hard, but the DACUS I can't seem to get :(. I suck at the claw method with sheik, but I'd imagine you have to do something funky like that to DACUS with diddy.

This could be a decent defensive tactic against stolen bananas possibly if anyone perfected it....maybe...lol

EDIT: Weird...You can also pick up a naner with a "normally" (Snake-style) executed DACUS with the right spacing. (I have tap jump off) I can only seem to get it if I charge the usmash. ...wtf at u-smash being the weirdest move ever...
Yeah NL brought this up in the Back Room before, but we didn't find much use for his DACUS.

And AZ was talking about spacing your dash attack so you pick up the banana without slipping on the one next to it

white peachy

Smash Ace
Ok...

Just to clarify because my post was kinda confusing you can hyphen smash/running smash over bananas with proper spacing (about the length of diddy's body) and holding the control stick in the same direction you began the dash throughout the usmash animation.

And also...

You can pick up bananas and simultaneously charge an usmash by inputing a DACUS at a relatively(?) close distance to a banana on the ground. (Tap jump off, c-stick down, up on control stick+z method). You MUST charge the usmash tho.

...and yeah, what ADHD said, I'm not able to get the kind of length out of Diddy's DACUS that was in the video.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Thanks for posting this, Casey.

Dekar pretty much described the nature of this replay pretty much exactly as it is exhibited in the video, and I have actually done this on accident once before myself (although I don't know if this pseudo-DACUS was quite as long as what's shown here). As I rationalized to Casey, however, the primary thing that discouraged me from researching this too heavily is the nature of Diddy Kong's U-smash; my main focus when throwing that move out there is to generally connect with all three hits. It's a boatload of damage with an added blessing of low knock-back. I just don't see any advantage that you already don't have on top of others blindsiding opponents with a shocking 3-4% from the last hit of U-smash that slides half the length of any stage, when you have almost precisely the same result by simply U-tilting, plus other additional benefits. Hell, I even think N-air has less cool-down and allows for more ample time for follow-ups.

But, in all fairness, I guess we'll never know how good it might be until we try to apply it.

So, who knows how to apply it?

Dekar173

Justice Man
The only application I can think of is to retreat from a cornered position, I find myself cornered quite often when against MKs and other heavily aggressive characters, or maybe even to catch Falcos who laser laser phantasm (all of them ;))

Then again, we need to figure it all out before we can apply it, now don't we?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This was caused by GW's up-b. I'm almost positive for a couple of reasons.

1. If you look at the GW while diddy is flying around with his upsmash you will notice him jumping and pressing B. He was inputting up-b several times probably and this was buffered.

2. I can't tell exactly when the GW up-b'ed, but I'm pretty sure it was right before the nana hit him, then the nana canceled his up-b and he got hit by the dacus.

3. If you look closely at diddy you will notice him rise off the ground as he upsmashes. This is very strange as the animation wasn't canceled, but he was still pretty clearly in the air while still upsmashing.

It's just a glitch with GW's up-b. It can do really weird things sometimes. On Rainbow Cruise in a tournament match I up-b'ed into the bottom of a block on the second part of the stage while a carpet was under me. I then dissapeared and it showed me dying off the far right side. Gw's up-b does weird things :/.

Edit: Watched it again and yeah the GW definitly up-b'ed before the nana hit him. Look closely and you will notice him start to crouch, this looks just like the beggining of his up-b animation.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
D= i wished the upsmash was like the dacus in a mortar slide kinda way o.o.

after reading hylians post i kinda believe it was due to gnw's upb. the only other way you can possibly counter that arguement is if this was replicated but with another character besides gnw.

this **** looks cool :p it could be useful for mindgames/retreats/punishing far away airdodges,spot dodges etc.

Top Bottom