• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cheating to get CD's and stickers.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
A pretty good idea. I'll probably do this a bit honestly, since you get the music out of it. I figure it would take a while to get all the songs otherwise....

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
nooo! Oh my god its hideous. Sakurai first the crappy combat system as opposed to melee's and now this sort of bloody programming oversight.

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
Just be careful when you collect CDs, guys. They start fading away AS SOON AS THEY HIT THE GROUND.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
does it work when you use a character's repeated jab (i.e. hold A)?

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
nooo! Oh my god its hideous. Sakurai first the crappy combat system as opposed to melee's and now this sort of bloody programming oversight.
People exploiting the item spawn rate to get CDs and stickers?

What's next?! Pro smashers exploiting the air dodge mechanics to allow characters to slide around intsead of running?

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
Consider it a game mechanics exploit. Call it "wave-CD-collection" if it'll make you feel better.

Edit: And I felt so witty, too. Dammit. XD

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Ill do it if I get bored or really desperate. Id rather play it the way ur supposed to, even though the guy is brilliant ^^
The way you're "supposed to"? What does that supposed to mean? If someone buys the game, it is theirs to play. They can play the game however they want and can unlock everything in whatever way they prefer. There is no guideline to playing Smash. There is no rulebook on how you should unlock everything. People are creative. They waste no time.

D

Deleted member

Has anyone else had any luck? I did it the exact same way he did so (Right down to the characters), but I still don't get more than one every time I attempt it--Sometimes, I don't get any!:(

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
It's not cheating unless Sakurai comes to your house and

1. hits you with the wiimote
2. hits you with the wiimote and nunchuck
3. hits you with the classic controller
4. hits you with the gamecube controller

BlackYoshi7

Smash Apprentice
Is there a character combo that works the best? I was just using Ganondorf and a random and got a lot, but I heard something about it being more common by having your second as Ice Climbers.

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
The way you're "supposed to"? What does that supposed to mean? If someone buys the game, it is theirs to play. They can play the game however they want and can unlock everything in whatever way they prefer. There is no guideline to playing Smash. There is no rulebook on how you should unlock everything. People are creative. They waste no time.
You miss the point. Though doing that isn't cheating or anything, its still not how it was supposed to be done, END OF STORY. Its not because you bought it and own it that they did not have an INTENDED WAY of doing thing. This is something that was NOT INTENDED.

Thats all.

Top Bottom