• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cheapest Stage?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I agree with Midboss. Flat Zone (Big Blue is......Big Blue). Of course if we are adding in 1-player variations Corneria wins hands down. Nothing say"Bull****" like a rain of lasers Star KO-ing you

Corigames

Smash Hero
Final Destination. Think about it. It's just a big platform in space, no tricks, no moving parts. This had to be the level with the shortest amount of development time. It also doesn't have a lot of separate parts; just the stage and the background. So, it also has a low number of art assets on it. Plus, it's not like there was a lot of time wasted on its concept... it's just a big platform in space!

So, in my opinion, Final Destination was the cheapest stage to make. Now, if you want to know the most unfair one... that's a different story.

vull45

Smash Apprentice
Final Destination. Think about it. It's just a big platform in space, no tricks, no moving parts. This had to be the level with the shortest amount of development time. It also doesn't have a lot of separate parts; just the stage and the background. So, it also has a low number of art assets on it. Plus, it's not like there was a lot of time wasted on its concept... it's just a big platform in space!

So, in my opinion, Final Destination was the cheapest stage to make. Now, if you want to know the most unfair one... that's a different story.

:laugh: you made a funny

Most unfair Flatzone, TOOLS OF DEATH

S2

Smash Lord
Brinstar Depths...

losing because you can't grab onto a rotating edge FTL. There's just something I've always hated about this stage. I love the idea of the strage rotating, but I hate the final design.

Bailey

Smash Hero
No it is Final Destination.

Completely unfair for big characters like Bowser against someone like Fox who can run away and camp. It is also the cheapest because it is ALLOWED in tournaments most other cheap stages aren't.

Also Chain Grabbers have a field day on that stage. Sheik loves it, Marth does, Fox does. But every noob on this site is going to say "your kidding right?" because it is their favorite stage.

DAVO

Smash Rookie

:laugh: you got it al wrong , "cheap" means a stage that unfair to play on ( a goog example is getting KOd in corneria by the spaceships or by the tools in flatzone.)
Not that it involved little money to make :p

Corigames

Smash Hero
:laugh: you got it al wrong , "cheap" means a stage that unfair to play on ( a goog example is getting KOd in corneria by the spaceships or by the tools in flatzone.)
Not that it involved little money to make :p
Please tell me that you know... that I was being...

GET MICROSOFT SARCASM FILTER 8.2!!!

simplicityho

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Dreamland 64 is the cheapest stage. Low poly, low bit rate music.
Also, copy and paste.

Kips

Smash Ace
Big Blue isn't cheaper then Flat Zone. Big Blue when you land on the track, if you Tech it gives you a quick way to escape. While it can be dangerous, Flat Zone is the worst. Tools of death, oil slick, tiny and easy to knock people out.. Shifting platforms too!

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Final Destination may be cheap against slow, non-projectile characters...

But that's why counterpicks exist. <.<

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Based on my opinions, I have decided to rank mine (I have no intention in starting a fad here, so...

1. Flat Zone -Small, coarse continuously changes, and many many stage hazards.
2. Big Blue -Once you get knocked on the road, you're done!
3. Brinstar Depths -Continuous change. Also, no edge no problem? WRONG!!
4. Green Greens -Blowing tree, apples, bombs, oh my.
5. Temple -The "no-kill zone" says hi.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Big Blue, Icicle Mountain, and Brinstar Depths are the WORST, followed closely by Flat Zone.

TIE: BD and IM
BB
FZ
Corneria 1-Player mode (ZOMG LAZORZ)

In order.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Neutral stages: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story
Counterpick stages: Rainbow Cruise (if opponent is playing IC), Green Greens

Kips

Smash Ace
Oh god how could I forget Hyrule Temple? The ultimate 'You can't hit me!' stage, especially with Fox and Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff is nigh-invincible should she get a percentage lead on that map.

Lucarian

Smash Cadet
Hyrule Temple.

Sure, Pros wouldn't go down to the "safe" spot, but newbies would. Bounce around like Heck and not die.

marthanoob

Smash Journeyman
I would have to say that for certain chars Flat Zone is the cheapest stage. Characters like peach can forward throw fast fallers close to the KO line and kill them extremely early. A marth tipper or roy sweetspot is a auto-kill at mid damage.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Or Samus, Link, or Young Link standing on ANY level that has a "walk-off" side to it. They just go over, wait, grab, kill. Then repeat for the win.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Or Samus, Link, or Young Link standing on ANY level that has a "walk-off" side to it. They just go over, wait, grab, kill. Then repeat for the win.
They can't grab you if you're in midair =P

Hyrule, campers welcome.
Great Bay, noob campers welcome.
Mushroom Kingdom I, skilled campers welcome.
Yoshi's Island 64, do I even have to say it?
Flat Zone, one hit kills ftl.

Brinstar Depths isn't that cheap. At least the stage is mildly big. If Mute City didn't stop to land on the track for a while, and there was only that tiny, puny platform on a stage with huge boundaries, THAT would be the worst stage ever. At least Samus can grapple on Brinstar Depths, but Mute City is hopeless.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
That would have been funny if you said your friend plays fox or falco.
To be honest, his main is Fox. However, he's trying to switch to C. Falcon (which isn't 1/2 as good as his Fox, thank goodness). Now, on Congo Jungle, he flies across the areana with his mighty Falcon Jump, Fair's me, then always attempts to Dair me into the river. I nolonger like that stage....
(Final Destination ftw!)

trademark0013

Smash Champion
To be honest, his main is Fox. However, he's trying to switch to C. Falcon (which isn't 1/2 as good as his Fox, thank goodness). Now, on Congo Jungle, he flies across the areana with his mighty Falcon Jump, Fair's me, then always attempts to Dair me into the river. I nolonger like that stage....
(Final Destination ftw!)
theres no river on Kongo Junle... i think u mean japes

Dr. Metal Wario

Smash Rookie
Hyrule Temple stage. Going down to the bottom part of the stage makes it nearly impossible to KO there.
Flat Zone. You can easily get knocked Out Of Bounds with just a couple of combos.

Top Bottom