• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you don't want to see in Brawl!

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
lol sorry I forgot to put reasons. I just don't like him, thats all.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Wow that's the BEST reason ever. I know lets not add Falco because I don't like him either. That is BS.
Yeah, I know, they shouldn't let him in. Wow, were'd you get that one from ? My avatar?

And just because only ONE person doesn't agree doesn't mean you're right. Gosh, it's just an opinion, you don't need to overreact because of it. So I say you're the one that's saying BS right now. Oh and you're a *** for being such an NSider.

@bloodvayne

exactly

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know, they shouldn't let him in. Wow, were'd you get that one from ? My avatar?

And just because only ONE person doesn't agree doesn't mean you're right. Gosh, it's just an opinion, you don't need to overreact because of it. So I say you're the one that's saying BS right now.
It's called using an example. =/ I don't even care if Falco doesn't come back or not.

However not posting reasons then just saying "I don't like him", makes you fall in the Zombie, Basement Dweller stage. I suppose I can't overreact about your statement? Oh wow...:laugh: An opinion is not just "I don't like him", you need to post reasons. Otherwise you seem like Zombie lol.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
It's called using an example. =/ I don't even care if Falco doesn't come back or not.

However not posting reasons then just saying "I don't like him", makes you fall in the Zombie, Basement Dweller stage. I suppose I can't overreact about your statement? Oh wow...:laugh: An opinion is not just "I don't like him", you need to post reasons. Otherwise you seem like Zombie lol.
zombie basement... wow is that like from a game or something. Also are you admitting that you overreacted at my post? "I suppose I can't overreact about your statement?" And look at bloodvayne's post:

"That's not BS, the "you" in the title of this thread makes oppinionated answers very valid"
That owns you by default. And I don't need to give a complete reasoning for it if I don't want to. Otherwise, would you be telling me why I want this character in Brawl with a complete explanation all the time.

In other words-you can't tell me what to write just because I disagree with you :laugh:

Lol anyway sorry I took you time or made you upset. I just love debating random stuff with people. :)

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
-Tom Nook
-AC:WW Guy
-More Pokemon
-Sonic
-Any really generic person(Koopa, Goomba)
-Sora
-Baby Mario/Luigi
-Bomberman
-Mii(but everyone suggests this a lot)
-Lloyd from ToS
-Cloud

There's too much, the list for me can go on and on...

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I was just trying to say sorry to you.

And no, this ain't the slavery age again.

And I say this argument is over. :)

Otaku66

Smash Rookie
-Pichu
Must I explain??
-Roy
Replaced with a better representative from Fire Emblem and not a marth clone.
-Falco
Replaced with another Star Fox character.
-Sheik
Replaced with a LoZ:TP character and to me it looks like Zero Suit Samus has a similar move set to Sheik, so she might have already been removed but this is pure speculation.
-Tom Nook
I've seen a few threads for this guy but I think he has no chance of coming to brawl.
-Wolf O'Donnel
Would have a move set too familiar to Fox and I would rather see Krystal because she is more appealing than another Fox clone.
-Other Earthbound characters
Personnaly I don't find any other characters from this series interesting, and I've never played any games from this franchise.
-Samurai Goroh
I just find this guy to be unappealing but It wouldn't bother me much if he made it in.
-Tingle
I hate his face.

Thats about it for my list.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
-Pichu
Must I explain??
-Roy
-Falco
-Sheik
Replaced with a LoZ:TP character and to me it looks like Zero Suit Samus has a similar move set to Sheik, so she might have already been removed but this is pure speculation.
-Tom Nook
I've seen a few threads for this guy but I think he has no chance of coming to brawl.
-Wolf O'Donnel
Would have a move set too familiar to Fox and I would rather see Krystal because she is more appealing than another Fox clone.
Personnaly I don't find any other characters from this series interesting, and I've never played any games from this franchise.
-Samurai Goroh
I just find this guy to be unappealing but It wouldn't bother me much if he made it in.
-Tingle
I hate his face.

other than how I don't object towrds wolf, I think this list is perfect... infact, it's so touching im going to go cry now.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
-Tingle
I hate his face.

Lol, besides the comical relief, that's an overall good list.
I have two objections, however.
Wolf O'Donnell should definately be in the game.
And I think some other Earthbound characters should be introduced as well, such as Jeff.
It'd be interesting to see his movesets.

Framerate

Smash Lord
I honestly will be saddened a little if Dark Samus is in Brawl. She is just not that exciting of a character. She better not be in before characters like Balloon Fighter, Tingle, or Flint. I'm still pushing for Simon Belmont :D

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
-Pichu
Must I explain??
-Roy
-Falco
-Sheik
-Tom Nook
-Wolf O'Donnel
-Samurai Goroh
-Tingle
I hate his face.

