• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you don't want to see in Brawl!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Chickenboy666 said:
No Diddy Kong, no Dixie Kong, etc.
I only like Donkey Kong and donkey Kong Jr.
The other Kongs suck
GREAT first post. <_<; What makes DK Jr better then Diddy or Dixie? Nothin. REALLY nothin. Excpet perhaps cause hes older but so what? Diddy already replaced DK jr in every single way, no way he's gonna make it before Diddy.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Chickenboy666 said:
The other Kongs suck
Diddy is actually original. DK Jr. would be another clone.

bbb

Smash Champion
DSGamer3002 said:
I saw some people on other forums say they wanted characters like "Tom Nook" from Animal Crossing to be in Brawl. You have to honestly say that it's the stupidest idea ever. Characters similar to the following should seriously not be put into SSBB:

Tom Nook
Toad
Midna (LoZ: TP)
Tingle
Goomba

It's just so stupid for anyone to think about putting those characters in a SSB game. >.>
I want Tom Nook! But that's not important now. Why all the Ness haters? Gah!

greenblob

Smash Lord
I don't think that they should put in 3rd characters that are too strong of a representative of their respective companies. The game is meant to glorify Nintendo characters, not Capcom or Square or Sega characters. The 3rd party characters can be big-name characters, like Snake, but not icons of companies other than Nintendo.

REØ

Smash Lord
All I want is no more POKEMON! I wouldn't mind if they replaced pichu for another pokemon or other changes, I'm satisfied as long as Falco, and Marth are in, and a slight possibility of Wolf making it in too. ^_^

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Chickenboy666 said:
The other Kongs suck
you suck and your opinions are worthless so they arn't added to the list you clearly hate the franchise for some reason and you must hate original characters but love clone characters in short I hate you

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
xianfeng said:
you suck and your opinions are worthless so they arn't added to the list you clearly hate the franchise for some reason and you must hate original characters but love clone characters in short I hate you
I think you like the DK franchise a bit too much.. People are allowed to dislike DK characters, and in doing so doesn't render their opinion worthless.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I dont want to see the clones from melee except for Pichu and Roy. I also dont want to see any Sonic characters or anymore DK characters. Mewtwo can go along with Mr. Game and Watch and the Ice Climers. Tom Nook shouldn't even be thought of as a character. Captain Olimar is also a bad choice.

More characters are:

Waluigi
more Pokemon(except maybe Munchlax)
Bowser(he is too easy even at lvl 9 with 9 handicap)
Peach
Birdo
Toad
NESS!!!!!!!
Fox has been played out. Too many people play as him and they are all the same. They say he is the best in the game and when I face them they stink.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
MDZ said:
I think you like the DK franchise a bit too much.. People are allowed to dislike DK characters, and in doing so doesn't render their opinion worthless.
If someone wants a clone over an original and shigeru miyamoto their character suggestions are generally crap

JPW

Smash Ace
zombie7775 said:
I dont want to see the clones from melee except for Pichu and Roy. I also dont want to see any Sonic characters or anymore DK characters. Mewtwo can go along with Mr. Game and Watch and the Ice Climers. Tom Nook shouldn't even be thought of as a character. Captain Olimar is also a bad choice.

More characters are:

Waluigi
more Pokemon(except maybe Munchlax)
Bowser(he is too easy even at lvl 9 with 9 handicap)
Peach
Birdo
Toad
NESS!!!!!!!
Fox has been played out. Too many people play as him and they are all the same. They say he is the best in the game and when I face them they stink.
I half agree and I half disagree with you.

Bowser wont be cut. He is a Traditional Nintendo character and he is Mario's nemesis. He has always been in the Mario franchise games, and he will always have a place. And I have a feeling they might lift Bowser's game up.
Peach wont be cut for the exact same reasons as Bowser, just change the he's to she's also.

Fox is one of the best and most previleged characters, he's not my favourite in Melee but he is in my top 5, he was my favourite in SB64 though. But Fox is a traditional character, and looking at Lylat WArs, which is very likely going to be part of Wii and DS for years to come, and looking at Starfox games. He will always have a place in Smash Bros. Hall of Fame. And I hope to meet you in online world, cause i'll show you just how much Fox is played out.

You seem to be getting rid of a few main characters. Yet you want to keep secondary characters. What is wrong with you? Have you ever tried facing DK on level 9. He's worse then Bowser, and you want Bowser cut before him. Though DK shouldn't be cut, because he's quite a reasonable fighter. What about Pichu, on every level I have kicked Pichu's *** with Fox and nearly every other character, he'd be lucky if he gets a hit against me half the time.

You also underestimate the Ice Climbers. They can be suprisingly good, it all depends on who's palying with them. But IC's aren't that popular and are actually extra weight that can go for some other true characters.

I'm glad you're not choosing the list.
I agree with no Waluigi, Olimar, Birdo, Toad or Tom Nook.

