• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charity Event for MS (We're back and not procrastinating this time)

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
:[

Blu, chill ouuuut.
I haven't been in town, so I've been out of contact with Messi. I got back last night.
I'll find out stuff from him and try to get an update to you guys.

As far as I know, we were waiting on BUM for venue information, actually. But, eh.
We're still going to be trying our best; none of us are going to let this idea die. It might happen way later than expected, but, **** happens, you know? We'll get to it kid, don't worry.

*Edit: Also, the purpose of this thread was to get an idea of just how many supporters we'd actually have; if the idea was shot down by the smash community, the primary target, we'd've just said forget it.*

Also, quick off-topic question.
Do you happen to be Blue_Link524 on Gaia?

-Nox`

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Okay, With a lot of things moving this back and out of the way its been pretty annoying getting this all together. Shooting for sometime in December or January for the actual tournament to take place. Should have all the information mid-October.

Or as Early as the first week of October.

False Soundz

Smash Apprentice
I hate MS, what's wrong with the world and it's **** sickness'
I'll be there for brawl 100%, melee IDK yet, all depends on how everything goes.

If possible I'll buy a shirt to help support this.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Ok Guys between school starting ****ty econ and everything else im leaving this up too you guys a bit

Search for a venue together any ideas at all would be good i'm also gonna go back to Original location of NUHS since now there's no excuse of "Work being done"

This isn't dead even if we had a venues would take months to plan so now we will just rush the planning process so open fourm guys any ideas?

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
Maybe posting on the Shoryuken boards and MLG boards to get a feel of how many SF kids and Halo kids we can bring in, and make sure we get tourny organizers for each game that know what they're doing, to work with us.

Also, Melee & Brawl will bring in more people and more dough than anything.

You'll have to get in touch with BUM again eventually. I'll talk to Reno when he gets back from SPOC.

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP

Seriously, I guess it's dead D:
Nope, just sleeping.

-Nox`

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
HEY YOOOOUUUUU GUYS

After what seemed like 0% chance of having this event go on A little effort in a new location might be what we needed.

Now I will know more this week, But here is what i can tell you

NO LONGER IN NYC :|......It will now be in....Williamsburg, VA If this sounds familiar its because Bush gardens and Water Country USA are located here, and they have commercials! Now this might throw off the NYC community, but open up a gate or two for the Virginia Tech Smash community. I will know more this week.....If anyone still cares let me know I will open a brand new thread if that's the case.

Also EMAIL ME if you are in the VA Area and have any questions and I'd like to ask some questions too.

1. How is the VA Smash scene? Coming for NYC I'm sure its a tad different.
2. Any other major games here that would be worth promoting for a tourney?
3. If i were to Buy a few "Gaming For Cures" Wrist bands Would anyone buy them for 2$ a pop :p?!

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
My Bads for Double post but kinda different topic on this one.

For everyone who has at least taken a look at this thread from time to time I Apologize for having such a inconsistent input of information for this tourney, but for a very loooong loooong time it seemed as though nothing would occur, and I'm not trying to get anyone to excited from the last post but at the end of the week i will try to know if we will not only have a venue but also a deal on Hotel rooms at a very close location to where the tourney is going to be held.

Williamsburg VA is a huge tourist attraction so i encourage you guys too make a trip out of it enjoy yourselves and have a great time. one last question What is the best time I am looking at mid august here kinda a last thing of the summer good time kinda thing. ;D

Moozle

Smash Champion
I'm visiting my Grandma in Virginia in August. She has had MS for 62 years...I should probably come to this...

I will do my best!

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Keep the word going once I get details finalized I will make a new post with all the details possible.

Excuse the grammer on my phone.
Moozle if you can bring some chi city gamers like I said I'm working with a hotel for reduced pricing :)

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Are you guys just doing one for MS? Or for other diseases too? May I make a suggestion?
Right now MS. If all goes well I would like the 2nd one be for St. Judes hospital, but we don't plan on stopping at just two so suggest away.

Lily

Smash Cadet
Right now MS. If all goes well I would like the 2nd one be for St. Judes hospital, but we don't plan on stopping at just two so suggest away.
Okay, well I am a patient with Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis. It's an extremely rare blood disease in which I have too many white blood cells that attack healthy organs and tissue. Basically, it's just like cancer but a different type of cell. It's treated just like cancer: radiation therapy, chemo, surgery, etc. One in 200,000 children are diagnosed with it every year, and it runs a fatal course in most children. One in 560,000 adults are diagnosed with it every year. This disease is called an "orphan" disease. Not enough people have it, so the government doesn't fund research for it.

I've recently became a volunteer for the Histiocytosis Association of America (www.histio.org) and I'm starting a fund. I'm trying to start a gaming charity and all around just spread awareness for this devastating disease. The families and I who have been personally affected would really appreciate a gaming tournament to raise money for this cause. I'm currently working on one myself at my Best Buy. Thank you for even considering it. <3

The Cape

Smash Master
I support this tournament and I also support the disease that Lily is trying to raise awareness for. Even if you do not raise money for it, please at least raise awareness for it.

And lets get this tourney to happen!

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
So Heres What I got.

Pending Approval August 8th and if needed the 9th we are set ;) i will post directions for hardcore players from major gaming communities when i have the chance.

:)

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
I dont know why but we were denied...

So i will attempt to re-do EVERYTHING back in the hometown of NYC

Ill will close this thread and hopefully repost a new one with information pertaining to a NYC Tourney thanks for all the support you have shown through out this annoying process

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
Thsi joint has been happening for like a year and still nothing... so imma see if i can put something together with alex strife, Alukard, and some big name smashers... if i get them to come... many other people will come as well... that way it raises awareness, makes the tournament fun and everyone will be happy

also i would need to somehow get sponsers so there can be a prixe for the winner... but i will see what i can do... mayb it can be a lil after pound 4 and ill announce some information about it over there so mad people would already know about it

what you guys think?

Top Bottom