I disagree with Goroh and Wolf, but the rest is good.

I don't want
Red
Animal Crossing
Sora
Tingle
Nook
Deoxys (Blaziken FTW)

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
sonic is in, like it or not, live with it, or if you must, then jump off a bridge. hahahahahaha~

i dont want to see:
everyone else except sonic (i like them all, but there are just too many of them now)
pacman (a yellow pizza thingy just aint cool enough, i'd rather they get klonoa~)
chuck norris! EEEW~
generic villains / people (koopas goombas toads space pirates badniks..... ETC)
anime and/or manga characters......

people i DO wanna see:
lady Lyndis (fire emblem, lord character)
ike (FE also)
c. olimar
mach rider
balloon dude
lucas or claus, along with ness (they all look alike darnit ~.,~)
klonoa, or any tales series rep (preferably Cless, if not, then reid, lloyd, kyle, veigue, senel, farah or luke...or JADE D:... :p to all haters)
dark samus (SA-X is basically a clone...)
Mii (they can be the replacements for wire frames...)
waluigi (:p to all haters all haters!!!)

ahyuckhahehihuhololewlulawl~

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
Dark Samus & Fierce Deity Link
I put these two together because they're the most obvious characters that fall into the category of being loved because they're a "darker" or "badass" version of a pre-existing character. In reality, they'd be so uninteresting and similar to their counterparts in Brawl that their inclusion would be nothing more than a wasted character spot. These characters are better suited to alternate costumes.

Any character from a Capcom-developed Zelda game (Oracles & Minish Cap)
The only thing more forgettable than these handheld Zelda games from former Capcom development house Flagship was the original characters they contained. While most of the cast was simply ripped out of the most recent console Zelda game, when they attempted to put in a new character, the result was either a walking cliche or someone completely boring. This applies to any villains (like Vaati) or bland side characters (like Ralph). I'm just glad Nintendo has taken back handheld Zelda with the upcoming Phantom Hourglass for DS, the first handheld Zelda game actually developed in-house by Nintendo since Link's Awakening (which was, incidentally, one of the best of the series). I'll be happy to forget the Flagship Zelda games ever existed, which will be harder if a character from one of them shows up in Brawl.

Zant
While I have nothing against the actual character, this is more of a matter of maintaining the mystery of Twilight Princess. I'm still not entirely happy that SSBM so blatently spoils a plot twist from Ocarina of Time with its Zelda/Sheik character, not even three years after it was released. Ocarina of Time took one for the team and sold out all its plot points and secrets for the sake of improving other Nintendo games, but Twilight Princess has a genuine air of mystery and a complex, intriguing plot that should not be revealed in any form other than the game itself. I'm 30 hours into TP and have seen Zant all of two times, and he didn't do any kind of fighting. I'm sure he's got some awesome tricks up his sleeve and some sweet powers I never saw coming. If he shows up in Brawl, though, all of his abilities will be common knowledge before most people have a chance to experience whatever is lying in wait for themselves. Plus, this will only be a year after Twilight Princess, so it would be way too early to assume people are familiar with the plot and secrets within the game. At this point in the game, Zant seems like one of the biggest mysteries.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
-Pichu
Must I explain??
-Roy
-Falco
-Sheik
-Tom Nook
-Wolf O'Donnel
-Samurai Goroh
-Tingle
I hate his face.

I would very much like to see wolf appear as a playable character and falco should remain. Other than that perfect list of no-good nintendo characters! lol jk

Framerate

Smash Lord
Any character from a Capcom-developed Zelda game (Oracles & Minish Cap)
The only thing more forgettable than these handheld Zelda games from former Capcom development house Flagship was the original characters they contained. While most of the cast was simply ripped out of the most recent console Zelda game, when they attempted to put in a new character, the result was either a walking cliche or someone completely boring. This applies to any villains (like Vaati) or bland side characters (like Ralph). I'm just glad Nintendo has taken back handheld Zelda with the upcoming Phantom Hourglass for DS, the first handheld Zelda game actually developed in-house by Nintendo since Link's Awakening (which was, incidentally, one of the best of the series). I'll be happy to forget the Flagship Zelda games ever existed, which will be harder if a character from one of them shows up in Brawl.
As much as I love ya man, I'm gonna have to flame you for this. But hey, you figured this was coming.

You will never let this go..... I'm telling ya, actually play farther than the opening intro to the oracle games. I know it's tough to get past that grass without the sword, but you know you can pull it out. You just gotta get your hands dirty. So once you *actually* play through, or even half way, and realize the pure gameplay and, I'll say it, interesting side characters of the oracle games, I'd say "DON'T SPEAK OF THINGS OF WHICH YOU KNOW NOTHING OF."

I can't say anything about Minish Cap cause I haven't played it enough, but I think my point is clear.