I'm starting to think looking at the newcomers more and more there could be some deadly cuts, to take the game to new lengths and more brutaland while some may not like it, we're going to see a favourite cut. i think it's possible. I'm looking in a direction of Zelda, Falco, Marth or Roy. :(

bbb

Smash Champion
Why, God? Why do you not smite such blind, Ness hating fools? I don't get what everyone has against him. Sure he's low tier, sure he's only in one game, but if you played that game, you'd find it to be one of the best things to make it into American hands.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Plan 9 said:
Why, God? Why do you not smite such blind, Ness hating fools? I don't get what everyone has against him. Sure he's low tier, sure he's only in one game, but if you played that game, you'd find it to be one of the best things to make it into American hands.
And there's the fact the game grew a cult following and that Nees is popular in here and Japan. As for the low tier thing, he can be how he was in 64. I don't like all the Toad and Ice Climber hate either, especially IC's.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
rock_in_reo said:
or i dont wanna c pokemon (unless they replace one we allready have, i mean no one is gonna miss pichu and mewtwo)
*Rips of shirt to reveal a Mewtwo shirt* I'd miss Mewtwo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
xianfeng said:
If someone wants a clone over an original and shigeru miyamoto their character suggestions are generally crap
DOnt worry about it. These guys are all oblivous Rare haters. They hate what Rare did to the DK franchice and all love what Nintendo did with Jungle Beat. Just let them scream for DK jr, they'll know they where wrong when Diddy turns out to be in Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
FiErCe_oNi said:
i dont see wat the big deal is with diddy kong

he is gonna get in brawl for sure
Thats why these Rare haters should just stfu...

bbb

Smash Champion
Iggy K, you're good people! Both because it'd be awesome and out of spite for most of you people, I hope there are more Earth Bound characters!

JPW

Smash Ace
oh I wasn't referring to Rare for Starfox, I was referring to Namco. What they have done seems to be a hell lot better then Rare ever did for Starfox.

The only good game Rare ever made was Goldeneye 007.

Conker's Bad Fur Day wasn't too bad, but the lastability and difficulty is nothing compared to Goldeneye.

also by the way i'm not against Toad, I just think he doesn't fit in a Smash Bros. Game. Especially when you have characters like Metaknight, Zamus, Snake, Pit and Wario joining the mix. And I kind of like him being used as Peach's Shield. Kind of comical relief. Especially with the early screenshots. And all the shots I used to take in camera mode. Poor Toad.

actually I don't mean to support Rare haters, But I hated what RARE did to the DK franchise, and hated what Nintendo have done to the DK franchise too. So in a way I don't care for both. DK hasn't had a decent role in a long time. And I think we can blame both Rare and Nintendo for that. But look on the brightside at least he's better then Yogo Gorilla and he is an icon in Video Games History. Not as much as Mario, Pikachu, Link, Samus or Sonic, or Miyamato. But he's still up there.

I don't mind Rare, I reckon they've lost the will power however, I find all their games average by today's standards, and I find them to be pretty slack. Oh and I prefer Goldeneye over Perfect Dark. And I was never fan of Kameo. Even when it was supposed to be for the N64. I was never a fon of Banjo Kazooie either, and I found it to be one of the reasons why NIntendo was never taken seriously enough. What I find amazing is though the moment it switches sides, Fanboys who were ragging out Rare when it was part of Ninty, now all of a sudden start sticking up for Rare when it hits 360, and accuse us of being jealous and such. When really most of us believed Rare deserved the boot.
But that's my opinion of Rare, that's why I don't really like them. I give them credit for their years at Nintendo and goldeneye and Conker's Bad Fur day, and maybe Diddy Kong Racing but that's it. Never liked Banjo Kazooie, their DK games or Starfox to be truly honest.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
I loved Conker's Bad Fur Day. I just hated the XBox version, which bleeped out the swear words as well as all the fun of the N64 game.

I also liked Blast Corps.

NukeA6

Smash Master
JPW said:
oh I wasn't referring to Rare for Starfox, I was referring to Namco. What they have done seems to be a hell lot better then Rare ever did for Starfox.

The only good game Rare ever made was Goldeneye 007.

Conker's Bad Fur Day wasn't too bad, but the lastability and difficulty is nothing compared to Goldeneye.

also by the way i'm not against Toad, I just think he doesn't fit in a Smash Bros. Game. Especially when you have characters like Metaknight, Zamus, Snake, Pit and Wario joining the mix. And I kind of like him being used as Peach's Shield. Kind of comical relief. Especially with the early screenshots. And all the shots I used to take in camera mode. Poor Toad.

actually I don't mean to support Rare haters, But I hated what RARE did to the DK franchise, and hated what Nintendo have done to the DK franchise too. So in a way I don't care for both. DK hasn't had a decent role in a long time. And I think we can blame both Rare and Nintendo for that. But look on the brightside at least he's better then Yogo Gorilla and he is an icon in Video Games History. Not as much as Mario, Pikachu, Link, Samus or Sonic, or Miyamato. But he's still up there.