Now I'm not saying any of the characters are good choices for brawl, I vote Tingle over all. I'm just saying that, since not many people have actually suggested characters from these two games, I see this post as not an argument against the characters so much as a direct attack against the quality of those games. They aren't bad games, McFly. I'm sorry I had to do this. Imagine Jayne in the docking bay. It had to happen :D

Edit: Oracle of Ages had Pirates.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Any Pokemon past the 2nd generation...especially Lucario, Blazkien, and Deoxys.

Any SquareSoft character...except maybe Black Mage or Chocobo.

Chancellor

Smash Rookie
Waluigi!!
Ew. Waluigi > Wario.

No minions.

On another note NO MORE POKEMON, Unless.... they put ASH in, cause that'd be better than adding any other pokemon.

Oh god no megaman, hes been in enough.

I read somewhere that someone said Master Cheif... and No.

Crash bandicoot/spyro - Nty.

As much as I love the FF series, I'd like them to stay out of SSB

For the love of Smash, no Rayman.
characters to exclude:

all anime
all square-enix (with the exception of Mario RPG)
all xbox
all street fighter/mortal kombat/soul calibur/guilty gear/whatever fighting game...
all comics
99.8% of PS/2
anything without limbs (metroids, boos, goombas, etc.)
koopa troopers
Tingle (we've worked so hard to make him disappear, don't bring him back)
If I see another creature from starfox I'm gonna lose it.

yeah... mostly that =x

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
As much as I love ya man, I'm gonna have to flame you for this. But hey, you figured this was coming.

You will never let this go..... I'm telling ya, actually play farther than the opening intro to the oracle games. I know it's tough to get past that grass without the sword, but you know you can pull it out. You just gotta get your hands dirty. So once you *actually* play through, or even half way, and realize the pure gameplay and, I'll say it, interesting side characters of the oracle games, I'd say "DON'T SPEAK OF THINGS OF WHICH YOU KNOW NOTHING OF."

I can't say anything about Minish Cap cause I haven't played it enough, but I think my point is clear.

Now I'm not saying any of the characters are good choices for brawl, I vote Tingle over all. I'm just saying that, since not many people have actually suggested characters from these two games, I see this post as not an argument against the characters so much as a direct attack against the quality of those games. They aren't bad games, McFly. I'm sorry I had to do this. Imagine Jayne in the docking bay. It had to happen :D

Edit: Oracle of Ages had Pirates.
I have the right! I HAVE THE RIGHT!

Edit: Wind Waker had better pirates.

nugget

Smash Cadet
if they were to make magikarp a playable char. i would be forced to quit playing not just smash, but video games period.

and for those of you who don't know, magikarp is the reetawtid feesh pokemon that can't do crap.

Although i must admit, it would be interesting to see a magikarp do a shffld nair -> wd -> u smash...just sayin'...

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
No Sonic characters period. It's not Nintendo and although they may get more money from characters such as Sonic, that takes away from the uniqueness of Smash. Once they put in Sonic or someone else they turn a great game into another common fighter game.
Ok Sakurai opened the door for 3rd party characters by including Snake in the roster. Confirmed only 1-2 3rd party characters excluding Snake. No one is demanding you use any of them. You will see nintendo characters and plenty of them. I mean a 40 character roster tops right.... Having these small amounts of 3rd party will not change this game into another common fighting game......thats ridiculous comparing smash to a common fighting game. Smash is one of the most unique fighting games out there nothing can change that because they started the whole percentage knockout thing, fun items, amazing stages, ect ect.

O and i don't wanna see any useless characters like Ice Climbers, Young Link, and G&W make an appearance. A roster of characters people might be interested in. And characters who aren't recent by at least 4 years or something, Pit i can make an acception he looks cool and a very popular character, But like Ice Climbers and G&W don't make old old characters that you can't think of a decent moveset because they are old and all thier moves probally sucked.

JoeLewko

Smash Rookie
O and i don't wanna see any useless characters like Ice Climbers, Young Link, and G&W make an appearance.
Agreed. To me young link was a watse of a character, even though he was really fast, his attacks didn't do much damage, and i that i preferred link. I also don't think Pichu should be returning. He was fast, ok but he did damage to himself, and over time that would add up. You might as well just use pikachu. I think two pokemon was more than enough (wasn't a fan of Mewtwo), so i'd like to see less pokemon in Brawl and more Sonic.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
I would hate to see Amy from sonic series
and...
any very old school game chaacters besides earthworm jim!!!

Fawriel

Smash Master
*draws his sword, katana, battle axe, staff and random other weapons, piles them up and sits down on them*
*glares around*

I heard someone's dissing young Link...

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely no:
Plusle and Minun
Munchlax
Blaziken
Charizard
Dragonite
Waluigi
Zant