I don't mind Rare, I reckon they've lost the will power however, I find all their games average by today's standards, and I find them to be pretty slack. Oh and I prefer Goldeneye over Perfect Dark. And I was never fan of Kameo. Even when it was supposed to be for the N64. I was never a fon of Banjo Kazooie either, and I found it to be one of the reasons why NIntendo was never taken seriously enough. What I find amazing is though the moment it switches sides, Fanboys who were ragging out Rare when it was part of Ninty, now all of a sudden start sticking up for Rare when it hits 360, and accuse us of being jealous and such. When really most of us believed Rare deserved the boot.
But that's my opinion of Rare, that's why I don't really like them. I give them credit for their years at Nintendo and goldeneye and Conker's Bad Fur day, and maybe Diddy Kong Racing but that's it. Never liked Banjo Kazooie, their DK games or Starfox to be truly honest.
Say whatever you want about RARE. RARE was one of the reasons why N64 was successful.

And seeing the reviews that the Dk series (before Jungle Beat) has had, your opinion fails.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Rareware made all the good DK games and they are the best game company ever for that but now here is my semi omplete list of characters I don't want in Brawl I'll add more later
Adeleine
Baby Mario & Baby Luigi
Black Shadow
Boshi
Capt Syrup
Donkey Kong Jr
Dr Mario
Enguarde
FLUDD Mario
Frog Mario
Gastly
Hammer Bros
Hammer Mario
Igglybuff
James McCloud
King Boo
Lark
Malon
Marin
Metal Mario
Mikau
Mouser
Nester
Oni Link
Onox
Petey Piranah
Pichu
Plusle & Minun
Prince Peasly
Princia Ramode
Queen Bean Bean
Raichu
Red
Saria
Sheriff
Shy Guy
Slippy Toad
Stanely the Bugman
Stapy
Tanooki Mario
Team Rocket
Toadette
Tingle
Tiny Kong
U-Mos
Vaccum Luigi
Virusus
Waluigi

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
There won't be Nintendogs. They are an item for online play to **** up the other people's view. But people i don't want to be in brawl are Final Fantasy people, lesser nintendo characters : Pikmin, Monkeys from Super Monkey Ball and stuff like that. No underlings as someone already stated. Not too many people not from the NIntendo world because otherwise it will be too open. But even if other company's people get in here, it is still unique. Every other fighting game has HP. We have %. We can die every way depending on the stage, others just die by falling off the cliff in which case they can't recover. They just.....kind of.....plummet.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I'd prefer not to see any characters I havent seen before.

I know it sounds ignorant but im more psyched to see the characters from games I've played before. You dig?

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
Rareware made all the good DK games and they are the best game company ever for that but now here is my semi omplete list of characters I don't want in Brawl I'll add more later
Adeleine
Baby Mario & Baby Luigi
Black Shadow
Boshi
Capt Syrup
Donkey Kong Jr
Dr Mario
Enguarde
FLUDD Mario
Frog Mario
Gastly
Hammer Bros
Hammer Mario
Igglybuff
James McCloud
King Boo
Lark
Malon
Marin
Metal Mario
Mikau
Mouser
Nester
Oni Link
Onox
Petey Piranah
Pichu
Plusle & Minun
Prince Peasly
Princia Ramode
Queen Bean Bean
Raichu
Red
Saria
Sheriff
Shy Guy
Slippy Toad
Stanely the Bugman
Stapy
Tanooki Mario
Team Rocket
Toadette
Tingle
Tiny Kong
U-Mos
Vaccum Luigi
Virusus
Waluigi
now i'm agree with u! jajaja, u haven't put megaman in your list, so that's good jajaja, and by the way, i'm sure Diddy Kong will be in Brawl, but i hope Dixie Kong will be there too! =)

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!

ps. NO TOM NOOK FOR BRAWL! lol!

Capsule King

Smash Cadet
Myztek said:
Solid Snake.

I would prefer it Nintendo-only.
Agreed. Well it won't happen now. At least he'll sell more games. A lot more.

I do not want.

Pichu
Mr Game and Watch
Dr Mario
FF characters
DBZ characters
Anyone from the sonic series, apart from sonic.

And no lame characters who have the same move set but look a bit different. Dr Mario for example.

REØ

Smash Lord
I hope they take out that stupid worthless self-damaging mouse, ehh what was it again pichu right? lol

LilNess

Smash Rookie
Id rather not see more than 1 pokemon, I am for a pokemon, but 2 is getting ridiculous.

Sora12225

Smash Cadet
It's in my siggy... FF characters, cartoon based characters, minions, and It's not so much as I don't WANT Geno.... But if it was Geno/Sora for a third party slot....I choose Sora, and I think Geno would be very clunky...

Top Bottom